PDA

View Full Version : Welp, Ship 2 is full. -- Secondary Location = Ship 10, block 40

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 06:19 AM
Just got this message when trying to create my character:

"現在このシップは、混雑のため
新規登録を停止しています。

他のシップのご利用をお願いします。"

It means "Because of the overpopulation, we have stopped registration on this Ship. Please choose another ship."

I've decided the secondary ship as Ship 10, block 40. If you want a lower populated server with english speaking players, go there.

EDIT: There have been reports of people still being able to create characters on Ship 2.

EDIT: According to the twitter, character creation has been reactivated on Ship 2. Still, incredible lag impacts the server. Ship 10 is still an option.

Erin12306
Jun 21, 2012, 06:21 AM
Ah, so that's what that meant... I just posted another topic about it, but I thought it had something to do with character creation. I'm ticked off either way :(

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 06:24 AM
Well, for the time being, I'm choosing Ship 4, block 44. That's where /v/ holed up during the closed beta, so hopefully there's still a few of them there.

Cyclon
Jun 21, 2012, 06:26 AM
So, the community is now split between the ones that pulled an all-nighter and the others?

...nice.

FerrPSO
Jun 21, 2012, 06:27 AM
Goddamn, so that was it... I have the same error too... That sucks

PD: I didt even did an all-nighter, I was just working :_(

ViChan
New member here at pso-world, not a new PSO player.

So Ship 2 is full, so what does the English community suggest that the rest of us do?
I'm not sure which ship to go to now, and I don't want to end up in a ship that won't contain any English users.

kdrakari
Huh... It's possible that it's just a temporary thing because there's too many people online right now, but it's odd that it showed up at character creation not server select. They're probably trying to force an even spread of population across the ships so that they don't end up with some being completely full and some being completely empty, which would be bad.

Either way your options are wait and see if it changes, temporarily create a character on a different ship and either delete it to move back to 2 when possible or buy a new character slot, or give up on playing with most of the community. It would be good to have a backup so you can at least play with all the other people who have this problem. Look at me putting my foot in my mouth after getting all high and mighty saying "There's no reason we would need a backup!"...

Anyway, no official secondary ship but I recommend 9 or 10 to avoid getting the same thing again.

Alternatively we could restart that poll to see where other people want to go. The OP already went ahead to ship 4 so we could just go with that instead.

MasterSpark
Jun 21, 2012, 06:29 AM
I also believe that this is a temporary block to force the population to spread out more.

*Kadaj*
Jun 21, 2012, 06:29 AM
ship 1 block 1 ;p

FerrPSO
Jun 21, 2012, 06:31 AM
thats why bind a character to a only one server is a bad idea, especially if the servers arent that big

ViChan
Jun 21, 2012, 06:31 AM
Clever, clever Sega. This is actually a very good move on their part, but I really don't like the idea of being separated from the community. I think I'll wait it out.

If that doesn't work, probably going to have to find alternatives by scrambling through the forums for where other users are going.

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 06:37 AM
Alright, I'm in Ship 4... There are a few english speakers, but I don't know about sending people here. Every single block is almost full.

CapitalG
Jun 21, 2012, 06:39 AM
Well, we should sticky this or something. We have to figure out somewhere where people will be playing. Ship 4 seems to be one of the best choices as far as numbers, but maybe the quality of players might not be so good. And now that there are people on ship 2, I doubt that most of them are going to be willing to move. I never thought that they would out right cut off new characters. I hope because of this, the may offer a free transfer later.

CapitalG
Jun 21, 2012, 06:41 AM
Alright, I'm in Ship 4... There are a few english speakers, but I don't know about sending people here. Every single block is almost full.

Well, it is launch day so to speak. I bet most servers are near full.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 06:43 AM
Wow, I'm glad I decided to go ahead and register my PID on Ship 02 this morning before I left for work o_O;

I'm cool with Ship 04 as a backup but I'm hoping this is a temporary issue. This'll suck if we're all separated :\

Crystal_Shard
Jun 21, 2012, 06:44 AM
I should have taken a half day from work to at least get a spot in Ship 2. Not only did my user name get taken, I'm now one of those shut out of ship 2. Just bloody wonderful.

Ship 4 also seems to be filling up quick. Beginning to think of choosing Ship 10 or something instead.

shadonic
Jun 21, 2012, 06:45 AM
I'll Stick to one of the lower populated servers when i get home.
It's no use waiting for one of the overpopulated servers to Open up again As itll fill up with new Jp Players in no time.
Since i cant speak or Read a word in Jp it's just natural for me to ignore the higher populated Servers :X

CastSoldierFan96
Jun 21, 2012, 06:46 AM
Wow, I'm glad I decided to go ahead and register my PID on Ship 02 this morning before I left for work o_O;

I'm cool with Ship 04 as a backup but I'm hoping this is a temporary issue. This'll suck if we're all separated :\

Registering PID "on Ship 02" doesn't count because it's the same PID on any Ship. Unfortunately you still will not be able to create a character.

AlMcFly
Jun 21, 2012, 06:52 AM
This is why I posted a poll couple days ago concerned about this. I've been in Ship 02 all night and none of the blocks are full, most are half full, and the lag is spiking all over. So yah, I'm sure it's a temporary hold on creation because Ship 02 is not full. If we decide to move to another ship, we better do it quickly before most of us get too high in level.

CastSoldierFan96
Jun 21, 2012, 06:54 AM
I've been in Ship 02 all night and none of the blocks are full, most are half full, and the lag is spiking all over.

Pretty sure the "full" is referring to the total number of characters created on the ship, not how many are logged in.

AlMcFly
Jun 21, 2012, 06:56 AM
Pretty sure the "full" is referring to the total number of characters created on the ship, not how many are logged in.

Well that is likely true. Still though. No block in the entire ship is full.

Crystal_Shard
Jun 21, 2012, 06:57 AM

From what I can see, that is indeed what it's saying.

What a wonderful start to the day.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 21, 2012, 06:58 AM
before panicking, i say you guys should wait till mid day US time and try again, when the servers are barren since the japanese players have to sleep or something.

i have a feeling they may have just temporarily stopped character registration, for now.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 06:58 AM
Registering PID "on Ship 02" doesn't count because it's the same PID on any Ship. Unfortunately you still will not be able to create a character.
My sneakiness has been foiled ;_;

I can't do anything about it for the next 7 hours anyway, so hopefully this all sorts out by then.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 21, 2012, 07:00 AM
holy crap... i did not expect this at all.... where will I go if it really is full???

CastSoldierFan96
when the servers are barren since the japanese players have to sleep or something..

But when they're sleeping their characters aren't suddenly deleted and the servers don't suddenly become more balanced

Kous
OMG i hate to say i told some of yall so butt I did. Made 2 different topics that we might need to change ships, but most of yall were like " We already are on ship 2 so lets stay there". I tried to say it would get full, but i expected it to get full on the JP release date not this early

njdss4
Jun 21, 2012, 07:03 AM
Guess I should be glad I got in and created my character before everything went to hell. I was level 7 in the middle of a Capture Nab Rappy run when the lag got so bad I couldn't continue.

My advice would be to wait it out. I'm sure things will settle down over the next few days, and I'm still waiting on an English patch, anyway.

Cavistus
Uhh, guys.

Change of plans. Ship 4 is now full.

holy shit.

AlMcFly
OMG i hate to say i told some of yall so butt I did. Made 2 different topics that we might need to change ships, but most of yall were like " We already are on ship 2 so lets stay there". I tried to say it would get full, but i expected it to get full on the JP release date not this early

I made a poll about it too. It was like 80 people saying stay on 02 and less than 10 saying move.

Kous
Jun 21, 2012, 07:05 AM
Ok i just got into ship 2. When i get in I'm gonna try and get all of them to get on these forums and discuss what ship to go on

Also lucky me I got in XD

Also SHip 5 is also full. We need to decide now before all ships full >.>

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 21, 2012, 07:06 AM
But when they're sleeping their characters aren't suddenly deleted and the servers don't suddenly become more balanced

yeah its true, but the way you can translate 停止しています does not seem set and stone.

dictionary says 停止 can also mean suspension or standstill. however the reason why i think it might change is because of しています after the 停止

although its confusing to explain, it basically means quite literally

"it's currently being suspended as of now" it being character creation. the shiteimasu gives the nuance that the suspension is currently occurring. so the suspension is subject to change in the future.

if it was something set and stone, i feel like it would say something like 停止しましたbecause that basically means it's the past form of suspension, so it's like set and stone. they suspended character creation on ship 2.

but because its saying 停止しています i feel like it's a suspension that may lift in the future. it's an ongoing present thing that hasn't been declared as a past action.

sorry if this doesn't make very much sense, that's the best i can describe it

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 07:06 AM
I'm actually hoping all the Ships fill up because it'll force Sega to either lift capacity or add so many Ships that we'll always have some sort of destination. It's filling up very fast so I expect a statement from Sega sometime within the next few hours, I'm hoping.

I'll sit back and wait for now. I suggest we all do so for now.

njdss4
Jun 21, 2012, 07:07 AM
I made a poll about it too. It was like 80 people saying stay on 02 and less than 10 saying move.

There just wasn't enough time to get the word out about switching ships. Even I would agree that if we'd had more time, moving to the last ship (10) would have been the best idea. People just need to chill and wait.

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 07:07 AM
Well, I think the organizers didn't think about the server limitations when they picked a ship so low in number. To a degree, I was surprised that Ship 2 was picked, but then I wasn't in the early beta so I was unaware how many ships were available. Guess if I was in it, I would suggest a different ship, but alas it probably would be ignored.

CapitalG
Jun 21, 2012, 07:08 AM

Well, no one was expecting them to shut off creation all together. But hind sight and all.

I know most were afraid of the server economy going to hell and all, but at this point if the English community moved to a lower population server, we could handle that load by ourselves. I'm just not sure where the best place would be to go.

Kous
Jun 21, 2012, 07:13 AM
I think somebody with enough respect on these forums should make a Thread telling us where all to go. I would do it but dont have enough friends or post to do such a thing

Nobo
Jun 21, 2012, 07:14 AM
Ship 10 ftw?

CastSoldierFan96
Jun 21, 2012, 07:15 AM
yeah its true, but the way you can translate 停止しています does not seem set and stone.

dictionary says 停止 can also mean suspension or standstill. however the reason why i think it might change is because of しています after the 停止

although its confusing to explain, it basically means quite literally

"it's currently being suspended as of now" it being character creation. the shiteimasu gives the nuance that the suspension is currently occurring. so the suspension is subject to change in the future.

if it was something set and stone, i feel like it would say something like 停止しましたbecause that basically means it's the past form of suspension, so it's like set and stone. they suspended character creation on ship 2.

but because its saying 停止しています i feel like it's a suspension that may lift in the future. it's an ongoing present thing that hasn't been declared as a past action.

sorry if this doesn't make very much sense, that's the best i can describe it

Thank you for explaining. I didn't think of looking at how the original message was written. Studied some Japanese so I understand a bit

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 07:17 AM
Yeah, that translation is definitely worth holding off on a mass server exodus for now. At this rate they're all gonna fill up anyway, so Sega will have to do something or other.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 21, 2012, 07:21 AM
also, if it helps reassure people more

現在 = now; current; present; present time; as of

everything seems like it's related to "current state" of things, including the shiteimasu. if it was set and stone i feel like they'd say この which means this, not 現在のシップ (the ship currently).

if it was set and stone i feel like the message would say something like

this ship is full, so character creation is stopped.

they'd use words like このシップ (this ship vs. the ship currently) and etc. they even say congestion, but they don't necessarily say full. overall this is just a difficult sentence to translate perfectly so i feel like it's causing confusion. but i still say that you'll be able to create a character on ship 2 once the hubhub on the ship dies down. just wait it out and see

goldwing
Jun 21, 2012, 07:26 AM
i suppose it is worth waiting it out i mean iv waited this long why not wait longer.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 07:27 AM
Boosting server capacity unfortunately isn't quite that easy in an instantaneous sense, but this is a beta so they could always consider doing so over time. It's probably more likely that they'd add more servers unless they've deliberately limited the server capacity and it can actually handle more than it is now.

Or it could be a self-lock from a high rate of character creation. We don't know for sure right now.

Gama
Jun 21, 2012, 07:28 AM
so is everyone moving to another ship?

goldwing
Jun 21, 2012, 07:29 AM

nope fcl

kdrakari
Jun 21, 2012, 07:30 AM
Well, I think the organizers didn't think about the server limitations when they picked a ship so low in number. To a degree, I was surprised that Ship 2 was picked, but then I wasn't in the early beta so I was unaware how many ships were available. Guess if I was in it, I would suggest a different ship, but alas it probably would be ignored.

It's been Ship 2 since at least Closed Beta, which started with only 3 ships... I think. Might have been 5 ships.

Either way, nobody could really have anticipated that Sega would implement such a strong measure to encourage balanced ship populations; at the very least I've never heard of this sort of thing happening in any other game. I don't even really disapprove, just surprised and it's certainly getting in the way.

Coatl
Jun 21, 2012, 07:33 AM

I might have to delete my character if ship 2 really won't allow anyone else.
I have friends who haven't gotten up yet and would want to play in the same ship as me.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 07:35 AM
Not jumping the gun yet personally, considering how little we know about the nature of the situation. Best to wait it out and stay calm, all this talk of moving based on very little information will only separate us more.

Zeke154
Jun 21, 2012, 07:37 AM
we just have to be patient there are so many new players that registered after POB the total has increased since CB and POB numbers so sega will have to either add more servers or increase the limit eventually hopefully they announce something today about issue

LuneFox
Jun 21, 2012, 07:40 AM
I'm on ship 2 guys, just spam enter until you get in.

Cryonix
Jun 21, 2012, 07:41 AM
I might have to delete my character if ship 2 really won't allow anyone else.
I have friends who haven't gotten up yet and would want to play in the same ship as me.

From what I've read, the lock is temporary. Let's wait it out?

Gama
Jun 21, 2012, 07:42 AM
ship 5 is already yellow...

EXPFULL
Jun 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
Don't you just hate being right in situations like this! (still hope it turns out it's fine!)

I really hope SEGA sort something out so extra users can get on, and tell us QUICKLY if they are not going to... Each and every monster killed further cements my position on SHIP 2, but with the podcast and all, we want to be where the English speaking community is.

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
Yeah, sorry for any translation confusion. I just gave a rough translation; I don't know enough to catch on to little cues and double meanings like that

Nickamortis
Jun 21, 2012, 07:51 AM
I signed up for ship 6 and all my buddies from my clan are going ship 6 as well, all of us speaking English

If anyone's interested, my character name is the same as here, Nickamortis

DoubleCannon
Jun 21, 2012, 07:53 AM
Im choosing ship 10.. seems the poll is showing most are going there since ship 2 is full

Peejay
Jun 21, 2012, 07:54 AM
I'm getting really frustrated. What happened to us all picking the same server?

If this is the sort of charlie-foxtrot I'm gonna see, I'm going to uninstall. It's not fun playing with a bunch of indecisive lunatics who run around like chickens with their heads cut off from this.

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 07:58 AM
I'm getting really frustrated. What happened to us all picking the same server?

If this is the sort of charlie-foxtrot I'm gonna see, I'm going to uninstall. It's not fun playing with a bunch of indecisive lunatics who run around like chickens with their heads cut off from this.

k bye you wont be missed

njdss4
Jun 21, 2012, 08:02 AM
Okay, I need to get off these forums for a while. Way too much overreaction and nerd-rage over the same launch day server problems that happens to almost every MMO ever made.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
Okay, I need to get off these forums for a while. Way too much overreaction and nerd-rage over the same launch day server problems that happens to almost every MMO ever made.
True, well, some MMOs get even worse day one server problems, like Aion which had 7+ hours queue lines to enter the servers, sometimes reaching 10+ hours.

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 08:04 AM
Okay, as the OP, I'll pick a ship for us.

Since everyone has been leaning towards 10, that's what it will be.

If you want to play NOW, the secondary ship is ship 10, block 40. But I advise against becoming attached, because the character creation blockage will be lifted in time.

EDIT: HOWEVER, ship 2 just turned green. Character creation has been unlocked again, so the exodus is canceled until further notice.

ttdestroy
Jun 21, 2012, 08:07 AM
Yeah, everyone needs to chill out, including the doomsayers and the guys telling people to chill out. If you're looking to switch to a different ship, hold your horses, the last thing you wanna do is log into a diff. ship "temporarily" and have a red drop....

Skyy
Jun 21, 2012, 08:20 AM
I managed to create Chiyana on Ship 2 now so it's really just a matter of patience >.<

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 08:23 AM
I managed to create Chiyana on Ship 2 now so it's really just a matter of patience >.<

Oh? Can you elaborate?

Did you JUST create the character?

Did you just spam the character create button?

Gama
Jun 21, 2012, 08:28 AM
i get error 602 when i try to loggin. wanted to register my sisters char but i guess thats impossibru atm.

kdrakari
Jun 21, 2012, 08:31 AM
Error 602 is something different, specifically you mistyped the ID or Password.

Skyy
Jun 21, 2012, 08:33 AM
Oh? Can you elaborate?

Did you JUST create the character?

Did you just spam the character create button?

Yes I JUST created a character! :D I logged in to Ship 2 and pressed the create character button every now and then for about 15 minutes when I suddenly got the intro^^'

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 08:36 AM
Yes I JUST created a character! :D I logged in to Ship 2 and pressed the create character button every now and then for about 15 minutes when I suddenly got the intro^^'

Okay, so that means it ISN'T a static creation block. That means it's a threshold. That means it WILL die down when the chaos is over.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 08:37 AM
lucky...
According to the twitter account, looks like character creation has just been unlocked.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 21, 2012, 08:37 AM
OK I got in, just keep spamming the Character Create.

Skyy
Jun 21, 2012, 08:53 AM
Okay, so that means it ISN'T a static creation block. That means it's a threshold. That means it WILL die down when the chaos is over.

OK I got in, just keep spamming the Character Create.

I'm glad it works for others aswell, good that my gut feeling was right with just waiting

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 08:54 AM
Yep, I just got in as well. If you want into ship 2, now's the time.

Meyfei
Jun 21, 2012, 08:57 AM
i managed to get on ship 10 8( /foreveralone

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 08:59 AM
i managed to get on ship 10 8( /foreveralone

well, delete the character and join up on ship 2. I've canceled the exodus, so ship 10 won't be used. People can still get in ship 2.

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 09:03 AM
that said... this lag is incredible...

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 09:04 AM
Sometimes. I would not expect that to always be the case. I'm almost 99% sure we will be fragmented off of ship 2. There is a very very little chance we'll all get on there.

Xeno88
Jun 21, 2012, 09:05 AM
Sometimes. I would not expect that to always be the case. I'm almost 99% sure we will be fragmented off of ship 2. There is a very very little chance we'll all get on there.

This is my opinion as well

BWS-1
And by ''Full'', any idea how many players are in there? Just curious. How much can ONE server hold anyway?

Meyfei
i'll def change. :/ killed Meyfei's voice ontop of forgetting to save my recent character save >.<

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 09:07 AM
i think it's time to chose another english server and to hell with those who stubbornly and foolishly hold on to the 2nd server of a game that we're not even welcome to playing

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 09:09 AM
And by ''Full'', any idea how many players are in there? Just curious. How much can ONE server hold anyway?

according to the blog during the pre-beta, ship 1 capped out at 41,500 players.

actually, I'm not sure if that was ship 1 or all of the servers combined.

someone more familiar with Japanese will have to correct me on that.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
according to the blog during the pre-beta, ship 1 capped out at 41,500 players.

actually, I'm not sure if that was ship 1 or all of the servers combined.

someone more familiar with Japanese will have to correct me on that.
That was all servers combined, and that was the peak of simultaneous connections, not the servers cap.
Today it reached a peak of 60000.

SolaceIX
Jun 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
Whose idea was it to cram the entire English community onto one ship?

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 09:12 AM
Whose idea was it to cram the entire English community onto one ship?
It's not the english community that is making the big part of the population, we're a minority compared to the japanese players that are filling ships 1 to 5.

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 09:13 AM
Okay, I've reinstated the split. Same as before, ship 10 block 40. If you want a lower populated server with english folks, go there. That said, character creation is still active on ship 2 if you can wait out the lag chaos until the servers stabilize.

Garteal
Jun 21, 2012, 09:15 AM
Late to the party here as well.
How many English players are on Ship 10?

watashiwa
Jun 21, 2012, 09:15 AM
Should have done Ship 9 like the old PSO1 days of Puck 9. ;)

SolaceIX
Jun 21, 2012, 09:16 AM
It's not the english community that is making the big part of the population, we're a minority compared to the japanese players that are filling ships 1 to 5.

I understand we're a minority. But having one, singular ship "determined" to be where the english community would hop in, just seems unprepared.

Ship 10 for me I guess.

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 09:17 AM
Late to the party here as well.
How many English players are on Ship 10?

Probably a decent amount now. I've decided block 40, but I don't know how many people will follow my decision because I'm rather unknown on these forums.

EDIT: I just realized there was another thread related to this. They've chosen ship 10 as well.

Peejay
Jun 21, 2012, 09:17 AM
I understand we're a minority. But having one, singular ship "determined" to be where the english community would hop in, just seems unprepared.

Ship 10 for me I guess.

Considering you have to pay money to be in two places at once, IT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 09:18 AM
About the lag, SEGA mentioned something about it on twitter, even though there was close to no lag in the Pre-OBT, the first 5 ships are having a few problems with lag today, they're going to investigate what may be causing the problems.
http://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/215809471656628224

(note: I don't know japanese and this is vaguely based on google translator, if I got something wrong, feel free to correct me)

Akaimizu
Why not 20? Is it necessary to switch the block as well as the ship?

Scionni
I'll be sticking with 2, thanks. A release night is in no way an accurate indication of how the game will play out in the long run.

Cavistus
Jun 21, 2012, 09:21 AM
Why not 20? Is it necessary to switch the block as well as the ship?

I figured if the servers are filling up as quickly as they are (and according to other ships' populations), block 20 will fill up rather quickly. It'll also prevent us from annoying the Japanese players, as they'll be unlikely to flourish there. Like I said though, my word doesn't mean much here, so it's up to the community.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
So 1 character per account, not per ship? Balls.

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 09:26 AM
Well, I guess it'll be a wait and see kind of thing. I'm gonna try Ship 2 again this evening to see if things improve there. Hopefully, they wont lock out again. If it is locked out, even with retries, I'll probably just go ahead and do 10 for a while.

Now case in point, there are a number of PSO worlders jumping in, but we are still a large minority. I don't think we alone are going to put too much dent in the servers, though we may fill a block or two. Most of the real potential english players will probably wait for an english client.

So 1 character per account, not per ship? Balls.
Yep. You have to delete a character to be able to create the free character again. I guess it's being handled like Final Fantasy XI, buyin cost per character, except the first slot is free.

Pat1487
Jun 21, 2012, 09:29 AM
I saw another thread about this that suggested ship 4 but that is also full
Ship 10 seems like a better idea anyway

Who's dumb idea was it to use ship 2, of course it would end up being full, its the second server

Peejay
Jun 21, 2012, 09:30 AM

Who's dumb idea was it to use ship 2, of course it would end up being full, its the second server

Think ahe--

Goddamnit, that's it. I'm out.

Garteal
Jun 21, 2012, 09:30 AM

Agreed, people haven't thought it out very well.

Vote what ship you're on in this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195887) thread, so we can get an indication of how populated each ship is.
Right now there's 3 times the amount of players in ship 2 compared to ship 10.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 09:32 AM

It's the first day where everyone is trying to play, it's normal for online RPGs to have problems like this at first. Ship 2 though is a more future proof ship than any other lower population ship like ship 10, it'll have an healthier economy later on in the player shops, and since alot of english communities, not just PSOW, have settled in ship 2, this is the ship that will have the most english players, even if those overreacting here move into ship 10.

Phaesphora
Hm, ship Ken was nice and quiet from 0000 to 0300 (Block 1 at 50% and all others near empty), but now you guys have got me a little nervous for when I log on tonight. I kind of hoped to avoid pandemonium.

11 hours til I find out...

Para
I don't like the idea of ship 10 because it seems like we're too distant from the rest of the Japanese community. Should stick on like ship 5 or 6 like we're on the outskirts if the Japanese population are all over 1-4.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 21, 2012, 09:33 AM
The early bird catches the worm, or in this case, the ship.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 09:38 AM
So where were all you smarter-than-thou folk when we were originally deciding on a server? :wacko: Everything has pros and cons, I like 2 because we'll have a market and events will be more interesting. Plus if the worst happens, 2 isn't getting axed. Plus I got to party with some JP players during closed beta, and I wasn't feeling any hate. We just partied and had fun.

Oh, and you were better off picking Ship 9 if you wanted to be isolationist. 10 will get attention just because it's last on the list.

So who's dumb idea was it to freak out about server selection in the first couple of hours in a beta?

Nostdrea
Jun 21, 2012, 09:44 AM
Isolationism is not the goal. If Ship 10 gets bonus attention for being last, and we can fit the entire community into it, bonus.

Peejay
Jun 21, 2012, 09:45 AM
Isolationism is not the goal. If Ship 10 gets bonus attention for being last, and we can fit the entire community into it, bonus.

I'm not moving, and neither was the group.

Except goldwing, who rolled on 8 for some reason.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 21, 2012, 09:46 AM
The first and last servers in an online games list always have high populations. Believe it or not, to some people, scrolling down 2, 3, or even 4 servers on a list is hard if not impossible to do.

We have adapted to this and willingly choose among the first few or the final one knowing we'll never be lonely.

KyAniki
Jun 21, 2012, 09:53 AM
Just a heads up to everyone- character creation in ships 1-5 is locked again.