PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Ship 10 as new official english ship.

Yurai
Jun 21, 2012, 06:41 AM
(yes, I registered to post this ^^)

Character creation on the first ships seems to already be blocked. In hindsight, this isn't very strange considering that random japanese people joining servers will probably pick the first open one, thus leading to the second server on the list being filled with non-english people pretty fast.

Ship 10 is the last server on the list right now, and will thus have the least probability of attracting random japanese players who didn't chose to roll on that server beforehand. It will thus be the ideal choice for english players to form a community that will still remain open beyond the initial few hours of playtime.

This is probably a bit late considering several people have probably rolled on server 2 already. I'm not sure how easy it is to reroll considering you only get one character slot(?), but for those of us who didn't get into ship 2, we really don't have much of a choice either way.

I'll be rolling on ship 10. Hopefully all of you will join me there!

kdrakari
Jun 21, 2012, 06:48 AM
I only got to level 2 before the lag spiked and I got disconnected, so I'm fine with moving. Not sure about everybody else though. Might be better to just let the day one frenzy die down a bit and try again.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 06:51 AM
My suggestion is either create a character in another ship, and when ship 2 gets unlocked, delete that character and go to ship 2, or wait for ship 2 to be unlocked.
The lock is only temporary, there's no reason to choose another ship as the main english community ship, since psow is not the only english community that chose ship 2 as the main ship, and choosing another ship as the main ship will only cause further separation of the english community.

Kazzi
Jun 21, 2012, 06:53 AM
As it's been said, the lock is temporary. This isn't going to be wiped like the other betas, I seriously doubt anyone is going to pick up and move ships now. We've had this discussion a million times already.

ViChan
Jun 21, 2012, 06:53 AM
I'd think it's best to wait as well, but darn does it hurt to be separated right now. I really hope Sega doesn't leave it like this for the entire day or even multiple days. To think I was going to play all day today T_T

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 06:56 AM
How do we know the server cap is temporary? The error wording sounds at least currently permanent unless some other official source has posted otherwise.

goldwing
Jun 21, 2012, 07:02 AM
not only do we not know if this is permanent like CelestialBlade said but we also dont know how long this could last i dont think waiting will b an option for many of us. we can come up with another ship and for thos who want to can switch back to two if it becomes free again. just an idea. but im ok with 10 or 8 atm.

njdss4
Jun 21, 2012, 07:05 AM
I would suggest waiting it out. I don't think this will last more than a few days. It sounds like SEGA just wants people to spread out. I'm sure they're rather shocked at the number of people wanting to play right now, and they may be looking into increasing server space across the board. Beta is beta ;)

TecherRamen
Jun 21, 2012, 07:05 AM
I would guess that this will be a recurring problem.

CastSoldierFan96
Jun 21, 2012, 07:08 AM
It sounds like SEGA just wants people to spread out. I'm sure they're rather shocked at the number of people wanting to play right now, and they may be looking into increasing server space across the board. Beta is beta ;)

Yeah of course, very good point.

Still, people will be annoyed or unsure what to do, especially if all of their friends didn't get a chance to register yet (or themselves)

Crystal_Shard
Jun 21, 2012, 07:11 AM
Count me in as a supporter of going to Ship 10. Even if it is temporary, there's a possibility it will last until after the Open Beta is finished.

In any case, we can look at it in this way - if we are intent on reentering Ship 2 should it reopen in future, we can treat Ship 10 as our final beta testing phase to play with character builds, then delete them once space opens up again in Ship 2.

Kinda curious, but how many people did get locked out of Ship 2 anyway? If there's a high enough number of us, Ship 10 would be as viable as any imo.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 21, 2012, 07:12 AM
How do we know the server cap is temporary? The error wording sounds at least currently permanent unless some other official source has posted otherwise.

its difficult to translate but the error sentence gives the nuance that it is temporary, however if you regularly translate it, it sounds like it's permanent.

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 07:12 AM
I'm definitely in support of Ship 10 as well. The ships are already closing down incrementally as we speak. By the afternoon, when a lot of us will be logging in the first time, only the bottom ships may be the open ones. We're about to lose 5 right now.

If 2 opens up later, maybe we can move there, but I almost suggest that we actually pick a later ship to move to. Even now, Ship 2 seems a little ambitious to choose as the english server. The game is new and I would expect that it could be a good amount of time before ship 2 would not be mostly filled up. This is a Japanese version of the game and Japanese PS servers tend to be rather filled most of the time. Might as well use PSU and PSP2 as examples of how the first 2 ships/servers are usually well-filled. (For a long time, in PSU english, that was the case)

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 21, 2012, 07:13 AM
Yeah of course, very good point.

Still, people will be annoyed or unsure what to do, especially if all of their friends didn't get a chance to register yet (or themselves)

Well I'm already annoyed that our community is being split up like this =_=

and if it's just a temporary thing, I have to delete my char and start again?? great....

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 21, 2012, 07:13 AM
I joining ship 10 as soon as I get a new sega ID lol

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 07:14 AM
its difficult to translate but the error sentence gives the nuance that it is temporary, however if you regularly translate it, it sounds like it's permanent.
I see. Certainly hoping you're right :P And hoping it won't fill up again before I get back home, haha.

*totally being productive*

LuneFox
Jun 21, 2012, 07:15 AM
Okay, I'm starting on server 10.

Kous
Jun 21, 2012, 07:16 AM
Ok yall are forgetting 1 BIG promblem. Even if the server 2 is un-blocked, with all the new JP players were gonnna get lagged the freak out. On the pre-open beta I didnt lag once and I'm glad for that,but when I was on Ship 2 this morning. I was lagging around town and fightning.

I will also be starting on ship 10 now which block? :)

BronxSage
Jun 21, 2012, 07:18 AM
my friends and i will be going to ship 10 too.

Akaimizu
To avoid confusion, perhaps we should keep the same block structure. Shoot for 20-22.

TecherRamen
I am on 10 right now FOnewm Ramen

Ezodagrom
During the closed beta, around this hour the game was completely unplayable at this hour because of the lag, but later during the day, when the japanese players went to sleep, the population online would take a drastic drop and the game would become alot less laggy.

The japanese population should start to quiet down in a couple of hours or so, I doubt character creation will be locked when the population goes down as the japanese players go to sleep.

Most likely tomorrow at this time the character creation will be locked again in some ships.

TecherRamen
Jun 21, 2012, 07:20 AM
To avoid confusion, perhaps we should keep the same block structure. Shoot for 20-22.

I vote in favor

Kous
Jun 21, 2012, 07:21 AM
During the closed beta, around this hour the game was completely unplayable at this hour because of the lag, but later during the day, when the japanese players went to sleep, the population online would take a drastic drop and the game would become alot less laggy.

The japanese population should start to quiet down in a couple of hours or so, I doubt character creation will be locked when the population goes down as the japanese players go to sleep.

Most likely tomorrow at this time the character creation will be locked again in some ships.

Ok so then we play for a 6-10 hours while the JP players sleep then What Ezodagrom. They get back on then the Ship is locked again only this time most are english player :-x:-x. This will not solve the problem just make a battle between English players and JP player to who can long in the fastest which in there case they can :nono::nono::nono::nono:

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 07:22 AM
Well, we will know this afternoon. When I create my character. If the ships are still on lock-down, we'll know it's more of a characters-created thing or just a current population thing.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 07:23 AM
The time argument is valid from a lag standpoint, though we're still not certain if that error means that the server has hit a cap of CREATED characters (not just currently online), or if they coded a temporary lock in response to a large number of characters being created at once. Capacity vs. creation rate, basically. We'll have to wait and see.

Certainly far too much uncertainty to go jumping the gun about a new English server this early on. All that's doing is separating us further.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 07:23 AM
Ok so then we play for a 6-10 hours while the JP players sleep then What Ezodagrom. They get back on then the Ship is locked again only this time most are english player :-x:-x. This will not solve the problem just make a battle between English players and JP player to who can long in the fastest which in there case they can :nono::nono::nono::nono:
Isn't the lock for character creation though? It's not a lock for logging in, right?

The time argument is valid from a lag standpoint, though we're still not certain if that error means that the server has hit a cap of CREATED characters (not just currently online), or if they coded a temporary lock in response to a large number of characters being created at once. Capacity vs. creation rate, basically. We'll have to wait and see.

Certainly far too much uncertainty to go jumping the gun about a new English server this early on. All that's doing is separating us further.
I agree, for now it's better to just wait and see.

Crystal_Shard
Jun 21, 2012, 07:24 AM
Also ok with sticking to Blocks 20-22 and moving from there.

Anyway, not gonna wait till the server fills up. Heading to Block 10 as well. Guess I'll have to hold off on any major leveling or rare hunting for a day or two.

CapitalG
Jun 21, 2012, 07:25 AM
I made a character on 10 just to start. If the servers open back up, then I'll move back to 2. I have a second SEGA ID anyway, so if it comes down to it, I'll use that one.

FerrPSO
Jun 21, 2012, 07:27 AM
just to let you know, RIGHT NOW Im able to create a character on ship 2. Try it yourself!

Kous
Jun 21, 2012, 07:28 AM
So anyways im going on ship 10 and if yall decide otherwise I will switch. I'm not wasting my play time

Home Dog
Jun 21, 2012, 07:28 AM
Some people are saying that Ship 2 is only locked temporarily. I can't imagine them just locking it for the rest of the beta. I would wait it out for a while to see if it re-opens.

FerrPSO
Jun 21, 2012, 07:30 AM
Guys I just completed the creation of a character on Ship 2 and im playing the tutorial so its a temporaly lock, try again, maybe you can go in too.

Advice though is laggy as hell!

Zeke154
Jun 21, 2012, 07:31 AM
停止しています does not mean its set and stone.
if you look up the kanji it says 停止 can also mean suspension or standstill. however the reason why it might change is because of しています after the 停止
although its a little confusing to explain,

"it's currently being suspended as of now" it being character creation on a certain server. the しています basically say that the suspension is currently occurring. so the suspension is subject to change in the future.
if it was something set and stone, it would say 停止しました because that means it's the past form of suspension, so it's like set and stone. it's an ongoing present thing that hasn't been declared as a past action. so they may change it in the future.

just be patient

LuneFox
Jun 21, 2012, 07:31 AM
just to let you know, RIGHT NOW Im able to create a character on ship 2. Try it yourself!

I tried.. no luck.

Skyy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:32 AM
I have no luck either ;A;

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 07:32 AM
Okay, so it was probably a lock based on rate, not total capacity? Good to hear, hopefully we'll have more luck during Japan off-hours.

Gama
Jun 21, 2012, 07:34 AM
this means that in events and major updates the 2nd ship will always get clogged.

do we really need that?

we should go for a "less crowded ship"?

Kous
Jun 21, 2012, 07:34 AM
Advice though is laggy as hell!

Thats my problem we are gonna have to deal with a laggy server. I dont think i could go through that more of a reason to change from server 2 block 20 to server 10 block 20

ViChan
Jun 21, 2012, 07:35 AM
Sega upgraded the size of the locked servers at (a calculated) 8:00AM North American Eastern time, and that filled right up. They said it on Twitter.

Unfortunately, I had a character in Ship 4 and it didn't delete fast enough, and I didn't get a slot...

FerrPSO
Jun 21, 2012, 07:36 AM
Yep , is not as bad as closed beta in JP hours but is still a little too much of lag

Sega upgraded the size of the locked servers at (a calculated) 8:00AM North American Eastern time, and that filled right up. They said it on Twitter.

wow, so I was incredibly "lucky" then.

Kazzi
Thats my problem we are gonna have to deal with a laggy server. I dont think i could go through that more of a reason to change from server 2 block 20 to server 10 block 20

All of the ships are laggy.

Kous
Japan off-hour really like I said before we just can't keep fightning with JP players to get into server 2

1. Its just down right dis-respectful ( this is there game remember)

2 We would logg in for like 8 hours, they would come back full server again. Then when we woke up servers would be full again. Its a game of cat-and-mouse

( not to mention the laggy-ness)

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 07:37 AM
In the alpha 2 and closed beta tests, when the more populated ships were laggy, the less populated ships were laggy as well.

LuneFox
Jun 21, 2012, 07:39 AM
YEAH! I spammed ship 2 and entered it finally!

Zeke154
Jun 21, 2012, 07:39 AM
All of the ships are laggy.

really? i been on ship 2 since the moment OB started and haven't had any lag at all, just got off a few minutes ago.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 07:41 AM
To be fair I can't think of a single MMO that hasn't grossly underestimated server capacity at launch, especially in betas. Guild Wars 2 beta weekends have been *horrible* about this. Sega will have to increase something based on Japan alone.

Kous
Jun 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
In the alpha 2 and closed beta tests, when the more populated ships were laggy, the less populated ships were laggy as well.

Did u play the pre-open beta because they probablyy fix that because in the POB I didnt lag once and that was great

Rizen
Jun 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
To be fair I can't think of a single MMO that hasn't grossly underestimated server capacity at launch, especially in betas. Guild Wars 2 beta weekends have been *horrible* about this. Sega will have to increase something based on Japan alone.

Actually, the only BWE that was very bad was the first one. Second one had no problems aside from lag.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 07:46 AM
Did u play the pre-open beta because they probablyy fix that because in the POB I didnt lag once and that was great
In the POB there was close to no lag in any ship.

njdss4
Jun 21, 2012, 07:47 AM
I have a feeling that when the dust settles, the community will be split because people are overreacting to this population problem. Like CelestialBlade said, most MMOs underestimate their server capacity at launch so that they don't pay for space they don't need.

It'll settle down. Just give it time.

Kous
Jun 21, 2012, 07:51 AM
I have a feeling that when the dust settles, the community will be split because people are overreacting to this population problem. Like CelestialBlade said, most MMOs underestimate their server capacity at launch so that they don't pay for space they don't need.

It'll settle down. Just give it time.

I guess i can wait llike 1 more day before i play. been waiting a week since POB i can wait 1 more day :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Coatl
Jun 21, 2012, 07:54 AM
It'll settle down. Just give it time.[/B]

Jesus, yes.
I know we're all panicked and upset, but that does not mean we have to be making irrational decisions so hastedly (like jumping ships because someone with 1 post in these forums said to).

As a community, collect yourselves.

Laguna
Jun 21, 2012, 07:55 AM
I think if we ever needed a new server choice, it should be 7. Because everyone know's 7 is the lucky number! Am I right? ...no? Awh. :(

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 07:57 AM
Ship 1 and 2 are showing as green in the ship selection menu, it's possible that it won't take too long for character creation to be unlocked (I'm guessing that at most it shouldn't take more than a few hours).

Peejay
Jun 21, 2012, 07:57 AM
Jesus, yes.
I know we're all panicked and upset, but that does not mean we have to be making irrational decisions so hastedly (like jumping ships because someone with 1 post in these forums said to).

As a community, collect yourselves.

Quoting because I am about ready to hurt myself just watching everyone trying to tear the place apart.

EDIT: I got into Ship 2 just now.

JRDeBo
Jun 21, 2012, 07:59 AM
I'm heading to ship 10 regardless of whether 2 is open or not. This will probably get worse once the game leaves beta and is officially launched.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
Good to hear peeps are getting in. Hoping that'll be the case this afternoon too.

Ship 2 should still be considered official for us.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
I'm heading to ship 10 regardless of whether 2 is open or not. This will probably get worse once the game leaves beta and is officially launched.
Open Beta characters are transfered to the launch version, those who already have characters won't have to deal with locked character creation.

ViChan
Jun 21, 2012, 08:04 AM
I'm sure that Ship 2'll open up pretty soon at this rate. Already, some more people are getting into Ship 2. I think that most (of not, all) of us will be able to get into Ship 2 by the end of the day.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 21, 2012, 08:06 AM
GRARAARWARARAR I am on Ship 10 Block 20 AND NOBODY is there where are you guys D:

I'm gonna go cry now

Kous
Jun 21, 2012, 08:07 AM
I'm sure that Ship 2'll open up pretty soon at this rate. Already, some more people are getting into Ship 2. I think that most (of not, all) of us will be able to get into Ship 2 by the end of the day.

Funny u should say that because i just got in. Waste posting much because was creating character XD. I hope to see yall soon

Crystal_Shard
Jun 21, 2012, 08:08 AM
Deleted from Ship 10 toTtry to wait for Ship 2 again. Though Ship 2 is showing as green for me, guess too many people are trying to get in still. Not getting through yet.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 08:11 AM
And this is exactly why we don't freak out and jump the gun every time the slightest thing goes wrong ;P Patience is a virtue. Good luck to everyone trying to reg.

Museigan
Jun 21, 2012, 08:18 AM
Museigan -- Newman Hunter, Ship 10!

I agree that Ship #2 is awfully ambitious and most likely to draw unwanted/bad attention by the developers even upon is if we dominate an *entire* primary [1-5] ship. Let's keep a low profile as a nation-base and live at 10.

xshinoda
Jun 21, 2012, 08:21 AM
Museigan -- Newman Hunter, Ship 10!

I agree that Ship #2 is awfully ambitious and most likely to draw unwanted/bad attention by the developers even upon is if we dominate an *entire* primary [1-5] ship. Let's keep a low profile as a nation-base and live at 10.

Lol ''low profile'' it didn't seem like that in pre-open beta and everything went fine ^^

Yurai
Jun 21, 2012, 08:26 AM
I certainly didn't mean to cause any fractures in the community. I thought the block was final, and figured it would be best to make an alternative suggestion fast before people spread too much.

It seems the capacity is getting increased periodically though from what people are saying. If that is the case, it's probably better to wait it out instead of risking fracturing.

kdrakari
Jun 21, 2012, 08:28 AM
Why is it bad attention if we prove to Sega that the foreign community is large enough to fill a server to the point of needing to literally shut down the ability to join?

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 08:32 AM
I still doubt we make up more than 10% of the overall population. The JP playerbase alone would likely cause the same problems without us.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 08:34 AM
Looks like the character creation has been unlocked:
http://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/215798518374338560

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 21, 2012, 08:38 AM
Holy christ.

I was just on Ship 10 for a good 30 minutes before I finally decided to keep trying and made it on to Ship 2... Ship 2 is laggy as all hell while I had no lag problems whatsoever on Ship 10.

It's a tough decision... Stay on Ship 2 with the good bit of English speakers or move to ship 10 and deal with less lag.

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 08:43 AM
picking Ship 02 was a bad idea form the start, we all knew it was going to be one of the more full ships just on the fact alone that it's the 2nd selection.

now it's a discussion between those who pulled all nighters and are too stubborn to move to a less filled ship, and those who are locked out

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 08:48 AM
picking Ship 02 was a bad idea form the start, we all knew it was going to be one of the more full ships
Things are a bit chaotic now, yeah, but ship 2 is a more future proof ship for us english speaking players than a less populated ship. When things start to quiet down, these more populated ships will have an healthier economy in the players shops.

Vashyron
Jun 21, 2012, 08:49 AM
It's the launch of this game, these issues will die down soon enough.

While going to ship 10 will soon net you economic problems, such as a tiny amount of people selling AC items via player shops or even selling at all (After OB) compared to Ship 2.

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 08:50 AM
Things are a bit chaotic now, yeah, but ship 2 is a more future proof ship for us english speaking players than a less populated ship. When things start to quiet down, these more populated ships will have an healthier economy in the players shops.

i think everyone who is providing this response, is thinking WAAAY too far into the future, and also probably already on ship 02. this isn't the Closed Beta or Alpha's anymore... there's a lot more players than this community thought.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 08:51 AM
All this lag will go away when it's afternoon in NA/SA, when the majority of us will be on anyway. I can't imagine you guys are gonna pull all-nighters every day :wacko:

Not sure how it'll be for Europe and Australia though.

cheapgunner
Jun 21, 2012, 08:53 AM
Finally got on ship 2. >.>

EDIT: Pressed cancel by accident... :|

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 08:54 AM
All this lag will go away when it's afternoon in NA/SA, when the majority of us will be on anyway. I can't imagine you guys are gonna pull all-nighters every day :wacko:

Not sure how it'll be for Europe and Australia though.
Based on the closed beta, things started to quiet down for us europeans during the afternoon, sometime around 3~6pm in London's timezone.

Finally got on ship 2. >.>

EDIT: Pressed cancel by accident... :|
SEGA mentioned in their PSO2 twitter account that the ships are now unlocked.

Xeno88
Jun 21, 2012, 08:58 AM
Based on the closed beta, things started to quiet down for us europeans during the afternoon, sometime around 3~6pm in London's timezone.

SEGA mentioned in their PSO2 twitter account that the ships are now unlocked.

Apparently not for everyone, as i am getting a message saying it is too congested and I cant create a character here

Miacis
Jun 21, 2012, 08:59 AM
Looks like the character creation has been unlocked:
http://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/215798518374338560
Looks like it's not working yet. Still getting the lock message on Ship 2 sometimes.

While going to ship 10 will soon net you economic problems, such as a tiny amount of people selling AC items via player shops or even selling at all (After OB) compared to Ship 2.
About that, I kinda need advice.

I'm kind of a casual player myself, so ... is the overall economy a really crucial part of gameplay for people like me? My last Phantasy Star game was PSO1, so I'm not too sure about that.

I'm pretty hyped for the game, and all, but I wouldn't want to waste a week or so playing on a laggy server, just for something I might not use at all.

Wouldn't it be better in my case that I stay on Ship 10 then?

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 09:01 AM
For me, I'm not even sure I care all that much about the economy. At least for the Japanese server. Not when I pretty much expect to get all my stuff from either the field, or the standard shops (PAs and such, etc.)

Xeno88
Jun 21, 2012, 09:02 AM
Looks like it's not working yet. Still getting the lock message on Ship 2 sometimes.

I'm kind of a casual player myself, so ... is the overall economy a really crucial part of gameplay for people like me? My last Phantasy Star game was PSO1, so I'm not too sure about that.

I'm pretty hyped for the game, and all, but I wouldn't want to waste a week or so playing on a laggy server, just for something I might not use at all.

Wish i knew what you did, cause it wont let me in for shit

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 09:02 AM

You could play in ship 10, but the majority of english speaking players are probably staying in ship 2, so it'll be easier to have people to play with in ship 2.

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 09:04 AM
instead of being so obsessed with how the economy may or may not end up becoming ( this of coarse is all assumption based on the another game) we choose a server where people don't have to wait for certain times of the day to play?

but I'm certain this is falling on deaf ears

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 09:05 AM
Thing is, I think if enough of us are on ship 10, we'll have enough. Plus the benefit of the performance. I maybe staying only because the numbers are likely to only increase for a while. Phantasy Star is Japan's puppy. They aren't going to give this quite the short-attention span some expect.

Boodendorf
Jun 21, 2012, 09:05 AM
So, for the people who are on ship 10, what block did you select so we can meet? I'm kinda lost in all that japanese.

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 09:08 AM
Same ones, 20-22. Use the lowest of those numbers you can get into. So 20 until full, then 21, etc.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 09:08 AM
it's of being so obsessed with how the economy may or may not end up becoming ( this of coarse is all assumption based on the another game) we choose a server where people don't have to wait for certain times of the day to play?

but I'm certain this is falling on deaf ears
It's the early days rush, things are going to quiet down eventually.
Dunno how long it'll take for things to quiet down, could be just a few days, or a few weeks, with a peak of 41500 players there was close to no lag in the pre-open beta, and today's peak was around 60000, so it's likely the game won't be as laggy in the japanese peak times soon (in a few days, possibly).

When the game launches, there will be another big player rush, so there might be another laggy period if SEGA doesn't improve the servers further, but things will quiet down once again afterwards.

Miacis
Jun 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
You could play in ship 10, but the majority of english speaking players are probably staying in ship 2, so it'll be easier to have people to play with in ship 2.
Well, yeah, but I can always buy another character later on if I really need to get serious and need more than just my friends to do big quests and all.

I think that, right now, the people who joined Ship 10 aren't trying to split the community or "overreacting", but just want, like, to play now and have fun without caring about lag and what time of the day to play.

Wish i knew what you did, cause it wont let me in for shit
I just followed the instructions I found on this website for the Sega ID, then this thingie: http://bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-beta-starter-guide-for-phantasy-star-online-2/
Everything else is Google Translate...

Not really sure how I can help you. =/

Peejay
Jun 21, 2012, 09:12 AM
Thing is, I think if enough of us are on ship 10, we'll have enough. Plus the benefit of the performance. I'm staying only because the numbers are likely to only increase for a while. Phantasy Star is Japan's puppy. They aren't going to give this quite the short-attention span some expect.

Performance doesn't differ per server. Whether you can even get in does. Ship 2 is just less accessible, and I still got in.

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 09:15 AM
Performance doesn't differ per server. Whether you can even get in does. Ship 2 is just less accessible, and I still got in.

Apparently people are saying different, that Ship 2 was laggy when Ship 10 wasn't. It's still early, anything I do in the next two days is no wasted time at all so I'm fine to move whenever. I'm not thinking like someone who already invested hundreds of hours or even 30 hours in the game.

I've casually restarted Diablo 2 characters with more time than I can do in a week.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 09:19 AM
Apparently people are saying different, that Ship 2 was laggy when Ship 10 wasn't. It's still early, anything I do in the next two days is no wasted time at all so I'm fine to move whenever. I'm not thinking like someone who already invested hundreds of hours or even 30 hours in the game.

I've casually restarted Diablo 2 characters with more time than I can do in a week.
According to SEGA's PSO2 twitter, the lag seems to be occuring in the first 5 ships and they're going to investigate what may be causing the issues.

Revlis-Desilver
Jun 21, 2012, 09:27 AM
I think we have underestimated the size of the UK/US population i think that no matter what ship we choose there's not going to be enough room for everyone so separation is a given.

DoubleCannon
Jun 21, 2012, 09:35 AM
I went to ship 10 myself. I didnt see any english names but barely played after chapter 0 since i have no idea what to do now, I wish I knew japanese language ;_;

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 09:40 AM
I think we have underestimated the size of the UK/US population i think that no matter what ship we choose there's not going to be enough room for everyone so separation is a given.
I still say our community has next to no effect on the overpopulation relative to server capacity. We barely filled up a single block in CB, this would have happened regardless of our presence.

Para
Jun 21, 2012, 09:41 AM
I really suggest trying ship 5 or 6 if we are to move... going to ship 10 feels like the english community wants to totally disconnect themselves from the rest of the community overall.

Boodendorf
Jun 21, 2012, 09:42 AM
I went to ship 10 myself. I didnt see any english names but barely played after chapter 0 since i have no idea what to do now, I wish I knew japanese language ;_;

Oh I had the same problem, you can get into a cutscene when you take one of the elevator, then you need to take a quest near the entrance. I'll finish my quest and come, I'm on block 20.

ViChan
Jun 21, 2012, 09:56 AM
Well, after a few days or so, Sega's going to probably have a couple maintenance times and whatnot so that they can solve this stuff (regarding lag and capacity) and hopefully expand player capacity along with it.

Ship 10 really does feel like we'd be isolating ourselves from the major population.

Nobo
Jun 21, 2012, 09:59 AM
I was in 10 and say a decent amount of English people, we need to chose a block tho. And honestly the English patch can't come soon enough. Menu guessing is a pain in the butt cheeks

Boodendorf
Jun 21, 2012, 10:04 AM
I was in 10 and say a decent amount of English people, we need to chose a block tho. And honestly the English patch can't come soon enough. Menu guessing is a pain in the butt cheeks

On what block are you? Cause I didn't see anyone speaking english yet :/.
Off topic but how do you make cast hover? I searched on the forum but couldn't find a topic about it.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 10:06 AM
On what block are you? Cause I didn't see anyone speaking english yet :/.
Off topic but how do you make cast hover? I searched on the forum but couldn't find a topic about it.
It's an option during character creation, you can choose between hovering or running.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 21, 2012, 10:07 AM
Get your friends together and just go to ship 10. If some of your friends are on ship 2, and don't want to leave to play with you, you should consider finding new friends. If they say there's more english speakers on the ship they are on and don't want to join you, that's the nice way of saying "FUCK YOU i'd rather play with strangers who speak english than you".

When this registration storm is over then you can move to ship 2. It's not like you'll be finding a super duper ultramarine rare that is worth 47,000,000USD and won't have a reason.

Go with your friends.

Boodendorf
Jun 21, 2012, 10:10 AM
It's an option during character creation, you can choose between hovering or running.

Oh thanks, must have missed it then. I'll just switch when I make my new character on ship 2 whenever I can get in there.

karen2442
Jun 21, 2012, 10:26 AM
well i moved from ship 1 to 10 Chacter name Jubei

DoubleCannon
Jun 21, 2012, 10:27 AM
It seems when i exited the game earlier i must have hit not save? because now i have to choose a ship again and make a character again. lol oh well i will just try to get on ship 2

thereaper
Jun 21, 2012, 11:09 AM
When I get home Tonight around 7pm est I'd love to find people on ship ten and I'll be on as "boomhawer" as long as I get everything set up properly. I hope to make Frieda despite me not being able to be on as much as I was back in the dc pso days, darn having a job lol. Anyways can't wait to meet alot of you an make new friends!!! ^_^

iwerkout
Jun 21, 2012, 11:12 AM
I made two separate accounts for this reason.
I'll experiment on Ship 10, make all my mistakes and what-not. Learn the game thoroughly then hop onto Ship 2 (when it's available) to make my true account.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 11:15 AM
I made two separate accounts for this reason.
I'll experiment on Ship 10, make all my mistakes and what-not. Learn the game thoroughly then hop onto Ship 2 (when it's available) to make my true account.
Well, when you delete a character you can create a new one again in the same or another ship.

Jk_Alentejano
Jun 21, 2012, 11:26 AM
I'm going on to ship 10 too, perhaps later i change to ship 10, or maybe it's better if people from ship 2 change to 10...

iwerkout
Jun 21, 2012, 11:28 AM
Well, when you delete a character you can create a new one again in the same or another ship.

I understand the results are the same, but why waste all that previous effort?
Besides, as soon as there is a yey-or-ney to a Global/English server, I'll be purchasing extra character slots.

Zyrusticae
Jun 21, 2012, 11:28 AM
Over the long term, it's rather likely that Ship 10 will suffer from underpopulation issues.

If you really want to go there, well, it's your choice, but I think it'll bite you back in the rear later on.

RocSage
Jun 21, 2012, 11:30 AM
the lock out is temporary. I got in after 9am EST on ship 2, tried originally at like 8:30 est and was locked. would recommend trying every half hour or hour.

The server blocks are all about 60-80% full when i was last on. it probably is just a server capacity thing.

Keyblade59
Jun 21, 2012, 11:39 AM
I suggest Pioneer 1 (Japanese Player) will be "dark falzed" and then Pioneer 2 (US players) come over and wonder where they are :D It'll be like PSO episode 1 all over again!

Nobody take this the absolutely wrong way, please.

Alena Zouryx
Jun 21, 2012, 11:56 AM
I don't mind deleting and re-creating my character later on, if that's necessary. I'd rather be able to play a little than not at all.

Hope to see some of you on Ship 10, Block 20... *Shrug*

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 21, 2012, 12:16 PM
Over the long term, it's rather likely that Ship 10 will suffer from underpopulation issues.

If you really want to go there, well, it's your choice, but I think it'll bite you back in the rear later on.

I really wish the people spouting this would back it up. And I'm already in Ship 2.

xshinoda
Jun 21, 2012, 12:18 PM
I really wish the people spouting this would back it up. And I'm already in Ship 2.

I thought you said ''Too late.''

ShadowsCrush
Jun 21, 2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah I don't see why people would care if it did, if ship 10 had underpopulation they'd just merge it with another low-pop server and blam, problem solved.

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 21, 2012, 12:20 PM
I thought you said ''Too late.''

I did.

I kept trying and made it in since I'm stubborn.

Krisan
Jun 21, 2012, 12:20 PM

How do you want them to back it up, exactly? It's just an educated observation from experience playing online games. There's no tangible way to back it up, really. It's not necessarily going to happen either, no one is saying there's a 100% chance of Ship 10 dying off later, rather that it's a possibility, and with characters being locked in as they are.. it's worth a little paranoia.

Whomever isn't worried about it can go there if they want. Those that are will be patient and wait this out and see what happens. It's that simple.

Yeah I don't see why people would care if it did, if ship 10 had underpopulation they'd just merge it with another low-pop server and blam, problem solved.
It sometimes takes years for server mergers, if it ever happens at all. (It doesn't always.)
Though yes, in a perfect world this would happen and there would be no need for concern at all.

Rizen
Jun 21, 2012, 12:22 PM
Stay on Ship 2 people. For those of you itching to play, go ahead on to Ship 10. Once things have settled down, then we will know what to expect for the future.

Malevolent215
Jun 21, 2012, 12:24 PM

keiko, the people spouting this have already been thru it many times in other games. The current situation is in no way a rare or freak incidence. Most MMO and larger launches experience server issues at the start.

If you want us to back it up, I mentioned in another post about SWTOR. Research the server issues at that games launch and look up what is happening now. Bioware encouraged people to join the less populated servers to avoid server queus and lag. A month later those people were crying their servers were dead and ghost towns.

It's experience we are talking from.

Itsuki
Jun 21, 2012, 12:26 PM
How do you want them to back it up, exactly? It's just an educated observation from experience playing online games. There's no tangible way to back it up, really. It's not necessarily going to happen either, no one is saying there's a 100% chance of Ship 10 dying off later, rather that it's a possibility, and with characters being locked in as they are.. it's worth a little paranoia.

A similar thing happened when PSU first started. There were two completely seperate entrances (which were eventually merged). When it first started, the game was packed and entrance 1 was severely laggy and some english speakers started characters on entrance 2 instead. Within about 2 weeks or so, it was cleared up. Took a little while to completely clear up, but it was largely cleared up within a few days. But by that time, the people that had started on entrance 2 didn't necessarily want to start over on entrance 1. But, skip to 6 months later, and entrance 2 was a barren wasteland.

EDIT: I'm referring to the JP release of PSU (for those that were around during PSU betas and release, of which I'm sure I'm one of the very few that are still around)

ShadowsCrush
Jun 21, 2012, 12:26 PM
keiko, the people spouting this have already been thru it many times in other games. The current situation is in no way a rare or freak incidence. Most MMO and larger launches experience server issues at the start.

If you want us to back it up, I mentioned in another post about SWTOR. Research the server issues at that games launch and look up what is happening now. Bioware encouraged people to join the less populated servers to avoid server queus and lag. A month later those people were crying their servers were dead and ghost towns.

And if SWTOR isn't your thing, surely you've heard of Diablo 3 lol

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 21, 2012, 12:29 PM

And you think I don't have MMO experience? I probably have more than most considering the number of low-pop MMO servers I've been through. You guys are just blowing the thing out of proportion. It's the first day and this goes for both ends.

Who says Ship 2 will open back up? It probably will as this is just the first day and they are fixing issues.

What if it reaches an actual permanent cap and a portion of the community is locked out? You guys won't feel any remorse at all about this that are locked out? This could happen in full launch.

Who is to say Ship 10 won't reach what Ship 2 has right now by the end of the week? Like I said I'm already on Ship 02 so I don't care if we move or don't, I'm just trying to find out why people are so lazy as to not go "Oh, this is a slight problem guys, let's go ahead and take the initiative and fix it ahead of waiting for Sega."

I'm just saying all this, you can ignore me really. I'm just a little stumped is all, and I'm also an idiot when it comes to this. I just feel a little what those that are out of the community right now are feeling as I've felt it many times.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 12:32 PM
I didn't know patience was laziness.

I'm content to wait a day and get on a server with a future rather than jump the gun based on a few hours of a beta on a server we may not even have in six months.

Ships 1-5 will get fixed, it's not economical for Sega not to. Nothing wrong with playing on multiple ships but I see no reason to go as far as wanting to change the main server over a day-one-beta issue.

Krisan
Jun 21, 2012, 12:33 PM
And you think I don't have MMO experience? I probably have more than most considering the number of low-pop MMO servers I've been through. You guys are just blowing the thing out of proportion. It's the first day and this goes for both ends.

Who says Ship 2 will open back up? It probably will as this is just the first day and they are fixing issues.

What if it reaches an actual permanent cap and a portion of the community is locked out? This could happen in full launch.

Who is to say Ship 10 won't reach what Ship 2 has right now by the end of the week? Like I said I'm already on Ship 02 so I don't care if we move or don't, I'm just trying to find out why people are so lazy as to not go "Oh, this is a slight problem guys, let's go ahead and take the initiative and fix it ahead of waiting for Sega."

Why do you care so much? Some of us are patient and are willing to wait it out and see what happens, why is that such a big deal to some people here? Some of us are a little cautious about server stability, yes, why is that an issue? You're acting like we're making a bunch of uneducated guesses when most of us have been through the very thing we fear - sure our paranoia may never come to fruition, but so what? So we waited a day or two for nothing? Big deal on our part, that's our lost time playing not yours.

It seems more like you're the one blowing this out of proportion. It's not that big a deal if some of us are willing to wait and see what happens server-wise.

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 21, 2012, 12:35 PM
Why do you care so much? Some of us are patient and are willing to wait it out and see what happens, why is that such a big deal to some people here? Some of us are a little cautious about server stability, yes, why is that an issue? You're acting like we're making a bunch of uneducated guesses when most of us have been through the very thing we fear - sure our paranoia may never come to fruition, but so what? So we waited a day or two for nothing? Big deal on our part, that's our lost time playing not yours.

It seems more like you're the one blowing this out of proportion. It's not that big a deal if some of us are willing to wait and see what happens server-wise.

Cause I'm terrible with arguments and you guys are amusing me while I wait for my weekend job to pick up.

Edit: It's hard to argue when you don't care.

MasterChuck
Jun 21, 2012, 12:39 PM
Have fun on ship 10! I'll stick with the server with the largest English population (and my friends).

Para
Jun 21, 2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah I think we should wait and see what happens on Ship 2 before jumping ships.

Arika
Jun 21, 2012, 12:45 PM
every MMO players know though that the last ship always be the most dangerous one to die out first.

For people who "only plan to play in JP server temporary and then change into English server later on" then it probably a good choice to just play around in ship-10.

But for people who "play to stay in JP server as long term" I think it will be a big mistake to stay in ship-10. (1. when english server release a lot of ppl will move out and leave only few remain, 2. it is always worst economy. 3. it will be the first ghost town)

Note: At ship-2, we got 3-4 lobby full with English speaker only on the first hour at launch (estimate 400 english speakers here) so you will not find any more english players than this ship. and no, I don't think it is possible to ask this much people to move.

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 12:47 PM

What if it reaches an actual permanent cap and a portion of the community is locked out? You guys won't feel any remorse at all about this that are locked out? This could happen in full launch.

I'm just saying all this, you can ignore me really. I'm just a little stumped is all, and I'm also an idiot when it comes to this. I just feel a little what those that are out of the community right now are feeling as I've felt it many times.

You may doubt if you were able to express how you felt, but I feel it came through.

Honestly, Ship 10 is most like a fine and safe decision. I've been reading that Ships 1-5 already completely full and this is the Beta. Who's to say the wont have to add more ships? they will probably have to create more ships.

If people fear ship closing down and what not, any decent company running an MMO will just do character moves. In any case, I don't care how much experience people may think they have with MMO's (look at my membership date, pre dates most of the people posting and I'm not about to start assuming whats going to happen) it's impossible to predict the outcome of PSO 2, it may become a smash hit and new servers will have to be produced, or it may day out and end up running only like 5 servers; it's the Open Beta, it's waaay too early to make assumptions.

Krisan
Jun 21, 2012, 12:53 PM
You may doubt if you were able to express how you felt, but I feel it came through.

Honestly, Ship 10 is most like a fine and safe decision. I've been reading that Ships 1-5 already completely full and this is the Beta. Who's to say the wont have to add more ships? they will probably have to create more ships.

If people fear ship closing down and what not, any decent company running an MMO will just do character moves. In any case, I don't care how much experience people may think they have with MMO's (look at my membership date, pre dates most of the people posting and I'm not about to start assuming whats going to happen) it's impossible to predict the outcome of PSO 2, it may become a smash hit and new servers will have to be produced, or it may day out and end up running only like 5 servers; it's the Open Beta, it's waaay too early to make assumptions.

Registration dates to these forums is a silly basis to go off of. I just never chose to register until 2007, and I haven't posted much because I never was that interested in these forums to be honest. I've played online games since the late 90's onward, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to servers.

Really though, does it matter that much to you? That I'm willing to wait a bit and see what happens? Let's just assume for the sake of arguement you're completely right, so what then? People migrate to Ship 10 or where-ever in a week? a month? sooner? So that's our problem then and our lost progress \ playtime, it's not your problem at all.

It honestly feels more like you just want to force everyone to move because you don't have the patience to wait and see what happens with the first five servers. I don't really understand why it's such a big deal to some people to move on the first day of beta.

Arika
Jun 21, 2012, 12:57 PM
there is three possibility on this locked.

A. SEGA may do this manually and choose to lock each server to control population equally.

-> In this case, if you can wait until Server 4-5-6 become more crowd, then the next day they will open server 1-2-3 again. (they try to turn it ON/Off to make balance)

B. If they do it automatically
-> In this case, when JP people sleep, the server should auto unlocked and u can get in.

C. If they actually reach the server cap
-> In this case, only hope is to see if they will have function to pay and transfer character later or not.

But I really doubt that it will be C. because me and friends who were playing inside the shop see how population isn't at real peak for them to permanent lock yet.

Miacis
Jun 21, 2012, 12:58 PM
I think a good middle ground would be for everyone to stop trying to convince others. There's no point asking people to wait if they don't care about a character reset, or how the servers might be in a year. There's no point asking people who play on the long run to take a risky choice for a server.

Just go wherever you feel like going, follow your friends first and foremost, and enjoy the game, instead of arguing on who's got the best ship...

Malevolent215
Jun 21, 2012, 12:59 PM
Registration dates to these forums is a silly basis to go off of. I just never chose to register until 2007, and I haven't posted much because I never was that interested in these forums to be honest. I've played online games since the late 90's onward, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to servers.

Really though, does it matter that much to you? That I'm willing to wait a bit and see what happens? Let's just assume for the sake of arguement you're completely right, so what then? People migrate to Ship 10 or where-ever in a week? a month? sooner? So that's our problem then and our lost progress \ playtime, it's not your problem at all.

It honestly feels more like you just want to force everyone to move because you don't have the patience to wait and see what happens with the first five servers. I don't really understand why it's such a big deal to some people to move on the first day of beta.

<---- My third account hence the join date, Playing PSO, PSU, and PSP since the First week of Feb. 2001. I love PSO and as I said before I play PSO games for Years not weeks. That is why i am sticking with Ship 2.

Arika
Jun 21, 2012, 12:59 PM
If people fear ship closing down and what not, any decent company running an MMO will just do character moves.

Well,
1.People not consider SEGA as a real decent company in management term though.
2.No, people weren't feared that they would get closing down. It is more likely that the server will alive there with low population for years with no choice to move and no market to price. all of previous PS-online title are examples to show that SEGA prefer to let server stay in low population rather than try to merge them.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 01:00 PM
there is three possibility on this locked.

A. SEGA may do this manually and choose to lock each server to control population equally.

-> In this case, if you can wait until Server 4-5-6 become more crowd, then the next day they will open server 1-2-3 again. (they try to turn it ON/Off to make balance)

B. If they do it automatically
-> In this case, when JP people sleep, the server should auto unlocked and u can get in.

C. If they actually reach the server cap
-> In this case, only hope is to see if they will have function to pay and transfer character later or not.

But I really doubt that it will be C. because me and friends who were playing inside the shop see how population isn't at real peak for them to permanent lock yet.
D. Ships 1 to 5 are having issues and they chose to lock the character creation until they fix the issues.

This could be a possibility, since, if I understood it properly, around 3~4 hours ago they said in twitter that ships 1 to 5 were having lag issues and they were going to investigate those issues.

velocity7
Jun 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
every MMO players know though that the last ship always be the most dangerous one to die out first.

For people who "only plan to play in JP server temporary and then change into English server later on" then it probably a good choice to just play around in ship-10.

But for people who "play to stay in JP server as long term" I think it will be a big mistake to stay in ship-10. (1. when english server release a lot of ppl will move out and leave only few remain, 2. it is always worst economy. 3. it will be the first ghost town)

Note: At ship-2, we got 3-4 lobby full with English speaker only on the first hour at launch (estimate 400 english speakers here) so you will not find any more english players than this ship. and no, I don't think it is possible to ask this much people to move.

I also agree with this sentiment. Also, once SEGA does iron out issues with server population, it's more than likely they'll increase the block count/capacity/etc... by which point you'd have to wonder whether it was worth it to go to ship 10 just to be able to play PSO2 right at this moment? Especially since it's "open beta"?

At that point you'd have two choices; remake, or pay AC to transfer (if they offer the option). Obviously, both aren't very good choices (the latter is better, but still not great).

TerminalMontage
Jun 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
Ship 2, bad idea? Or WORST idea? Really? Whoever thought about picking that is a real idiot. I knew this would happen, foreigners should always pick a less populated more obscure server in these games, some odd number in the 30's would've been ideal.

Krisan
Jun 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
I think a good middle ground would be for everyone to stop trying to convince others. There's no point asking people to wait if they don't care about a character reset, or how the servers might be in a year. There's no point asking people who play on the long run to take a risky choice for a server.

Just go wherever you feel like going, follow your friends first and foremost, and enjoy the game, instead of arguing on who's got the best ship...

I honestly am not trying to convince anyone to wait. I don't care if someone waits patiently, or goes to Ship 10. I'm just a bit irate at everyone that IS trying to force Ship 10 or Ship 2 down everyone else's throat.

<---- My third account hence the join date, Playing PSO, PSU, and PSP since the First week of Feb. 2001. I love PSO and as I said before I play PSO games for Years not weeks. That is why i am sticking with Ship 2.

This isn't my first account here either I don't think. Pretty sure I had one in 2002 or earlier, but it was purged due to inactivity or something. (Maybe I just forgot the login I used.)

Miacis
Jun 21, 2012, 01:06 PM
Ship 2, bad idea? Or WORST idea? Really? Whoever thought about picking that is a real idiot. I knew this would happen, foreigners should always pick a less populated more obscure server in these games, some odd number in the 30's would've been ideal.
What... There are only 10 ships.
Back during the Closed Beta, only the first 3 were open.
During the Pre-Open Beta, only the first 5 were.

Most of the community was going there before, and prefered to stay there for the Open Beta. Really can't blame them for that.
You can't change the past, anyways. ^^;

I honestly am not trying to convince anyone to wait. I don't care if someone waits patiently, or goes to Ship 10. I'm just a bit irate at everyone that IS trying to force Ship 10 or Ship 2 down everyone else's throat.
Well, other people are. I wasn't really targetting anyone though. Just general two patterns I was noticing.

Krisan
Jun 21, 2012, 01:07 PM

Why? I personally like the JP community and want to play with them. My Japanese is horrible and I know little more than a couple of words at best, but they're still cool people. Besides, there weren't that many ships early on, so something like Ship 10 wasn't an option originally. (In fact we originally only had the 3-5 servers in Beta to begin with as I recall, so this is a moot arguement.)

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 01:09 PM

I really would like to know where you came up with this. I made mention of my registration date only as an example that even with my years of playing these games, I have no idea whats going to happen and make no claim towards that.

In terms of Ship, I'm not out to force anyone to jump to any ship. Why would you even come up with that? The community seems to be split up (or was, I see people organizing themselves). I was just trying to find a viable alternative.

If you'd actually read my posts and criticism you wouldn't have come up with such non-sense

Malevolent215
Jun 21, 2012, 01:14 PM
I really would like to know where you came up with this. I made mention of my registration date only as an example that even with my years of playing these games, I have no idea whats going to happen and make no claim towards that.

In terms of Ship, I'm not out to force anyone to jump to any ship. Why would you even come up with that? The community seems to be split up (or was, I see people organizing themselves). I was just trying to find a viable alternative.

If you'd actually read my posts and criticism you wouldn't have come up with such non-sense

I came up with a similar "nonsense" after this post of yours.... "why is anyone stuck on ship 02, swallow your pride and move to ship 10".

No offense Latin, but you have made multiple posts calling us cocky and stubborn basically.

Krisan
Jun 21, 2012, 01:15 PM

I've read all your posts today. It's not nonsense really, you seem to be very aggressive on this subject. I don't really understand why either. Many of us have plainly said "we're patient, let's see what happens" and you have meanwhile treated a lot of people as being cocky, elitist, stubborn, or ignorant. If people are misinterpreting your true meaning here, it's your own fault I'm afraid. You're not exactly being kind to anyone on this subject.

Raging Ghost
Jun 21, 2012, 01:23 PM
Who's on Ship 10, Block 20?

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 21, 2012, 01:24 PM
By the way.

I do humbly apologize for my earlier comments, though I'm sure no one took any sort of offense, I just made myself look dumb I guess. Like I said I was just trying to find some amusement while I sat around. That's all.

I have been through many an MMO and know stuff like this is common on the first day.

Krisan
Jun 21, 2012, 01:27 PM
By the way.

I do humbly apologize for my earlier comments, though I'm sure no one took any sort of offense, I just made myself look dumb I guess. Like I said I was just trying to find some amusement while I sat around. That's all.

I have been through many an MMO and know stuff like this is common on the first day.

No offense at all taken. To be honest I wouldn't be posting now myself if I had anything better to do. lol

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 21, 2012, 01:29 PM
No offense at all taken. To be honest I wouldn't be posting now myself if I had anything better to do. lol

Yeah. I got on earlier and brute-forced my way into Ship 2, once that was done I kinda logged off to wait for the lag to settle down so I'm not in a hurry to get back on at the moment.

Malevolent215
Jun 21, 2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah. I got on earlier and brute-forced my way into Ship 2, once that was done I kinda logged off to wait for the lag to settle down so I'm not in a hurry to get back on at the moment.

None taken keiko, and my posts earlier ment no disrespect towards you or your past experience. I was just using it as a reference as to why we are so cautious about jumping to ship 10.

CapitalG
Jun 21, 2012, 01:37 PM
Has anyone told SEGA to turn off sitting in chairs yet? It worked in the CBT...

funkyskunk
Jun 21, 2012, 01:58 PM
They said they removed some chairs in OBT to counter-act lag, guess it's not worked too good.

I created a character on ship 10 but only played for 30 mins then felt I really wanted to be on ship 2 as I was in all the previous tests so I deleted my character. I've been sat here since pressing return on the character select screen hoping the max connections will drop and automagically let me in. X-Padder + autofire time I think but I'll try not to retry too many times to crash the server...

DemonMike
Jun 21, 2012, 02:33 PM
It's not so laggy if you play the game standing up. Let us begin the Operation Yashima of chairs.

ManaAria
Jun 21, 2012, 02:53 PM
I know that this is only supposed to be 'temporary', but this is something that should be kept in mind for the future. If these kind of things keep happening, how do we expect to be able to grow our English community? We should be thinking about doing something now, rather than later, while everyone is still a fairly low level. Sure, people can go on about how "I'm being too rash and jumping the gun"; but how do you expect for people to react if this is still happening after a while? When people on Ship 2 are level 30+, do you really expect them to just delete their characters and switch to another server? The longer we wait to make something happen, the less of a chance we will have to. You don't solve a problem by waiting for it to get worse, you take action when action is needed. Some would argue that action doesn't need to be taken yet, as we don't know the full situation. But do people really want to be stuck on a server caught in limbo like this? I for one wonder if its really that people think that it will get better, or that they are just already too comfortable and don't want to leave their spot.

thereaper
Jun 21, 2012, 02:55 PM
I don't care what ship we are on, I just want people to play with.

cloudzer00
Jun 21, 2012, 02:58 PM
I know that this is only supposed to be 'temporary', but this is something that should be kept in mind for the future. If these kind of things keep happening, how do we expect to be able to grow our English community? We should be thinking about doing something now, rather than later, while everyone is still a fairly low level. Sure, people can go on about how "I'm being too rash and jumping the gun"; but how do you expect for people to react if this is still happening after a while? When people on Ship 2 are level 30+, do you really expect them to just delete their characters and switch to another server? The longer we wait to make something happen, the less of a chance we will have to. You don't solve a problem by waiting for it to get worse, you take action when action is needed. Some would argue that action doesn't need to be taken yet, as we don't know the full situation. But do people really want to be stuck on a server caught in limbo like this? I for one wonder if its really that people think that it will get better, or that they are just already too comfortable and don't want to leave their spot.

It looks like people on ship 2 say : " Wait for the ship to be open again, because i'm already on ship 2"
People who are not on ship 2 : " Go to ship 10, less lags and all english players can join without a problem."

/v/ stays on ship 4 or tries to avoid reddit and goes to ship 9.

Best bet would be that everyone joins ship 10, but people do not want to give up their characters already.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 02:58 PM
Same thing could be said the other way around about those wanting to stay in ship 10. If the problems in Ship 2 end up being solved in a few days, for example, Ship 2 will end up being a more future proof ship for the english community than ship 10.

ManaAria
Jun 21, 2012, 03:00 PM
It looks like people on ship 2 say : " Wait for the ship to be open again, because i'm already on ship 2"
People who are not on ship 2 : " Go to ship 10, less lags and all english players can join without a problem."

/v/ stays on ship 4 or tries to avoid reddit and go to ship 9.

Best bet would be that everyone joins ship 10, but people do not want to give up their characters already.

This is what I feel like is happening, too. I for one already have a character on ship 2, but I wouldn't mind moving to 10 if we could make a group decision about it so we have a decent community over there.

Hayde
Jun 21, 2012, 03:06 PM
This is what I feel like is happening, too. I for one already have a character on ship 2, but I wouldn't mind moving to 10 if we could make a group decision about it so we have a decent community over there.

Basically the same issue here, I made a character on ship 2 when the servers opened last night before going to bed--I think I only got to level 3 or so before logging off. Not a *huge* deal if I had to jump ships, but I'm trying to see how this pans out before I invest too much time in one character.

DreXxiN
Jun 21, 2012, 03:06 PM
I have a character on Ship 10 at the moment, but I know how things are on launch days and wouldn't mind waiting and trying for Ship 2. It's never a good idea to make knee-jerk decisions on launch days. :)

ManaAria
Jun 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
It's never a good idea to make knee-jerk decisions on launch days. :)

This is true. I honestly just hope that ship 2 DOES get a much larger population limit, so we don't have to worry about any of this. I'm just worrying about what would happen if it doesn't.

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 03:11 PM
This is true. I honestly just hope that ship 2 DOES get a much larger population limit, so we don't have to worry about any of this. I'm just worrying about what would happen if it doesn't.

I'm unconvinced that it's even a population issue to begin with, since it hit the first five ships as a whole.

LoneWolf019
Jun 21, 2012, 03:16 PM
how do we go about deleting a character?? i want to move to ship 10 :(

funkyskunk
Jun 21, 2012, 03:35 PM
how do we go about deleting a character?? i want to move to ship 10 :(

choose the 2nd option on the character select screen, then the top option i think it is. A dialog box pops up with a greyed out button, hold ctrl to make the button clickable then delete.

If everyone moved to ship 10 then it would make the whole situation non-existent. An english speaking community, arguing about wanting to be on a ship populated with Japanese people which is also likely to have more lag, is funny really. I never understood the ship 2 choice in all the alpha/beta's to be honest. I'll wait until I can eventually get into it though as most of the people I know are probably there.

BronxSage
Jun 21, 2012, 03:35 PM
i don't know how ship 2 is looking right now but everyone i see on ship 10 is english speaking and i'm not suffering from any lag issues. i know people are worried about ship 10 dying off sometime in the future but, wouldn't the ship just get merged with another ship and problem solved?

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 03:39 PM
lol, we're back to this again?

p0ltergei5t
Jun 21, 2012, 03:39 PM
I'm on ship 10, what is lag? :)

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 03:40 PM
i don't know how ship 2 is looking right now but everyone i see on ship 10 is english speaking and i'm not suffering from any lag issues. i know people are worried about ship 10 dying off sometime in the future but, wouldn't the ship just get merged with another ship and problem solved?
Right now ship 2 has close to no lag, block 20 is pretty much full and 21 is nearly full, it's really a pitty that character creation is locked. :\

Ship 2 is the better option for the english community when the problems are fixed, if everyone in the english community moved to ship 10, in the future that ship is most likely going to end as a "ghost town" with a weak player shop economy.

The Walrus
Jun 21, 2012, 03:44 PM
I'm on ship 10, what is lag? :)

This. This so much. And my internet is terrible.

DreXxiN
Jun 21, 2012, 03:50 PM
Yeah, surprisingly little lag on ship 10.

sunfizz98
Jun 21, 2012, 03:52 PM
Does the economy really make a difference for this game? I thought most people just find their preferred gear in the wild instead of buying it from the stores.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 03:56 PM
Does the economy really make a difference for this game? I thought most people just find their preferred gear in the wild instead of buying it from the stores.
Some people like to buy stuff in the player shops. Also equipment is not the only thing that can be bought in them, players can sell AC costumes in them too, and Ship 2 is more likely to have more of them for cheaper than Ship 10.

Triple_S
Jun 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
Some people like to buy stuff in the player shops. Also equipment is not the only thing that can be bought in them, players can sell AC costumes in them too, and Ship 2 is more likely to have more of them for cheaper than Ship 10.

I buy stuff from player shops because I will burn out entirely on a game if I hunt something for too long.

ManaAria
Jun 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
There isn't any lag on Ship 2 either, right now.. Chances are if one ship is lagging, they all will be for the most part.

Mag-X
Jun 21, 2012, 03:58 PM
I never understood the ship 2 choice in all the alpha/beta's to be honest. I'll wait until I can eventually get into it though as most of the people I know are probably there.
Some of us want to play with Japanese people too.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 04:00 PM
Chances are if one ship is lagging, they all will be for the most part.
Usually it seems to work like that, but earlier today it seems like only ships 1 to 5 were having major lag.

vytong
Jun 21, 2012, 04:06 PM
I made a character on Ship 10, also, how do you go to your player home. I also didn't get my Bouquet Rifle, maybe it's in the mail (if there is a mail system). How do you check your mail if there is a mail system?

cloudzer00
Jun 21, 2012, 04:08 PM
Made a character on ship 10 and it already looks like it is a ghost town.
Around 50 english players in block 20, 10~ in block 1.

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 04:21 PM
I really wish I could get onto Ship 2. It certainly isn't letting me on at all.

TerminalMontage
Jun 21, 2012, 04:38 PM
man, I made a char on ship 2, and so did all my other friends, but one. I hope the unlock it soon.