PDA

View Full Version : On what ship are you?

TecherRamen
Jun 21, 2012, 06:53 AM
This is to track the distribution of our population. Where is everybody playing. I woke up to play 1.5 hours after the launch and our officially decided upon server was full. So where are you? Ill be making a char and moving it later when this clears up.

goldwing
Jun 21, 2012, 06:56 AM
for some reason im going to go to ship 8. y? just cause. if i need help iv got the fourms tho i would really love it if i could b with a group

TecherRamen
Jun 21, 2012, 07:12 AM
for now I am on 10 as a FOnewm. I will probably delete/recreate when all of this gets settled

kdrakari
Jun 21, 2012, 07:22 AM
I was so lucky that I woke up at 4 AM and decided to play instead of going back to sleep... Wasn't planned at all, but if that hadn't happened I would be locked out of ship 2 right now.

Coatl
Jun 21, 2012, 07:35 AM
Unfortunately stuck on Ship 2, which I chose so I could play with a friend from time to time. Now hes going to be locked out and Im stuck solo on a clusterfuck ship...

My exact same problem as well.
I couldn't have ever anticipated a nightmare in our christmas like this.

Peejay
Jun 21, 2012, 07:45 AM
People did anticipate it, and I refuse to register until I can get on ship 2, because nobody is making a really clear decision on where the hell we're all actually going.

xshinoda
Jun 21, 2012, 07:58 AM
I just made my charather in ship 2,so try it again guys.

Boodendorf
Jun 21, 2012, 07:58 AM
I'll be on ship 10 for now and move on to ship 2 when the mess is cleared.

crazygamer64
Jun 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
Ship 10 since i saw that one Topic talking about ship 10 being the english ship.

Mantiskilla
Jun 21, 2012, 09:34 AM
Was on ship 5 (just to try out something), but now made a char on ship 10.

Gardios
Jun 21, 2012, 09:36 AM
Ship 2. Blocks aren't as full as they were during POB, lol.

sunfizz98
Jun 21, 2012, 10:09 AM
I'm on ship 10, since sega wants me to spend AC if I want to delete my character....

Macman
Jun 21, 2012, 10:11 AM
Chillin' on 2 with my friends. It pays to be first in line.

Laguna
Jun 21, 2012, 10:13 AM
I'm tellin' you guys. SHIP 7 IS THE LUCKY NUMBER!

Garteal
Jun 21, 2012, 10:17 AM
It's sad to see the community spread this early.
But on the bright side, every ship has atleast one English speaking person now. :)
*except 3, any volunteers?

Nobo
Jun 21, 2012, 10:19 AM
It's sad to see the community spread this early.
But on the bright side, every ship has atleast one English speaking person now. :)
*except 3, any volunteers?

Lol not ship 3

Revlis-Desilver
Jun 21, 2012, 10:22 AM
Or ship one lol

Infiniteque
Jun 21, 2012, 10:54 AM
Well... I went with Ship 2, but all this talk of Ship 10 is making me wonder if the community is going to be split. Be patient folks, let's decide together..?

Misare
Jun 21, 2012, 11:27 AM
Ship 2 here. Woke up, made character, went back to bed.

Rizen
Jun 21, 2012, 11:30 AM
The problem is, everyone is rushing to play the game. The game has been opened for a few hours and of course everyone around the world is rushing to play it at the same time. It is still too early to say if we need to move ship or not. It sucks for those who didn't get in during the initial rush, but I'm sure by tonight people will be able to get in just fine.

Remember, hindsight is 20/20, but isn't always correct.

Misare
Jun 21, 2012, 11:32 AM
It's not like it'll take long to catch up once ship 2 is happy again either.

Then again, I'm odd. I generally pick the higher population servers on any MMO launch because of the long term odds.

Fujiko
Jun 21, 2012, 11:42 AM
This is standard song and dance for any MMO.

Things will eventually settle down, the main issue later on is "will the ship I am on become a ghost town?"

Seen it happen way to many times in MMORPGs, server gets full with a que/lock, some choose less crowded ones, fast forward a few weeks, server is a ghost town. Those players end up complaining the game is "dying".

I do realize everyone wants to play, but things will settle down, it is still the first day of open beta.

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 11:52 AM
why is anyone stuck on ship 02, swallow your pride and move to ship 10

Macman
Jun 21, 2012, 11:57 AM
I'm not moving just to entertain your eventual barren wasteland of a ship.

EXPFULL
Jun 21, 2012, 11:59 AM
Wow - 70.53% for SHIP 2 at time of posting this... that makes me feel so much better about us staying here.

EDIT: - that's 67 players too from PSO-WORLD... more than enough to party with :D

Chik'Tikka
Jun 21, 2012, 12:02 PM
i was a half hour late signing in (230 code again) and i got on server 2 just fine+^_^+ why did people wait so long to register their accounts? the Japs took your spots +^_^+

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 12:03 PM
Because nothing like this occurred in the pre-OB, so a lot of us decided to get some sleep.

Itsuki
Jun 21, 2012, 12:03 PM
Wow - 70.53% for SHIP 2 at time of posting this... that makes me feel so much better about us staying here.

EDIT: - that's 67 players too from PSO-WORLD... more than enough to party with :D

Keep in mind, that's just for PSO-World. Most other english speaking communities also chose to go to Ship 2. So its probably a lot more like 90% or higher.

redroses
Jun 21, 2012, 12:06 PM
i was a half hour late signing in (230 code again) and i got on server 2 just fine+^_^+ why did people wait so long to register their accounts? the Japs took your spots +^_^+

Maybe because some of us couldn't? It could be that some of us had to go to work or school...

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 12:07 PM
I'm not moving just to entertain your eventual barren wasteland of a ship.

it doesn't have to be Ship 10, it can be Ship 04 or any other ship that isn't locking out a good 3rd of the community here

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 12:09 PM
it doesn't have to be Ship 10, it can be Ship 04 or any other ship that isn't locking out a good 3rd of the community here

Ships 1-5 are ALL locked. It's not a population problem.

Nemhy
Jun 21, 2012, 12:12 PM
I bet the moment Ship 2 opens up again Latinwolf will relocate there and start calling people going to other servers stupid. :P

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 12:21 PM
I bet the moment Ship 2 opens up again Latinwolf will relocate there and start calling people going to other servers stupid. :P

I'd make the wager that some forum members would start making juvenile comments completely irrelevant to what is being discussed...

seriously, learn to voice out your concerns like an adult

Miacis
Jun 21, 2012, 12:46 PM

No need to go and make personnal attacks for mere ship choices...

There's no telling if #10 will be barren at all, because, as people pointed out on other threads, it's the last on the list, and people will always find a way to go there.
Especially people who enjoy staying on less populated servers, ironically.

At least respect the choice of people who went there because they wanted to jump right into the game...

Malevolent215
Jun 21, 2012, 12:46 PM
I'd make the wager that some forum members would start making juvenile comments completely irrelevant to what is being discussed...

seriously, learn to voice out your concerns like an adult

Learn to voice out our concerns of moving to a low population server. I play PSO for years, not weeks.

Rhedrimond
Jun 21, 2012, 01:22 PM
Myself and a number of friends are playing on Ship 10; as long as you have folks to play with, any server will work.

I do remember reading that in the future they were planning on having paid ship transfers. Was this just a rumor, or is there any validity to that?

Neith
Jun 21, 2012, 01:35 PM
Nothing yet because I refuse to play if I'm not on Ship 2.

Moving to another ship is fine, until you hit the stage where you need to trade with other people. For that reason alone I'm waiting on Ship 2. That and all my friends managed to get on it already. :disapprove:

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 01:37 PM
yea in the end, you need to make sure to play with your buddies. I'll be on ship 10 with my small band of friends looks like. waiting on the last one of the group to commit. as long as you got some peeps with you; you'll be fine.

GL on getting into ship 02

MrShoestore
Jun 21, 2012, 05:09 PM
I hopped into 10, and played through the tutorial... got stuff to do but hopefully will be on later... hopefully will find some english speakers when i get back on :)

The_Brimada
Jun 21, 2012, 05:21 PM
I tried to remake my char again, because I decided not to go with her this time around(F cast). However, I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the ship was locked before doing so. Doesn't matter anyway since any work I would've done would get deleted later on anyway. Now I'm just stuck not playing for a while until I can make on ship 2 again. No point in going to another ship for now since my wife and other friends are already on 2.

Bael
Jun 21, 2012, 05:44 PM
I couldn't stay up till 3am, because I'm old. Everyone else got into 2. So I'll be playing in 10 by myself for a few days....cuz they are all foaming at the mouth to level.

Gryffin
Jun 21, 2012, 05:51 PM
Bluh, so blown that I ended up getting in late. Ship 10 it is!!

;(

Junkboy
Jun 21, 2012, 09:31 PM
I tried to remake my char again, because I decided not to go with her this time around(F cast). However, I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the ship was locked before doing so. Doesn't matter anyway since any work I would've done would get deleted later on anyway. Now I'm just stuck not playing for a while until I can make on ship 2 again. No point in going to another ship for now since my wife and other friends are already on 2.

Ditto, deleted my ship 10 HUcast and didn't realize it was locked so now I'm SOL until they either open 2 or 10 :/

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'm on 10. Didn't do the all-nighter and I had to go to work today. Ship 2 was never open the entire time I was available to try, so I was forced on 10. So I would be there until things open up again. Seems I will have to wait until others report the repenting since if I delete the character now, I'll lose my access to the ship.

imarafan
Jun 21, 2012, 10:13 PM
I managed to get in 2 without much troubles (3 hours after the test started).

When I came back from my obligations I managed to log in just fine, so I'm playing there.

SolaceIX
Jun 21, 2012, 10:39 PM
I'm happy on Ship 10. There are a lot of english speaking players there. The main lobby in front of the gate is usually packed on block 1/20/40. Besides, ship 2 can't be the ONLY holy grounds for us.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 21, 2012, 10:45 PM
So, I started on Ship 2. Was fine to play there, liked it just fine.
Heard an RL friend was only to able to get on in Ship 10, so I jumped to 10. Great times there too so far.
I like Ship 10, a nice mix of people from not only here but 4chan and Reddit.
Then, my girlfriend couldn't get on 10 so I went to 9... Shit it sucks here. Very few English people, and the Japanese haven't been so friendly yet.

Lemme back, Sega, Lemme back.

Where is everyone stranded at? How are the other ships?

Only plus side to it is it gave me a chance to play as my alts from ship to ship. Saving Caelis for Ship 2, and Endrea for Ship 10.

kdrakari
Jun 21, 2012, 11:23 PM
Made a backup character on ship 9 because I kept getting disconnects on ship 2.

SageMaster
Jun 21, 2012, 11:27 PM
Made a char on ship 9. Played for a while. It sucked there.

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 11:30 PM
Made a char on ship 9. Played for a while. It sucked there.

Nah. I had a huge dance party and it was awesome.

SageMaster
Jun 21, 2012, 11:31 PM
I actually logged off when I saw that. That was you? xD

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 11:33 PM
I actually logged off when I saw that. That was you? xD

If it was near the one counter on block 20, yes.

thekkeffect
Jun 21, 2012, 11:38 PM
ship 2 is awesome but right now its sucking balls cause it keeps booting me!.

SageMaster
Jun 21, 2012, 11:40 PM
ship 2 is awesome but right now its sucking balls cause it keeps booting me!.
That sounds quite disgusting my good sir.

If it was near the one counter on block 20, yes.

Awww, I missed the partay.

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 11:41 PM

Awww, I missed the partay.

I'm just dancing in the lobby now. :P

Checkmate
Jun 21, 2012, 11:43 PM
Ship 9.

Was the only one out of 6 ships that would take my humble request. :(

thekkeffect
Jun 21, 2012, 11:46 PM

hahaha disgusting is right. they way the ship 2 is running its pretty ugly. n the sucking balls part too i guess...haha :-P

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 22, 2012, 12:07 AM
So...Any clue as to how Sega will deal with this? Are they waiting on 7 and 9 to fill up too? Will there be any new slots opened?
Why oh why isn't there the ability to cross servers like PSO and PSU? this is stupid.

njdss4
Jun 22, 2012, 12:15 AM
Poll seems to show we're already being split rather badly. smh

kdrakari
Jun 22, 2012, 12:20 AM
I'm pretty sure that by having server-locked characters Sega can avoid needing to store character data client-side. Note that client-side is also known as "really easy to hack".

Mocha
Jun 22, 2012, 12:32 AM
I'm spending my night in Ship 7, on block 7 waiting to find a group of people I can talk with / befriend.

So far all the people with English names are really busy or just japanese players.

Dan Maku
Jun 22, 2012, 12:41 AM
I managed to get in on Ship 2 before the lockdowns started.

Hoping they fix this so me and my friends can play together.

JenTy
Jun 22, 2012, 12:43 AM
I'm spending my night in Ship 7, on block 7 waiting to find a group of people I can talk with / befriend.

So far all the people with English names are really busy or just japanese players.

I'm hanging out on Ship 9. It'd be a lot easier if there was only one ship left so everyone could just meet up there until the rest of the ships are fixed, instead of being split again.

Mocha
Jun 22, 2012, 12:46 AM
I'm hanging out on Ship 9. It'd be a lot easier if there was only one ship left so everyone could just meet up there until the rest of the ships are fixed, instead of being split again.

I'll swing on through soon, something about PSO2 keeps overheating my processor even though I run the game itself fine.

LinkKD
Jun 22, 2012, 12:51 AM
I'm on ship 10, since sega wants me to spend AC if I want to delete my character....

I think noone responded to that?...

you don't need AC to delete your character, you need AC to have a second character slot...you can delete it just fine without AC

just go to the ship where the characters it, click on it, select the second option and then the option on the tab

after the new window shows up, you need to hold ctrl to make the confirm button clickable, and then you click it

behold, your character is deleted and you have one free slot for a new ship again

Also...

I'm locked out of ship 2...but waiting on it to be avaible...I don't want the community to spread ;/...I think everyone should wait to go and play on ship 2

used the day to test out voices and such on the mission 0...still waiting on ship 2 to be avaible to start really playing

JenTy
Jun 22, 2012, 12:53 AM
I think anyone responded to that?...

you don't need AC to delete your character, you need AC to make a second character...you can delete it just fine without AC

just go to the ship where the characters it, click on it, select the second option and then the option on the tab

after the new window shows up, you need to hold ctrl to make the confirm button clickable, and then you click it

behold, your character is deleted

Also...

I'm locked out of ship 2...but waiting on it to be avaible...I don't want the community to spread ;/...I think everyone should wait to go and play on ship 2

used the day to test out voices and such on the mission 0...still waiting on ship 2 to be avaible to start really playing

My character is only temporary. All I do is chill in the lobby.

XionAsuka
Jun 22, 2012, 12:57 AM
Looks like ship 7 got locked down too. 9's all that's left.

JenTy
Jun 22, 2012, 12:58 AM
Looks like ship 7 got locked down too. 9's all that's left.

Now I don't have to be so alone, I hope.
Still needs more dance parties.

XionAsuka
Jun 22, 2012, 01:12 AM
Well, all ships don't seem to be accepting anymore. Hovering over them all, they all look locked now.

Zooman
Jun 22, 2012, 01:34 AM
My IGN: Zooman
Ship: 09
Current Lv.6

oifjustus
Jun 22, 2012, 02:01 AM
Unfortunately stuck on Ship 2, which I chose so I could play with a friend from time to time. Now hes going to be locked out and Im stuck solo on a clusterfuck ship...

Register another account? I've made 3 lol.

VonHalford
Jun 22, 2012, 02:33 AM
Just joined ship 10

spearlouli
Jun 22, 2012, 04:23 AM
hey :)

My IGN: ルウリ
Ship: 07
Current Lv.12

deltasrage
Jun 22, 2012, 04:33 AM
Been a long time lurker and follwer of the forums for all my PSO/PSU/PS;P1-2,2i and now pso2. Im on ship 2 with my bro who is also a long time pso vet. hope to party with you all soon :)

Garteal
Jun 22, 2012, 05:59 AM
Joined and played on Ship 10 yesterday.
To my surprise, it was very packed. :)
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.minus.com/ib1i9lDh1t1L96.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

supersonix9
Jun 22, 2012, 06:00 AM
IGN: サイン
Ship: 2

CrAZYVIC.
Jun 22, 2012, 06:16 AM
I created my character in the ship Two ^_^

Laelless
Jun 22, 2012, 06:20 AM
IGN: Laelless
Class: Forcer Level 10
Ship: 10
Block: 2 usually.

I don't speak a lick of Japanese and no idea what I am doing, so come on by. :D I play with my friend and he is about as knowledgeable as I am.

Hideyasu
Jun 22, 2012, 06:28 AM
IGN: Hideyasu
Class: Hunter

jOhMG
Jun 22, 2012, 07:01 AM
I ended up just going to SHIP 2.

IGN: Nyzrel
Class: FOmar

MoonlightMyau
Jun 22, 2012, 07:09 AM
Well I spent all of yesterday thinking I was on Ship 2, I had clicked Ship 2 and thought that's where I had created my character. To my absolute horror when I signed back in later on, I was on Ship 5! So that's where I am, Ship 5 (again) :-? .

Graven
Jun 22, 2012, 07:38 AM
Managed to enter ship 2 at last

EXPFULL
Jun 22, 2012, 07:48 AM
Looks like this will be features as our Hot Topic two weeks in a row!

Listening back to last week's podcast I even called out SHIP 10 specifically as being the second choice!

Dark Renegade
Jun 22, 2012, 07:59 AM
IGN: Ayona
Class: Hunter
Ship: 6

Vexxsis84
Jun 22, 2012, 08:06 AM
was on ship 10 but a friend of mine couldnt get on 10 so we went to ship 9 , game is amazing , cant wait for english patch

Khabarakh
Jun 22, 2012, 08:37 AM
Didn't make it to 2 OR 10. Both full now. If you happen to be on 9, I'm "Cantide", come find me and give me a hug. Going to try to get back to 2 when possible.

Shinji Kazuya
Jun 22, 2012, 08:44 AM
I made a character on Ship10 yesterday. I moved to Ship2 today at lunch time since character creation has been opened again.

My ID is Shinji Kazuya. My character name is Erina Sakamoto.

Hayame
Jun 22, 2012, 09:46 AM
Ship 2: Hunter ID: Hayame | Char name: Hayame
Ranger ID: HayameR | Char name: Shiro

Ship 10: Hunter ID: Hayame | Char name: Hayame

I haven't decided yet on whitch server I will stay, but probably it will be 2 :P

Rhypht
Jun 22, 2012, 09:49 AM
Ship 2. For some reason I haven't had any of the issues on this ship that many people have been talking about, so I'll be there until I make my second character.

XionAsuka
Jun 22, 2012, 09:57 AM
Moved from 10 to 2, but I noticed things on 2 seem to be running a bit slower than they were on 10.

jaychaulives
Jun 22, 2012, 09:57 AM
ship 2, busy server, more ppl

recursive
Jun 22, 2012, 10:01 AM
Ship 10.

Why the people who came up with the idea to pick Ship 2 as the English community ship is beyond me. Ship 10 is running without any major lag problems, and from what I saw last night had a decent amount of players there.

I'm aware things will die down eventually on the ships, but still, we are a foreign population to this game, we should have picked a ship that isn't so close to the top of the list to respect the Japanese community.

p0ltergei5t
Jun 22, 2012, 10:01 AM
Moved to ship 2 from 10.

XionAsuka
Jun 22, 2012, 10:07 AM
Good idea... Well, when I hop on later, i'll hang there instead. Thanks for the tip.

Nemhy
Jun 22, 2012, 10:11 AM
Ship 10.

Why the people who came up with the idea to pick Ship 2 as the English community ship is beyond me. Ship 10 is running without any major lag problems, and from what I saw last night had a decent amount of players there.

I'm aware things will die down eventually on the ships, but still, we are a foreign population to this game, we should have picked a ship that isn't so close to the top of the list to respect the Japanese community.

Ship 2 is better in the long run imo.(store economy and what not) I also wanted to occasionally play with Jp players :)

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 22, 2012, 10:45 AM
Moved to ship 2 from 10 but ship 2 still has some lag issues

Gama
Jun 22, 2012, 10:57 AM
well let it cool down a bit, the game is still "hot" so everyone is really hooked to it.

it will calm down eventually.

AyaNatsume
Jun 24, 2012, 07:05 AM
i have mine on 10 and 2, ship 10 for the moment is better when the jp are up due to the lag on ship 2 at this time, however when they go to bed ship 2 is better.

im in 0 GMT so i find the ship 10 is better in the morning and in the evening then ship 2 is better.

i know this is probily temperary problem untill they tweek the bigger pop servers and some players stop playing ect.

KanekoSaya
Jun 24, 2012, 09:49 AM
ship 2 lags for me pretty badly lol

Rizen
Jun 24, 2012, 10:23 AM
Ship 10.

One reason why Ship 2 was chosen and not 10 is because 10 did not exist in any of the betas until this point.