PDA

View Full Version : Guide How to get onto Block 02: keep trying

NotSpike
Jun 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
Just a quick one, I've seen someone else recommend this in a reply but giving it its own thread so people see it.

Just keep trying, spam the character creation until you get through, I just did with about 5 mins of spamming the B button on my gamepad and then heard the video start... now I'm on ship 2...

Hope this helps, I tried ship 10 earlier but didn't see any English people so I bailed...

cheers

edit: I also just fucked up royally by hitting A and then B (cancelled char creation) so I get to test this hypothesis a second time...

AlMcFly
Jun 21, 2012, 08:06 AM
Lol, nice thread title.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 21, 2012, 08:27 AM
this isn't working..... anyone else get in?

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 21, 2012, 08:31 AM
Yeah i got in block 20 and 21 are a bit less full then i remember in pre op

VANNO
Jun 21, 2012, 08:34 AM
It works, just forced my friend to do it and he got in. :) So yeah, SPAM and keep trying! TY for topic, makes it easier to see.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 21, 2012, 08:38 AM
I'm in ^^

Keep trying!!

PSO Addict
Jun 21, 2012, 08:43 AM
I made it to the character create screen and then my stupid internet kicked me off so I'm in line again.

NotSpike
Jun 21, 2012, 08:47 AM
I made it to the character create screen and then my stupid internet kicked me off so I'm in line again.

At least you had no choice in the matter... I actually hit cancel and then OK'd it because I got confused with the pad... Own goal....

edit: okay I got in again... see you all in there after the time it takes to make a char

PSO Addict
Jun 21, 2012, 09:00 AM
It worked. I am in again... Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see you all!

goldwing
Jun 21, 2012, 09:48 AM
yea this did work.

DoubleCannon
Jun 21, 2012, 10:09 AM
how long did u spam for??

CyberNei
Jun 21, 2012, 11:12 AM
No luck for over halfhour >.>

CapitalG
Jun 21, 2012, 11:12 AM
I just tried myself, and even though all the servers are showing green, I still get the same message. So this seems to be contingent on either the number of people currently playing or the number of characters on that server. I tend to favor the later since there are probably some people relocating already in order to play with their respective groups, which would explain why a spot would open up. But can we really rely on that? Unless SEGA says they are definately going to add to the current servers in order to hold more players, this "keep trying" attitude may not suffice. People from the community are still going to get stranded.

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 11:14 AM
That's what worried me. Before I left for work, Servers 1-3 were all green, it still wouldn't allow me to create the character.

Chunky McMunky
Jun 21, 2012, 11:16 AM
Is this still working? Ive been spamming b for ages now

ShadowsCrush
Jun 21, 2012, 11:33 AM
Because nothing helps the quality of the game like flooding their servers with requests =_=
And people wonder why they're getting lag

DoubleCannon
Jun 21, 2012, 01:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxiqppCWr2U

this is me.. true story lol

PSO Addict
Jun 21, 2012, 01:48 PM
That seems unhealthy.

DoubleCannon
Jun 21, 2012, 01:50 PM
That seems unhealthy.

closing me off from getting to ship 2 was unhealthy :( lol

NotSpike
Jun 22, 2012, 08:59 AM
first time took me 5mins, second time took me 45mins...

Khabarakh
Jun 22, 2012, 09:08 AM
didn't work for me ;-; won't even let me get that far

amtalx
Jun 22, 2012, 09:11 AM
Umm...DON'T do this. Speaking as someone that manages servers, a large volume of connections is the reason they get blocked. The "push, it goes faster" mentality is likely what lead to the first character creation snafu. Give their database servers time to breath by NOT spamming. You're only making the problem worse.

njdss4
Jun 22, 2012, 09:16 AM
Umm...DON'T do this. Speaking as someone that manages servers, a large volume of connections is the reason they get blocked. The "push, it goes faster" mentality is likely what lead to the first character creation snafu. Give their database servers time to breath by NOT spamming. You're only making the problem worse.

I'd rather have people spamming to get into Ship 2 than to continue splitting the community by going to another Ship. That hurts the community in the long run.

iBOCK
Jun 22, 2012, 09:18 AM
I got in! I'm so happy! :)

Khabarakh
Jun 22, 2012, 09:20 AM

Well I can't try again until tonight anyways. I should just quit my job.

Nemhy
Jun 22, 2012, 09:36 AM
Is ship 2 still open?

isamonokage
Jun 22, 2012, 10:12 AM
i Finally got in :-)