PDA

View Full Version : Moving to ship 10. block 40

Swatshot00
Jun 21, 2012, 10:33 AM
Ship 2 is suffering from a heavy lag spike and I am now crashing. It's also too populated with JP players. Move to ship 10 while it's still early.

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 10:34 AM
I think I'll wait until this evening. It's the only real time I have to play, anyway. If things do work out and we become the *night shift*, then the move wont be necessary yet with so many players wanting to stick to ship 2.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 10:35 AM
Something may be causing the lag other than population in ships 1 to 5, as mentioned in SEGA's PSO2 twitter.

Thermalwolf
Jun 21, 2012, 10:38 AM
To be quite honest who decided Ship 2? It's the second from first and obviously now that it's open beta japan is going to flood 2/3's of the damn connections probably. Which is as it should be but we should have thought ahead that we need to chose a place way more isolated :P

ShadowsCrush
Jun 21, 2012, 10:45 AM
I'll probably make a char on both, chances are I'll have to wait around for friends to make sure we stay the same general level range, so having an alt to play on at my own pace won't hurt me any

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 10:45 AM
To be quite honest who decided Ship 2? It's the second from first and obviously now that it's open beta japan is going to flood 2/3's of the damn connections probably. Which is as it should be but we should have thought ahead that we need to chose a place way more isolated :P
It was a group decision, and in the long term a smart one. Sure, there are problems now, and possibly there might be problems when the game launches too, but once things quiet down and the problems are solved, this will be the best choice for english players.

This woulnd't be a problem if it was possible to use the same character in different ships. :<

I'll probably make a char on both, chances are I'll have to wait around for friends to make sure we stay the same general level range, so having an alt to play on at my own pace won't hurt me any
You can only have 1 character, to have more than 1 character you need to buy character slots, and characters slots can't be bought yet during the open beta.

Halcyote
Jun 21, 2012, 10:48 AM
besides block 40 may end up being a premium block once AC is officially introduced.

and ship 10? there's a good possiblity if servers get changed up that ship 10 will be on the axe. which is probably a good thing if most of the people on that ship are planning to abandon if a localized version is announced.

if.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 21, 2012, 10:48 AM
Ship 2 is future proof, especially if PSO2 lasts as long as other games like FFXI, which lasted a decade... I mean, is STILL lasting a decade later. If you want to roll on 10, by all means do so. Get used to the controls and etc, but I strongly encourage you to re-roll on ship 2 with most of the other english speaking players when you can.

Especially when they start churning out stuff like Bruce's Dungeon where if you need to speak to someone about something, you can. 1) because there WILL be people on ship 2 for years and years to come and 2) they will likely speak english.

Go for 10 now if you just can't wait, but go back to 2 when the lock is released.

Also keep in mind this is a free OBT. I do believe the retail version will have a price tag to purchase. That by itself will see this congestion come to a small halt. Then we have the people who live and breath OBTs and free games. Some of these people you will NEVER see again once the game goes live.

Halcyote
Jun 21, 2012, 10:50 AM
there's no price tag

the game is freemium

all this misinformation~

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 10:50 AM
F2P is the model. When the full game comes out, that first character will still be free. But otherwise, I think that's the way it may play out.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 21, 2012, 10:51 AM
there's no price tag

the game is freemium

all this misinformation~

Oh? No initial purchase price? I know it's free to play, with a cash shop... didn't know the initial price was non-existent.

Para
Jun 21, 2012, 10:51 AM
Also keep in mind this is a free OBT. I do believe the retail version will have a price tag to purchase. That by itself will see this congestion come to a small halt. Then we have the people who live and breath OBTs and free games. Some of these people you will NEVER see again once the game goes live.
Fail. The retail version will be free to play and free to download. It makes no sense to charge at that point, especially when most people who are interested in the game, already have the client and SEGA using the micro transaction business model.

If we are to move, I rather we choose a ship that isn't totally off the radar like ship 4,5,6 so that if the Japanese maintains the high population, we will catch some of the spillover but not enough to overcrowd the ship.

ShadowsCrush
Jun 21, 2012, 10:52 AM
It was a group decision, and in the long term a smart one. Sure, there are problems now, and possibly there might be problems when the game launches too, but once things quiet down and the problems are solved, this will be the best choice for english players.

This woulnd't be a problem if it was possible to use the same character in different ships. :<

You can only have 1 character, to have more than 1 character you need to buy character slots, and characters slots can't be bought yet during the open beta.

It's one char total across all ships?
I thought since each ship was separate you could have one char on each?
But needed to buy extra to have more than one per ship.

Randomness
Now if only I could get some luck with char creation on 2.

Garnet_Moon
It's one char total across all ships?
I thought since each ship was separate you could have one char on each?

1 free character per account. Everything else costs money.

ShadowsCrush
Jun 21, 2012, 10:53 AM
1 free character per account. Everything else costs money.

Epic bummer ;_;