PDA

View Full Version : so Is ship 2 permanently closed now?

Coatl
Jun 21, 2012, 11:04 AM
Wanted to know.

CyberNei
Jun 21, 2012, 11:08 AM
Character creation has been stopped due to server overload. I believe it will work again when things settle down.
Haven't been able to get on there myself too :<

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 11:14 AM
As I said in another topics, ship 2 blocks are now less filled than they were during the pre-OBT, so there might be another problem other than overpopulation. SEGA mentioned something about that in their PSO2 twitter, about the lag problems in ships 1 to 5 and that they're investigating the issues.

Zyrusticae
Jun 21, 2012, 11:20 AM
That's strange, I just recently created a character on Ship 02...

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 12:00 PM
don't bother asking, it's locked and all those who are on ship 02 but refuse to move to another one, Ship 04 or w/e are just spamming the same responses.

"it will die down! its first day!" not sure how this will work, specially when you consider it's Beta, so the population problem can only get worst.

"the economy!" because the folks here can clearly forecast whats going to happen to this game's economy....

both responses are coming from those already in Ship 02 who refuse to relocate, despite the fact that it's the first day and they haven't made much progress.

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
don't bother asking, it's locked and all those who are on ship 02 but refuse to move to another one, Ship 04 or w/e are just spamming the same responses.

"it will die down! its first day!" not sure how this will work, specially when you consider it's Beta, so the population problem can only get worst.

"the economy!" because the folks here can clearly forecast whats going to happen to this game's economy....

both responses are coming from those already in Ship 02 who refuse to relocate, despite the fact that it's the first day and they haven't made much progress.

And you're demanding everyone relocate without evidence to support your argument.

Hell, Ships 3-5 are locked too - this isn't a population problem.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 21, 2012, 12:04 PM

Please don't refer to those of us on Ship 2 like we're all elitists.

Krisan
Jun 21, 2012, 12:04 PM
I'm not on Ship 2 (yet) but I honestly agree with the economy arguement. It's a valid concern, and jumping to the last Ship (least populated) doesn't feel like an ideal solution at all to me. Besides, I actually want to play with the JP community, as I'm sure many of us do.

Yurai
Jun 21, 2012, 12:10 PM
How likely is it that they'll let in more people today? I'm sure the time in Japan right now is well outside of normal business hours. I actually got in earlier, but then I made the mistake of deleting my character since I got a color wrong (not realising that having made a character on a ship before didn't guarantee you a spot on that ship) :/ Been trying to get in again ever since.

But yeah, unless the creation block is automated somehow, we probably won't be able to get in for a while until the guys at SEGA wake up again ^^

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 12:11 PM
How likely is it that they'll let in more people today? I'm sure the time in Japan right now is well outside of normal business hours. I actually got in earlier, but then I made the mistake of deleting my character since I got a color wrong (not realising that having made a character on a ship before didn't guarantee you a spot on that ship) :/ Been trying to get in again ever since.

But yeah, unless the creation block is automated somehow, we probably won't be able to get in for a while until the guys at SEGA wake up again ^^

Well, it's 2 AM over there right now, so that's not all that long. Assuming they don't have people pulling an all-nighter to fix whatever's gone wrong with 1-5.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 12:14 PM
At this point it's likely they won't let more people in until they fix whatever issues ships 1 to 5 have.

Misare
Jun 21, 2012, 12:15 PM
I'd personally say it has more to do with the impracticality of getting the word out to the entire english community to change ships.

Yurai
Jun 21, 2012, 12:16 PM
Well, that could be a potential bummer :/

Gardios
Jun 21, 2012, 12:19 PM
At this point it's likely they won't let more people in until they fix whatever issues ships 1 to 5 have.
Considering how I was able to make a character when ship 1 to 5 were already full as announced on their Twitter, it seems to be an automated procedure - chances are that you'll be able to get in sooner or later without SEGA actively doing anything.

Hyzengo
Jun 21, 2012, 12:23 PM
I Still haven't chosen a ship, hopefully no.2 opens up :)

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 12:24 PM
Considering how I was able to make a character when ship 1 to 5 were already full as announced on their Twitter, it seems to be an automated procedure - chances are that you'll be able to get in sooner or later without SEGA actively doing anything.
Well, the population is considerably lower now than it was earlier today, and they mentioned something about lag issues in ships 1 to 5 in the PSO2 twitter account around 3 hours ago or so.