PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 supports Xbox 360 Controller

Redrian
Jun 21, 2012, 11:21 AM
Hey, I'm no where near new to the site (been checking news updates since early PSO days). Figured I would join and contribute now that PSO2 is out.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the game recognizes the Xbox 360 controller immediately. The tutorial was a breeze and the gameplay has been pretty easy despite everything being Japanese. If you were a fan of it in PSU, you could probably pick it up pretty easily.

Akaimizu
Jun 21, 2012, 11:22 AM
Yeah. it's pretty common knowledge that it supports the 360 controller. Normally, it defaults to that config when you pick gamepad.

Just be careful. When you first go in during the Open Beta, it'll also ask to calibrate your analogue. It's pretty easy, but a little confusing if you can't read the Kanji for direction and/or right and left.

Basically, when they first ask you to calibrate, they'll give you 4 screens to calibrate. It goes in this order.

1. Push Left stick all the way UP and press B.
2. Push Left stick all the way LEFT and press B.
3. Push Right stick all the way UP and press B.
4. Push Right stick all the way LEFT and press B.

If done from the Options menu for Gamepad (the first option for Analogue config) , when you return from calibration then press the left button on the bottom to confirm and save your config. Anything else will back out. Alas, use B (as in traditional japanese button position) to confirm any selection.

Redrian
Jun 21, 2012, 11:26 AM
I've just seen a couple people in game struggling with the keyboard commands. Just don't want anyone suffering in silence... :-)

RocketZX
Jun 21, 2012, 12:52 PM
I'm using my ps3 gamepad, using motioninjoy program let's me trick my pc into thinking its a 360 pad