PDA

View Full Version : [Help] Launcher patch failing, please help D:!

kaydie
Jun 21, 2012, 12:19 PM
i downloaded it fresh about 4 days ago, never played cbt, (and i really can't read any Japanese D:) through the guides i've gotten my account and everything set up, but now when i try to launch it, the launcher attempts to patch before loading then gives this error message (which i can't translate D:)

http://i.imgur.com/wte9D.jpg

and after i click okay it just loads up the launcher, and if i click the big (which i assume is the launch button) it attempts to patch again, getting stuck here:

http://i.imgur.com/J5Qnt.jpg

and then after a few (~10) minutes it gives that same error message again :l

It isn't a firewall/port/lan issue, this much im certain.

can somone translate this for me or help me out?

and now this

http://i.imgur.com/5fC3E.jpg

kaydie
Jun 21, 2012, 12:33 PM
; ;...

Itsuki
Jun 21, 2012, 12:38 PM
Thats just the patcher. Its entirely possible that the patcher servers are unstable due to the high influx of people. It would have been beneficial to attempt to patch before the servers went up.

The only thing you really can do is try again, and wait. The patcher tends to not really update visually to tell you its workings. Its kinda crappy.

kaydie
Jun 21, 2012, 12:45 PM
Thats just the patcher. Its entirely possible that the patcher servers are unstable due to the high influx of people. It would have been beneficial to attempt to patch before the servers went up.

The only thing you really can do is try again, and wait. The patcher tends to not really update visually to tell you its workings. Its kinda crappy.

Thanks, and to be honest i thought everything was up to date because i literally just installed / checked it 4 days ago...

i must have done something wrong : (

I guess ill just wait, Q_Q. this game looks so awesome, i dont even know how i've never been exposed to the PS series in the past.
also random question, i know there was an english patch in the cbt, is there any talk of one being developed for the obt? i have some freinds who are playing this which is why i am getting into it, but i cant read anything in Japanese >.>

Mantra1039
Jun 21, 2012, 01:11 PM
I've been having the same problem as you since i tried patching for the pre-open beta =/ im considering reinstalling it. My game was fully functional for the closed beta...
In addition to what you showed my error is also displayed as a window with Japanese text and WinnHTTP Error:12152
[NO. 103]

Mantra1039
Jun 21, 2012, 01:12 PM
Please let me know if you find a solution!

Alenoir
Jun 21, 2012, 01:16 PM
@OT
That is normal. You are now downloading a ~3GB patch. It may or may not take a while, what with everyone hammering the servers to death and whatnot.

kaydie
Jun 21, 2012, 01:17 PM
it seems to be going well, for now, for me, could be server stability

kaydie
Jun 21, 2012, 01:17 PM
@OT
That is normal. You are now downloading a ~3GB patch. It may or may not take a while, what with everyone hammering the servers to death and whatnot.

Yeah, i dont know why i am downloading it, since my client was up to date as far as i could tell 4 days ago, but the problem is it will give me an error message and i have to RESTART the download.

Alenoir
Jun 21, 2012, 01:20 PM
The first screen was not an error message. It tells you it downloaded the newest patcher and want you to restart it so you can patch.

The client you downloaded 4 days ago did not contained the patch for open beta, hence why the patcher update.

Itsuki
Jun 21, 2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah, i dont know why i am downloading it, since my client was up to date as far as i could tell 4 days ago, but the problem is it will give me an error message and i have to RESTART the download.

That should have been the larger update, but there was another, smaller update after the pre-open beta test, which only went up like 2 or 3 days ago.

kaydie
Jun 21, 2012, 01:29 PM
Really? that is very odd, but informative. thank you alenoir!

Alenoir
Jun 21, 2012, 01:36 PM
No problem. You're not really missing much anyways, with Ur not being opened for character creation at the moment and whatnot. >.>

kaydie
Jun 21, 2012, 02:15 PM
No problem. You're not really missing much anyways, with Ur not being opened for character creation at the moment and whatnot. >.>

Good point, any idea when it will be open?

kaydie
Jun 21, 2012, 02:20 PM
Suddenly...

http://i.imgur.com/5fC3E.jpg

wttttff ; ;

WOOWOOOWOWW WHAT THE FUCK its back to 0% again.. wow.
; ;

ok i guess ill never dl this patch lol

Alenoir
Jun 21, 2012, 03:18 PM
Probably because of the server hammering that always happen when an MMO goes live. =\ By the look of that, patch server's totally unstable.

No idea when will they reopen up character creation. SEGA mentioned they will open it back up when the first 5 servers are not so jam packed, but it can take "a while".

Mantra1039
Jun 22, 2012, 02:16 PM
turns out my wireless network wasn't stable enough... just plugged it into a land-line and got it done on the first try!

Punisher106
Jul 14, 2012, 02:26 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse here, but a friend of mine is having the same problem. They even hooked it up to the modem, and tried again, and it still failed. Anyone know an alternate method to patching the game?

Daiyousei
Jul 14, 2012, 02:31 PM
I've had 100% success using a VPN to basically not getting the connection to the server dropped.