PDA

View Full Version : English patch out yet??

LoneWolf019
Jun 21, 2012, 01:42 PM
So has anyone found a english patch yet?? hope it doesnt take to long >.<!!

LatinWolf
Jun 21, 2012, 01:44 PM
can't seem to chat much about it here,

I'm grateful to say that they're working on it though

Itsuki
Discussion of hacking is not allowed to be discussed on this forum. You might as well delete your own thread now before the admins have to.

DoubleCannon
lol ya no kidding! got screwed out of ship 2, stuck in japans world. i know nothing! I dont even think my character saved when i exited game! :'<

Somnia
Jun 21, 2012, 01:45 PM
Give it time man. It's not like the developers translate the game and hide it on the Internet. It will be "found" when it is actually available.

Spanese
Jun 21, 2012, 01:46 PM
Discussion of hacking is not allowed to be discussed on this forum. You might as well delete your own thread now before the admins have to.

That's not hacking, it's called modifying game files.
Nice try
http://i.imgur.com/u6Hnv.gif

LoneWolf019
Jun 21, 2012, 01:50 PM
I didnt know it wasnt allowed to be talked about my bad >.<

Itsuki
Jun 21, 2012, 01:50 PM
That's not hacking, it's called modifying game files.
Nice try

The files are encrypted, and you are circumventing the encryption in place. That would be considered hacking. Either way, it doesn't matter. Its doing something that is against the TOS, which AFAIK, isn't allowed here anyways.

Spanese
Jun 21, 2012, 01:53 PM
The files are encrypted, and you are circumventing the encryption in place. That would be considered hacking. Either way, it doesn't matter. Its doing something that is against the TOS, which AFAIK, isn't allowed here anyways.

And actually, I'm pretty sure you can talk about it, but just not give links.

BahnKnakyu
Jun 21, 2012, 01:57 PM
I really do not understand PSOW's stance on the English patch while turning around and allowing screenshots and videos of people with said English patch (and most players using it) to be posted in the Screenshots and Videos thread.

We're all acting like it doesn't exist yet it's the Big Secret everyone already knows about.

Anyway, I think the translation's ready, but they're having a hard time getting the translation to "stick", and from what I've seen it looks like it's finding a needle in a haystack.

The patch was previously available through sheer dumb luck. I don't think they're gonna be as lucky now, but it's only a matter of time.

In the meantime, I strongly urge you to learn hiragana and katakana. It can go a long way - it's a lot of syllables and symbols to learn but it will help you tremendously if you're planning on playing this game for any length of time. :)

Ryuujin13
Jun 21, 2012, 01:57 PM
You can talk about the english patch here you just cant post any links to it.

Zorafim
Jun 21, 2012, 02:00 PM
In the meantime, I strongly urge you to learn hiragana and katakana. It can go a long way - it's a lot of syllables and symbols to learn but it will help you tremendously if you're planning on playing this game for any length of time. :)

I've been trying to learn spanish all my life to talk with family members more easily, and that hasn't gone anywhere. I seriously doubt I'd be able to learn japanese in the time it'll take for an english release.

Spanese
Jun 21, 2012, 02:01 PM

http://i.imgur.com/lv3Q1.gif

Ekoi
Jun 21, 2012, 02:01 PM
No, the english patch isn't ready for the open beta yet.

And the taboo of talking about it here is indeed odd. Isn't playing from outside of japan also a ToS violation?

Ryuujin13
Jun 21, 2012, 02:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lv3Q1.gif

you good sir just made me laugh :D

Itsuki
Jun 21, 2012, 02:08 PM

As a moderator of other forums, I think that is a dumb stance. You need to have clear cut rules. If discussion of this is okay, then is discussion of other hacking related things okay? What if you're modifying the client data to view models of items you do not own? Like, where do you draw the line? Is it just the english patch, which is a specific exception to the rules? Even if you make the rules clearly visible, most people won't read them, and they may assume that other things are ok that are not because discussion of the exception is happening.

Well, its not my choice. And I've digressed. So, I apologize for my own misunderstanding of the rules, and will now leave this thread.

Nukei
Jun 21, 2012, 02:09 PM
No, the english patch isn't ready for the open beta yet.

And the taboo of talking about it here is indeed odd. Isn't playing from outside of japan also a ToS violation?

Indeed correct.

Thus the irony!

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 21, 2012, 02:13 PM
however it is the rules of the forum, so as long as no one posts any links, or tells anyone where to get it, we are ok

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 21, 2012, 02:19 PM
As a moderator of other forums, I think that is a dumb stance. You need to have clear cut rules. If discussion of this is okay, then is discussion of other hacking related things okay? What if you're modifying the client data to view models of items you do not own? Like, where do you draw the line? Is it just the english patch, which is a specific exception to the rules? Even if you make the rules clearly visible, most people won't read them, and they may assume that other things are ok that are not because discussion of the exception is happening.

Well, its not my choice. And I've digressed. So, I apologize for my own misunderstanding of the rules, and will now leave this thread.

I believe it's because of what it is. To expect people to learn Japanese out of thin air is honestly ridiculous. To me, and I'd imagine, to the mods as well, it's reasonable to allow talk and screenshots with the English Patch due to its significance in being able to understand the game. Instead of causing an unfair effect for those who use it, it actually makes things more fair since people who don't understand Japanese are at a clear disadvantage.

I'm one of them. >w< I can't read nor understand Japanese and I spend a lot of time figuring out some pretty basic things.
God knows it's going to cause me to make some mistakes. It's simply something necessary for people like me who do not have any understanding in the Japanese language. u . u

Chik'Tikka
Jun 21, 2012, 02:34 PM
Just to be clear,

1.Asking and/or begging for accounts here is prohibited. Account sharing/giving away is not allowed either. However, giving out the included friend account invites to other members is acceptable.

2. Posting links to any form of client modification (e.g., English patch, etc) is also not allowed here.

If there is any question as to why these two things are forbidden, it's because they both fall under the risky game of legality issues. PSO-World does not officially support such actions, as stated in the rules here.

it's hard to get a linkable quote from a locked thread+^_^+ anyway, just saying the rules here say no links, or names, but it doesn't forbid talk+^_^+

red flare graf
Jun 21, 2012, 02:47 PM
Its doing something that is against the TOS, which AFAIK, isn't allowed here anyways.

Can people in the US even violate a JP TOS? Is PSO-World not a US website?

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 21, 2012, 02:55 PM
really wish people would stop trying to dance around this....

It is very simple, PSOW is an unofficial official PSO site, that said the mods do not want anything that would be considered "breaking the ToS or hacking" to be allowed here. Is that so hard to understand? Now I find it silly myself, but I also understand their stance and there for do not mine abiding the rules.

BahnKnakyu
Jun 21, 2012, 03:04 PM

It is very simple, PSOW is an unofficial official PSO site, that said the mods do not want anything that would be considered "breaking the ToS or hacking" to be allowed here. Is that so hard to understand? Now I find it silly myself, but I also understand their stance and there for do not mine abiding the rules.

Playing the Open Beta is a TOS violation upon itself, yet we're ok with it. :-?

Cherry picking what is and isn't acceptable in the TOS reeks of hypocrisy.

red flare graf
Jun 21, 2012, 03:11 PM

I totally respect PSOW's stance and why they wouldn't want to take a chance on hurting their reputation with SEGA. I was just wondering if there was actually anything illegal about this, considering most of us aren't Japanese.

MysticBruin
Jun 21, 2012, 03:12 PM
If we can't give links, fine. As long as I can know when it's available, I'm good. I don't have the time, patience or resources to sit around and learn kanji/hiragana just for this.

LoneWolf019
Jun 21, 2012, 03:15 PM
ya i feel ya lol but by time it comes out in states im sure we will learn ;) lol.

Spanese
Jun 21, 2012, 03:27 PM
ya i feel ya lol but by time it comes out in states im sure we will learn ;) lol.

Learn Japanese in a year without a teacher?!
http://i.imgur.com/StjzO.gif

Chives
Jun 21, 2012, 03:30 PM
I totally respect PSOW's stance and why they wouldn't want to take a chance on hurting their reputation with SEGA. I was just wondering if there was actually anything illegal about this, considering most of us aren't Japanese.

You will get arrested by the power rangers.

red flare graf
Jun 21, 2012, 03:33 PM

That made me LOL, for real!

So I take it I won't get an answer from anyone, though. :-P

Ekoi
Jun 21, 2012, 03:46 PM
For those asking when, "soon".

For those asking why...

(Snipped out unrelated info)

[16:34] <Ekoi> Greetings. I'm not here to ask "when will it be ready." If you don't mind my asking, is there a certain reason why the PSO2 english patch isn't ready? I've heard conflicting things on forums and I figured I'd try to get it from the horse's mouth.
[16:34] <Agrajag> Can't make it load in the game.
[16:37] <Agrajag> Ekoi: Basically, can't build archives that the game will load at the moment. That's the only problem, but it's crippling.
[16:37] <@Mewn> Much of it has been translated I think, although we're still waiting on Tycho to upload what he has done
[16:38] <Bahn> but yeah, the stuff's ready but the game is going "no u" to the files they're trying to force feed to it.

Mitz
Jun 21, 2012, 03:50 PM

I don't know about you but most people don't have enough free time to play this game AND learn a language just so you can play this exact game.

And sure you can argue that learning Japanese, or at least part of it, will always be useful later in life, but Japan is a dying economy and there are better languages for that.

Neo Hunter
Jun 21, 2012, 03:50 PM
Well I have taken Japanese 1 in my freshman year and even though most people don't know japanese (I know half of the stuff I learned I already forgot), hiragana is what they teach you first in class, but personally, katakana might be a good start in my opinion because all the words that use in katakana are just english words that are spelled based off their pronounciation.
Ex: ピンク (pinku) is the japanese word for the color pink.

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 21, 2012, 04:00 PM

but this is Phantasy Star....so would it not be Burning Rangers? ^.^

Itsuki
Jun 21, 2012, 04:03 PM
Ex: ピンク (pinku) is the japanese word for the color pink.
ももいろ (momoiro) is the japanese word for pink.

(also, don't take this seriously)

Chik'Tikka
Jun 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
For those asking when, "soon".

For those asking why...

(Snipped out unrelated info)

[16:34] <Ekoi> Greetings. I'm not here to ask "when will it be ready." If you don't mind my asking, is there a certain reason why the PSO2 english patch isn't ready? I've heard conflicting things on forums and I figured I'd try to get it from the horse's mouth.
[16:34] <Agrajag> Can't make it load in the game.
[16:37] <Agrajag> Ekoi: Basically, can't build archives that the game will load at the moment. That's the only problem, but it's crippling.
[16:37] <@Mewn> Much of it has been translated I think, although we're still waiting on Tycho to upload what he has done
[16:38] <Bahn> but yeah, the stuff's ready but the game is going "no u" to the files they're trying to force feed to it.
10 internet points the game is somehow checking file size+^_^+ i remember the patch files were larger then the JP ones in cbt+^_^+

Jiraiza
Jun 21, 2012, 04:09 PM
I've been studying Japanese for 3 years and I still can't read half the Kanji in this game. Studying Hiragana/katakana will help but it won't help you with actual story elements and the more detailed stuff. Though, dialogue is pretty easy to understand as long it's spoken.

CultOfPersonality
Jun 21, 2012, 04:30 PM
I'm going to start Path of Exile for now and hope that English text thing comes around somewhere.. ya know.. that thing.

Ryoga4523
Jun 21, 2012, 06:17 PM
I too cant wait for the english patch to be updated and working for the obt, and hopefully Sega does not switch things up for the full game release (like they did for the CBT and the pre-OBT and OBT). That would be a huge middle finger from sega of japan.

Cranberry
Jun 21, 2012, 06:22 PM
It's part of being a beta. They are identifying and fixing problems and perfecting the client. Things aren't changing because Sega is "giving us the finger", things might change because they are ironing out bugs and trying to make the game as secure as possible.

I too cant wait for the english patch to be updated and working for the obt, and hopefully Sega does not switch things up for the full game release (like they did for the CBT and the pre-OBT and OBT). That would be a huge middle finger from sega of japan.

CultOfPersonality
Jun 21, 2012, 06:35 PM
I prey it gets an NA release at some point this year. I really really really do.

I need something new to play. And this would definitely, without a doubt, be it.

Erin12306
Jun 21, 2012, 06:41 PM
I prey it gets an NA release at some point this year. I really really really do.

I need something new to play. And this would definitely, without a doubt, be it.

I hope so! Oh, and btw... I LOVE your username :) CM Punk (and WWE) fan myself.

xBladeM6x
Jun 21, 2012, 06:56 PM
I really do not understand PSOW's stance on the English patch while turning around and allowing screenshots and videos of people with said English patch (and most players using it) to be posted in the Screenshots and Videos thread.

We're all acting like it doesn't exist yet it's the Big Secret everyone already knows about.
The reason there's no talks of it on here, is because PSO-W is the official unofficial fan-site of the entire Phantasy Star series. They have tight ties with Mods and GMs from SEGA themselves. They're not some rouge website who doesn't care if SEGA hates them or not. (Like DIADU)

DreXxiN
Jun 21, 2012, 07:06 PM
Blade put it best. With a bit of research it's not an issue anyway. :)

CultOfPersonality
Jun 21, 2012, 07:22 PM
I hope so! Oh, and btw... I LOVE your username :) CM Punk (and WWE) fan myself.

haha ty ty.

I've came here even when PSO came out for the Dreamcast. I remember asking a Best Buy employee between this game and some other online Dreamcast game (i think it was racing I'm not sure)

I made the right choice. Probably ran the dragon the first night for 24-48 hours.. I was like 11. Pretty sad (It may not have been 11, my memory sucks)

I hope they have an NA release, or at least tell us if/when there is. I wonder if Edward from the PSU forums knows.. he said there is exciting things for Phantasy Star coming, and theres.. not really anything coming that I know of.

Besides, if we got an NA release for this, It would get me to buy a Vita.

Ranji
Jun 21, 2012, 07:24 PM
1. Most of us are breaking the rules, and there's no arguing this fact. SoJ says be in Japan to play and alot of us aren't.
2. Patching the game in any way shape or form violates the ToS as well. Do it if you want, but don't whine if it bites you in the butt.
3. Linking to said patches is not allowed here simply for the fact that the people who own/run this forum say it isn't. Saying it's hypocritical does nothing but make you look like a whiner. You want to link to this stuff? Go someplace else that lets you, or better yet, make your own forum.

Ok, everybody? We good? Good.

Now my woman just turned 21, so I'm gonna go get her drunk.

CultOfPersonality
Jun 21, 2012, 07:29 PM
Was anyone arguing that fact? -shrug-

It's Thursday, wait a day >_<

Fujiko
Jun 21, 2012, 07:32 PM
Shame the encryption didn't do anything against the hacks.

Just got out of a multi-party area with 3 people with launchers speed hacking and shooting 30 rockets per second. They pretty much cleaned out the entire zone within a minute :(

Rauten
Jun 21, 2012, 07:39 PM
1. Most of us are breaking the rules, and there's no arguing this fact. SoJ says be in Japan to play and alot of us aren't.

Uh, nope. They changed the TOS and it no longer requires you to be connecting from within Japan.

CultOfPersonality
Jun 21, 2012, 07:42 PM
Sigh if I could only read Japanese :/

crazeegamer
Jun 21, 2012, 07:54 PM
Sigh if I could only read Japanese :/

yeah I've recently looked up just trying to read it and I have not much of a clue on how it works lol

Aeris
Jun 21, 2012, 08:01 PM
Shame the encryption didn't do anything against the hacks.

Just got out of a multi-party area with 3 people with launchers speed hacking and shooting 30 rockets per second. They pretty much cleaned out the entire zone within a minute :(

LOL you serious o_O, i would laugh if i seen that even though they might get in trouble for even doing that.

Rip-Saw
Jun 21, 2012, 08:05 PM
Here in America, we can discuss how to make nuclear bombs and still be in the legal right. Linking to a patch is not illegal in any sense of the word. Applying the patch would be breaking the ToS, but ToS's are not legally binding documents in the sense that none has ever held up in court. Now if they want to play nice with SEGA, that is fine. If you'd prefer a place that does not play nice with SEGA, go to 4chan.

CultOfPersonality
Jun 21, 2012, 08:08 PM
yeah I've recently looked up just trying to read it and I have not much of a clue on how it works lol

The guide is nice but I'd still get lost. Diablo 3 sucks. I have nothing to play right now so I've given up for awhile.

Dhylec
Jun 21, 2012, 10:19 PM
Looks like it's getting derailed to the point where people just argue about why the rules are like this or that. It's best to close this controversial topic up, so everyone can cool off a bit.

Just a reminder: Every forum on the internet has its own rules.
Ours aren't strict. If you understand our stance on certain matter, or not, then, it's your choice. We can't satisfy everyone & we shouldn't have to.