PDA

View Full Version : i had a hard time last night with controls

Ryoma_cast
Jun 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
last night i had a hard time even getting out of the first room in the very first spawn. every time i hit w to move forward it would type w in the chat box. no big deal at first, i figured out that i had to use shift to use w to move forward. then the bigger problems started, jumping with spacebar no matter what inserts a space in chat, and my mini jump wont even let me jump up to the rock and then eventually to the second check point to move forward because of this insert into chat. it seems that everything that i do will force me into chat mode. i normally dont mind since the other versions i have played were a controller, with a keyboard as the chat input device. without a controller, i now am confused. im sorry if this post wastes your time, but as a pso vet, im thoroughly frustrated and in need of some help.

ps: i found a little way to give back and help you guys, there are some boxes where you can copy paste out some of the japanese dialog and paste it into google translate, nice that i could troubleshoot my own problems logging in last night, hope this helps some. anyways, need some help with controls. thanks!

Mag-X
Jun 21, 2012, 04:28 PM
It sounds like you chose the option to make a controller your primary (there was an option when you first sign in, but you probably couldn't read it), so it's on auto chat mode. I think the scroll lock key toggles it.

PSO Addict
Jun 21, 2012, 04:29 PM
I feel you are in direct chat mode while playing without a controller. Try scroll lock key. That is the shortcut to switch.

Polantaris
Jun 21, 2012, 05:18 PM
Thank you for this. I chose Keyboard myself yet it still goes to Auto-Chat...no matter how many times I go into the Options and reselect it and reset all the settings. It refuses to let me switch to Keyboard through the settings. It might be a bug.

Cherri420
Jun 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
use ds3 tool for the controller, the 360 emulator for ps3 controller and I think the 360 one works as soon as u plug it up/ turn it on.