PDA

View Full Version : How to get Free Roam?

sugarFO
Jun 21, 2012, 05:15 PM
I have the quest for free roam, and I completed two of them (that's what the crown means, right?) So then what are these things that I did?

Inaruna
Jun 21, 2012, 06:57 PM
Complete Dagan Extermination in 10 minutes with an S Rank.
Complete Rappy Capture in 12 minutes with an S Rank.
Obtain 2 data box drops in any frost mission.

Advice for doing the Dagan Extermination in 10 minutes is to loop between two different Dagan spawns.

TerminalMontage
Jun 21, 2012, 07:10 PM
How rare are these data drop boxes? Do you just fight any monster in the forest until one randomly drops one? And when you find these boxes, what do you do with them?

Actually, do they have red box icons in the inventory menu? I think I might have some.

Inaruna
Jun 21, 2012, 07:33 PM
They do have the red box icon in your inventory, they're pretty easy to get you should have two after doing ~4 runs of any forest mission.

Mike
Jun 21, 2012, 08:18 PM
How rare are these data drop boxes? Do you just fight any monster in the forest until one randomly drops one? And when you find these boxes, what do you do with them?

Actually, do they have red box icons in the inventory menu? I think I might have some.
To get the items, you just need to kill enemies in the forest. I don't know if there's a level restriction on them dropping or not but I've only seen them drop in the Rappy and Dagan quests, coincedentally, both from gulfs but I believe any enemy can drop them.

The items themselves drop in the usual yellow quest item color. Once you have them, you just hold on to them until you finish the other two requirements and they'll be taken from you when you turn in the order.

TerminalMontage
Jun 21, 2012, 10:37 PM
Well I did the Dagan and Rappy quests in time, and I have 5 red boxes now and nothing :/

Scrub
Jun 21, 2012, 10:49 PM
Holy Fucking Christ trying to do that one mission in under 10 minutes makes me want to kill myself.

It's not like I have a problem killing anything I just literally cannot find the damn bugs.