PDA

View Full Version : So ships 1 - 5 should re open in a few hours right?

Thermalwolf
Jun 21, 2012, 05:44 PM
Considering it's past night time in Japan and now slowly the day is beginning, do you think later on tonight for us the ships should reopen which would technically be mid day Japan once it gets to be midnight for us "right" coasters :)

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 05:45 PM
That's what I'm hoping. It's almost 8 AM, so they could go up anywhere from 15 minutes from now to... who knows when.

Thermalwolf
Jun 21, 2012, 05:46 PM
Ohhhhhh the anticipation!!! I wanna level! And don't tell me to go to ship 10, I wanna actually have my progress be known and not lie in a ghost town after everyone moves back to Ship 2 :/

Atomsk88
Jun 21, 2012, 06:01 PM
Someone in another topic just now registered and said they are on ship 2, so it might be open now if you want to try,

Nuclearranger
Jun 21, 2012, 06:02 PM
Ohhhhhh the anticipation!!! I wanna level! And don't tell me to go to ship 10, I wanna actually have my progress be known and not lie in a ghost town after everyone moves back to Ship 2 :/

Not only that, you would have to delete your character to move back to ship 2 since it is one character per ACCOUNT not ship.

Thermalwolf
Jun 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
Not only that, you would have to delete your character to move back to ship 2 since it is one character per ACCOUNT not ship.

Oyeah I forgot it's worse then I imagined!

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
Someone in another topic just now registered and said they are on ship 2, so it might be open now if you want to try,

Just tried. Doesn't work (for me, anyways).

Graven
Jun 21, 2012, 06:05 PM

This

I tried ship 6,7 and 8. It was quite empty, i will delete my character for the third time and see if i can sneak into 5 or above.

Does anyone knows how many people are allowed per ship?

Atomsk88
Jun 21, 2012, 06:06 PM
Just tried. Doesn't work (for me, anyways).

Shame, oh well was worth a try/mentioning. Dunno how they got into ship 2 so easily.

Hopefully it'll open soon!

DoubleCannon
Jun 21, 2012, 06:08 PM
ship 10 block 20 is fairly populated with english players.. just sayin lol

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 06:10 PM
ship 10 block 20 is fairly populated with english players.. just sayin lol

From what I've heard, they're all from PSOW. Ship 2 is aserver populated by many other English-speaking people.

BBYiffo
Jun 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
The problem is just trying to play with friends. My main is on ship 2, I had to make another account to play with two of my friends on ship 10.

We are all pretty sure we want to be on ship 2.

EDIT: I heard in a discussion back in CBT that there was planning on just letting characters join any ship. Wonder if they're still thinking that or people like blowing rumors out of their behinds.

Thermalwolf
Jun 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
From what I've heard, they're all from PSOW. Ship 2 is aserver populated by many other English-speaking people.

Yeah but a mass majority of PSOW remains on Ship 2. The only people from PSOW on Ship 10 are those that can't seem to wait for Ship 2 to open. Not that it's a big deal, but I mean you can't wait a little bit to come roll with the big boys?! ^^

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 06:20 PM
*clawing at the gates of Ship 2 like a hungry cat*

Thermalwolf
Jun 21, 2012, 06:23 PM
*clawing at the gates of Ship 2 like a hungry cat*

*barks at the gates of Ship 2*

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
How's the lag in ship 2? still bad?

Yuicihi
Jun 21, 2012, 06:28 PM
How's the lag in ship 2? still bad?

Not horribly bad from what I've seen. There's been some lag spikes, but it's certainly been playable.

Gardios
Jun 21, 2012, 06:28 PM
It's fine right now - Japanese peak times are over.

Polantaris
Jun 21, 2012, 06:30 PM
Server Latency doesn't really have much to do with it. When MMOs first open, they typically shut down Character Creation on more populated servers so that the player base can even out between all the servers. This is done so that some servers don't have tons of players while others have none. It may take until the player base evens out over all servers before they open up Character Creation on the Ships that were locked. This could potentially take a week or more, it depends on how many people are willing to wait.

I'm going on typical scenarios though. I haven't read any notices, so if they said something else different then ignore this.

KaoPyro
Jun 21, 2012, 06:37 PM
So I just got on, will it eventually let me make a character, or am I sunk in the water?

Polantaris
Jun 21, 2012, 06:40 PM
So I just got on, will it eventually let me make a character, or am I sunk in the water?

Eventually, yes. But unless they say otherwise don't expect it to be soon.

KaoPyro
Jun 21, 2012, 06:41 PM
got ya. ship 10 it is.

Thermalwolf
Jun 21, 2012, 06:44 PM
Eventually, yes. But unless they say otherwise don't expect it to be soon.

Yeah they have. They said they were keeping character creation closed on ships 1 - 5 just for the night.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah, right now Ship 2 block 20 is completely full, and block 21 is nearly full as well.
Anyway, tried to create a character in my sister's account, ship 2 is still locked, hope it's unlocked soon. :<

Mag-X
Jun 21, 2012, 06:55 PM
OMFG I'm home from work. Let me in!!1 D: I bet they don't let people in again until just before I need to go to bed...

It's not fair that all you jerks with no jobs got in and those of us with responsibilities get the shaft.

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 06:57 PM
OMFG I'm home from work. Let me in!!1 D: I bet they don't let people in again until just before I need to go to bed...

It's not fair that all you jerks with no jobs got in and those of us with responsibilities get the shaft.

I don't have a job and I can't get in.

Thermalwolf
Jun 21, 2012, 06:59 PM
I don't have a job and I can't get in.

Means you at least have some sanity :P

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:00 PM
Means you at least have some sanity :P

Sanity? Ha.

Nemhy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:01 PM
Did they say it was just for the night? I'm waiting to get into Ship 2 myself

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:01 PM
Did they say it was just for the night? I'm waiting to get into Ship 2 myself

It's what people are saying, so I'm hoping it opens soon.
I've been waiting all day.

Thermalwolf
Jun 21, 2012, 07:05 PM
現在行われております、Ship01~Ship05の新規キャラクター作成の制限は接続人数の状況を見て解 除いたしますが、今夜中のキャラクター作成制限の開放はございません。大変申し訳ございませんがご了承くだ さい。 #PSO2

Google (rough..) Translation:

We are currently done, limit the creation of new characters, but will release Ship01 ~ Ship05 look at the status of the connection number, character creation in the opening of the limit is not available tonight. Please note I am sorry. # PSO2

Now take it an run with it :)

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 07:12 PM
My best guess is it means something like:

"We've limited character creation again on ships 1-5. We'll open it up again after looking at the data, but it won't be back up tonight. Sorry."

Polantaris
Jun 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
現在行われております、Ship01~Ship05の新規キャラクター作成の制限は接続人数の状況を見て解 除いたしますが、今夜中のキャラクター作成制限の開放はございません。大変申し訳ございませんがご了承くだ さい。 #PSO2

Google (rough..) Translation:

Now take it an run with it :)

Yeah that translation is awful, it's really unclear as to what they actually said. I'll ask my friend who's fluent in Japanese next time he's online if the Ships aren't open by then.

Thermalwolf
Jun 21, 2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah that translation is awful, it's really unclear as to what they actually said. I'll ask my friend who's fluent in Japanese next time he's online if the Ships aren't open by then.

Yeah that's probably the worst google translation I have seen through out this whole beta test lol

Kichi
Jun 21, 2012, 07:19 PM
The translation of "今夜中", the phrase relating to duration is roughly "For the duration of this night" 今 = Now, 夜 = Night, 中 = Middle, and the phrase immediately after is saying character creation restricted.

tldr: Yes, it should be back up within a couple hours.

Nemhy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:23 PM
The translation of "今夜中", the phrase relating to duration is roughly "For the duration of this night" 今 = Now, 夜 = Night, 中 = Middle, and the phrase immediately after is saying character creation restricted.

tldr: Yes, it should be back up within a couple hours.

You're a god

Kichi
Jun 21, 2012, 07:25 PM
I should mention that there could always be unforseen problems with bringing it back up, but either way, we should at least get some news here soon.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the translation info.

I am going to dropkick through Ship 2's door when this is over...

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the translation info.

I am going to dropkick through Ship 2's door when this is over...

Who isn't?

LokinModar
Jun 21, 2012, 07:35 PM
i cannot create even in ship 10

Nemhy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:39 PM

I guess 10 wasn't as big a ghost town as I thought. I hope I don't regret not going there

IKoRaiZa
Jun 21, 2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah, same here, I can't even roll on Ship 10. lol.

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 07:44 PM

Wow. Just tried this too, and yeah, it seems the entire set of ships has hit critical... failure.

I REALLY don't think this is a population issue.

Nemhy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:45 PM
Wow. Just tried this too, and yeah, it seems the entire set of ships has hit critical... failure.

I REALLY don't think this is a population issue.

Why so sure? I mean didn't a lot of people decide to roll 10 because 2 was down? :/

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:46 PM
Why so sure? I mean didn't a lot of people decide to roll 10 because 2 was down? :/

Then we should take down ALL the ships (so they have to fix them)!

EDIT: Too late, I think they're already down.

EDIT2: I couldn't get onto ship 6, but I could ship 7.

Graven
Jun 21, 2012, 07:48 PM
I managed to create at ship 10, forgot to change my character voice(something so insignificant), deleted, went to try again, can't log.

I'm so pissed with myself...i never would imagine even ship 10 would become hard to enter

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 07:49 PM

Ship 8 was fine.

But really, if 10 hit some arbitrary cap already, that's... odd.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 07:49 PM

We'll take them by FORCE!!!

....even if they're already dead, it's still a victory, right?

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:51 PM
We'll take them by FORCE!!!

....even if they're already dead, it's still a victory, right?

"He's already deeeaaad!"

LokinModar
Jun 21, 2012, 07:53 PM
i could create at ship 9

i think THIS is the stress test they should have conducted las week...

Graven
Jun 21, 2012, 07:56 PM
Btw, when i was at ship 10(not even 20 min ago), even block 1 wasn't completely full, the other were half or less, this can't be superpopulation issue...

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:57 PM
Don't know if it was already posted, but ships 7, 8, and 9 are the only ships up right now.

Thermalwolf
Jun 21, 2012, 07:57 PM
It's a shame, we had no problems during the pre-open beta :(

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:59 PM
It's a shame, we had no problems during the pre-open beta :(

Too bad I did.
I was an idiot and didn't register my Sega ID. :P

iBOCK
Jun 21, 2012, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I'm currently just playing in short bursts on Ship 10 with my character. I'm gonna delete/remake him when Ship 2 is opened for creation again.

There's such a heavy amount of activity on Ship 10 that I can't even get past the tutorial area. I get 630'd at some point without fail.

Really hope that Ships 1-5 are unlocked for character creation soon!