PDA

View Full Version : Matter board quest A-5 help

Ghalion
Jun 21, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hey there I looked at the miniguide blog site and it says to get a claymore drop from a fongolf in any forest dungeon. But I've done nearly 10 since getting the quest (mostly the level 5 one, did the level 7 capture nap rappy one a few times too). and I have NOT got this damn thing. Did the a-5 quest change? What is a Fongolf anyway, is that the biger red wolf thing?

Aka
Jun 21, 2012, 07:18 PM
A-5 requires you to kill any Lv7 or above Wolf mob. I got mine from a red wolf. Be patient though, it's quite a rare drop.

serenade
Jun 21, 2012, 08:01 PM
i've killed 50+ fongulf level 7+ and still have yet to see this damn thing drop....

SStrikerR
Jun 21, 2012, 08:04 PM
Such is the joy of Phantasy Star Online(2)

renrinken
Jun 21, 2012, 08:25 PM
Is Matter Board even worth doing ? I been ignoring it completely.

Mike
Jun 21, 2012, 08:27 PM
You'll miss out on the story, some easy weapon drops, and a some client orders by not doing it but unless the matter board is tied to client orders needed to open new areas, then you don't need to do it.

Ryuujin13
Jun 21, 2012, 08:27 PM

From my understanding it is the campaign quests.

Inaruna
Jun 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
I would suggest doing the Orange Spheres in the matter board.

kdrakari
Jun 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
Did you remember to actually accept the matter board quest?

Ghalion
Jun 21, 2012, 08:39 PM
yeah Ia ccepted it.

But yeah matter board quests are worth doing, a-5 in particular grants a very nice sword item that is ahead of its time. and from what I can see, all matter board quests give you passive stats too, like a-5 gives 2 pp, 20 something (hp maybe? dunno), and some kinda of level 1 skill I guess.

Aeris
Jun 21, 2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah, i have a time getting this weapon from the mob as well, been killing the same mob over and over but never drops.

Lumir
Jun 21, 2012, 08:49 PM
Im having issues with E5 and E2.

E5 = Staff from Vriada
E2 = Blasta from Rock Bear

That wolf one took awhile but these are on a whole new level of farming over and over and over...

Mike
Jun 21, 2012, 08:53 PM
Im having issues with E5 and E2.

E5 = Staff from Vriada
E2 = Blasta from Rock Bear

That wolf one took awhile but these are on a whole new level of farming over and over and over...
For the staff, you'll probably have an easier time getting it when the emergency mission pops up. Lots of them there to possible drop the weapon.

DemonMike
Jun 21, 2012, 08:56 PM
I had problems with the Fongalf matter board quest too. Just keep going for it, it'll turn up eventually. It seems they have reduced the drop frequency for the matter board quest items, most likely to drag them out to the point of boredom.

Lumir
Jun 21, 2012, 08:58 PM
For the staff, you'll probably have an easier time getting it when the emergency mission pops up. Lots of them there to possible drop the weapon.

I was thinking about this as well. We can get drops outside of the forest for matter board 1?

Ghalion
Jun 21, 2012, 09:12 PM
finally got it thanks guys.. yeah drop rate was just being a bish.

Got my zord and went straight to the tekker shop or grinder shop or wtf its called. but it is closed! Anybody know if it's closed for technical reasons? or is it like some kinda role-playing only open during certain hours thing?

Mike
Jun 21, 2012, 09:13 PM
I was thinking about this as well. We can get drops outside of the forest for matter board 1?
Yup. Or at least we could in the closed beta. I didn't get a chance to try it during the pre-open beta so it may have been changed.

finally got it thanks guys.. yeah drop rate was just being a bish.

Got my zord and went straight to the tekker shop or grinder shop or wtf its called. but it is closed! Anybody know if it's closed for technical reasons? or is it like some kinda role-playing only open during certain hours thing?
The tekker moved down to the first floor by the weapon and disk shop.

Lumir
Jun 21, 2012, 09:25 PM
Yup. Or at least we could in the closed beta. I didn't get a chance to try it during the pre-open beta so it may have been changed.

Alright thanks.

Finally got E2. I think for E2 it has to be a code duel. You cant just rush to the Rock Bear in the free forest and expect a drop. But I ono. Now to get E5...

ShadowsCrush
Jun 21, 2012, 10:55 PM
Nah, you can get the rifle from the boss area rockbear, I actually lucked out and had all 3 quests that needed rockbear drops on me at the time I got to the free roam forest and got all 3 off the boss.

I'll probably be skipping some of the matterboard quests for items I don't need or are weaker than what I've already farmed

jaychaulives
Jun 22, 2012, 01:05 AM
for the matter board quest it says kill higher than lvl7 for the fer something, or does the lvl7 also count fer wolf looking mob count? or I have to do the lvl9 dungeon for it?