PDA

View Full Version : Ship 2 and 10 Full??

Zero21x
Jun 21, 2012, 07:44 PM
New here but from some reading i noticed everyone was on ship 2? but also moved to 10 due to 2 being full but today i tried to make a character for the first time and noticed that 10 is also full i am going to play on 9 i suppose but is there another Ship recommended?

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 07:49 PM
What's recommended? Wait until they open up creation again... I guess.

Rip-Saw
Jun 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
Just wait for ship 2 to reopen. With this many ships down they cannot possibly keep them closed. The beta will max out on players. Actually, you better make a player in ship 9 just to be safe. You don't want to get locked out.

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
Six is also down.

Arkives
Jun 21, 2012, 08:16 PM
Good thing I got to ship 10 when I did

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 08:17 PM
Good thing I got to ship 10 when I did

Ship 10 was a temp. ship, though, right?
So if 2 and 10 go back up, 10 will die anyways.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 21, 2012, 08:38 PM
There's a lot of people on Ship 10.
A mix of everone, the misfits who didn't make it in elsewhere.
Quite the happening place.
I think I might stay.
*Cheers*

Mike
Jun 21, 2012, 08:41 PM
Flipping through twitter, it looks like 6, 8, and 10 have been closed to new characters too. It sucks to not be able to play on the same server as your friends but it's nice to see so much interest in PSO2.

NoiseHERO
Jun 21, 2012, 08:43 PM
Everyone's just ransacking random ships now when other's get full? @_@

Don't spread out TOO much. @_@

Mike
Jun 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
Everyone's just ransacking random ships now when other's get full? @_@

Can't blame people for wanting to play, even if it does fracture communities.

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 08:48 PM
Just made a character for ship 9 incase they all close.

Pluupy
Jun 21, 2012, 08:49 PM
Stupid SEGA should make it so one free character PER SHIP not PER ACCOUNT. =_=

Mike
Jun 21, 2012, 08:52 PM
Stupid SEGA should make it so one free character PER SHIP not PER ACCOUNT. =_=
I know people have not-so-jokingly refered to Sega as Segac when it comes to PSU but maybe it's now $ega for PSO2.

BahnKnakyu
Jun 21, 2012, 08:56 PM
I know people have not-so-jokingly refered to Sega as Segac when it comes to PSU but maybe it's now $ega for PSO2.

$ega for P$O2 amirite? Dohohoho I'm clever and a Linux user.

Swatshot00
Jun 21, 2012, 08:57 PM
Ship 10 should not be the temp. It should be the primary. There are plenty of english players, even though most of the psow players are on S2. In fact, i've only seen like 2 JP players compared to 40 or so English players on ship 10 block 40. SHIP 2 WAS A POOR IDEA. Out of 10 ships, obviously the second one is going to fill with JP players. MOVE TO 10.

HFlowen
Jun 21, 2012, 08:59 PM
They should just let you switch ships when you want, goddamn.

Phaesphora
Jun 21, 2012, 09:00 PM
Flipping through twitter, it looks like 6, 8, and 10 have been closed to new characters too.
6 as well now? Guess I will share in the lag spike pain that everyone else has been enjoying. Ho hum.

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2012, 09:00 PM
Ship 10 should not be the temp. It should be the primary. There are plenty of english players, even though most of the psow players are on S2. In fact, i've only seen like 2 JP players compared to 40 or so English players on ship 10 block 40. SHIP 2 WAS A POOR IDEA. Out of 10 ships, obviously the second one is going to fill with JP players. MOVE TO 10.
The point of Ship 2 is to have a good population and an healthy player shop economy in the future. Some of us are going to stay in the japanese servers even when the english servers arrive.

Taitu
Jun 21, 2012, 09:02 PM
Ship 8 is also now officially population locked.. You can now only make a character on ships 7 and 9.

Polly
Jun 21, 2012, 09:02 PM
Oye. I really never figured this character locked to ships idea to be the greatest thing, nor did I imagine that there would be a low enough capacity that we'd ever reasonably hit it. But hey, it's a beta. I got into 2, but random events or trying to get into a team seem to lag out the client and I get booted. Not really gonna mess with it much till this all shakes out.

Ideally, I'd like them to rethink the way characters are stored, but it may be so embedded into the way the servers work that it can't be without significant delays (which I'd support.)

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 09:03 PM
Flipping through twitter, it looks like 6, 8, and 10 have been closed to new characters too. It sucks to not be able to play on the same server as your friends but it's nice to see so much interest in PSO2.

Official accounts, or just people talking?

Either way, an 80% closure rate is staggering - hopefully the next couple hours result in news.

xshinoda
Jun 21, 2012, 09:10 PM

Why can't we stay?Don't you have enough players anyways,and for what I've heard ship 10 is also block,don't forget if alot of players quit in ship 10 there would be no one to play with.Ship 2,if there were no one to play thats english then we get to play with japenese players. (Which you could catch with your english buddy's when they go online)

Think about it,the future of pso2.

Mike
Jun 21, 2012, 09:10 PM
Official accounts, or just people talking?

Either way, an 80% closure rate is staggering - hopefully the next couple hours result in news.
Just talk. I'd check it out myself but I'm at work.

Taitu
Jun 21, 2012, 09:13 PM
It's not just talk, I'm on the character creation screen and have tested it myself. You can only make a character on ships 7 and 9 at this moment.

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 09:17 PM
Just talk. I'd check it out myself but I'm at work.

I figured as much, their twitter hasn't updated in a while, same for homepage.

RocketZX
Jun 21, 2012, 09:23 PM
lol people shouldve waited...
so i guess i'll see you guys on ship 2 tomorrow then? ROFL

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 09:25 PM
Holy hell. When does their shift start over there? I think it's nearly noon in Japan or something.

JenTy
Jun 21, 2012, 09:26 PM
Holy hell. When does their shift start over there? I think it's nearly noon in Japan or something.

It's about 11:25 AM there.

Kairi_Li
Jun 21, 2012, 09:27 PM
Man, thank god my husband and I are both on ship 10. Whew!

RainbowDash36
Jun 21, 2012, 09:29 PM
Well i tried to recreate my character to start over with a new friend....and now im locked out. Great. -_-

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 09:31 PM

They're probably still reviewing data and deciding what to do.

iBOCK
Jun 21, 2012, 09:33 PM

That sounds about right. They were probably really distraught when they saw that the ships were quickly overloading.

Crossing my fingers that things are remedied tonight, or at least tomorrow.

Mike
Jun 21, 2012, 09:37 PM
They had better be. It's the coming up on the weekend and there'll be a huge influx of players over the next few days.

Polly
Jun 21, 2012, 09:38 PM
Unless they have a way internally (or come up with one on the fly) to expand the capacity, I think the best we'll see is something like Ships 11-20 opening this weekend or something. Don't like that solution either, because it just further disperses the playerbase. Hopefully something more logical can be implemented.

Misaki Ki
Jun 21, 2012, 09:42 PM
Death to the segregated ship model!

Polly
Jun 21, 2012, 09:43 PM

If I put quotes in my sig, this would be it.

iBOCK
Jun 21, 2012, 09:44 PM

Oh man, that was positively perfect.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2012, 09:45 PM
I don't have a *huge* issue with the segregated server model, I just think these locks are a particularly stupid addendum to them, especially considering they evidently aren't directly related to server population or activity. I really can't think of a reason they'd be implemented otherwise, other than the fact that the game doesn't yet have AC making Sega not feel like people not being able to register is important.

Is it too much to ask to want to be on a server with my friends? Apparently so, because now almost nobody new can register. It's just perplexing.

Graven
Jun 21, 2012, 09:47 PM
Well i tried to recreate my character to start over with a new friend....and now im locked out. Great. -_-

Join the club.

I tried to recreate just to change the shout the character does when he attacks.<.<

Arika
Jun 21, 2012, 09:48 PM
SEGA just unprepared, I guess they never know that people would flood in this much just because of the word "transfer all data into launch version"

CyberNei
Jun 21, 2012, 10:03 PM
Checked couple of mins ago and there are only 7th and 9th ships not closed atm >.>

SolaceIX
Jun 21, 2012, 10:05 PM
Ship 10 is pretty nice. Lots of cool people on it. Even made some new friends!

XionAsuka
Jun 21, 2012, 10:10 PM
I really dunno what ship to go to just yet. A friend seems to be playing on 5, but I haven't completely committed to it yet (Plus it seems to be locked down for now). I can play pretty heavily, but i'll probably be stumbling for a while trying to figure everything out. x_x

Junkboy
Jun 21, 2012, 10:15 PM
Have to go to work in about an hour and still locked out of 10 or 2 >.<

Garnet_Moon
Jun 21, 2012, 10:17 PM
Have to go to work in about an hour and still locked out of 10 or 2 >.<

Seems like 7 and 9 are the only ones open now. You better make one on either of them if you want to at least sample the game. Otherwise, the OBT will be full and you'll have to wait for more servers when it goes live, or servers to unlock. Whenever that is.

Mag-X
Jun 21, 2012, 10:22 PM
This is the open beta. They're probably just trying to force an even distribution across the servers. Once 7 and 9 are even with the others, hopefully they'll unlock them.

AlMcFly
Jun 21, 2012, 10:24 PM
Where are you finding the information online which servers have locked character creation?

Garnet_Moon
Jun 21, 2012, 10:26 PM
Where are you finding the information online which servers have locked character creation?
Dunno about the others, but I'm using my alt account to check the other ships. 7 and 9 only right now. Whether or not spamming works, I don't know, I just checked once on each ship and didn't try a 2nd time.

SELENNA
Jun 21, 2012, 10:41 PM
Oh man stuck again at that patching screen. I absolutely hate it, especially because I don't read Japanese so I can't understand what it actually does.

CyberNei
Jun 21, 2012, 10:42 PM
When you put your mouse cursor on a ship, message appears if that ship is full.

thematesV2
Jun 21, 2012, 10:43 PM
I just signed up on 7 since I couldn't get online to play today until 11:45. I can't imagine I'll get a ton of play time for open beta, so if things even out, I may just delete and restart on ship 2. if anyone is looking for english speaker on ship 7, ThematesV4 is there.

KyAniki
Jun 21, 2012, 10:44 PM

If you go in the game and hover your mouse over the ships, any one that is currently not accepting new character creations will say このシップは混雑のため...(something- i cant remember the rest off-hand). Currently that's every one but 7 and 9.

And to everyone freaking out about 10 eventually becoming a ghost town, I think it will be better than 7 and 9. At least it's the last ship which makes it kinda special/memorable in a way so some people will naturally go to it. And more than that, by the time that happens, there will probably be a transfer option anyway.

sunfizz98
Jun 21, 2012, 10:45 PM
Makes me glad that I didn't delete my charcter from Ship 10 when people were ranting about trying to get into ship 2.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 21, 2012, 10:46 PM
Makes me glad that I didn't delete my charcter from Ship 10 when people were ranting about trying to get into ship 2.

Block 10 is a good one :c

goldwing
Jun 21, 2012, 10:47 PM
Wow this seems like a mess now.

iBOCK
Jun 21, 2012, 10:50 PM
I don't know. Ship 10 is kind of growing on me! I think I might stay here if Ship 2 isn't vacant soon.

lKeima
Jun 21, 2012, 10:53 PM
I stayed awake till 2:57, 3 minutes before the beta..(EST). I shouldve just registered into ship 2 and just went to sleep! T_T

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 10:53 PM
All things considered, I still don't think this is a population problem. They manually turned off char creation for 1-5, it wasn't automatic.

imrevned
Jun 21, 2012, 10:57 PM
All things considered, I still don't think this is a population problem. They manually turned off char creation for 1-5, it wasn't automatic.

I agree, ship 10 was not full at all when I was on, yet it was locked.

Daveach
Jun 21, 2012, 10:58 PM
Im getting...nervous.
I wasnt able to create my char on Ship 2...not even in Ship 10...right now just 9 and 7 are accepting more chars.
Ive been waiting all the day for a solution, but it doesnt seem like they will open them again..i mean, its almost 1pm over there right? (im not sure if im right)
I dont know what to do :/

lKeima
Jun 21, 2012, 11:03 PM
Im getting...nervous.
I wasnt able to create my char on Ship 2...not even in Ship 10...right now just 9 and 7 are accepting more chars.
Ive been waiting all the day for a solution, but it doesnt seem like they will open them again..i mean, its almost 1pm over there right? (im not sure if im right)
I dont know what to do :/

Im also getting nervous. I've waited all day, refreshing there twitter page every now and then, checked the forum, and kept clicking ship 2 character creator to no avail.

Recent twitter update (like 5 min ago)

現在Ship01~Ship06,08,10の新規キャラクター作成を制限しております。これ からプレイさ れる方はShip07,09での作成をお願いいたします。今後については現在未定となっており ますが続報は こちらでもご報告いたします。大変申し訳ございませんがご了承ください。

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 21, 2012, 11:07 PM
I'm thinking once ships 7 and 9 also get close to whatever threshold they have in place the rest of the ships will start to open up. This way they atleast have a minimum population spread.

Akiyama
Jun 21, 2012, 11:09 PM
Or maybe once 7 and 9 are full, that's all they'll accept? :(

Windadept
Jun 21, 2012, 11:09 PM
By the way you don`t have to click character create to see whether it`s locked or not.
If you just mouseover the ship, a speech bubble will pop up saying that character creation is locked.

iBOCK
Jun 21, 2012, 11:10 PM
From their official twitter page:

"現在Ship01~Ship06,08,10の新規キャラクター作成を制限しております。これからプレイさ れる方はShip07,09での作成をお願いいたします。今後については現在未定となっておりますが続報は こちらでもご報告いたします。大変申し訳ございませんがご了承ください。 #PSO2"

source (https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/216018559183241218)

"We are restricting character creation for ship01-ship06, ship 8, ship 10"
that's about all I can get out of it. Sorry!

Daveach
Jun 21, 2012, 11:10 PM
Im also getting nervous. I've waited all day, refreshing there twitter page every now and then, checked the forum, and kept clicking ship 2 character creator to no avail. T_T

EDIT:

Recent twitter update (like 5 min ago)

現在Ship01~Ship06,08,10の新規キャラクター作成を制限しております。これからプレイさ れる方はShip07,09での作成をお願いいたします。今後については現在未定となっておりますが続報は こちらでもご報告いたします。大変申し訳ございませんがご了承ください。

Well, at least they are telling us again that they wont do something lol so we have to use one of those 2 ships...sigh

XionAsuka
Jun 21, 2012, 11:12 PM
So only 7 and 9, huh? Man... Guess i'll keep playing the waiting game. Don't wanna wind up on a ghost ship, and i'm unsure of how well I can solo. Plus a game's more fun when I can play it with people I can actually understand.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 21, 2012, 11:15 PM
お疲れ様です。既に他の方から意見があったかと思いますが、混雑情報がプレイヤーズサイト側で全く参照でき ず、情報がプレイヤー全員に行き渡っていない可能性が高いです。ぷそなびツイートを閲覧できるガジェットの サイトへの導入や、サイトの適宜更新のご検討をお願いします

Now, put that into google and you get:

Cheers for good work. Although I think there was an opinion from other people already, the possibility can not reference any congestion information at the Players site, the information is not spread over all players is high. The introduction to the site and ask for the gadget can view the tweets Navi Puso, for your consideration of the site updated as appropriate
Yup.

Daveach
Jun 21, 2012, 11:15 PM
So only 7 and 9, huh? Man... Guess i'll keep playing the waiting game. Don't wanna wind up on a ghost ship, and i'm unsure of how well I can solo. Plus a game's more fun when I can play it with people I can actually understand.

Guess i will play that game too :/ i can play it well alone, but i will miss dancing in the lobby with all of you guys...

Randomness
Jun 21, 2012, 11:16 PM
Well, they've announced the current 7 and 9 only on their twitter now. And stated they haven't decided what to do.

Sounds like things have gone so very wrong.

Daveach
Jun 21, 2012, 11:17 PM
the worst part is that weekend is coming closer...
They need to think about something, fast...i just really hope its not "making ship 11~20" :<

lKeima
Jun 21, 2012, 11:18 PM
the worst part is that weekend is coming closer...
They need to think about something, fast...i just really hope its not "making ship 11~20" :<

Agreed, further segregation is not good! D:<

dreammanias
Jun 22, 2012, 12:12 AM
I've created a perso on the ship 9. I think, we should use the block and not the ship to play with non japanese players. Bloc 20 and 21 are good blocs.

JenTy
Jun 22, 2012, 12:13 AM
I've created a perso on the ship 9. I think, we should use the block and not the ship to play with non japanese players. Bloc 20 and 21 are good blocs.

It already seems to be that way.

cheapgunner
Jun 22, 2012, 01:04 AM
Looks like SEGA didn't expect this many players to flock to the Open Beta, neither did the those on the pso-world forums when deciding which ship to dock.

I'm at 10 right now atm and not changing. Who knows what tomorrow will bring for the Open Beta.

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 01:12 AM
Ship 7 has stopped accepting new characters. That leaves Ship 9.

Looks like SEGA didn't expect this many players to flock to the Open Beta, neither did the those on the pso-world forums when deciding which ship to dock.
Well, when all the servers have filled up anyways, it doesn't really matter where people are.

EDIT: Twitter says ship 9 is closed now too. Well then.

Disa
Jun 22, 2012, 01:17 AM
Ship 9 isn't allowing new character creation either.

Randomness
Jun 22, 2012, 01:18 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA.

Check and mate SEGA. Players 1, Admins 0.

Daveach
Jun 22, 2012, 01:18 AM
that means...its "full"
;_;

Polly
Jun 22, 2012, 01:19 AM
Ship 7 has stopped accepting new characters. That leaves Ship 9.

Well, when all the servers have filled up anyways, it doesn't really matter where people are.

EDIT: Twitter says ship 9 is closed now too. Well then.

...Eh?

Can they really have been this unprepared? I've heard that they're insisting it's not overpopulation, but the lag spikes I'm seeing on Ship 2, disconnects, and the shutting down of character creation really points to the contrary when thought about.

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 01:25 AM
Can they really have been this unprepared? I've heard that they're insisting it's not overpopulation, but the lag spikes I'm seeing on Ship 2, disconnects, and the shutting down of character creation really points to the contrary when thought about.
It may be a precursor to additional servers. Close new registrations on all old servers and then put up new servers. Or it might not be. Until Sega says something, everybody who has yet to secure a place on a server is screwed.

Archandes
Jun 22, 2012, 01:26 AM
Because i can't event create a character on ship 7-10.

Srsly, What's going on?

JenTy
Jun 22, 2012, 01:27 AM
They are.

SELENNA
Jun 22, 2012, 01:29 AM
Luckily I was able to create a character earlier on ship 9

Daveach
Jun 22, 2012, 01:31 AM
It may be a precursor to additional servers. Close new registrations on all old servers and then put up new servers. Or it might not be. Until Sega says something, everybody who has yet to secure a place on a server is screwed.

Mike, keep up the good work and bring us more news :D you dont know how much i appreciate it. Now regarding your post....i really hope they just expand current Ships....i dont want more ships, it will be not that good, they will just disperse all the players a lot more

Daveach
Jun 22, 2012, 01:34 AM
indeed, they are closed...
lets hope they do something in the next...8 hours...so we can log in this weekend ;_;

Archandes
Jun 22, 2012, 01:35 AM
Im sure they will. The only thing you need to worries is what kind of solution are they gonna get to solve this issue.

Marley O
Jun 22, 2012, 01:36 AM
Noooooo....

Daveach
Jun 22, 2012, 01:36 AM
well, lets (again) hope, they just expand current Ships...;_; i really want to be with all of you in Ship 2, like in the POB and CB...

Psychoace
Jun 22, 2012, 01:40 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lKeima
Jun 22, 2012, 01:48 AM
Now SEGA has to do something! I hope so...

Daveach
Jun 22, 2012, 01:49 AM
Its almost 4PM over there right? man this isnt looking good >...>

Daveach
Jun 22, 2012, 01:52 AM
OMG for some strange reason i was able to make my char on Ship 10 lol
i can rest in peace for a little while...tho im not lvling up a lot until i can change to Ship 2...

Forever Zero
Jun 22, 2012, 01:54 AM
I just got into ship 10 as well. Looks like more spots opening up now.

Hideyasu
Jun 22, 2012, 01:55 AM
It let into the character creator as well :( I'm losing hope for ship 2

buri-chan
Jun 22, 2012, 01:57 AM
The strange thing of it is that only lobbies 1, 20 and 21 are anywhere near full. The rest are ghost towns.

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 01:57 AM
People on twitter have been saying the same thing. The notice that shows up on the ship select screen may not be as accurate as we thought.

Daveach
Jun 22, 2012, 01:58 AM
;_; oh well, im doing the tutorial right now...i think i will stick with this ship for a while

Hideyasu
Jun 22, 2012, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I think I might just do that as well .

iBOCK
Jun 22, 2012, 02:01 AM
I'm not playing too much for the time being, but it's still fun on ship 10. Certainly hope ship 2 is more open for character creation sometime tomorrow though. All my friends are going to be on ship 2.

Daveach
Jun 22, 2012, 02:08 AM
Very very strange, as many have said before, Ships arent that full at all, Ship 10, every block, is at...max 1/4 of capacity :o

EDIT: Block 20 is nice :D almost at 50% and lots of english-talking players

lKeima
Jun 22, 2012, 02:09 AM
hmmmm has Sega made a move???? :O

iBOCK
Jun 22, 2012, 02:10 AM
Very very strange, as many have said before, Ships arent that full at all, Ship 10, every block, is at...max 1/4 of capacity :o

That's so odd. They probably want to forcefully make it so each ship is sprinkled evenly with a healthy amount of people.

Daveach
Jun 22, 2012, 02:11 AM
That's so odd. They probably want to forcefully make it so each ship is sprinkled evenly with a healthy amount of people.

Yeah, that sounds about right, but man, that was scary, all servers closed for a while :S glad i made it here, i will try to enter Ship 2 now...

EDIT: Ship 2 is still -closed-

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 02:12 AM

EDIT: Block 20 is nice :D almost at 50% and lots of english-talking players
The closures aren't because there are so many people connected that the game isn't playable it's because so many people have created characters on the server in question that it could cause problems when everyone tries to log in. To prevent this, servers were closed to new characters, not to people who already had characters on the server.

iBOCK
Jun 22, 2012, 02:13 AM
Yeah, that sounds about right, but man, that was scary, all servers closed for a while :S glad i made it here, i will try to enter Ship 2 now...

I'm going to try to re-make my character on ship 2 tomorrow. It'd be fantastic if they would make it available to create a character in ASAP, especially seeing as I was looking to join on ship 2 from the very beginning.

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 02:20 AM
News from the official twitter account: Ships 6 through 10 are actually open to new characters! The closed message is the result of a bug.

lKeima
Jun 22, 2012, 02:20 AM
New twitter update:

【お知らせ】現在、Ship06~10にて新規キャラクター作成が可能な状態となっております。シップ選択 画面の不具合によって、Ship06~10でも「このシップは混雑のため新規作成を停止しています」と表示 されております。ご迷惑をおかけして誠に申し訳ございません

Hideyasu
Jun 22, 2012, 02:22 AM
They have opened new characters only to ship 6-10?

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 02:24 AM
They have opened new characters only to ship 6-10?
They were also open, according to the tweet, but a bug caused the closed message to appear on the ship select screen.

DreXxiN
Jun 22, 2012, 02:24 AM
Argh, don't want to make my friends make new characters on 10 when they will be transfering to 2 anyway ideally. :(

XionAsuka
Jun 22, 2012, 02:31 AM
Well, 10 is the second ship choice after 2, right? I suppose it isn't too bad, considering there's still a fair number of posters from this forum on there.

Nemhy
Jun 22, 2012, 02:34 AM
should I give up on server 2 and just roll on 10?

DreXxiN
Jun 22, 2012, 02:56 AM
I wouldn't say to do that otherwise if everyone does that it's going to be the same problem in reverse :P