PDA

View Full Version : Wierd "Glitch/Error" for installlation files

Junkboy
Jun 21, 2012, 08:27 PM
So I installed PSO2 yesterday afternoon so I would be all ready to play when I got home from work (I work graveish hours so I'm usually home by 4AM PST). I got home and played a couple of hours then I hit the first option in the last icon on the menu so I thought all was well before I went to bed at 7 A.M.ish .

Woke up today and hit the newly found orange icon on my start menu and it brings up the screen icon for pso2, and after a few seconds gives me an error while it was trying to load . I go to select said icon again thinking nothing of it and it's gone, so I open up programs to find the folder and I see the Sega folder but I only see BB and NOT PSO2. Obviously I'm at a loss :-? and go to the folder where I installed the game and my installation is 100% gone!!!!

Obviously I'm not really sure what happened, I know I did restart my pc after I was done playing in the morning for the Nvidia drivers and a couple of updates I had be procrastinating about but nothing else had been done since I woke up and I leave my PC Running 99.999% of the time so it's kinda wierd but yeah thats my issue.

I'm currently updating after reinstalling since I still had the installation files and all is going well but it just sucks since I was so excited to get up and to play for like 6 hours straight before work :sad:

Anyways my system specs are as follows in case anyone has any theories;

2500k Hyper 212+ p/p 12SH Yate's
Asrock z77 E4
8gig Sammy 30nm low voltage ram
120 Intel 520 + 2 F2 1TB Sammy's, 1 F4 2TB Sammy, 2 1TBs Hitachi
2X 1GB Nvidia branded GTX 460s' @ 870/2120
Yamakasi Catleap Extreme 2B 2560x1440@100hz
CM Haf 932 AMD Edition ^^;, Sunbeam rheobus extreme 6 and Antec HCG 750.

P.S. Huge PSO fan since DC games, I played the JP version before it was out in the US (can't say how I think) and had a group of friends whom I played with and we even imported the GC Ep1 and II just so we could play it since it took them awhile for the US version. Still have my BB characters on ******** 170ish HUcast 140ish FOmar and 120ish RAmar. Bought first PSU but it just didn't feel the same but played it for a few months, I didn't use my PSP for anything but anime and music so never played Zero or the handheld versions. Was big into MAG farming and I have a couple perfect Bana's and many, MANY Nidra's and a few Sato's lying around on my BB acount that are mostly done and have been a massive PSO World fan for many years and I think I used to have an account here but I'm not sure :(, I will say I was shocked when I tried to recover my pass/use ID and it came back without an account.

Windadept
Jun 21, 2012, 08:40 PM
If you're running Windows 7 you may have accidentally uninstalled it, this happened to me.
Because windows 7 start menu is stupid like that and brought up the uninstall exe to the list on the start menu, which I clicked on without reading.

Junkboy
Jun 21, 2012, 09:35 PM
If you're running Windows 7 you may have accidentally uninstalled it, this happened to me.
Because windows 7 start menu is stupid like that and brought up the uninstall exe to the list on the start menu, which I clicked on without reading.

Hmmmmmmm, You're 100% right I just realized that when I started it up this morning the entire icon was in Kanji and looking at the newly pinned shortcut to the game the launch icon is in roman characters. Thanks, I was thinking it was something dumb on my part. ^^;