PDA

View Full Version : Oh man... how about those basics

MrShoestore
Jun 21, 2012, 09:41 PM
can I just say, it's been about 8 years since i've played an MMO, and just as long since I played PSO... which i played offline... oh and last time I was on a pc gaming... at least a couple years

But I'm completing my childhood dreamcast dream of playing Phantasy Star Online, online.

So if I played with anyone from here (im bootsy macallan), I apologize for either not really chatting, or just general suckery. :)

Is there a thread or a guide that has some of the more general basics of gameplay.. for example what are the disc shaped items used for... how do i chat with just party members... weapon/skills upgrades you know, general ignorance stuff. If anyone can send me a few links for stuff for me to study tomorrow at work, that would be great.

that way I can be more of an asset in the game, and less of an ass...well you get the idea.

xshinoda
Jun 21, 2012, 09:42 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/

MrShoestore
Jun 21, 2012, 10:09 PM
cheers mate, I'll check through it all tomorrow

MrShoestore
Jun 22, 2012, 11:25 PM
so, day two went much better, starting to get the hang of things. but i have a couple of questions if people can answer

1: Doing Afin's client orders, how do i Set a Technic in the weapon palette? there wasnt a popup with pictures for this one, so I dont know what they mean by Technic.

2: mid-quest, there will be a pop up with a sound EQ bar and some noise, I read somewhere this is because a boss character has appeared. Is this related to seeing other people in game that are not in your party? I was confused how that system was working. So you have your party, then other people you are fighting with... does their XP from kills add to yours because you are in the same game... or is it just xp your party earned? I just got very confused when other people showed up without adding them to the party list :)

Leliana
Jun 22, 2012, 11:50 PM
1: As far as I can tell it's class-specific. The only class that can equip weapons that can use Technics would be Force. I think?

2: That's a multi-party area. You and your party will gain the same amount of exp from a "shared" kill.