PDA

View Full Version : Trading?

Rhypht
Jun 22, 2012, 12:03 AM
So, just to be clear, there is currently no way to trade or exchange items at all?

njdss4
Jun 22, 2012, 12:14 AM
I was talking to someone in-game who said that trading and an auction house-like system was available for free right now because it's Open Beta. Not sure how true that was, but I can't really figure any of it out without an English translation patch.

kdrakari
Jun 22, 2012, 12:17 AM
During the open beta everybody gets the "My Shop" for free, which basically works like the auction house in other games only without having to bid. Through that you can, theoretically, trade items by each setting a price way over the top but exactly the same, then buying from each other. A bit convoluted though, especially considering the number of menus you would have to navigate in Japanese.

Coatl
Jun 22, 2012, 12:32 AM
Everyone can trade until full release.

How?
I've no idea.

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 12:34 AM
Press T or open the quick menu then select the person you want to trade with and pick the trade option from the menu that pops up when you click on them.

Rhypht
Jun 22, 2012, 12:35 AM
Well trying to trade something yields something about 'premium'. So we're trying to figure out the My Shop thing.
@Mike: that's the fourth option down, right? It's not letting us do that for some reason. We just get some message haha

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 12:40 AM
@Mike: that's the fourth option down, right? It's not letting us do that for some reason. We just get some message haha
It says トレード or something right? If it isn't letting you do that then you can't trade unfortunately.

Rhypht
Jun 22, 2012, 12:45 AM
It says トレード or something right? If it isn't letting you do that then you can't trade unfortunately.

damn, yeah it doesn't say that exactly but it's the only one that could be trading.

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 12:48 AM
damn, yeah it doesn't say that exactly but it's the only one that could be trading.
If you could copy-paste the message you get, if you can, here, I can tell you what it actually says.

Rhypht
Jun 22, 2012, 01:01 AM
If you could copy-paste the message you get, if you can, here, I can tell you what it actually says.

I did try, but it seems that I can't copy text out of PSO2's chat box.

bradsta6508
Jun 22, 2012, 01:09 AM
I did try, but it seems that I can't copy text out of PSO2's chat box.

Snipping tool, upload, embed.

mousel
Jun 22, 2012, 01:23 AM
I wasn't able to successfully trade, but I was able to put items in My Shop without a problem.

Using the purple ? visiphone thing, select the first option, then the fifth. From here, select the first option to list items, second option to remove items, and sixth item to collect your meseta once the sale has completed. I believe the fourth and fifth options are to sell/remove items directly from storage, but I'm not sure.

Revlis-Desilver
Jun 22, 2012, 01:33 AM
that seems pretty straight forward :)

Rhypht
Jun 22, 2012, 09:42 AM
I wasn't able to successfully trade, but I was able to put items in My Shop without a problem.

Using the purple ? visiphone thing, select the first option, then the fifth. From here, select the first option to list items, second option to remove items, and sixth item to collect your meseta once the sale has completed. I believe the fourth and fifth options are to sell/remove items directly from storage, but I'm not sure.

Cool, thank you for the input! One thing I'm wondering, where do I go to actually buy the item?

Coatl
Jun 22, 2012, 03:58 PM
Cool, thank you for the input! One thing I'm wondering, where do I go to actually buy the item?

I'd like to know this as well.