PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the amount of Americans connecting to the Beta Tests will make SEGA

VonHalford
Jun 22, 2012, 12:27 AM
Do you think the amount of Americans connecting to the Beta Tests will make SEGA realize how bad we want the game?

JenTy
Jun 22, 2012, 12:28 AM
I was hoping that.

Hideyasu
Jun 22, 2012, 12:29 AM
Yeah I would be surprised if they haven't noticed already haha.

Coatl
Jun 22, 2012, 12:34 AM
Won't make them localize it any sooner.

Hideyasu
Jun 22, 2012, 12:36 AM
Of course not, but I'm just glad it seems like they don't mind us for now.

girugamarc
Jun 22, 2012, 12:37 AM
I expecting the body of the first post to say "ban U.S. IPs".

But yes, there is always hope they will recognize us and do something (positive) about it :>

Dan Maku
Jun 22, 2012, 12:40 AM
Go to http://pso2.com .

See where it leads.

There is hope.

LoneWolf019
Jun 22, 2012, 12:46 AM
Whether they do or not ima import this day 1 :)

Polly
Jun 22, 2012, 12:48 AM
Sega's North American Phantasy Star twitterbox has been making a lot of racket lately, tweeting its way through the main line Phantasy Star series. I'm not sure it'll lead to anything, but it's an interesting tinfoil hat theory to play around with, especially given the sometimes cryptic messaging of the posts.

plopingo
Jun 22, 2012, 12:49 AM
Do you think the amount of Americans connecting to the Beta Tests will make SEGA realize how bad we want the game?

AMERICANS your are not alone ^^

Lot of EU players want this game too

LoneWolf019
Jun 22, 2012, 12:50 AM
Im sure it will come eventually.I say summer 2013 after the release of the vita version. Also how do you get a sig pic?? >.< mine wont show up :(

JenTy
Jun 22, 2012, 12:52 AM
Im sure it will come eventually.I say summer 2013 after the release of the vita version. Also how do you get a sig pic?? >.< mine wont show up :(

I tried the upload thing, but I think that's broken.
Try using the BBCode.

Sebastian & PSO
Jun 22, 2012, 12:53 AM
Well first of all there are not only Americans connecting but other English players from other countries such as myself. Japan seem's to get everything first but I'm so sure with the amount of english players playing they will eventually realise there is a potential for a bigger market out there and at least release an english patch for the game. Not to mention a lot of Japanese like to learn english themselves or already speak it so it wouldnt hurt either way.

I think everyone should keep up with the tweets towards SEGA and the PSO2 twitter account, everytime I look through the twitterfeed of that its all Japanese characters so we need more English tweets!

Also with websites like this sureley they will recognise something? Or maybe someone can share an email address to SEGA that we can all email bomb about releasing the english version haha.

Marley O
Jun 22, 2012, 01:09 AM
Just release an official English patch!

Pentence
Jun 22, 2012, 01:36 AM
I will take an english text patch and some global servers thank your very much. However knowing sega one can only hope.

Ryuujin13
Jun 22, 2012, 01:48 AM
AMERICANS your are not alone ^^

Lot of EU players want this game too

IC so the allied forces have joined together again...This time to fight a world war for a international pso2 server!!! lol :lol: couldn't resist.

CultOfPersonality
Jun 22, 2012, 01:57 AM
Sega's North American Phantasy Star twitterbox has been making a lot of racket lately, tweeting its way through the main line Phantasy Star series. I'm not sure it'll lead to anything, but it's an interesting tinfoil hat theory to play around with, especially given the sometimes cryptic messaging of the posts.

link? im quite good at reading between the lnes

VonHalford
Jun 22, 2012, 04:16 AM
I'm ready for some english action!

TheKin
Jun 22, 2012, 04:31 AM
I'm ready for some english action!

[Gives some Earl Grey Tea and some biscuits] There you are, ol chap.

Ryuujin13
Jun 22, 2012, 04:36 AM
[Gives some Earl Grey Tea and some biscuits] There you are, ol chap.

OY he doesnt want some tea and biscuits! The chap wants a pint of some good brew and some fish an chips! Tea and biscuits what is this, france!? :D:-P

Fusioneko
Jun 22, 2012, 04:39 AM
At this rate, I can imagine you people rallying together the troops, storming SEGA's HQ's and then taking control XD

Ryuujin13
Jun 22, 2012, 04:45 AM
At this rate, I can imagine you people rallying together the troops, storming SEGA's HQ's and then taking control XD
Im down. D-day on sega hq for pso2? Time to get my game face on lol

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1448/thevillagersarerestless.gifhttp://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4041/evillaugh.gifhttp://th65.photobucket.com/albums/h215/ErikaDarmanin/Emoticons/th_This-Is-Sparta-Smiley.gifhttp://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/sena-kun21/Emotes/Ninja_vs_Pirate_by_CookiemagiK.gif

TheKin
Jun 22, 2012, 05:05 AM
OY he doesnt want some tea and biscuits! The chap wants a pint of some good brew and some fish an chips! Tea and biscuits what is this, france!? :D:-P

Everyone knows that the PROPER English thing to do is tea time with biscuits. [Dons his top hat and monocle while sipping tea] I say. Uncouth ruffians nowadays. :P

jOhMG
Jun 22, 2012, 05:06 AM
It's cool I poisoned their tea. We don't need force at all now.

Fusioneko
Jun 22, 2012, 05:07 AM
You know as crazy as that sounds, that sounds pretty epic. (Despite how many laws are being broken. )

supersonix9
Jun 22, 2012, 05:18 AM
I think there's a decent chance. Although, I wouldn't move anyways.

njdss4
Jun 22, 2012, 05:52 AM
I think there's a decent chance. Although, I wouldn't move anyways.

I've heard about how far behind the other regions are when compared to Japan. Even if this game is released globally, it might actually be worth it to stay on the Japanese servers to have access to all the newest content. We'll have to see how it goes. Heck, we could always play both since it'll be free to play!

NoiseHERO
Jun 22, 2012, 06:05 AM
Even though there's only like 600-700 of you, compared to JP's hundreds of thousands, we probably still stick out like a sore thumb having all of these obvious foreigners crowding one spot in the game.

And we're probably bigger than whatever English PSU looked like before it died... Just looking at all the people viewing this forum alone.

VonHalford
Jun 22, 2012, 02:36 PM
Japan is only like the size of california. We can outnumber them in no time.

LatinWolf
Jun 22, 2012, 02:40 PM
doesn't matter much to me, as long as I can keep playing the JP version. heck if I make enough progress I wouldn't even bother downloading the US client.

ChronoSphere
Jun 22, 2012, 02:58 PM
Heck, we could always play both since it'll be free to play!Unless they ban all foreign IPs.... But I certainly don't want to have EU/US servers simply for the reason of what has become of earlier SEGA games outside JP. I also hate most localized voiceacting - subs please.

I think the Language option in the client could mean they plan some sort of global servers, but imho they'd have to provide some auto-translating feature like the FF MMOs have. Their flaws aside, it's still handy to have them.

Vintasticvin
Jun 22, 2012, 03:12 PM
Its not just americans and EU who wants this..... Its the whole world

Khabarakh
Jun 22, 2012, 03:50 PM
I can definitely see an international version. Either that or they'd better let us use paypal XD

Mr Champloo
Jun 22, 2012, 04:06 PM
English option is all they need to add.

Akaimizu
Jun 22, 2012, 04:09 PM
Well, a couple of hundred compared to 60000+ members (if people's reports are correct), I think the relatively small increase over the Japanese players may not exactly get anybody jumping at the idea of dealing with IPs. It definitely shows international interest when people are willing to break language barriers to play.

hbmizzle10
Jun 22, 2012, 04:21 PM
lol it may look like we need to top the Japanese members

Ryuujin13
Jun 22, 2012, 04:23 PM
Actually the only languages they really need to add are French and English. With that they are set for US and Euro.

French reason: What I have been told (by euro roommate) is that French is the go to language for euro when crossing borders. Its the neutral language, idk y but it is. Actually I think I do remember why, cause of the middle ages kings and queens...unable to recall specific details but im pretty sure thats it.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 22, 2012, 05:36 PM
Sorry but French is not needed. English is all that really counts.

Phaesphora
Jun 22, 2012, 06:15 PM
I think what's left of SoA do watch this forum, and with the level of activity we've had here (an established fan community, by example) I'm sure they know it's nothing to sniff at. Still, all they can do is make a recommendation, and hope that Finance, BizDev, and/or the execs (whoever is going to make the call) are willing to take the plunge.

At this point I'm around a 1:1 hope-to-despair ratio.

:-?