PDA

View Full Version : Share your PSO2 experience here + Questions

Sebastian & PSO
Jun 22, 2012, 12:46 AM
Thought this could be a good thread to share what information and experiences you've had with the game so far and any questions you have. How do you like the game so far? Is it living up to your expectations? What are you struggling with at the moment?

My experience with it so far is that I had so much fun creating my character (Who's a female HUnewearl) the only bad thing was that I couldn't figure out how to customize her outfit so I got stuck with the default one which still looks awesome.

I also really enjoyed the tutorial, it helped me learn all the buttons and figure out how to controll everything and I also felt like I was playing a sort of offline mode which I would love there to be.

After the tutorial is when the game got amazingly confusing. So the main Japanese girl lead my party (the two members who help you go through the tutorial) to a room with objects in each corner. I went up to all of them and pushed 'e' to access and a noise would happen but nothing else. Then I took the port to the main lobby and it was massive. I made a friend on Ship10 who helped me out for a bit but then we both couldnt figure out how to do a quest together. I went into a lift and down to another lobby which was massive and i stopped playing after an hour because I could not figure out where quests were and how to just go down to a level and fight.

So maybe if someone whos figured out everything so far could post their experience here in detail it will help others like me know where to go and how to activate quests. I also have no idea how to equpt different armours or weapons, I dont know where my inventory is and I especially don't know how to get a MAG or feed it.

I have been randomly guessing everything by just choosing the first option. I really can't wait untill an english patch has been released and this game comes to console I think it will be absolutely amazing. And I really hope it gets a PS3 and WII U release!!

JenTy
Jun 22, 2012, 12:48 AM
After remaking tons of characters, I decided to make one on ship 9, since the rest of the ships are down. Then I idled for a while. Some people started dancing, so I joined in and it was awesome. Then they left and I'm just idleing again.

Sebastian & PSO
Jun 22, 2012, 12:55 AM
As I can see by your new signiture = P Have you done any quests or managed to make it down to any levels?

Hikaru Kaneko
Jun 22, 2012, 12:56 AM
I'm someone completely new to Phantasy Star, which has made things fairly difficult. Not only is there a language barrier, but also a terminology barrier. There is a guide here that helped get me started http://bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-beta-starter-guide-for-phantasy-star-online-2/

There's still a lot of stuff I don't know and I feel like I'm missing the full picture of the game because of it. I have enjoyed what I played so far though.

JenTy
Jun 22, 2012, 12:57 AM
As I can see by your new signiture = P Have you done any quests or managed to make it down to any levels?

I'm only idleing to pass time. Still waiting on Ship 2 to open so I can make a main character there.

Sebastian & PSO
Jun 22, 2012, 01:12 AM
Hikari thank you so much for the link and like you I feel exactly the same = )

JenTy I decided to goto Ship10 just because I knew it wouldnt be full but then again there are not many westerns there.

Does anybody know how to change lobbies?

JenTy
Jun 22, 2012, 01:16 AM

JenTy I decided to goto Ship10 just because I knew it wouldnt be full but then again there are not many westerns there.

If you mean blocks, the little rooms with the green banners are used to navigate them.

Dan Maku
Jun 22, 2012, 01:16 AM

On either side of the space gate and quest counters, there is an elevator where you can change blocks.