PDA

View Full Version : So if US Doesnt get a release...

STharuko
Jun 22, 2012, 02:50 AM
would the community make a FULL english patch that would cover the entire game?
havnt been here in ages so just curious.

as in items shops everything written in JP

Fujiko
Jun 22, 2012, 02:55 AM
Items are server side, they cannot be translated in-game. So a full translation can never happen, if/once the encryption is broken.

STharuko
Jun 22, 2012, 02:58 AM
ok but stats and descrip would show english right?

if the only thing left in jp is items thats fine. translate it yourself or w/e sounds good

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 22, 2012, 03:01 AM
I doubt they would bother translating the story either XD

Fujiko
Jun 22, 2012, 03:01 AM
Description or stats on the items themselves can't be translated, all server side stuff.

Stats on the weapons are just numbers anyway, easy to figure out.

Story stuff also cannot be translated if I remember correctly.

ZeroRageX
Jun 22, 2012, 03:02 AM
Given the huge amount of support that the game has received so far from the English community, I'm quite sure that Sega has taken notice and will start to consider an official English release. Another way for them to take an even bigger notice would be by spending money (if you have it) in the AC shop. That way they see that it not only has interest, but can also be profitable for them.

Personally, I think they should just release a patch to allow for Japanese or English text. By the time that it would be localized, most players will have become established on the current servers and will be less likely to start from scratch on a new server; not to mention the total loss of any money put forth into the AC shop

Masou
Jun 22, 2012, 03:06 AM
Given the huge amount of support that the game has received so far from the English community, I'm quite sure that Sega has taken notice and will start to consider an official English release. Another way for them to take an even bigger notice would be by spending money (if you have it) in the AC shop. That way they see that it not only has interest, but can also be profitable for them.

Personally, I think they should just release a patch to allow for Japanese or English text. By the time that it would be localized, most players will have become established on the current servers and will be less likely to start from scratch on a new server; not to mention the total loss of any money put forth into the AC shop

I honestly doubt SoJ cares even the tiniest bit about their english speaking community

Finalzone
Jun 22, 2012, 04:10 AM
I honestly doubt SoJ cares even the tiniest bit about their english speaking community

Actually, SoJ does as Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown released worldwide in digital format for both Xbox and PS3 demonstrated. Think Japanese release as guinea pig so most crucial bugs will be ironed out.

TheKin
Jun 22, 2012, 04:27 AM
A US release is inevitable in The Kin's opinion. In the market nowadays with games like this, global is better. If they choose to translate rather than localize, a global release will be massive profits. The thing is, virtual items have 0 creation costs so everything bought / charged is pure profit for the most part once the original expense has been covered, which if the Japan release is anything to show, that probably will be covered reaaaaaaaaaaal fast.

Seriously their servers were hammered so hard it was ridiculous. Lag everywhere. (The Kin was online at the time the game went live.) Ships filled up very fast, and with all the blocks on each ship, you have to think that the capacity the ships have probably far surpasses the old limit they used to have on the older games.

Honestly, SEGA would be a fool not to expand their market to global capacity and reap in any profits. The code is already written and hiring some voice actors to localize or simply translating, either one would bring in an immense amount of profits. This is literally one of the best looking F2P games The Kin has seen, and that's saying a lot with all the games The Kin has played.

supersonix9
Jun 22, 2012, 04:29 AM
So if US Doesnt get a release...
Then there won't be a US server.

Ifrian-x
Jun 22, 2012, 04:30 AM
Sega Europe registered pso2.com this winter and there is a language option in the menu.
I think it is obvious that it´s getting translated to English.

And i highly doubt US players won´t be able to join EU´s

Vylera
Jun 22, 2012, 04:37 AM
Confirmed worlwide launches of PSO2, but their timeframe is unknown.

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-global-concerns-alpha-test-status-report/

Ryuujin13
Jun 22, 2012, 04:39 AM
Then there won't be a US server.

Nope. We will just take over the jp server. :ak:

Fusioneko
Jun 22, 2012, 04:45 AM
.. Really I think everyone is getting waaay to excited over this. Localization not needed, just translated text, don't need the voices. After all, if you have paid attention to games like REccetear, and a few others, which kept the original voices. It was to maintain the humour, and the comedy of the game, as well as save on a large number of expenses.

But I like to keep that voices there, cause of the fact it's culture. (Besides all any of us care for is options/interface translations) the story doesn't matter too much at the moment, if we want the story.. We'll all pickup japanese, and shove it down our throats.

Ryuujin13
Jun 22, 2012, 04:51 AM
.. Really I think everyone is getting waaay to excited over this. Localization not needed, just translated text, don't need the voices. After all, if you have paid attention to games like REccetear, and a few others, which kept the original voices. It was to maintain the humour, and the comedy of the game, as well as save on a large number of expenses.

But I like to keep that voices there, cause of the fact it's culture. (Besides all any of us care for is options/interface translations) the story doesn't matter too much at the moment, if we want the story.. We'll all pickup japanese, and shove it down our throats.

Actually a lot of us here want a international server and not a localized server per country. FFXI was an international server and it worked marvelously. They even had a translation function built in that allowed players to communicate in game phrases.

ZIE creations
Jun 22, 2012, 04:51 AM
I honestly just want them to make the Japanese server international. I'm kind of tired of everyone being split up by region specific servers. I don't believe it's too hard to make a language switch, they don't even need more then Japanese and English right now either.. (sorry non-english and non-japanese speakers)

Vylera
Jun 22, 2012, 04:52 AM
It's been said that a full translation isn't possible on server-sided information.

Look, let's be honest. The game is completely playable without a cent of English.

Story & quest dialogues supposedly can't be translated, and that's the only text and dialogue that's important.

No one's forcing you to play a localized version when it comes out.

mousel
Jun 22, 2012, 04:57 AM

Actually, I AM interested in the story, and I'd rather not have the Japanese shoved down my throat, thanks.

Aside from that, I agree. All they need is a translation (including story!) and servers that can handle the large number of people who will be connecting from all over the world.

The translations wouldn't be difficult - the servers would be the only issue, going by what we've seen so far.

NoiseHERO
Jun 22, 2012, 05:01 AM
It's been said that a full translation isn't possible on server-sided information.

Look, let's be honest. The game is completely playable without a cent of English.

Story & quest dialogues supposedly can't be translated, and that's the only text and dialogue that's important.

No one's forcing you to play a localized version when it comes out.

No one's gonna listen.

I'm also not so sure why everyone is so desperate for english patch training wheels.

At some point it'll probably just become more annoying to keep it on, that it would be to just memorize a few important menus.

The only thing really slowing me down are the quests. And that's only because I don't feel like researching them, let alone actually doing most of them, since they're not THAT important.

Fusioneko
Jun 22, 2012, 05:03 AM
Actually a lot of us here want a international server and not a localized server per country. FFXI was an international server and it worked marvelously. They even had a translation function built in that allowed players to communicate in game phrases.

I'm all for that. To me it would also save SEGA money too, less servers, just needing better hardware/setup. I've play FFXI a little bit (I never liked the game) But I admit they had the right idea.

Graven
Jun 22, 2012, 05:05 AM
I honestly just want them to make the Japanese server international. I'm kind of tired of everyone being split up by region specific servers. I don't believe it's too hard to make a language switch, they don't even need more then Japanese and English right now either.. (sorry non-english and non-japanese speakers)

This is my exact same idea.

Put english language option in the JP servers and it's done, JP server is now global, don't even need to change the VA, just give me the texts...since there is no IP block and stuff. Someone should tweet Sega about this.

Vylera
Jun 22, 2012, 05:08 AM
No one's gonna listen.

I'm also not so sure why everyone is so desperate for english patch training wheels.

At some point it'll probably just become more annoying to keep it on, that it would be to just memorize a few important menus.

The only thing really slowing me down are the quests. And that's only because I don't feel like researching them, let alone actually doing most of them, since they're not THAT important.

If by quests you mean matter board,

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/#koffee

TheKin
Jun 22, 2012, 05:09 AM
Honestly, The Kin agrees with international servers. It was amazing how stable their server really was. The Kin imagined that with them being based in Japan, latency would be an issue (It most certainly was in the RaiderZ alpha as dodging and such was difficult due to the latency requiring different timings. You could dodge and still be hit etc.)

But on here, it seems to run incredibly smooth. Granted there are lag spikes every once in a while, But The Kin believes that to be the overpopulation and stress load on the servers rather than the latency itself.

FFXI was the same way and it worked flawlessly as well. Communicate, not segregate. :3

Inaruna
Jun 22, 2012, 05:15 AM
I honestly just want them to make the Japanese server international. I'm kind of tired of everyone being split up by region specific servers. I don't believe it's too hard to make a language switch, they don't even need more then Japanese and English right now either.. (sorry non-english and non-japanese speakers)If only things would end up being this simple.

NoiseHERO
Jun 22, 2012, 05:27 AM
If by quests you mean matter board,

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/#koffee

I mean the client order quests, The matterboard if anything is a little more straight forward.

Also I'm the last person that needs to be linked to ric's blog! 8D