PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Need some help

NoticedEnigma
Jun 22, 2012, 03:07 AM
So long story short, I downloaded the beta materials from the main website, I ran the setup like it said and I sat thru the huge 3.3 Gb download as well, now when I try to load the game up it seems like its going to start but the logo pops up in the middle and sits for a few seconds, then nothing... Was wondering if someone could maybe walk me through the dl process or something? I realllllllllly want to play this game and I cant :-(

DreXxiN
Jun 22, 2012, 03:15 AM
This really sounds like you need Graphics driver updates, DirectX updates, Running as Administrator, allowing PSO2 access from the firewall, etc...kind of problem. Try all of those. (I'm assuming you're implying it's stalling at the splash.)

NoticedEnigma
Jun 22, 2012, 03:25 AM
I have DirectX and my graphic Driver updated as for firewalls and stuff like that i have no idea, another thing I didnt mention, when ever I try to launch the pso2launcher.exe it tells me something is wrong with the pso2updater.exe, not sure what though cause its all in japanese.

And when I click game start from that menu I get the 3 loading bars bars one and 2 move at a slow rate and the 3rd bar doesnt move at all, is the 3rd bar not supposed to move?

zgnumu
Jun 22, 2012, 03:37 AM
The first bar is total completion. The second bar down is download completion. The third bar is install completion, so that one shouldn't start filling until the download is complete. The download is just big and slow (on Sega's end) so expect it to take a while.

Itsuki
Jun 22, 2012, 03:42 AM
That is the update screen, when the 3rd bar fills, its finished updating. It will eventually move.

NoticedEnigma
Jun 22, 2012, 03:57 AM
yeah but it tells me something is wrong with my pso2updater.exe and when the first 2 bars are done it stops loading and some japanese text pops up.

zgnumu
Jun 22, 2012, 04:02 AM
Post a screenshot, and I shall translate.

NoticedEnigma
Jun 22, 2012, 04:09 AM
I've never taken a screenshot, wouldnt I need a capture card? I dont have one of those.

DeathByPogs
Jun 22, 2012, 04:12 AM
hit the print screen button, go to microsoft paint and click edit->paste, then save it to your desktop and upload it somewhere (facebook) then link to it.

NoticedEnigma
Jun 22, 2012, 04:15 AM
k, ill need some time however.

wth? The files somehow corrupted themselves in the past 10 minutes since I last tried to access them -_- great, guess I'll wipe them and sit through another 6 hour download

All right, I redownloaded the files and Im trying to activate the launcher and its still saying something is wrong with the pso2updater.exe but I cant read it to know whats wrong.

NoticedEnigma
Jun 22, 2012, 08:20 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=198343260291127&set=a.198343253624461.41534.100003463635010&type=3&theater

This is what is says whenever I try to boot up the launcher.

ChronoSphere
Jun 22, 2012, 08:26 AM
Seems like it cannot update your pso2launcher because of an access problem. Did you install it into c:\program files? If yes, you have to run pso as admin, rightclick on the shortcut and select "run as administrator"

edit: "pso2launcher.exe update cancelled. Cannot update the file." is what it says.

NoticedEnigma
Jun 22, 2012, 08:33 AM
What, right click on the launcher or the updater.exe itself? Cause whenever I try to right click pso2updater.exe and run as admin it crashes instantly.

ChronoSphere
Jun 22, 2012, 08:36 AM
you have to start the pso2launcher.exe, not the updater. It's protected against being run directly, just like the game

NoticedEnigma
Jun 22, 2012, 08:42 AM
I have the launcher on both my desktop and in my c:/ programs folder i ran both and both still give me the same message, do you have any idea of what may be causing this?

ChronoSphere
Jun 22, 2012, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure. What is your OS?
If you're on XP, you need the asian language pack, installed from control panel -> regional settings -> advanced tab (afair)

You will probably have to reinstall the game in that case, just to make sure the files are named as they should on your hdd.

Josh_Kain
Jun 22, 2012, 09:42 AM
If you're on XP, you need the asian language pack, installed from control panel -> regional settings -> advanced tab (afair)

You will probably have to reinstall the game in that case, just to make sure the files are named as they should on your hdd.

Could this also be why setup.exe (The file that comes with 2 .bin files when the downloader is complete) refuses to load on my XP machine?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196158

I keep wondering if perhaps my problem is due to my default regional settings.

NoticedEnigma
Jun 22, 2012, 05:57 PM
I'm using windows vista. And I'll try reinstalling the game and seeing what happens but I doubt it will change anything..

Edit: I wiped all data AGAIN and re-downloaded the game AGAIN, and when I boot up the launcher it still gives me the same message. I think I'm going to just forget it and just play it when its released, haven't been this stressed out since final exams lol