PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Gunblade questions.

Gybzy
Jun 22, 2012, 03:34 AM
Heya, so I'm completely new to the game and was wondering if I should go with hunter, or ranger for gunblades? And which skills?

Also keep in mind, that I'm more into the pew pew side of gunblade instead of just... swinging it around as a sword xD

and a small side question; I can't figure out for the life of me how to trade between players. If someone could tell me, it'd be much appreciated :razz:

TheAstarion
Jun 22, 2012, 06:51 AM
Trading is a premium function for premium users. Dunno if you can even spend AC yet, so no trading basically.

As for the gunblade... They equip based on your ranged stat, so rangers will be able to equip the higher ranked ones earlier. I don't, however, know what stat is used for damage. Guessing striking for slashy style, ranged for gunny style, but no clue about the PAs which seem to use both styles.

I've had fun with a Force, using the gunblade as a primary weapon and putting spells on the item menu. You can use spells that way with no TP bonus from a rod/card weapon, put your weapon away and basically cast barehanded. The sheath/draw actions for the weapon are instant so there's no other disadvantage to this. It'll be a pretty gimped way to go through the game, but for now it's fun!

Gybzy
Jun 22, 2012, 08:15 AM
I see :p

thank you!

renrinken
Jun 24, 2012, 02:20 PM
As for the gunblade... They equip based on your ranged stat

This doesn't seem to be true, not only is equip require ment Strike, but also its stats only rise Striking. I testing it quite a bit and I expect that it will have a giant damage fall off endgame unless range damage has a striking augment.

Its a shame to, Gunblade has some pretty awesome looking range PAs

goombazoid
Jun 25, 2012, 01:33 PM
This doesn't seem to be true, not only is equip require ment Strike, but also its stats only rise Striking. I testing it quite a bit and I expect that it will have a giant damage fall off endgame unless range damage has a striking augment.

Its a shame to, Gunblade has some pretty awesome looking range PAs

Some gunblades raise your ranged stat as well as your striking stat.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/PR31W.png[/spoiler-box]