PDA

View Full Version : Everyone prepare - Emergency patch soon, investigation on server expansion.

Yurai
Jun 22, 2012, 03:41 AM
Twitter says they're investigating options for expanding server capacity, and will have a maintenance.

【『PSO2』OBT緊急サーバーメンテナンスのお知らせ】キャラクター上限数の拡張、通信遅延に対する調 査対応のため、2012年6月22日(金) 18:00~19:00にて緊急サーバーメンテナンスを行います。皆様にはご迷惑をおかけしますことをお詫 びいたします。 #PSO2

【『PSO2』OBT緊急サーバーメンテナンスのお知らせ】各シップのキャラクター作成上限数の拡張、通信 遅延の調査対応のため、2012年6月22日(金) 18:00~19:00にて緊急サーバーメンテナンスを行います。皆様にはご迷惑をおかけしますことをお詫 びいたします。 #PSO2

thepspgamer
Jun 22, 2012, 03:43 AM
this is great news, should mean that all the ships open up again :)

BIG OLAF
Jun 22, 2012, 03:43 AM
They better fix all those client order bugs.

nightmesh
Jun 22, 2012, 03:45 AM
So do we wait an hour or what? Est Time.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jun 22, 2012, 03:46 AM
So that's why I got disconnected. anyway. I hope they get the problems cleared up.

mousel
Jun 22, 2012, 03:52 AM

They better fix the lag so we can actually complete client orders too.

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 03:54 AM
The maintenance starts in 5 minutes.

darkante
Jun 22, 2012, 03:55 AM
Agreed, were just about to do the Free field klient mission which i assumed unlocked caves afterwords.

nightmesh
Jun 22, 2012, 03:57 AM
The maintenance starts in 5 minutes.
So it would end at 5 am forum time?

Edit:I meant 6 am. XD

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 03:59 AM
It would end an hour after that. An hour in Japan is an hour everywhere else. Unless maintenance is extended, then I can't say.

Arika
Jun 22, 2012, 04:02 AM
Agreed, were just about to do the Free field klient mission which i assumed unlocked caves afterwords.

You need to clear the free field mission once first then receive a client order to speed run it. After that then you unlock cave.

Same happen to the condition to unlock desert.

VonHalford
Jun 22, 2012, 04:03 AM
aw :( I just got here

SELENNA
Jun 22, 2012, 04:04 AM
The whole "you need to unlock zones by completing client orders" is utter bullshit and very bad design though. Just let us access the zones and get our asses kicked if we are low level. I just don't get why they want us to complete very, very boring fetch quests in order to achieve so.

Back on topic, the maintenance was needed, the lag was unbearable.

Vent
Jun 22, 2012, 04:05 AM

Which client orders are bugged? I haven't noticed anything that's needs to be fixed at the moment.

...on second thought. I added a shortcut key for Friendlist, but the game refuses to change my settings. It displays that the change is saved successfully if I go into options, but the F-key is still Weapon Palette and the C-key is still nothing while I set it to Client Order Window.

By the way, does anyone remember how to switch to support palette when you have your weapon palette up? I remember you needed to push something. I tried everything that came to mind, but didn't manage to find it.

Finalzone
Jun 22, 2012, 04:05 AM
Indeed, I just got Emergency: Code Patch

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 22, 2012, 04:06 AM

what kind of bugs are you talking about? i got through them all fine :s

nightmesh
Jun 22, 2012, 04:06 AM
The whole "you need to unlock zones by completing client orders" is utter bullshit and very bad design though. Just let us access the zones and get our asses kicked if we are low level. I just don't get why they want us to complete very, very boring fetch quests in order to achieve so.

They have to limit your progress some how. Its not the first game ever to follow this game design.

Vylera
Jun 22, 2012, 04:08 AM

Preventing people from having access to every zone at level 1 is bad game design?

Ok.

Yurai
They just confirmed that server capacity will be increased after the maintenance.

今回のメンテナンスでは各シップのキャラクター作成数上限を拡張いたします。ただし、同時接続数は変更あり ませんので、満員の場合はログインできない可能性がございます。通信遅延につきましては調査対応のため本日 は改善しないと思われます。誠に申し訳ありませんがご了承ください。#PSO2

supersonix9
That's good. My friend can play now.

VonHalford
Jun 22, 2012, 04:09 AM
They have to limit your progress some how. Its not the first game ever to follow this game design.

In the first PSO you had to complete quests or fight your way through the areas boss to advance to new areas. You didn't beat the dragon until you played through the forest 10 or so times.

Scionni
Jun 22, 2012, 04:09 AM
I'm looking forward to the server maintenance. Maybe soon, Sega will start installing better hardware for their servers.

VonHalford
Jun 22, 2012, 04:10 AM
I'm looking forward to the server maintenance. Maybe soon, Sega will start installing better hardware for their servers.

What's wrong with their hardware?

BIG OLAF
Jun 22, 2012, 04:11 AM
Which client orders are bugged? I haven't noticed anything that's needs to be fixed at the moment.

what kind of bugs are you talking about? i got through them all fine :s

Yeah, maybe both of you were able to get through everything fine and dandy, but others, including myself, have run into progress-halting, game-breaking bugs that stop Koffie from completing client order rewards, or sometimes even having new ones available to do.

Refer to the thread I made (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195973) for more. It's definitely something that needs to be addressed, and soon.

CelestialBlade
Jun 22, 2012, 04:18 AM
Well once again, looks like it'll be ending RIGHT as I go to work, so, really hoping I can still get into Ship 2 by the time I get home :\

Thermalwolf
Jun 22, 2012, 04:20 AM
Sorry CB, would save you a spot if I could :/

Cyanide77
Jun 22, 2012, 04:22 AM
Well once again, looks like it'll be ending RIGHT as I go to work, so, really hoping I can still get into Ship 2 by the time I get home :\

Have someone log in for you.

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 04:22 AM
In the first PSO you had to complete quests or fight your way through the areas boss to advance to new areas. You didn't beat the dragon until you played through the forest 10 or so times.
In PSO, you could run right down to the dragon, smack him around, and then go on to the caves after a trip back to the principal without doing any of the Hunters Guild quests.

DjDragoon
Jun 22, 2012, 04:25 AM
Those were good times... A big shout out to the Mods for keeping the forums slammin' as this chaos ensues. Appreciate it. :D

Arika
Jun 22, 2012, 04:27 AM
Yeah, maybe both of you were able to get through everything fine and dandy, but others, including myself, have run into progress-halting, game-breaking bugs that stop Koffie from completing client order rewards, or sometimes even having new ones available to do.

Refer to the thread I made (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195973) for more. It's definitely something that needs to be addressed, and soon.

I never see any bug so far and I nearly at desert boss mission now. Did you make sure with all the prerequisite?
Btw, are you in ship-2? I got a promised with Amai to invite you into team lol.

moorebounce
Jun 22, 2012, 04:29 AM

I don't think they're bugs but maybe they changed the drop rates.

BIG OLAF
Jun 22, 2012, 04:30 AM
I don't think they're bugs but maybe they changed the drop rates.

....What? Read the whole thread before replying. You would see that's not at all what I was talking about.

Priest
Jun 22, 2012, 04:35 AM
....What? Read the whole thread before replying. You would see that's not at all what I was talking about.

Yes, these are definitely bugs. Every other test I played, I played the same way and never had a problem, nor heard of these problems in these numbers. I already found too many rares to reroll. My only hope is a fix of some kind.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 22, 2012, 04:36 AM
In PSO, you could run right down to the dragon, smack him around, and then go on to the caves after a trip back to the principal without doing any of the Hunters Guild quests.

I'd like to point out that the system in PSO2 is a lot like Blue Burst
You're right too, of course

Scionni
Jun 22, 2012, 04:37 AM
What's wrong with their hardware?

There's really nothing WRONG with their hardware, but in this circumstance Sega will need to upgrade their servers if they want to be able to continuously support entire ships. I think that's what will eventually happen-- this past day and the ones yet to come will eventually convince Sega to make the upgrade.

Cash202
Jun 22, 2012, 04:47 AM
It's been ages since I've been on these forums.
While the servers are down, thought I might as well ask here, is there a place to post about trades?
I have 2 rare gun-swords that I'd like to exchange for just something really, but don't want to make obnoxious posts about it and couldn't find anyone on ship10 when it was up.

Thanks ahead of time.

Scionni
Jun 22, 2012, 04:48 AM
While the servers are down, thought I might as well ask here, is there a place to post about trades?
I have 2 rare gun-swords that I'd like to exchange for just something really, but don't want to make obnoxious posts about it and couldn't find anyone on ship10 when it was up.

Thanks ahead of time.

There's a trading subforum below this one. And I'm interested in what you have to trade. Shoot me a PM to see what we could work out :)

The Master eye
Jun 22, 2012, 04:49 AM

Thanks ahead of time.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

mhjc
Jun 22, 2012, 04:49 AM

Thanks ahead of time.

Trading is for premium members only. There's no way to pay AC yet, therefore, no way to trade. You can set up a MyShop and hope someone buys it.

Eyce_Theon
Jun 22, 2012, 04:50 AM

Thanks ahead of time.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

I'd make a comment about finding this forum section and not seeing that one, but it's too pre-6 AM for me

Cash202
Jun 22, 2012, 04:53 AM
Trading is for premium members only. There's no way to pay AC yet, therefore, no way to trade. You can set up a MyShop and hope someone buys it.

Ah, that's very insightful, thank you.
Well I suppose getting some meseta for it wouldn't be bad, if anyone wants it.

I have no clue what it would be worth though. It took me 18.5k just to research one of them. I know the other one is basically the same and I'm willing to trade either one (I'd like to keep one for now). But determining worth is still difficult for something like this.

Edit: Pretty tired so forgot that Rare Items once they've been equipped are locked to the character and cannot be traded. So I can only trade the one I haven't researched yet. Not an issue to research it first before some sort of trade though, can actually customize the special effect to someone's liking.

p0ltergei5t
Jun 22, 2012, 04:56 AM
Did google translate right? Expanding maximum amount of characters per ship?

jOhMG
Jun 22, 2012, 04:57 AM
They are taking the restrictions off of creation, but not increasing the amount of people that can be on at one time.

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 04:58 AM
Did google translate right? Expanding maximum amount of characters per ship?
Maximum total. You still only get one characer but more people will be able to make characters on a ship. The downside is that the maximum number of simultaneous connections is not being raised so some people may not be able to log on.

supersonix9
Jun 22, 2012, 04:59 AM
They are taking the restrictions off of creation, but not increasing the amount of people that can be on at one time.

Wai-wai-wai-wai-wait. What? Which restrictions?

jOhMG
Jun 22, 2012, 05:00 AM
The restrictions that you currently can't create a new character on any ship until after this maintenance.

Vylera
Jun 22, 2012, 05:01 AM
Ah, that's very insightful, thank you.
Well I suppose getting some meseta for it wouldn't be bad, if anyone wants it.

I have no clue what it would be worth though. It took me 18.5k just to research one of them. I know the other one is basically the same and I'm willing to trade either one (I'd like to keep one for now). But determining worth is still difficult for something like this.

Edit: Pretty tired so forgot that Rare Items once they've been equipped are locked to the character and cannot be traded. So I can only trade the one I haven't researched yet. Not an issue to research it first before some sort of trade though, can actually customize the special effect to someone's liking.

I don't mean to continue tugging on the off-topic discussion, but did you find these rares in the forest or the volcano/caves area?

Cash202
Jun 22, 2012, 05:04 AM
I don't mean to continue tugging on the off-topic discussion, but did you find these rares in the forest or the volcano/caves area?

Caves.

Mike
Jun 22, 2012, 05:05 AM
Maintenance extended for another hour.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=96

mhjc
Jun 22, 2012, 05:06 AM
Well, they extended maintenance for another hour.

Vylera
Jun 22, 2012, 05:07 AM
Time for a bigger breakfast, then.

& Thanks Cash202.

Blackheart521
Jun 22, 2012, 05:08 AM
Maintenance extended for another hour.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=96

Oddly enough I'm happy this happened ^^

Scionni
Jun 22, 2012, 05:08 AM
I should take this god-given opportunity to perform some basic bodily functions I have been inhibited from taking care of since the game went live.

jOhMG
Jun 22, 2012, 05:12 AM
If I knew it would've been two hours I would've taken a much needed nap >.<

Oh well, hopefully I'll have no problem getting on SHIP 2 or 10 this time. Only have to delete the few hours from adventuring on 9.

Oh and is the lag that bad on 2?

Fusioneko
Jun 22, 2012, 05:17 AM
Lag isn't that bad, when it spikes up, it's a problem, but after it smooths out. It's a beautiful thing, it was solved when they capped the server/character creates. I believe.

:3

supersonix9
Jun 22, 2012, 05:17 AM
I should take this god-given opportunity to perform some basic bodily functions I have been inhibited from taking care of since the game went live.

Sounds like a good idea for me, too!

mhjc
Jun 22, 2012, 05:18 AM

Oh well, hopefully I'll have no problem getting on SHIP 2 or 10 this time. Only have to delete the few hours from adventuring on 9.

Depends on what you consider bad or hilarious.
-I've failed some emergency trials b/c couldn't get feedback from killing things.
-Rock bears that somersault and never touch the ground.

It gets very bad at some moments where you're stuck for nearly a minute or two, getting no feedback from the game. Other spikes last 5~10 seconds.

Checkmate
Jun 22, 2012, 05:19 AM

I'm on that ship too... thought I was stranded by myself over there.

PM me in here or ingame if you want to group up.

Char name: Gambit

Boodendorf
Jun 22, 2012, 05:24 AM
Hopefully, it will be worth the wei- I mean, wait.

cloudzer00
Jun 22, 2012, 05:26 AM
Hopefully, it will be worth the wei- I mean, wait.

"Those things, they take time."

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 22, 2012, 05:27 AM
Hm...this seems oddly familiar.... PSU launch! It seems they're more prepared this time however. How has the traffic been getting into your room?

NoiseHERO
Jun 22, 2012, 05:39 AM
[spoiler-box]

I think he meant in general, the average player ain't beatin the first dragon at level 1 usually they at least wander around the forest till level 10 before they're strong enough. Then you can't just run to the boss, you get all of those locked doors. Unless they were only locked in my imagination and I killed all of those monsters for no reason... Also PSO's levels are pretty linear even if they change the spawn points some times, I see no difference in spamming a PSO AREA and a PSU MISSION. Not in my Nostalgia Voided memory at least. D: [/spoiler-box]

On Topic: A friend is telling me you'll be able to make 1 character per ship after this maintenance? is she crazy and making a weird assumption? Or is it true... she makes weird assumptions a lot, a sweet girl though, she usually corrects herself.

Checkmate
Jun 22, 2012, 05:39 AM
I am still fine with what's been done so far. I haven't had any issues what-so-ever and it's still the first 24 hrs of OBT so it can only get better.

You show me a flawless MMO launch and i'll show you my pet unicorn that I have hangin out in my backyard grillin up some steaks.

Oh well, back to more MS Gundam 00 !!

Yurai
Jun 22, 2012, 05:41 AM
A unicorn that can grill steaks?? I've got to get me one of those.

jOhMG
Jun 22, 2012, 05:44 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]
I am still fine with what's been done so far. I haven't had any issues what-so-ever and it's still the first 24 hrs of OBT so it can only get better.

You show me a flawless MMO launch and i'll show you my pet unicorn that I have hangin out in my backyard grillin up some steaks.

Oh well, back to more MS Gundam 00 !!
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Show me a flawless MMO in general

riezahughes
Jun 22, 2012, 05:47 AM
I think towards the end of the day yesterday the lag started to get better. I'm on GMT so when i got back from work at 10am, i had a 10 second response time for opening a damned box. Decided to leave it for an hour or so and when i went back on, i think the number of players must have decreased, cause the lag really wasn't too bad at all. No worse than the cbt.

TDoun LMekko
Jun 22, 2012, 05:56 AM
Servers back up! Just got in.

Arika
Jun 22, 2012, 05:59 AM
Cool, logging in soon.

Hideyasu
Jun 22, 2012, 06:00 AM
Finally on ship 2! c:

Archandes
Jun 22, 2012, 06:11 AM
Maintenance already over 10 minute ago