PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 How do I S-Rank the free field?

Hakoten
Jun 22, 2012, 04:06 AM
I beat it in under 15 minutes with no deaths but end up getting C-Rank.

Do I have to kill mobs along the way?

supersonix9
Jun 22, 2012, 04:07 AM
Unfortunately, yes. I'm having an annoying time with the Free Field mission in the Caves as well, especially since there aren't too many people at that point in the game yet.

Hakoten
Jun 22, 2012, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the swift reply. Is there an estimate on how many you have to kill?

supersonix9
Jun 22, 2012, 04:09 AM
What I usually do is rush to the boss, and I only kill monsters that I find on the way. You don't have to search every nook and cranny for mobs. I don't even think that you have to kill all of the mobs, but try your best to do so.

Vylera
Jun 22, 2012, 04:47 AM
I did some experiments with this as well since I decided covering the whole map would be impossible in 15 minutes.

The rule is - if it spawns, you gotta kill it.

As long as you kill everything that spawned, you're close to guaranteed an S rank.

There does seem to be a minimum amount of monsters that need to be killed since I did have a run where i was 694/700 points when I found the absolutely quickest route (9 minute clear, part 2 was a tiny map instead of the usual big one), but it doesn't seem to be a very strict minimum kill count.

You don't have to hit rappies that get back up from the first KO.

You don't need to worry about extra monsters escaping in the instance of a Code: Attack.

TerminalMontage
Jun 22, 2012, 04:50 AM
I did some experiments with this as well since I decided covering the whole map would be impossible in 15 minutes.

As long as you kill everything that spawned, you're close to guaranteed an S rank.

There does seem to be a minimum amount of monsters that need to be killed since I did have a run where i was 694/700 points when I found the absolutely quickest route (9 minute clear, part 2 was a tiny map instead of the usual big one), but it doesn't seem to be a very strict minimum kill count.

You don't have to hit rappies that get back up from the first KO.

You don't need to worry about extra monsters escaping in the instance of a Code: Attack.

This guy is correct, game should specify how to get S Ranks though. It's funny, cause I got an S rank on every single quest until this one, took me 3 tries to get it right.

Scionni
Jun 22, 2012, 04:55 AM
Unfortunately, yes. I'm having an annoying time with the Free Field mission in the Caves as well, especially since there aren't too many people at that point in the game yet.

I'm currently on that quest if you'd like to meet up when the servers go back up.

supersonix9
Jun 22, 2012, 05:00 AM
I'm currently on that quest if you'd like to meet up when the servers go back up.

That would be wonderful good sir! Block 20, meet me near Lisa.

AlMcFly
Jun 22, 2012, 05:00 AM

I disagree. Try this:

Run straight to the exit of every area. In every area there will be one medium-to-large spawn right before the exit. Kill only that. Do the same thing in the next area. There are three different zones in the free field. That should be enough to net an S-Rank on the quest.

If that for some reason doesn't work, move up a single mob per area until it does work. Good luck :)

Fusioneko
Jun 22, 2012, 05:02 AM
Find a group of people to play with, carry them along. It helps, there's also the luck faster, and how well coordinated with your group you are, we got to the boss at 4 minutes in, killed things, the area was populated as well.

It was great. I'd be glad to help you, if you need it. (Assuming you be on ship 2)

Scionni
Jun 22, 2012, 05:03 AM
That would be wonderful good sir! Block 20, meet me near Lisa.

Will do! See you when the servers are up :)

catwat
Jun 22, 2012, 05:04 AM
You could also skip the first level entirely and progress normal through the second one. Once you find the boss entrance check your time and keep for example 5 minutes for the bossfight. Go mess around with monsters for the rest of what you got. This should give you an S-Rank for sure because you really dont need that much kills. It is also pretty save especially when you are doing caves. The emergency codes with the gates or the prison can really screw you up on that client order.