PDA

View Full Version : Skill Question for Rangers

Leica
Jun 22, 2012, 07:23 AM
I have a few questions regarding "Weak Bullet." While I understand that it creates a weak point in a monster, what exactly increases as you level it up? Duration, damage, percentage of debuff?

I know that Weak Hit Advance increases damage on weak points, so would a ranger have more damage focusing on Weak Hit Advance 1+2 or Weak Bullet?

Blackheart521
Jun 22, 2012, 07:25 AM
I'm pretty sure it's duration, cooldown reduction, and amount of weak bullets per activation ^^

Leica
Jun 22, 2012, 07:27 AM
I'm pretty sure it's duration, cooldown reduction, and amount of weak bullets per activation ^^

Thank you :] Do you know what's the benefit of having more weak bullets per activation?

Blackheart521
Jun 22, 2012, 07:31 AM
On a situational basis, it is more useful in a party, but if you hit the wrong spot it gives you more shots to fix that mistake or you could get many enemies/areas on a boss so that your teammates have an easier time hit the newly made weak points on the enemy ^^

Leica
Jun 22, 2012, 07:37 AM
On a situational basis, it is more useful in a party, but if you hit the wrong spot it gives you more shots to fix that mistake or you could get many enemies/areas on a boss so that your teammates have an easier time hit the newly made weak points on the enemy ^^

Ah okay. I'm assuming firing multiple weak bullets on one spot has no additional effect? It's a one-time effect with a fixed debuff?

Lol sorry for so many questions but do you know what the level 1 duration / cooldown is like? Is it just one shot?

TierrenZX
Jun 22, 2012, 08:27 AM
Ah okay. I'm assuming firing multiple weak bullets on one spot has no additional effect? It's a one-time effect with a fixed debuff?

Lol sorry for so many questions but do you know what the level 1 duration / cooldown is like? Is it just one shot?

Way too long. It is one shot and takes about 70-80 seconds to cooldown. Throughout the Rockbear boss fight solo, I was able to use it twice (or thrice depending on how many times he wanted to spam his spinning jump attack).

Leica
Jun 22, 2012, 09:19 AM
Way too long. It is one shot and takes about 70-80 seconds to cooldown. Throughout the Rockbear boss fight solo, I was able to use it twice (or thrice depending on how many times he wanted to spam his spinning jump attack).

Thanks! So I assume duration is about as long as cooldown?

Blackheart521
Jun 22, 2012, 09:21 AM
No, duration is a fraction of cooldown like 10 seconds, but it goes up as you level obviously ^^;

Leica
Jun 22, 2012, 09:23 AM
No, duration is a fraction of cooldown like 10 seconds, but it goes up as you level obviously ^^;

xD Lol, yeah, I was just curious about how the first level of the skill was. Thanks a bunch!

kdrakari
Jun 22, 2012, 10:23 AM
I never saw anything indicating that the duration increased as you level, only the number of shots and the cooldown changed. Also, you cannot weak shot multiple areas on the same enemy.

Leica
Jun 22, 2012, 12:33 PM
Anybody want to offer a third opinion to clear this up? XD

Selvaria
Jun 22, 2012, 06:41 PM
I would love to find this out as well, since it would change my whole build plans.

Can anyone test to see if it adds duration?

Leica
Jun 23, 2012, 04:21 PM
There's an extra symbol added to the skill description at level 2. I have no idea what this is.

Selvaria
Jun 23, 2012, 08:42 PM
I've been hoarding my sp <.< not willing to waste it on something potentially useless.

Alenoir
Jun 23, 2012, 09:01 PM
Weak Bullet starts at 120 seconds cool down for Lv1, goes down by 6 seconds for every level. At max level the cool down is 60 seconds.

You go from 1 shot to 2 shots when you get the skill to Lv3. I'm gonna assume you get 3 shots once it reaches Lv6. (I only have it at Lv4 at the moment and no where near a level up.)

Duration seems to be the same, but I haven't paid attention.

Selvaria
Jun 23, 2012, 10:04 PM
D:! Quite a choice to make then. Hard to decide if it's better to max it or get it to 6 and put the rest into weak hit.

Scrub
Jun 23, 2012, 10:07 PM
Pretty sure if you hit multiple Weak Bullets in the same area they stack for even more increased damage.

Selvaria
Jun 23, 2012, 10:08 PM
Pretty sure if you hit multiple Weak Bullets in the same area they stack for even more increased damage.

I would -love- to have this confirmed, but it's my first time hearing of that.

Mike
Jun 23, 2012, 10:53 PM

They don't. One enemy can only have a single weak bullet damage point on it at once.

Leica
Jun 23, 2012, 10:57 PM
They don't. One enemy can only have a single weak bullet damage point on it at once.

Thanks! Also, do you know if duration increases on level up?

Mike
Jun 23, 2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks! Also, do you know if duration increases on level up?
It doesn't. Leveling up the skill increases the number of bullets (to a max of 4) and decreases the cooldown time (to 90 seconds at 10). That's it.

Leica
Jun 23, 2012, 11:02 PM
It doesn't. Leveling up the skill increases the number of bullets (to a max of 4) and decreases the cooldown time (to 90 seconds at 10). That's it.

Sweet! Thank you so much. Thread is done :D

Selvaria
Jun 23, 2012, 11:08 PM
Is the base cooldown 180s then? This leaves me with 2 possible builds that I'm torn over lol.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEGQqAik6

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?00RA!IEqDsNih6

Any thoughts/suggestions on what would be the better boss killer?

Mike
Jun 23, 2012, 11:36 PM
Is the base cooldown 180s then? This leaves me with 2 possible builds that I'm torn over lol.
Cooldown at level 1 is 120 seconds.

Rizen
Jun 24, 2012, 12:56 AM
Personally, I'd say all Ranger should aim for lv 10 Weak Bullet. I swear, the damage you do after slapping on one stack is ridiculous. I was able to do a volley of 110+ dmg on a weak spot with normal shots on my rifle which normally did 20~30.

I wanted to try a Sniper Shot, but my targets all die before I try. :(

Vylera
Jun 24, 2012, 01:03 AM
I have yet to obtain weak bullet myself. My question is, how do you use it? Does it become a PA that you can assign to your assault rifle?

Excuse the noob question.

Selvaria
Jun 24, 2012, 01:11 AM
I have yet to obtain weak bullet myself. My question is, how do you use it? Does it become a PA that you can assign to your assault rifle?

You put it in your item quickslot bar like a healing item and use it that way with an assault rifle.

The problem I have with weak bullet upgrades is the only useful thing you gain is a cooldown reduction. As far as I know, the extra shots only help if you miss the first one.

Dium
Jun 24, 2012, 01:12 AM

It's not like a PA. You assign them to the 1-0 bar at the bottom. When you press it, your next regular attack shot will be a single weak bullet. You shoot one at a time until you are out.

The problem I have with weak bullet upgrades is the only useful thing you gain is a cooldown reduction. As far as I know, the extra shots only help if you miss the first one.

You can shoot more enemies more often. It helps to shoot some of the regular enemies sauntering around after you get the boss weak shot off. Otherwise, just yell yeehaw and fire into the sky.

Vylera
Jun 24, 2012, 01:13 AM
Excellent, thanks.

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 24, 2012, 01:19 AM
Yes, as others said, leveling it only lowers the cool down of the skill and raises the number of shots you have per use.

There are some flaws I see in this though that make me wonder if I should have leveled it up to six.

For one, you do not have access to your regular hits to build just shots off of for your skill hits. I know that doesn't seem like much, but I find it terribly annoying. D;
That's like 20% damage being missed out on for a fair portion of your hits. :/ Not to mention, once you run out of PP, you are pretty much done on your damage as by the time it gets back to full, you are in need to mark the weak point again.

I just think it would be nice if you could switch between your regular fire and your weak bullets; would make a whole lot more practical and worthwhile to level up.

The other thing is, if you switch weapons you lose you other rounds. This means you can only get around the no regular fire to build just shots off of until the last round, les you waste your other shots.

Anyhow, it just is starting to seem to me that leaving weak bullet at one and getting weak advance two a higher level may be more useful in a fair amount of situations. >w<
But then again, I like to solo things every now and then which puts me at a different perspective.

Leveling up weak bullet will likely prove worthwhile if you find yourself partying a lot and if you like the role of team support.

A trick to get around the no just attack built ups from regular fire though would be to use the weak bullet fired to run a just attack PA off of. Just takes some skill and if you try to rush it you may end up missing your weak attack mark which is kind of a waste. D;

Vylera
Jun 24, 2012, 01:24 AM
Anyhow, it just is starting to seem to me that leaving weak bullet at one and getting weak advance two a higher level may be more useful in a fair amount of situations. >w<
But then again, I like to solo things every now and then which puts me at a different perspective.

I was thinking the same thing. Why not just level up the ability to ALWAYS do more damage to their existing weak spot rather than burst every 1.5-2 minutes?

Most of the best weak spots are out of a hunter's convenient range anyway (head).

Geistritter
Jun 24, 2012, 01:37 AM
It's such a ridiculously massive amount of damage that it's silly not to do it, is why. With all of the timed quests in this game, as well as the periods major bosses will reveal their default weak points, there's no good reason not to exploit an opening and deal a pile of damage.

Besides, the two skills go hand-in-hand, because once you've created the weak point, the damage from Weak Hit then comes into play. Deciding between the two is just hurting you and whoever is stuck with you.

As for the extra bullet(s), you can just turn around and fire into a wall if you have nothing better to hit. I personally like it best at level 3, which gives me room to miss, or tag two meatier-than-usual targets. I'll level it up later just for the cooldown, though, once I have more utility skills at my disposal.

JeyKama
Jun 24, 2012, 01:42 AM
You only regen extra PP when you hit a target, no?

Personally I like rank 3 Weak Bullet - lets me tag a mob with one hit, then unload all my PP on it, then tag it with the second shot and do extra damage while I rejuv.

Assuming I don't miss anyway orz

Selvaria
Jun 24, 2012, 01:48 AM
If you only shoot one bullet out of say, 4, how much time do you have left to shoot the other bullets? Surely it doesn't let you space out shots for 40 seconds of weakspot?

My current plan is to max weak hit/advance. I like a constant damage boost.

JeyKama
Jun 24, 2012, 03:28 AM
The stacks remain for the entire cooldown, so yes you could potentially stack 40 seconds of weakness. I don't really see myself sitting around waiting for natural PP regen though.

I'm also not convinced Weak Hit Advance works on any 'weak point' or just the targeted ones from Weak Bullet, so maxing it might not be the best bang for your buck unless you run with multiple rangers.

Selvaria
Jun 24, 2012, 04:20 AM
It would certainly be odd if they only worked with weak bullet. I doubt they would add a passive tree just for one ability.

It's a shame we don't have testing yet, I only used enough points to get weak bullet so far thankfully.

kdrakari
Jun 24, 2012, 10:06 AM
One strategy I heard that made higher levels for weak bullet seem useful was if you're running a party against a boss with a weak point that is normally hidden unless you do enough damage to some other part of the body. For example, on Dark Ragne you could Weak Shot the leg and let everybody pummel it so he goes down fast, then immediately be able to switch to the head thing when he falls.

dilakri87
Jun 24, 2012, 10:36 AM
What I will do is level Weak Bullet until it has 3 loads.

Reason, I can weak shot, let party do damage and weakshot again. Also if I happen to miss the weakspot, I still got another 2 left.

And I noticed aswell when you use your first load, the cooldown timer starts. So i can weak shot again pretty soon if all 3 are unloaded, and if the boss still lives :P

Vylera
Jun 24, 2012, 10:42 AM
It's such a ridiculously massive amount of damage that it's silly not to do it, is why. With all of the timed quests in this game, as well as the periods major bosses will reveal their default weak points, there's no good reason not to exploit an opening and deal a pile of damage.

Besides, the two skills go hand-in-hand, because once you've created the weak point, the damage from Weak Hit then comes into play. Deciding between the two is just hurting you and whoever is stuck with you.

As for the extra bullet(s), you can just turn around and fire into a wall if you have nothing better to hit. I personally like it best at level 3, which gives me room to miss, or tag two meatier-than-usual targets. I'll level it up later just for the cooldown, though, once I have more utility skills at my disposal.

Well the fact that the extra weak shot bullets inhibit your damage output is the concern I'm trying to address.

The #1 question I have is, after shooting weak bullet, can you switch to another gun and target the weak point you created? Or does weak bullet's effect end once you change guns?

I haven't seen anyone suggesting "Oh, just fire a shot, switch to gunslash, and switch back 10 seconds later," which is why I ask.

dilakri87
Jun 24, 2012, 10:49 AM
Well the fact that the extra weak shot bullets inhibit your damage output is the concern I'm trying to address.

The #1 question I have is, after shooting weak bullet, can you switch to another gun and target the weak point you created? Or does weak bullet's effect end once you change guns?

I haven't seen anyone suggesting "Oh, just fire a shot, switch to gunslash, and switch back 10 seconds later," which is why I ask.

Your weakspot will remain till its gone. However if you had lets say 2 loads left and you switch, your remaining loads will be gone.

Vylera
Jun 24, 2012, 11:00 AM
Your weakspot will remain till its gone. However if you had lets say 2 loads left and you switch, your remaining loads will be gone.

I guess it would be ridiculously OP to get 40 seconds of non-stop firing on a weak-spot.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to keep mine at level 1 and go for upping my ranged damage.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 24, 2012, 11:30 AM
how many SP do you need to spend to get extra bullets?
is it every 3 SP you get an exta bullet?

aduran
Jun 24, 2012, 01:02 PM
how do i use the weakbullet i dont know

ShadowsCrush
Jun 24, 2012, 01:06 PM
how do i use the weakbullet i dont know

Once you have at least one point in the skill tree for it, just add it to your regular skill bar / potion bar

aduran
Jun 24, 2012, 01:09 PM
Once you have at least one point in the skill tree for it, just add it to your regular skill bar / potion bar

Thank you so much. :)

Selvaria
Jun 25, 2012, 06:31 PM
I ran into one ranger who spaced their weak bullets out, and it helped a lot on bosses, but their damage was quite low.

Has increasing Weak Hit/Advance made any noticeable difference in damage to regular weak points (not weak bullet points)?

Mike
Jun 25, 2012, 08:41 PM
how many SP do you need to spend to get extra bullets?
is it every 3 SP you get an exta bullet?
You get extra bullets at 3, 6, and 10.

I ran into one ranger who spaced their weak bullets out, and it helped a lot on bosses, but their damage was quite low.
Then they weren't using the right PAs. Sneak shooter can regularly hit for in the thousands of damage and you get to hold on to the extra bullets. One point is a bit harder to control but dishes out the punishment for a bit less PP.

Has increasing Weak Hit/Advance made any noticeable difference in damage to regular weak points (not weak bullet points)?
It works on regular weak spots but only goes up by a small percentage each level so it may not be noticable right away.