PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding PSO2 Open Beta

Raikoh Katsushiro
Jun 22, 2012, 08:26 AM
I played a bit of the pre-open beta, but I'm still pretty much new to this game and I have some questions:

1. Can I create more than 1 character? In pre-open beta, I couldn't find an option to do so.

2. How do I change classes? For example, changing from Hunter to Force. Also, is there a limit to how many times you can change or some payment fee?

3. How do I get the Bouquet Rifle I'm supposedly entitled to after doing the desert mission in pre-open beta? Are there any more bonus items we got for participating in pre-open beta? I recall seeing a rappy room decoration item in a screen where I registered for pre-open beta...

4. When does the undergoing beta end?

5. Are there more clothes aside from the ones chosen in character creation?

6. Can hunters only use blade-type weapons, rangers only gun-type weapons and forces only wand-type weapons? Do you need wand-type weapons to use techs here? Still didn't check how techs work in this game.

7. Where do you "equip" and acquire class-specific skills?

8. I noticed how the pre-open beta only had like 4 quests/missions you could undertake (unless I missed something). Is the current beta richer in content?

9. Is there an English guide for the character stats and their meaning?

10. Where do you access the item storage (assuming there is one)?

11. Is there any way to change your character's appearance after the character is created?

Thanks in advance!

DTwO
Jun 22, 2012, 09:53 AM
I have a few question too!i didnt want to make a seperate thread lol

For unlocking caves,how do i go about completing the forest level with the end boss below 15min on S Rank.i thought i had to do a emergency code atack each block but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Last question <3 Is there somewhere i can look up english translations of all or most items/weapons in game?

Thank you :3

Edge4o7
Jun 22, 2012, 09:55 AM
1. No, you have to purchase additional character slots.

The only question I know the answer to XD

Pastrygator
Jun 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
1. No, 1 character.

2. You talk to an NPC in the main ship lobby. You can do it as often and freely as you want. No strings attached. You get 1 character, but you level up each class separately.

3. Apparently you'll get an email with the code sooner or later.

4. Don't Recall

5. I think so - Someone else clarify please?

6. Yes you need a cane-type weapon to use Techs (Foie, etc) quickly (as in your mouse buttons) because non-cane/magic weapons have different skills. You can, however, assign Techs to your quickbar (1 - 0 numbers across the top of your keyboard) with Techs while using a non-cane/magic weapon. You're not strictly relegated to sword/gun types on HU/RA, but there are limitations like past PSOs. Anyways, you'd want to stick more or less to your strengths anyway, right?

7. Class specific skills from the skill trees are all passive (I think, maybe a couple exceptions here and there). I've been playing a FO, but if I'm not mistaken, the equivolent of "techs" for FOs are also learned from disks by RAs and HUs.

8. Yes.

9. More or less, yes. Search this forum and google.

10. There are stations everywhere to access it freely. You get 50 inventory slots and 200 bank slots.

11. Yes, and its free/anytime.

12. You're welcome.

(I've answered these as best I can, if I'm wrong anywhere, someone please correct me)

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 22, 2012, 11:06 AM
1. You can make a second character by having a second account.

10. you can store weapons with the first option in the inventory, second for the disk it will also display your current storage space (ex. 35/200)

You can access your storage from the cube thing everywhere in the lobby and in the ship (to withdraw)

NexusRay
Jun 22, 2012, 11:17 AM
I have a question. It keeps telling me my password is wrong. Which it might be. But I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem with this and if someone knows how I can change it. I went to the website and it kept telling me the info I entered was wrong.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 22, 2012, 11:23 AM
I have a question. It keeps telling me my password is wrong. Which it might be. But I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem with this and if someone knows how I can change it. I went to the website and it kept telling me the info I entered was wrong.

Put your username in in all lower caps and see if it works.

NexusRay
Jun 22, 2012, 11:25 AM
Put your username in in all lower caps and see if it works.

You sir, are a wizard. Thank you so much. XD

TerminalMontage
Jun 22, 2012, 11:43 AM
I got a question, how do you add someone to your friendslist without having to click them or have seen them?

Khabarakh
Jun 22, 2012, 11:52 AM
1. You can make a second character by having a second account.

Completely forgot about this >.<

Leica
Jun 22, 2012, 12:13 PM

Where do you do this?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196030

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 22, 2012, 12:35 PM
You guys sure all options are free? I see some ones that say AC

edit: somebody confirms in the thread that leica linked

Raikoh Katsushiro
Jun 22, 2012, 03:54 PM
1. No, 1 character.

2. You talk to an NPC in the main ship lobby. You can do it as often and freely as you want. No strings attached. You get 1 character, but you level up each class separately.

3. Apparently you'll get an email with the code sooner or later.

4. Don't Recall

5. I think so - Someone else clarify please?

6. Yes you need a cane-type weapon to use Techs (Foie, etc) quickly (as in your mouse buttons) because non-cane/magic weapons have different skills. You can, however, assign Techs to your quickbar (1 - 0 numbers across the top of your keyboard) with Techs while using a non-cane/magic weapon. You're not strictly relegated to sword/gun types on HU/RA, but there are limitations like past PSOs. Anyways, you'd want to stick more or less to your strengths anyway, right?

7. Class specific skills from the skill trees are all passive (I think, maybe a couple exceptions here and there). I've been playing a FO, but if I'm not mistaken, the equivolent of "techs" for FOs are also learned from disks by RAs and HUs.

8. Yes.

9. More or less, yes. Search this forum and google.

10. There are stations everywhere to access it freely. You get 50 inventory slots and 200 bank slots.

12. You're welcome.

(I've answered these as best I can, if I'm wrong anywhere, someone please correct me)

2. Can you tell me exactly where he/she is?

3. But do you know where to use code? And if there are any items aside from the weapon from desert mission?

6. What's the difference between having techs in quickbar and using them though a magic weapon? Well, in PSO I was mainly a hunter and yet I found extremely useful to use shifta and deband all the time, and resta for tough situations (and razonde to destroy boxes and tag enemies for exp, but nvm), so I'd like to know how I could use similar techs here as a hunter/ranger.

7. But how do I level up class to get them? If it isn't automatic, please tell me exactly where the NPC or menu entry is.

9. Well, if you find anything like that, please share.

10. Doesn't really answer my question about how to access it, but nevermind, someone else already answered.

11. See 10.

harm
Jun 23, 2012, 04:58 PM
Does anyone know when the open beta will end?