PDA

View Full Version : Gamepad problem

zelllambert
Jun 22, 2012, 09:10 AM
I'm having a problem with my xbox controller. I can't move my character using the left analogue stick but I can move her using the left stick but she just goes around in circles and the camera spins up and down. The rest of the buttons work however. I have tried to manually config but it hasn't seem to work. Also the auto config is greyed out.

Does anyone know what I should do?

I'm using a Modern Warfare 2 control but I have tried using a logitech control as well to no avail.

Khabarakh
Jun 22, 2012, 09:12 AM
That's really strange. I just turned on my logitech after I was in the tutorial and it worked normally. are you in dx mode or what?

ChronoSphere
Jun 22, 2012, 09:15 AM
I had something similar when I used my ps2 pad via an usb adapter, the axes (and the buttons) were somehow mapped wrong despite me remapping them correctly. I didn't have this one using a Ps3 pad, so maybe it's just buggy support for certain gamepads.

zelllambert
Jun 22, 2012, 09:18 AM
What is DX mode?

I might try the ps3 controller next.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 22, 2012, 09:21 AM
Make sure to first press up and button (it's button 2 for numbered pads) followed by left and button on the left stick when calibrating. Next it will do so for the right stick. Then make sure to leave the menu with the very left button.

Worked for me.

zelllambert
Jun 22, 2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys. It's working now. ^^