PDA

View Full Version : real money auction house

Du1337
Jun 22, 2012, 09:13 AM
I've seen it on Diablo 3.

Good idea for PSO2?

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/19504-diablo-3-real-money-auction-house-is-up-bids-already-exceeding-200/

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 22, 2012, 09:31 AM
no...in fact not just no....but hell no!..... This is the one reason I am not playing D3......

Malevolent215
Jun 22, 2012, 09:34 AM
no...in fact not just no....but hell no!..... This is the one reason I am not playing D3......

Totally agree. The RMAH is about 50% of why I quit playing D3. A RMAH is not created to help people or expand a game, it is purely implemented to make the company money.

I have plenty of spare cash and limited time to play and hunt items on PSO2, yet I am 100% against any kind of P2W RMAH.

Rauten
Jun 22, 2012, 09:40 AM
No. Go away.

Rhypht
Jun 22, 2012, 09:41 AM
I fully agree. RMAH would be the end of this game.

MediumSoda
Jun 22, 2012, 10:17 AM
RMAH = Pay 2 Win

Vintasticvin
Jun 22, 2012, 10:21 AM
And silly people would would sell for obscene amounts thinking they will get the money :p

futamieriko
Jun 22, 2012, 10:24 AM
It is not a good idea period.

Du1337
Jun 22, 2012, 10:34 AM
Lots of answers but no arguments... Haven't read any reason why it souldn't be there...

The company alrdy makes money cuz of the payers.
This way the players can make money and be rewarded for their own playtime.

If u don't want te bo rewarded for ur playtime this way, u can just choose the meseta auctionhouse. Everybody happy :)

Silly sellers, silly buyers :)

MediumSoda
Jun 22, 2012, 10:39 AM
Fine, here's an argument.
It's a well known fact that one of the easiest way to piss off your players is by giving a way for a player to basically skip any work that is needed to suceed in a game by paying. The reason so many people hate the RMAH in Diablo is because once you get to the harder dungeons, your choices are basically to grind for hours in hopes of getting good armor, or spend real money to get the better equipment. This grossly unbalances the game since a player who actually grinds and gets his equipment from drops will be largly weaker to a brand new player who simply uses real money on equipment. If an auction house uses in-game money, it's not much of a problem because you'd have to actually put work into the game to get the money to purchase items.

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 22, 2012, 10:41 AM
It's only a way for blizzard and paypal to get more rich, if you need money get a job. Games are to have fun and not make money.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 22, 2012, 11:03 AM
This is against the terms of service for PSO2.

Gama
Jun 22, 2012, 11:04 AM
i think its a stupid idea. and i hope pso2 will never get close to anything like it.

Peejay
Jun 22, 2012, 11:12 AM
Also, there's laws coming into effect that ban D3's RMAH from South Korea, which would also affect the gaming market in Japan AND here.

Rauten
Jun 22, 2012, 11:18 AM
Actually, I believe the SKorea version of D3 was already missing the RMAH because apparently it broke certain gambling laws of the country.

And no, you can't just "ignore" something like the RMAH; like it or not, it WILL have an impact on proper in-game trading if it is put into place. So no, everybody is NOT happy; which quite honestly, I think should be fairly obvious considering the responses you're getting.

Vylera
Jun 22, 2012, 11:31 AM
No.

Drops in this game are already easy enough to get.

staticflare
Jun 22, 2012, 12:31 PM
No fucking RMAH. GTFO with that shit.

The auction house is what killed D3. I don't want it screwing with PSO period.

Dunkfaced
Jun 22, 2012, 12:33 PM
*insert internet rage at the OP for asking about an idea*

staticflare
Jun 22, 2012, 12:38 PM
*insert internet rage at the OP for asking about an idea*

*A stupid worthless idea*

BIG OLAF
Jun 22, 2012, 12:40 PM
No. Go away.

This. Both parts.

Demon-
Jun 22, 2012, 12:40 PM

Pretty much what I thought too when I heard of it.

Digital Satyr
Jun 22, 2012, 12:57 PM
The auction house did not kill d3, it killed itself with poor game design and implementation of what would have otherwise made for good game play. The intent of the real money auction house was to provide a secure way for people to buy items with money because people already do this in virtually every game and are often scammed by third party sites (if you think pso never had real money involved in it, check the psobb free server details for how much rare items like a red ring or psychowand would cost you in US dollars).

While there is nothing inherently bad with a secure method of payment for people who are going to spend money on items either way, it does not seem like something pso2 needs because the game really isn't difficult enough to make buying gear a necessity like it is in d3, so there would be a very small market. In pso2, buying all the best gear would just cheat yourself out of the point of the game, which is to hunt for items with friends, causing you to quickly become bored and quit.

Khabarakh
Jun 22, 2012, 01:01 PM

Thats the one reason I AM playing D3 XD... Already made some walkin' around money =p

DoubleCannon
Jun 22, 2012, 01:29 PM
RMAH NOOO im sorry but any form of auction house must stay away from pso!! it has ruined the entire point of farming / hunting that rare you have always wanted. Just think, an auction house in general would ruin that hunt and reward feeling like omg i just effing found J-sword! oh wait theres 20 of em on auction i could have just bought it. i dunno imo just no in any way shape or form lol

Akaimizu
Jun 22, 2012, 01:32 PM
I would say this wouldn't be a good time to consider it. Wait until Blizzard irons out the kinks and then decide whether it is worth it to implement it. Some will argue poor game design and implementation, but pretty much the majority of the complaints has everything to do with concessions made for the RMAH. It fundamentally altered some game decisions.

I still like the game, as a whole, and I think there's a lot right with it; but I think with the current balancing and such they have a while to go. I'm patient. It took Diablo 2 six years to be the Diablo 2 we know and love. There were some times when people did think D2 was broken, especially multiplayer. People are passionate about Blizzard stuff because it's usually pretty darn good. When something is so close and just misses the mark, it usually gets louder shouts than something that is either too far off the mark, or manages to nail it.

Everyone knew the RMAH was an experiment before they went in with it. Blizzard felt with their experience, they'd be the best candidates to make this new thing work. I still stand by my theory that we'll have a different D3 come halfway through next year, and the maturity will do it well. Of course, it's also why I don't buy from the AH in the game. I know too many adjustments would be made and I think finds are better than spending much gold or anything on an item that may or may not retain its value. I'm not so quick to think Blizzard (all of a sudden) can't do what they've done for the last 5 games straight.

Still, let the RMAH actually go through its course, first. No need to follow a train which is currently not completely on the rails yet. Who knows whether one's game could recover like Blizzard's if and when that happens.

TheKin
Jun 22, 2012, 03:19 PM
I would say this wouldn't be a good time to consider it. Wait until Blizzard irons out the kinks and then decide whether it is worth it to implement it. Some will argue poor game design and implementation, but pretty much the majority of the complaints has everything to do with concessions made for the RMAH. It fundamentally altered some game decisions.

I still like the game, as a whole, and I think there's a lot right with it; but I think with the current balancing and such they have a while to go. I'm patient. It took Diablo 2 six years to be the Diablo 2 we know and love. There were some times when people did think D2 was broken, especially multiplayer. People are passionate about Blizzard stuff because it's usually pretty darn good. When something is so close and just misses the mark, it usually gets louder shouts than something that is either too far off the mark, or manages to nail it.

Everyone knew the RMAH was an experiment before they went in with it. Blizzard felt with their experience, they'd be the best candidates to make this new thing work. I still stand by my theory that we'll have a different D3 come halfway through next year, and the maturity will do it well. Of course, it's also why I don't buy from the AH in the game. I know too many adjustments would be made and I think finds are better than spending much gold or anything on an item that may or may not retain its value. I'm not so quick to think Blizzard (all of a sudden) can't do what they've done for the last 5 games straight.

Still, let the RMAH actually go through its course, first. No need to follow a train which is currently not completely on the rails yet. Who knows whether one's game could recover like Blizzard's if and when that happens.

The RMAH, in The Kin's opinion, was a bad idea. Sure people can buy and sell it ems and stuff and get scammed, but honestly there's no sense in protecting people like that if they aren't knowledgeable enough to protect themselves. Ignorance is often times how we learn, from mistakes. The Kin learned not to play with fire when he was set on fire at the age of 3 and his chest burned pretty bad in places. Is it sad? Yes, but The Kin learned. (At least a little..Hehe.)

Anyways, furthermore in The Kin's opinion, D3's main problem isn't so much as the AH as the ability to be replayed. Compare D3 and PSO2, since the two games are similar in nature, both being ARPG's in a sense. When you run the Forest, The Kin has seen at least 3-4 randomly generated maps that were nothing alike and it urged exploration. Even if you get the feel that you know path x will lead to a dead end and it does, it's still fun to explore it and see what mobs pop up, that and rare mobs keep it fresh.

In D3, the dungeons are randomized so poorly that the differences are so subtle one can't even notice them generally. Furthermore, all you can do is repeat act 1-4 over and over and over again and there are essentially 0 side quests to keep one entertained. The special dungeons are often times tiny, dank cellars and such and don't really urge the need to explore. Torchlight for example, you could pick up maps that opened portals to random dungeons with random bosses one could explore, often times multiple levels. D3 has none of this.

Then when you take in account that the legendary items, those that people actually search for, aren't really legendary like as they should be, then the itemization is screwed over along with the map design and replay rate. This makes, for The Kin's opinion, a horrible game.

And then finally, when you introduce the RMAH to where you can buy whatever you need, then the question "What is the reason behind playing this?" occurs. The whole purpose of an ARPG is to kill stuff to get better gear to kill more stuff. If you take the "getting stuff" out of the equation, then all you're left to do is..Kill stuff. For what reason? What goal? The story can be played through once but..Then what? What comes afterwards?

In conclusion, The Kin is totally against RMAH's to begin with. They slap any dedicated gamer that farms for drops in the face (And lets face it, farming is an aspect of a game for it's longevity) and it eventually turns the game into a job. People don't play the game to play it, they play to make money. Blizzard essentially created a game that -trains- gold farmers that they can "tax" to make a profit off of. Call The Kin a tin foil hat wearer, but honestly..What's the difference in a gold farmer and someone who can "legitimately" sell items for money? In the end both are playing the game to make money..Not to have fun.

/Steps off of soap box.

Apologies if it sounded too uppity and elitest.

Akaimizu
Jun 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
Well, take it as you will that all of those great Legendary items of D2 never existed when that game came out. D3 has lots of room for expansion and other additions. I would imagine that D3 will follow D2's course. All of this (including additional side-quests) is fixable post release, as D2 did.

TheKin
Jun 22, 2012, 04:51 PM
Well, take it as you will that all of those great Legendary items of D2 never existed when that game came out. D3 has lots of room for expansion and other additions. I would imagine that D3 will follow D2's course. All of this (including additional side-quests) is fixable post release, as D2 did.

The difference is, they already had the formula from D2. Why is it that things should need to be "fixed" this much especially after it's been in development for so many years? The whole "It'll be fixed later" is a mentality that we gamers shouldn't have to accept. Things should be "improved" and "expanded" not "fixed" in expansions.

Akaimizu
Jun 22, 2012, 05:04 PM
Blizzard doesn't wait for expansions. On the PC, Blizzard always worked by this model. Always. This isn't a sudden change in their style. It's what they do. That's why they don't make many games. Their style has always been to make a game and then support the ever living stuff out of it for a long time afterwards. This is where the fans usually see the real value of where they put their money.

Perhaps it's not expected of other devs, but out of blizzard, it is the norm. And if that was the reason their previous games rocked, so be it.

But to be back on topic, I still stand that the RMAH is still in that experimental phase. One that can still fail. Not sure if it is worth it to risk it, because once you put real money on the line, people will do ANYTHING to break your game. They'll go to much greater lengths to do it. Then SEGA will have to keep attempting to patch limitations and stuff to stop them. Perhaps enough to impede on our current gameplay.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 22, 2012, 06:45 PM
Bad idea. We already have to spend money on the gacha in order to get items. We don't need a real money auction house on top of a cash shop. Player run shops are good enough.

xBladeM6x
Jun 22, 2012, 06:58 PM
The reason this shouldn't exist is simple. It breaks the in-game economy. All higher end items, or end game content items are no longer sold in the game for meseta, but rather for IRL cash on a wide scale. The only people to have those items would be people who get lucky and run like 2 times and get it, or use real life money to buy it off of other players. It's complete crap, and it's the reason that D3's economy is inflated to shit, along with the duping / broken farming methods.