PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Setup problem

Boudreau
Jun 22, 2012, 12:36 PM
Every time i try to click PSO2_SETUP an error message appears. Its mainly just squares and not an error number or anything. I think its associated with my computer's specs. This computer was not ment for gaming.

My computer specs are as follows:
Windows XP 32bit
Intel Core 2 Duo T7250
1.99 GB of RAM
About 8GB free HDD space
Mobil Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
DirectX 9.0
Fairly reliable connection

I think the problem is the graphics card but i just want to verify if im right.

The minimum system requirements are:
o Windows XP 32bit
o Windows Vista / 7 32bit or 64bit
o Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or higher
o RAM: Windows XP 1.5GB or higher
o RAM: Windows Vista / 7 2GB or higher
o HDD 8GB or higher
o NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT or similar graphics card or higher
o DirectX 9.0c or higher
o Broadband connection

If it is the graphics card I would be pleased to have a recommendation for an affordable graphics card. Thank you for you time and knowledge to any and all who can help.

Josh_Kain
Jun 22, 2012, 12:48 PM
Hmm sounds kind of like my sssue http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196158

I don't think specs would affect INSTALLING the game at all. Both of us are just trying to run setup.exe

DragonForce
Jun 22, 2012, 12:50 PM
Haha, the laptop I'm using has that same shitty integrated graphics chipset too. I have the same problem as well. I'm gonna dick around with the settings and see what I can do.

Boudreau
Jun 22, 2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah i'm really at a loss too. I've re-installed the game several times that doesn't help at all.
This also happened with the character creator thing that came out a while back with the same error message and that was ment to check if your computer could run PSO2. Thats why I think it would be related to the specs. I'm very computer savvy so I really don't know.

Mag-X
Jun 22, 2012, 12:57 PM
Mobil Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Yes. This is why. Intel graphics couldn't render their way out of a paper bag. Also, it says Mobile. Is this a laptop? You cannot install a new graphics card into a laptop.

Boudreau
Jun 22, 2012, 01:07 PM
It is a laptop...*sniff*
So i would have to buy a new computer to be able to play PSO2?

Mag-X
Jun 22, 2012, 01:07 PM
Yes.
_

Boudreau
Jun 22, 2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for your help now I know what i need and can stop looking though numerous Japanese web sites on what might be the problem. You've been very helpful Mag-X!

Mag-X
Jun 22, 2012, 01:15 PM
No problem.

If you don't know much about PC hardware, check here before you buy or build a new PC. Just because the employees at Worst Buy claim a computer is good for gaming doesn't mean it really is. Also, PSO2 will actually run on pretty low powered computers by modern standers, so you don't really have to pay that much to get something decent.

A laptop with Intel HD 3000 graphics can run the game just fine with advanced shaders turned off.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 22, 2012, 01:45 PM
No problem.

If you don't know much about PC hardware, check here before you buy or build a new PC. Just because the employees at Worst Buy claim a computer is good for gaming doesn't mean it really is. Also, PSO2 will actually run on pretty low powered computers by modern standers, so you don't really have to pay that much to get something decent.

A laptop with Intel HD 3000 graphics can run the game just fine with advanced shaders turned off.

yep, and there are a number of $600 and less laptops with nvidia and radeon chips in them this year, score one of those and you might be able to have addvanced shaders on+^_^+

Boudreau
Jun 22, 2012, 01:46 PM
Thank you i'll start looking around because i definetly what this game when it comes out and i play a few other games on PCs that my computer can't exactly run (Vindictus). So far i've just been recommended the Alienware X51 but i don't think i'll have the money for it within a reasonable time frame. But i'll start saving and see what i can do.

Again thank you for all the help.

Boudreau
Jun 22, 2012, 01:49 PM
yep, and there are a number of $600 and less laptops with nvidia and radeon chips in them this year, score one of those and you might be able to have addvanced shaders on+^_^+

Wow i really need to get looking thanks.

Josh_Kain
Jun 22, 2012, 02:00 PM
Can someone please confirm if beung under spects will prevent you from running setup.exe (the file that comes with two .bin files)? Or is it only the "patcher" that won't launch? I am about 99% sure I am above specs.

Mag-X
Jun 22, 2012, 02:06 PM
Thank you i'll start looking around because i definetly what this game when it comes out and i play a few other games on PCs that my computer can't exactly run (Vindictus). So far i've just been recommended the Alienware X51 but i don't think i'll have the money for it within a reasonable time frame. But i'll start saving and see what i can do.

Again thank you for all the help.

Don't buy Alienware unless you like wasting money. They're way overpriced for what you get.

Edit: Especially the X51

AnnabellaRenee87
Jun 22, 2012, 02:13 PM
update.microsoft.com, go there and make sure you have everything

DragonForce
Jun 22, 2012, 02:43 PM
If you're looking for a cheap pc then go here (http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=10&name=Desktop-PCs&Order=PRICE).

Dell likes to throw in a bunch of useless shit like $70 headphones and a bunch of other stuff you don't need when you try to "build" your pc on their site. Newegg is a good site to actually make a gaming pc that fits on any budget.

Destis
Jun 22, 2012, 05:26 PM
lolz love this guy after he said Worst Buy, you just made my day after a loooong frustration of not being able to play the beta.