PDA

View Full Version : What's the max class level?

Hakoten
Jun 22, 2012, 03:46 PM
Is it 30? If so, that seems really low.

MasterSpark
Jun 22, 2012, 03:47 PM
Should be 30 during the beta, increased to 40 upon release.

In other words, there's no need to rush things.

Priest
Jun 22, 2012, 03:58 PM
And I've been rushing things, and I'm only lvl 17. I'd say about at least 30 hours so far. The increased amount of exp you need with each level is insane, hopefully hard mode will help with that.

Malevolent215
Jun 22, 2012, 04:03 PM
Don't forget that Past PS games tend to lean towards an eventual lv 200 cap. Just gets bumped over time.

Hakoten
Jun 22, 2012, 04:04 PM
I was more worried because there's a lot of space in the class trees, but only having 30-40 points to apply feels low to me.

cruxader
Jun 23, 2012, 12:40 AM
and dont forget,u still can swap class to play another 30 level

supersonix9
Jun 23, 2012, 01:03 AM
I've been working extremely hard non-stop and I'm at 21. Knowing that it'll get slower and slower, it'll be a few days till I get to 30. Even if it doesn't take me that long, I'll probably want to get to 30 with the other 2 classes.

Lumir
Jun 23, 2012, 01:05 AM
At 20 and man the desert time attack missions are BULL SH!T. Had to fight through 2 BOSSES, 2 Mini BOSSES, LAG, and then FCKIN try to drill 2x in under 18min.... BULL SH!T.

mnemosy
Jun 23, 2012, 01:36 AM
21 here. Grinding is fun!

supersonix9
Jun 23, 2012, 01:42 AM
21 here. Grinding is fun!

Amen.

Dragwind
Jun 23, 2012, 01:44 AM
Don't judge a number by it's face value!

Level 30 in one game isn't the same as level 30 in another.

Alena Zouryx
Jun 23, 2012, 02:06 AM
Don't judge a number by it's face value!

Level 30 in one game isn't the same as level 30 in another.

QFT, good sir.

Vylera
Jun 23, 2012, 02:15 AM
Game just came out.

It's very common for level caps to remain low to allow for a large mass of players to reach a certain point in the game before they continue to expand the content.

There's no point in them launching up to level 50 content right off the bat. Doing that would lead to extra bugs, needless amounts of patching, and content that will collect dust for about 3 weeks.

In all honesty, how soon they launch official release could be partially (but not massively) influenced by the server's average level of players.

And don't worry about the talent tree. You'll have enough points for everything eventually.

I'm currently settled as a 12/12 ranger/hunter and there's still quite a long ways to go.

This games like a freakin' drug for me. Can't stop playing once I hear the quest desk lady ask me what quest I want to do.

Zina1024
Jun 23, 2012, 02:54 AM
lol I miss the feeling of waiting for work to end, to rush home and play PSO2. i felt this way since PSU 1st came out. there seems to be a lot of stuff to do in the the game especially since i cant read japanese lol. i will more like hit level cap at some point but right now i just enjoy the game :)

terrell707
Jun 23, 2012, 03:43 AM
I think a lot of people forget that this isn't WoW. In other words, the level cap will be raised more than a few times a year at least, not just once a year. Cap will probably be raised at least twice by the end of the year.
Also keep in mind the skill tree. I really doubt that SEGA will let people hit a level in which it allows them to get everything on it, because then that would make it pretty useless. So the max level may be a lower than in previous Phantasy Star games.

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 23, 2012, 03:50 AM
I think a lot of people forget that this isn't WoW. In other words, the level cap will be raised more than a few times a year at least, not just once a year. Cap will probably be raised at least twice by the end of the year.
Also keep in mind the skill tree. I really doubt that SEGA will let people hit a level in which it allows them to get everything on it, because then that would make it pretty useless. So the max level may be a lower than in previous Phantasy Star games.

I imagine them extending the skill list as they make more weapons, and in turn, raising the level cap. At least, that's my prediction. :3

In-fact, I predict that they bring back shotguns and mechguns, and also, bring in a new, slower, stronger, longer-range oriented rifle. More on the mechgun, I think they are going to switch it out for a submachine gun type of weapon now that I think about it abit more... (Which the mechgun basically was, but I think it will be a two handed weapon with a bit more strength than a single mechgun.)

DoubleCannon
Jun 23, 2012, 08:27 AM
lol level 30 is low you say while true at the numerical value, you can do it 3x making it 90 levels and just pointing this out, you will hit level 60 in diablo 3 multiple times before you hit 30 in pso let alone 40 on release lol. And if they ever do go to 200 which would just be insane that would take years! lol

D-Inferno
Jun 23, 2012, 08:32 AM
The cap probably going to increase as more areas get introduced. The game itself is being released as incomplete (Wind and Dark techs are missing, lack of a final boss).

DoubleCannon
Jun 23, 2012, 08:51 AM
honestly they had better release a tropical area like in pso the seaside, jungle etc. that was the best area of the whole game lol. yes a tropical level with the ocean and includes a jugleish area within and whatnot. oh god sega make it happen please

Narue Moon
Jun 23, 2012, 09:00 AM
lol level 30 is low you say while true at the numerical value, you can do it 3x making it 90 levels and just pointing this out, you will hit level 60 in diablo 3 multiple times before you hit 30 in pso let alone 40 on release lol. And if they ever do go to 200 which would just be insane that would take years! lol

200 sounds badassly awesome.