PDA

View Full Version : Overall impressions of the beta ?

renrinken
Jun 22, 2012, 09:43 PM
* Disclaimer: This comes from a PSU vet so alot of my opinions come with PSU in mind*

If I were to ignore my PSO bias my opinion of the game so far it would be "PSU Lite".

Combat:

Combat itself is superior but I feel it bit lack luster in appeal in regards to PAs. Most PA out so far are 1-3 hits where in PSU even on launch PAs looked amazingly cool. I do admit bosses are the best they ever been. Your on the edge of your seat dodging every attack, it seems to play more of a Monster Hunter which I love.

Room:

This is a huge disappointment. It just feels like everything been lowered in terms of room. Graphically its obvious that everything has less detail. Design of room is absolutely lazy, in PSU you had a believable living environment with exploratory space with multiple rooms. In PSO2 all it is, is a tiny square room and a patio.

Deco are in simular situation, less graphical attention and just a lack of creativity. Honestly for a Payed service, rooms seems weakest aspect of PSO2 atm.

Questing:

Huge improvement over PSU and PSO. Easy to find and initiate with straight forward objectives, this is done quite well if you ignoring SEGA trolling us with their matter board drop rates.

Monsters:

PSO2 wins this by a landslide, mobs from zone to zone has huge diversity which both PSO and PSU lacked.

@Concerns:

One thing that worries me is the update rate. lv40 is fine for release but if we are stuck at their for half a year it could be pretty horrible. I cant imagine PSO with only hard mode being its end game. As well in general PSO2 seems to just lack alot of content that 10 new levels by itself wont really fix.

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 22, 2012, 10:21 PM
I agree I feel the rooms aren't as big as before, the cap is not an issue to me because you can always level an alternate class.

My biggest concern is sega rebalancing skill trees and making us pay to reset to get rid of the overnerfed skills. Also trading, like seriously that is a feature that every f2p game gives for free except runescape.

renrinken
Jun 22, 2012, 10:24 PM
I agree I feel the rooms aren't as big as before, the cap is not an issue to me because you can always level an alternate class.

My biggest concern is sega rebalancing skill trees and making us pay to reset to get rid of the overnerfed skills. Also trading, like seriously that is a feature that every f2p game gives for free except runescape.

Also remember that there is only one Mag. So if you wanted two main classes you either have to pay for a second character, or pay for a second mag.

FrostNova
Jun 22, 2012, 10:27 PM

There's items which lets you expand your room got 1 from scratch cards during cbt.

DemonMike
Jun 22, 2012, 10:30 PM
Bring back Pre-open beta server performance. All I'm asking.

renrinken
Jun 22, 2012, 10:33 PM
There's items which lets you expand your room got 1 from scratch cards during cbt.

to be fair I have yet to gain any room expanders from my FUN! scratchers so I cant really compare them, but I haven't found anything online that looked all that impressive.

So did your expanded room has multiple rooms ? PSU rooms was about 10x as larger then PSO2. As well current PSO2 room textures (I tried mutliple romodels) all look super fake, and none have the same "real" feeling and ambiance as PSU rooms.

@DemonMike: I actually tried all remodels at Room shop. They are simply reskins and doesnt change actual room size what so ever.

DemonMike
Jun 22, 2012, 10:35 PM
I'm sure you can get room extenders in the shops down in the bottom left around the shop area? Try that, I remember the rooms being quite big if you extended it twice.

Randomness
Jun 22, 2012, 10:39 PM
Also remember that there is only one Mag. So if you wanted two main classes you either have to pay for a second character, or pay for a second mag.

Or make a hybrid mag.

Depending on what rods and cards use for their physical attacks...

Or just go with an ability mag, which boosts offense across the board (criticals, and some boost to base damage or something is what I've heard).

Blackheart521
Jun 22, 2012, 10:43 PM
I actually tried all remodels at Room shop. They are simply reskins and doesnt change actual room size what so ever.

you have to go to the room with one of those items and choose one of the empty slots for your room otherwise if you pick the spot already taken by the starter room it'll just replace that one, you can have up to 3 rooms in your Room and even have large sized rooms compared to the starter size. Tested this out in CB so it IS true. ^^

ciroth
Jun 22, 2012, 10:46 PM
I had a 3 room apartment room in PSO2 in CBT. With special environements and room detail from scratch cards. There are also special items you can win in scratch to play minigames, such as a dart board.

You can also win expansion items to make the room x2, or x3 bigger. (per room, so you could have a 3 room with (x3) space in each one... and a forest view outside with vines growing all over the balcony area =P

There are jukeboxes...

There are also awesome display case system you can use to sell items directly from the room instead of searching through shop system...

It isn't lazy, it rewards people who are hard at earning FUN points =P

FrostNova
Jun 22, 2012, 10:47 PM
to be fair I have yet to gain any room expanders from my FUN! scratchers so I cant really compare them, but I haven't found anything online that looked all that impressive.

So did your expanded room has multiple rooms ? PSU rooms was about 10x as larger then PSO2. As well current PSO2 room textures (I tried mutliple romodels) all look super fake, and none have the same "real" feeling and ambiance as PSU rooms.

@DemonMike: I actually tried all remodels at Room shop. They are simply reskins and doesnt change actual room size what so ever.

It gave an extra room about half of the size of original one wasn't that big unfortunately well i bet there's different types of room expansion items.

renrinken
Jun 22, 2012, 10:50 PM
you have to go to the room with one of those items and choose one of the empty slots for your room otherwise if you pick the spot already taken by the starter room it'll just replace that one, you can have up to 3 rooms in your Room and even have large sized rooms compared to the starter size. Tested this out in CB so it IS true. ^^

haha so it seems, but I have to admit is sort of creepy in a way. Having 3 copies of 3 exactly same proportioned square rooms side by side with each other ? Give me rectangles or even something with a second level :x

Basically I want something that actually feels like a house.

oifjustus
Jun 22, 2012, 10:58 PM
PSU wasn't as enjoyable for me as the older PSO titles.. But this one seems great so far.

Blackheart521
Jun 22, 2012, 11:00 PM
haha so it seems, but I have to admit is sort of creepy in a way. Having 3 copies of 3 exactly same proportioned square rooms side by side with each other ? Give me rectangles or even something with a second level :x

Basically I want something that actually feels like a house.

If you get one of the larger room sizes in the FUN drawing then it is rectangular.

renrinken
Jun 22, 2012, 11:07 PM
If you get one of the larger room sizes in the FUN drawing then it is rectangular.

Pretty cool, it be cool if I could set up a patio in the opposite direction =p Hate the look of just a line of rooms and patios atm.

In general the ability to rotate and place locations of individual rooms should be a thing.

@Oif: I played PSO sense DC and played BB till its shutdown. but I loved PSU for different reasons (one being obvious room addiction =p). Both are amazing games in their own way. But honestly I would say PSO2 has more in common with PSU than PSO atm.

Zyrusticae
Jun 22, 2012, 11:22 PM
The rooms in general are more flexible than PSU since you can dictate the location of absolutely everything (instead of your bed and essentials always being in the same place) - aside from the rooms themselves, that is.

That being said, I will forever mourn the loss of a dressing room/washroom. I mean, come on, no home is complete without one! (For that matter, are toilets and showers furniture options? I rather dislike it when housing completely ignores the issue of personal hygeine or handwaves it with public bathing areas...).