PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 A List of Questions From a Newbie to PS.

Triburos
Jun 22, 2012, 11:31 PM
Hello, everyone! As stated by the title, I am a complete new-comer to PSO2, not to mention the PS series in general. While I'm not completely familiar with the other PS games, PSO2 has caught my attention as it's own stand alone game and I have been playing ever since the Open Beta opened, which was only about two days ago, so I'm still learning the ropes. But from what I've seen, I quite like it so far in terms of gameplay and style. There's still some lag here and there, but the as a game, it's quite enjoyable.

Now, before I start off and start giving some of you guys a hard time, I just want to mention that I believe I've done quite enough research to ask some questions from the community. I've read most of the guides on the official fan site, looked at the wiki, Googled a few terms here and there and browsed a couple of forum posts here to try to help me along my way. I've gotten basic gameplay down, in other words. I didn't want to be another person that would have to be redirected to a Google search or anything, since that's just wasting time and a thread.

With that said, I'd be very grateful if you guys could answer a few questions I have below. This will be a literal list, by the way. So sorry if I'm asking alot from everyone, and this is bound to be a Wall o' Text post. Again, my apologies. It's just one of my habits ^^;

1. I've noticed that when attacking, occasionally you see these blue circles around your character that turn to red then disappear shortly after. Clicking just as they turn red makes a shine effect and seems to cancel and animation quicker. What bonuses do these circle things provide?

2. With all the lag I've come across, I need to know; are dungeons ran off of the server's connection, or the connection of the party host?

3. Photon Arts I've heard and read about seem to drop in dungeons and can be bought from vendors. Do ALL Proton Arts drop from every dungeons- or are some restricted to higher level dungeons and lower level dungeons? For example, I'm looking for some Proton Art for the Wire Lance called "Wire Charge" and "Azasupin", as they're listed on the wiki when translated. Where would I go about finding those Photon Arts? Are they restricted to higher dungeon levels? I've heard they can be obtained as rewards from completing quests, though I'm not sure which quests.

4. I've been seeing certain players with armor colors that don't seem possible for me to make with the materials and knowledge that I know about. But I have heard about "color tickets", though I havn't been able to turn up and information on how to obtain them. Someone wanna fill me in?

5. The FUN scratch cards, do they only reward furniture for the character rooms you can make, or can they also reward stuff like armor and such? So far I've only gotten armor.

6. Are the little personal quests for NPCs worth doing? The ones where you talk to the NPCs with blue icons above their heads? They seem to be nice for EXP but I don't know how I should go about leveling yet. Not to mention understanding them is out of the question until an English UI patch comes, and even then NPC text might be server-sided or something.

7. On the topic of those personal NPC quests, how should I be leveling exactly? I've been mostly just running dungeons that are at my level and clearing them, though I don't know if this simple way, is also the most efficient.

My last question is a technical support question that my friend has been having recently. I'd rather not make another thread in T-Support section if that's okay with everyone. But the issue is; that unless her graphics are set to 1 on the slider bar in the launcher, the game gives her a crash error upon getting to the Character Selection screen. For some reason, the game will work on 1, but no higher despite her computer being better than mine, and I can run this game on 5 with native screen res in window mode at an high FPS. Any clue how to fix this?

Again, major apologies about the Wall o' Text. I've previewed this and it really didn't feel like it'd be this huge :P. But, I'm just trying to get some answers that I couldn't find easily in other places, and the threads I've viewed here seem to be quite helpful, so hopefully you guys can help me with my issues. But I think I'll stop here, but thanks in advance, guys.

Crimson Exile
Jun 22, 2012, 11:38 PM
The great wall of text

Cyandroid
Jun 22, 2012, 11:38 PM
paraphrase please

pikachief
Jun 22, 2012, 11:52 PM
Lemme see what I can answer from this.

I'm pretty sure everything's server side so your lagging because of a lot of people online and the servers being in Japan.

Yes certain enemies, missions, and quests will drop / reward you with certain Photon arts. Sadly I have no idea how to get any in particular. I'm just taking them as they come. (they're the discs that drop from enemies)

FUN Scratch as far as I'm concerned is mostly furniture and sometimes items that'll give you like 3 days worth of premium and such.

Idk about the weird colours your seeing, as the color ticket thing cannot be obtained yet. If it's a cast that's because they can make themselves whatever color they want.

About the circles, that's called Just Attack. When you hit the circles as they turn red your attack should be quicker and you should be doing a little more damage.

Greeny421
Jun 23, 2012, 12:18 AM
Hey for the technical support, I think I have your answer; and for the first question.

1.) I am pretty sure if you fire again with the red bubble you do more damage. Its about timing.

2.)The error is something to do with the shader.
I had this problem as well. Make sure you update your graphics card drivers.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Or if they are up to date, turning the shader quality to Simple in the graphics option of the launcher should work too. This link shows you how. Its towards the top of the page.
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-site-and-download-begins/

If the problem still persists after updating the graphics card drivers, she can turn her graphics up past 1, but she has to make sure to but the shader is on simple before she saves the settings.

Triburos
Jun 23, 2012, 12:36 AM
Alrighty, cheers to both of you. Especially that technical issue we we're having, many thanks Greeny, same to you pikachief :).

@Crimson / Cyan

Ikr? But to be fair, you do come to a forum to read and write, and trust me I did try to keep it as short as possible. There would be alot of people out there saying "Oh great, someone didn't research again", so I had to clear that up, then I didn't want to make the questions too vague. So again, I tried my best to keep it as short as possible ;-).

If I happen to have anymore questions, I'll throw them as a post below, but really; many thanks for the answers guys.

Idk about the weird colours your seeing, as the color ticket thing cannot be obtained yet. If it's a cast that's because they can make themselves whatever color they want.

Yeah- it's mostly been with the casts. I've been seeing like pure black casts with neon green as a side color just as an example, so I was curious how they got such specific colors like that, because on character creation, I could only change one color of armor, which was disappointing seeing how I really like this game's visual style. Real fan of sci-fi, so you can imagine that it was a bit of an "aww, that's lame" moment for me. Though, I have no issues with color customization being Cash Shop only, they need money to keep the game up and running after all.

I did some searching on google but I couldn't turn up much other than this "color ticket" thing, so I was curious how people were showing up with those specific colors.

Triburos
Jun 23, 2012, 02:42 AM
I'm just going to give this a bump to see if I can get some more information from others. I'm still looking :D

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 02:46 AM
Alrighty, cheers to both of you. Especially that technical issue we we're having, many thanks Greeny, same to you pikachief :).

@Crimson / Cyan

Ikr? But to be fair, you do come to a forum to read and write, and trust me I did try to keep it as short as possible. There would be alot of people out there saying "Oh great, someone didn't research again", so I had to clear that up, then I didn't want to make the questions too vague. So again, I tried my best to keep it as short as possible ;-).

If I happen to have anymore questions, I'll throw them as a post below, but really; many thanks for the answers guys.

Yeah- it's mostly been with the casts. I've been seeing like pure black casts with neon green as a side color just as an example, so I was curious how they got such specific colors like that, because on character creation, I could only change one color of armor, which was disappointing seeing how I really like this game's visual style. Real fan of sci-fi, so you can imagine that it was a bit of an "aww, that's lame" moment for me. Though, I have no issues with color customization being Cash Shop only, they need money to keep the game up and running after all.

I did some searching on google but I couldn't turn up much other than this "color ticket" thing, so I was curious how people were showing up with those specific colors.
Lol so sorry. I went to grab a bite to eat when I came back the above poster answered you. Believe me I read the questions and had answers to a few of them.

pikachief
Jun 23, 2012, 02:48 AM
yea idk why you only found 1 color slider for casts in the character creation, there's 3 i think. My cast is red and black with white lines.

Also apparently the NPC Quests are really nice for leveling, at least later on I believe. Also some of them will give you their card so that you can invite them into missions with you. If you keep S ranking missions with the NPCs in your party, they'll give you random items and some can be very nice and really rare photon arts. So yes they are worth doing :)

OpheliaInfinity
Jun 23, 2012, 03:03 AM
Not to mention understanding them is out of the question until an English UI patch comes, and even then NPC text might be server-sided or something.

Well you're right about not understanding them... but you still can complete them using this wondurful guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194418). As pikachief said they are very worth doing. C:

Good luck on your adventures! ^-^

Triburos
Jun 23, 2012, 03:14 AM
Many thanks to all of you, seriously once again :D.

As for the NPC quests, I'll need to figure out how to do those efficiently rather than running around guesstimating what it wants me to- oh wait, Ophelia saved me. Thank you so much for linking to that guide :P.

One other question; I've heard of that Partner system you were talking about pika, something about inviting an AI controlled ally into your dungeon that can actually use the model and over-all character of someone on your friends list. That's very cool, I gotta admit. Question is, can you tell me how to do that? And how do you invite normal game NPCs into the party? Like if what pikachief said is true, I'll want to be getting those NPCs into my party later on.

Does it have something to do with those weird coin things I see floating in dungeons every now and again? I used some but they seem to be random NPC convos, so I just skip them. Dunno if I need them for anything, if they unlock NPCs to use for that Partner system or what.

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 03:18 AM
Many thanks to all of you, seriously once again :D.

As for the NPC quests, I'll need to figure out how to do those efficiently rather than running around guesstimating what it wants me to- oh wait, Ophelia saved me. Thank you so much for linking to that guide :P.

One other question; I've heard of that Partner system you were talking about pika, something about inviting an AI controlled ally into your dungeon that can actually use the model and over-all character of someone on your friends list. That's very cool, I gotta admit. Question is, can you tell me how to do that? And how do you invite normal game NPCs into the party? Like if what pikachief said is true, I'll want to be getting those NPCs into my party later on.

Does it have something to do with those weird coin things I see floating in dungeons every now and again? I used some but they seem to be random NPC convos, so I just skip them. Dunno if I need them for anything, if they unlock NPCs to use for that Partner system or what.
To invite normal npc's into your party after going threw mission gate, look for an keyboard on the left side wall. Click any pic and select first option.

Also this is what I use with google chrome to do client orders
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%82%A2%E3% 83%B3%E3%83%88%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%80%E3%83%BC

OpheliaInfinity
Jun 23, 2012, 03:54 AM
To invite normal npc's into your party after going threw mission gate, look for an keyboard on the left side wall. Click any pic and select first option.
^This... and if you have trouble finding it look for a yellow exclamation point in a circle that floats above the keyboard. :O

I know they are involved in the matter board quests, but i don't think they have anything to do with unlocking partner cards :/ Beyond that its probably just getting you to know the NPCs more P: if only we could understand

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 23, 2012, 04:01 AM
Actually~ I've found that after completing a certain amount of client orders from a npc, that I gain their partner card to do missions with. >w<

Gybzy
Jun 23, 2012, 04:04 AM
Actually~ I've found that after completing a certain amount of client orders from a npc, that I gain their partner card to do missions with. >w<

that's interesting to know, do you remember(if you were counting) how many orders you completed?

Triburos
Jun 23, 2012, 04:06 AM
Not sure what the matter board is. Hell, I'm not really sure what many of the places in the hub-areas do :P.

I know where the basic equipment vendors are, the dungeon / party creation desk, the block changing elevators and where to change classes, but I dunno what the matter board is. Anything important that I need to know?

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 04:12 AM
that's interesting to know, do you remember(if you were counting) how many orders you completed?
The linked that I posted in the thread shows who's partner card you can obtain and how. Certain client orders unlock them.

Gybzy
Jun 23, 2012, 04:28 AM
The linked that I posted in the thread shows who's partner card you can obtain and how. Certain client orders unlock them.

ah, I guess there's only a select few instead of all NPCs having them

thanks =P

Triburos
Jun 27, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hey guys, i've run into a bit of an issue here.

So, I can't seem to advance past the Level 7 forest dungeon. I'm level 9 currently, but I'm not sure what I should be doing to advance to other dungeons, so I've just been running this one waiting for something to happen.

But now the dungeon is grey'd out right now, can't enter it. Any ideas what I need to be doing?