PDA

View Full Version : About the Matter Board?

Takaaaa
Jun 23, 2012, 12:28 AM
Well so far I have just been doing the Koffee's quests and stuff. Everytime I log in the window pops up taunting me that my matter board is 0%.
Is there something good that comes out of doing the matter board? The first B-1 about finding a gunslayer from a Udan is taking me forever and still didnt find it.
So is there anything good from doing it?

lKeima
Jun 23, 2012, 12:33 AM
Well so far I have just been doing the Koffee's quests and stuff. Everytime I log in the window pops up taunting me that my matter board is 0%.
Is there something good that comes out of doing the matter board? The first B-1 about finding a gunslayer from a Udan is taking me forever and still didnt find it.

I believe the matter board is to push along the story/give you more objectives while getting you small incentives along the way. And theres a side 2 to the matter board! >:3

Polly
Jun 23, 2012, 12:35 AM
It seems there to sorta help the "grind" of opening up new areas a little less tedious even though the missions and objectives provided still amount to what you'd be doing without them. There's some bonus rewards though, so again, it eases the tedium a bit.

Mike
Jun 23, 2012, 02:47 AM
Some of the matter board entries need you to do something in a specific area. B-1 only applies to the very first quest so urdans outside of that quest won't drop it.

Takaaaa
Jun 23, 2012, 02:59 AM
Some of the matter board entries need you to do something in a specific area. B-1 only applies to the very first quest so urdans outside of that quest won't drop it.
Yeah thats the quest a did. I guess ill just keep trying. Do you have to go in order also?

Mike
Jun 23, 2012, 03:28 AM
Do you have to go in order also?
Pretty much. Finishing one entry opens adjacent entries.

renrinken
Jun 23, 2012, 03:48 AM
What is Matter Board ? Waste of time < _ <

4 straight hours trying to grind a single Matter Board drop, almost got me to hate PSO2 =p FYI I till never got item, even though I probably played 2 extra hours on top of that 4 focus hours of grinding.

Fusioneko
Jun 23, 2012, 04:31 AM
Most matterboard drops happen every quest, I have no problem there. I have a resource/guide infront of me that tells me where to go, blam. I am having trouble with matterboard 2, but I still need to finish 1, when I get to it.

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 04:33 AM
Most matterboard drops happen every quest, I have no problem there. I have a resource/guide infront of me that tells me where to go, blam. I am having trouble with matterboard 2, but I still need to finish 1, when I get to it.
Link please

renrinken
Jun 23, 2012, 04:36 AM
Link please

I assume he is referring to bump's guide.

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/#goals

All you need to know for first two pages, actually getting items to drop is a different story though.

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 04:39 AM

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/#goals

All you need to know for first two pages, actually getting items to drop is a different story though.
Haha im using this and jp wiki. Thought he might have had something else. Thank you though.

Fusioneko
Jun 23, 2012, 04:40 AM

That'd be it, I typically don't have trouble with multi-party areas involved, this means I cna spend extended amounts of time. But usually the items do just drop while I'm taking care of business.

Mike
Jun 23, 2012, 04:41 AM
Most matterboard drops happen every quest, I have no problem there.
Ditto. I don't always get them on the first try but it's never taken as long as some people seem to take.

renrinken
Jun 23, 2012, 04:44 AM
People sure have better luck than me :x

I spent 4 straight hours of specifically farming A-5 quest mob (skipping all mobs but one I needed) in multi party area and got absolutely nothing.

Fusioneko
Jun 23, 2012, 04:45 AM
People sure have better luck than me :x

I spent 4 straight hours of specifically farming A-5 quest mob (skipping all mobs but one I needed) in multi party area and got absolutely nothing.

"A-5 Find a “ブレイカー” Breaker drop from the Lv7+ Fongalf (Later Forest Missions)"

I' have no idea what a Fongalf is. Oh wait it's the wolves. Well then. :x I'm not sure if I've done A-5 yet myself.

renrinken
Jun 23, 2012, 04:48 AM
"A-5 Find a “ブレイカー” Breaker drop from the Lv7+ Fongalf (Later Forest Missions)"

I' have no idea what a Fongalf is. Oh wait it's the wolves. Well then. :x I'm not sure if I've done A-5 yet myself.

Yea Fongalf are the wolf with large red thorny things. Most missions will only spawn like 3-6 of them. So kill rate is like 10-20 a hour based on your luck on spawns. I killed about 150 of them and no drop.

AlMcFly
Jun 23, 2012, 04:52 AM
Yeah, I think the JP wiki in my Signature may be updated much more than the blog. They have conflicting information for some matter board spots.

Fusioneko
Jun 23, 2012, 04:56 AM
Also, I run into those wolves a lot, I don't know if ID's still apply, like Redria, Oran, Bluefill, Whitil, Virdia, Yellowbozzle and what not. Also green. whatever. Point is. (or Skyley, damnit!) Point is. I think I have an id color on my costume I might just be seeing things.

I see those red wolves a damn lot. Infact I run into them sooooo many times. Especially on Rappy capture/arrest mission.