PDA

View Full Version : What are Weapon Gears?

Hakoten
Jun 23, 2012, 12:39 AM
In the class skill trees there's unlocks with (Weapon) gear on it. What do they do?

lKeima
Jun 23, 2012, 12:49 AM
Bump, i also want to know this.

TerminalMontage
Jun 23, 2012, 12:54 AM
Bump me too, but apparently most the people on these forums like to ignore people.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 23, 2012, 12:58 AM
Bump me too, but apparently most the people on these forums like to ignore people.

No, it's not that. Most of the people on here are busy playing the game after bouncing off the walls waiting for it. Can't really fault them for that.

Personally, I would love to answer your questions, but, honestly, I don't know, either. Sega is supposed to be doing an emergency Maintenance soon, though, so once that starts, I'm sure someone will pop on, see this thread, and answer. Just be patient. ^^

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 01:03 AM
Increase Stats and what not. Great investment for all hunter's

Hakoten
Jun 23, 2012, 01:04 AM
Increase Stats and what not. Great investment for all hunter's

So it's basically a passive for that weapon type?

Hideyasu
Jun 23, 2012, 01:04 AM
I have sword gear and I'll explain it best I can. It's a gauge that goes above your left +right click marcos and the more you attack the more the gauge fills. I noticed that when it's full and you use techniques, they are stronger and as I have the sword gear, my charge skills charge waaay faster.

TerminalMontage
Jun 23, 2012, 01:05 AM
No, it's not that. Most of the people on here are busy playing the game after bouncing off the walls waiting for it. Can't really fault them for that, really.

Oh I understand that much, but when a comment is buried under more comments that goes to the next page all the time, that's different. A common trend here, but it's expected from a community for a free to play game.

Hakoten
Jun 23, 2012, 01:05 AM
I have sword gear and I'll explain it best I can. It's a gauge that goes above your left +right click marcos and the more you attack the more the gauge fills. I noticed that when it's full and you use techniques, they are stronger and as I have the sword gear, my charge skills charge waaay faster.

I just noticed the gauge before the servers went down. It goes up fast if you guard, too.

Konflyk
Jun 23, 2012, 01:06 AM
Yes, it's passive a meter builds up, fill the meter first and then start using PAs it'll drain the meter, different weapon types do different things.

Sword - Increase Attack/Blocking
Spear - PA duration
Wired Lance - Damage bonus for PAs

I chose to go with Fury stance, I don't really care for the weapon specifics

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 01:07 AM
it adds a little bar in the bottom middle part of your screen that as you fill up gives you bonuses for weapons when it is filled, you can charge PAs for the sword that are chargeable in like a second compared to 7 or 8 seconds with a filled sword gear, and the starting PA for the sword that has you do a front-flip strike gets added shockwaves to it when you use it with a full Gear Gauge...

Partisan gear increases the length of attacks so you can hit more enemies

Enforcer MKV
Jun 23, 2012, 01:08 AM
Oh I understand that much, but when a comment is buried under more comments that goes to the next page all the time, that's different. A common trend here, but it's expected from a community for a free to play game.

PSO2 is the first Phantasy Star game to be free to play. :/

This trend is a standard here, and has been for quite some time. Some threads get buried, others don't. No real rhyme or reason.

Arika
Jun 23, 2012, 01:10 AM
Weapon gear = allow you to gear up your weapon (max 3 bar) to boost your PA.

It is basically a system from fighting game where you charge up your bar and then spend it to perform a upgrade version of your PA.

Sword = build your gear by keep attacking, and kill monster.
Partisan = build your gear by guarding (no need to actually guard, just hold it there to charge), and kill monster.
Wire-Lance = build your gear by ???, and kill monster.

So for any kind of weapon, you always get 1 bar fill up per 1 monster you kill. and there is also another condition to help it filling up. The easiest one is partisan, because you just stand there and press R, then the bar automatically charge up. (however, in real use, it is bad to waste time and stand there to charge. So sword gear may be more useful in real TA. Because you only need to keep attacking.)

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 01:31 AM
(however, in real use, it is bad to waste time and stand there to charge. So sword gear may be more useful in real TA. Because you only need to keep attacking.)
Idk I saw a really good hunter TA with all weapons against the dragon. His best times were gunslash and wired-lance.

Arika
Jun 23, 2012, 01:44 AM
Idk I saw a really good hunter TA with all weapons against the dragon. His best times were gunslash and wired-lance.

What I was talking is about how you shouldn't stand there and charge partisan there just to fill his bar. it is waste time and not worth for the boost. So in real TA, that method of fill the bar won't be useful. (but it is just easy that you can charge it up whenever you like.)
Do you ever seen someone who just got his partisan gear. and he just stand there and charge until full every times before he attack? the time he spend on charging just waste too much.

For general TA, sword won't go on top, because sword skill tree route is stuck into defensive and tank build. But it it still too early to say which is the best. I m thinking about either Partisan (it is on ATK skill route, but problem on the not useful method of charge gear.) or sword (has good gear charge method but bad skill tree).

I really doubt gun-slash and wire-lance though. Were all his weapon at top? Did he just get more hit/stun during play? can you link vid. I wanna check more detail in it.