PDA

View Full Version : What exactly does PSE Burst do?

Dan Maku
Jun 23, 2012, 01:06 AM
Me and my friends were wondering what exactly PSE Burst entails and how to start one.

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 01:09 AM
Boosted exp and drops

OmNom
Jun 23, 2012, 01:13 AM
Boosted exp and drops

How do you activate it?

mhjc
Jun 23, 2012, 01:16 AM
How do you activate it?

Kill tons of crap in the multi party areas and keep killing until it bursts.
You'll get a message that says "burst chance!" Then you have 1 minute to kill tons of mobs that spawn in and then you should burst if you kill enough.

Crimson Exile
How do you activate it?
I'm still trying to figure that out myself. I think you have to fight mobs an mobs of monsters till the pse in the lower right corner hits 8.

supersonix9
There's pretty much absolutely no way to tell how many mobs you need to kill in order to activate the chance, though.

FrostNova
Jun 23, 2012, 01:17 AM
How do you activate it?

Somebody mentioned if you reach any PSE level to 8 PSE burst activates another 8 for cross burst etc...

supersonix9
Jun 23, 2012, 01:18 AM
Somebody mentioned if you reach any PSE level to 8 PSE burst activates another 8 for cross burst etc...

Really? That makes so much more sense now.

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 01:22 AM
Really? That makes so much more sense now.
Yea I read something about it getting to 8 somewhere a few days ago. Saw a number building up in a chat box it went to 1 to 7 then back to 1 slowly when I stopped seeing mobs.

TerminalMontage
Jun 23, 2012, 01:38 AM
Yeah I experienced my first PSE burst, pretty awesome, cross burst into a 2 minute thing, and when time ran out the announcer said MORE TIME and we got another minute, it was awesome.

skuld01
Jun 23, 2012, 01:45 AM
more kill doesnt mean getting more burst.

notice whenever you kill a mob, a stream of light appear and shoot to the sky? that's mean a PSE level had raise up by 1 , and the color depends on which effect.

Also, PSE effect not always as meseta/EXP/spawn rate. In forest you usually get fireboost PSE. And if that fireboost PSE go burst, your spawn rate still not being affected.

Well, in one MPA , so far I see 3 max effect in active.

And I notice killing those "inflected" mob have a higher chance on PSE boosting, just a guess.

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2012, 12:18 AM
I have a question pertaining to PSE Bursts. The past couple of days, my parties and I have gotten a few of them.

However, no enemies really seem to spawn. I see all these screenshots of the ground completely covered in items. I'd like to know how exactly to pull that off, since all we ever seem to get is just maybe 3-4 enemies at a time, and they don't spawn very fast. Thanks in advance.

catwat
Jun 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
I have a question pertaining to PSE Bursts. The past couple of days, my parties and I have gotten a few of them.

However, no enemies really seem to spawn. I see all these screenshots of the ground completely covered in items. I'd like to know how exactly to pull that off, since all we ever seem to get is just maybe 3-4 enemies at a time, and they don't spawn very fast. Thanks in advance.

Its good to move to very cramped areas like this one for example:
http://imgur.com/U4dqu picked up items during the PSE so it doesnt look that cool but this place is really hot for a PSE burst.
We were 2 groups there and we just sticked together for the whole mission. PSE burst started on that little bridge and it just kept going lol. It really seemed endless and there were allways at least 4 or 5 monsters around. Also even crazier during a code protection i announced the sector in chat and the PSE burst there was even more hardcore, about twice as much. I should have taken a screen of that one instead but i didn't think about it that time. After the code the floor was really covered with items as you said, it was just too awesome ^^;

Rizen
Jun 25, 2012, 08:15 AM
Its good to move to very cramped areas like this one for example:
http://imgur.com/U4dqu picked up items during the PSE so it doesnt look that cool but this place is really hot for a PSE burst.
We were 2 groups there and we just sticked together for the whole mission. PSE burst started on that little bridge and it just kept going lol. It really seemed endless and there were allways at least 4 or 5 monsters around. Also even crazier during a code protection i announced the sector in chat and the PSE burst there was even more hardcore, about twice as much. I should have taken a screen of that one instead but i didn't think about it that time. After the code the floor was really covered with items as you said, it was just too awesome ^^;

IT WAS YOU!!! :D I actually have video and stream of that...including the lag Cross Burst.
But as I was saying in that mission, the overheads tell you a lot about where PSE enemies are and when you are about to PSE Burst and Cross Burst. I'm about to head to work atm, but when I get home, I will make a post about my observations.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/rizenforce/b/322592236

Highlight video:
First Cross Burst happens at the beginning of the video. Second one happens at the 30 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKG3BZOYTqA

DoubleCannon
Jun 25, 2012, 08:20 AM
get a PSE up to level 8 to activate the 1 min timer in which you need another pse? then PSE burst activates and endless enemies begin to show up and you kill them asap! Some will add time to the timer so you can kill more. by the end of it as in the video above im sure you will then be stuck cleaning the field since you littered many items :)

Revlis-Desilver
Jun 25, 2012, 08:33 AM
my question is do you only get pse bursts in hard mode?

DoubleCannon
Jun 25, 2012, 08:35 AM
my question is do you only get pse bursts in hard mode?

nope i got my first at level 7 in the level 7 forest mission lol, anywhere that gives pse bonus = place a pse burst can happen. you just need to achieve level 8 pse

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 25, 2012, 09:35 AM
Does anyone know what the radar-like thing that pops up in the top middle of the screen is for? Sometimes, it's also displays as if it's reading sound levels or something. Does it relate to PSE in any way?

Rizen
Jun 25, 2012, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know what the radar-like thing that pops up in the top middle of the screen is for? Sometimes, it's also displays as if it's reading sound levels or something. Does it relate to PSE in any way?

I am not 100% sure, but I have started to notice some trends with the radar.

For example, when the radar pops up and you see blue and red dots. The red dots represent PSE enemies that are close to you. The blue dot seems to be you. If you kill those enemies, your PSE will go up.

I'm not sure about the bar and the other one, but I will go ahead and make an educated guess. I assume that the bar represents how many PSE enemies are in the area, and the other one that looks like a vertex represent more enemies coming into the map.

PSE Burst happens when you get a PSE to lv 8. Cross Burst seems to happen when you get 2 PSE over lv 8, and it continues as you continue to get more or maintain PSEs over lv 8.

Again, these are just guesses. I will do more testing tonight.