PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on getting discs?

holmwood
Jun 23, 2012, 01:32 AM
I've been using Foie for AGES. :<

DreXxiN
Jun 23, 2012, 01:45 AM
On the second floor on the right side of the weapons merchant you can purchase discs.

Vylera
Jun 23, 2012, 01:49 AM
Talk to the purple ? that's usually next to the green rubix cube icon scattered around the lobby. Click the first option, then just click the big button at the bottom and it'll search up whatever's listed on people's myshops. Click on an item and click the option on the <- left, and then it'll look like a shop with the + and - icons. Some people may be selling discs that you'll like/need.

Other than that, it's all luck of the draw. I'm just glad that you can skip levels for techs in this game.

moorebounce
You can buy them from the shop but the levels aren't as high as if you find them yourself during your quests.

BIG OLAF
Some discs seem to be pretty rare, though. I've been looking for that one spear PA that throws the waves of energy out in front of the player for ages. Same with the sword PA that flings the circular ring of wind.

Also, Shifta/Deband/Grants is obvious in the 'OMFG RARE' department.

sugarFO
Buy them from other players. Use this guide:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196232

Crimson Exile
Just keep leveling up they will drop. Slowly but surely

Zina1024
Jun 23, 2012, 02:09 AM
well it seem like I got a lot of work to do lol, thanks for the tips guys :)

moorebounce
Jun 23, 2012, 02:14 AM
Some discs seem to be pretty rare, though. I've been looking for that one spear PA that throws the waves of energy out in front of the player for ages. Same with the sword PA that flings the circle-shaped ring of wind.

Also, Shifta/Deband/Grants is obvious in the 'OMFG RARE' department.

I have that PA and I love it to death.

MasterSpark
Jun 23, 2012, 02:18 AM
Both Grants Techs from Maloo with high affection. Both are amazing techs, and worthwhile grinding out her affection levels to get them.

Please explain this further. Maloo is the short lady with pink/purple hair, right? How does her affection levels work?

Sidney
Jun 23, 2012, 02:20 AM
Please explain this further. Maloo is the short lady with pink/purple hair, right? How does her affection levels work?

I second this - would love to know more. Is it a reward for doing a bunch of quests for her?

Touka
Jun 23, 2012, 02:21 AM
Probably the same way it worked in PSP 2,just pick her a lot for missions and eventually she'll give you techs?

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 02:21 AM
Have them in your party an get S rank. They give out various presents

MasterSpark
Jun 23, 2012, 02:25 AM
All right, thank you. I'm not sure how to include Maloo in my party, though. I can't find the rewarding of her partner card anywhere in the client order guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194418) here on PSOW. Is there more information somewhere else?

OpheliaInfinity
Jun 23, 2012, 02:29 AM
All right, thank you. I'm not sure how to include Maloo in my party, though. I can't find the rewarding of her partner card anywhere in the client order guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194418) here on PSOW. Is there more information somewhere else?
Complete the Staff and Talis Client Orders. I can't confirm myself but that's how it worked similarly with Ohza and Lisa. (all the kill x20 forest mobs with X weapon orders) ^-^

MasterSpark
Jun 23, 2012, 02:30 AM
Complete the Staff and Talis Client Orders. I can't confirm myself but that's how it worked similarly with Ohza and Lisa. ^-^

Oh, right. Just complete all of her orders and she'll give you her card. Figures.

Thanks. :)

Miyoko
Jun 23, 2012, 02:33 AM
I'm getting absolutely screwed on disks, myself. I found lots in closed beta and pre-open, but of course as soon as our characters aren't getting wiped, I get nothing. I was using the starting / store bought grenade and assault rifle techs until Lv9. I didn't see a single other tech for either one until around level 10 :(

holmwood
Jun 23, 2012, 07:41 PM
You can buy the basic 3 Single TECHS.
I found Gifoie, Gibarta, Rabarta and Gizonde in the Forest.
Found Razonde and Deband in the Caves.
Got Sazonde from Rappies.
Rafoie from Desert.
Both Grants Techs from Maloo with high affection. Both are amazing techs, and worthwhile grinding out her affection levels to get them.

Affection levels? Mind explaining what that is? XD

-----

And thank you all for your replies. I bought all the necessary discs from the myshop. :D

IndigoNovember
Jun 23, 2012, 08:57 PM
Affection levels? Mind explaining what that is? XD

Just a few posts up:

Have them in your party an get S rank. They give out various presents

You can check their current status by looking at the smiley face next to their partner card when you are summoning them.

Gardios
Jun 23, 2012, 09:04 PM
For some reason I find tons of Gunslash PA's but I'm still stuck with 3 Assault Rifle and Launcher ones... I've been using Lisa now whenever I get the chance, but getting the affection up sure takes a lot of time.

OpheliaInfinity
Jun 23, 2012, 09:34 PM
Um.. do we know if their affection level can go down if you fail missions?

Tend to be doing that alot when I'm alone and the rockbear does his execution move. n.n

Randomness
Jun 23, 2012, 09:59 PM
You can buy them from the shop but the levels aren't as high as if you find them yourself during your quests.

I don't think the shop ever changes selection, and it's always level 1.

It's nice for mag food though (discs give a decent chunk of ability)

Also, bringing the force NPCs along for several missions can result in presents when you talk to them (first option), but I'm not sure if they implemented the later gifts, because every time I got something other than the normal short text bit after the first, I didn't find anything new in my inventory.

On the other hand, the purple force girl's first gift was Grants. Too bad it's aim sucks in TPS mode (the autotarget is really fussy, and there's no indicator). Does good damage though, on par with Foie.

The other force girl merely gave me resta. And level 1. Kind of worthless since it's cheap in the shop, and her card is gotten so much later than the others.

Ueno54
Jun 24, 2012, 01:03 AM
Maloo won't talk to me no matter what class I'm on. Is there a prereq for her?

Oh and I thought Echo gave Grants while Maloo gave Gigrants, or was that misinformation from CB? Only place I found grants was the auction house.

~Inu~
Jun 24, 2012, 01:10 AM
I'm getting absolutely screwed on disks, myself. I found lots in closed beta and pre-open, but of course as soon as our characters aren't getting wiped, I get nothing. I was using the starting / store bought grenade and assault rifle techs until Lv9. I didn't see a single other tech for either one until around level 10 :(

I was in the same boat as you, I was horribly unlucky with artes and I think I had pretty much every tech by the time I was level 10 (Excluding S/D/Grants)
The only real advice I can give to the players is get to Hard Difficulty; I've been finding all sorts of level 6 tech discs and I have nearly every arte I knew of before OB now (except 2)

Alena Zouryx
Jun 24, 2012, 01:13 AM
Just wanted to add that I managed to find Deband level 3 in the Forest free field mission right before maintenance. :D

... also, does anyone know if Grants discs are exclusively from Maru, or is that just the most reliable way to get them?

holmwood
Jun 24, 2012, 04:57 AM
Okay, according to http://pso2.swiki.jp . . .

Grant: Have maloo in your team and get S rank 5 times
Gi Grant: Have maloo in your team and get S rank 20 times.

30 times for level 5 resta

40 times for level 5 anti

:eek: