PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone who's leveled alone

Mocha
Jun 23, 2012, 01:44 AM
Are the missions still laggy if you go solo?

I tried doing a few missions earlier with some friends but the lag was aggravating so I ended up just stopping.

Also is the exp better?

Dragwind
Jun 23, 2012, 01:53 AM
In the past, playing with others (especially multi party areas) seemed to lag a little bit more, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

As far as exp goes, it seemed slower to level up as opposed to leveling up with a party.

Daveach
Jun 23, 2012, 01:55 AM
Hmm, lag is still there, even if you are alone. Not as bad as in Multi-Party Areas (where lag is that bad, that mobs are already dead, and keep doing damage). Yeah, lag was pretty bad today. The exp is the same BUT, fewer mobs spawn (for example, on the Dagan Extermination mission [forest, 3rd quest], at the start, if you are alone, usually the rappy spawn is of 3, and if you have a party, its 6 [full party, with NPC or other players]) though, im not entirely sure about that last thing.
Hope this helps...

Vylera
Jun 23, 2012, 01:56 AM
The servers are still a bit clunky, so you'll experience some lag spikes every now and again even if you solo. But hopefully that will be remedied with the maintanence that's happening right now.

EXP is worse playing solo, because there is less spawn and less people killing stuff for you.

Bringing NPC buddies helps the spawn rate, but they can't kill as fast as real people.

Mocha
Jun 23, 2012, 02:03 AM
I'm used to PSU where I just ran missions all day, not familiar with those Client Request thingies.

I'll look into them, thanks for all the responses everyone.

ZeroRageX
Jun 23, 2012, 03:39 AM
Definitely faster to level in groups.
The lag issues today were hitting everyone, and was a server side issue, which is a reason servers are down for a bit. I doubt SoJ expected the servers to get flooded as fast as they were. Good to see they are quick to address the issues though