PDA

View Full Version : Role-playing?

Seiku
Jun 23, 2012, 02:15 AM
Anyone on these forums Role-Play? Any Ideas for Role-play during launch?

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 23, 2012, 02:16 AM
I semi-rp as KOS-MOS, but it's very light and inconsistent. x3
I DO have experience rping though! ;D

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 02:19 AM
I semi-rp as KOS-MOS, but it's very light and inconsistent. x3
I DO have experience rping though! ;D
I saw you a few times to day. Nice character!

Porkmaster
Jun 23, 2012, 02:26 AM
I shall roleplay as THE PORKMASTER. I have countless pigs following me wherever I go. When I get angry, I'll slap you with a pig. When I get hungry, I'll eat a pig. When I don't feel like walking, I'll ride a pig. Guess what happens when it's sexy time?

Also, I'm a robot.

Crimson Exile
Jun 23, 2012, 02:41 AM
I shall roleplay as THE PORKMASTER. I have countless pigs following me wherever I go. When I get angry, I'll slap you with a pig. When I get hungry, I'll eat a pig. When I don't feel like walking, I'll ride a pig. Guess what happens when it's sexy time?

Also, I'm a robot.
Ah rrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggg ghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttt

VonHalford
Jun 23, 2012, 03:01 AM
I'm the best

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 23, 2012, 03:03 AM
I saw you a few times to day. Nice character!

Awe, thankies~ ^w^

Rhedrimond
Jun 23, 2012, 03:15 AM
There's actually a pretty large community of PSO2 roleplayers. Most of us hang out on Ship 10, and are currently working on getting both in-game and forum RP started up! :D

Seiku
Jun 23, 2012, 03:16 AM
Awesome! I was worried that PSO 2 would be distinctly lacking in the RP department. Guess i'd better start working on Seiku as a character

Rhedrimond
Jun 23, 2012, 03:21 AM
Lacking in RP? Not if we have anything to say about it! XD I'll have my own character bio up here and a few other places shortly, once I figure out some more things about the plot.

I'll keep a look out for you in-game! Maybe we should have some big RPer get-together event for the launch.

Narue Moon
Jun 23, 2012, 03:25 AM
Any RPers on Ship 2?

Porkmaster
Jun 23, 2012, 03:25 AM
There are. They've all been slapped with pigs, though.

Narue Moon
Jun 23, 2012, 03:34 AM
There are. They've all been slapped with pigs, though.

Now all makes sense.

Gama
Jun 23, 2012, 03:44 AM
i roleplay when it will lead to something funny.

we were all born to be actors. digital actors :o

AlMcFly
Jun 23, 2012, 03:46 AM
I model my characters after myself, and how I would act in this world. So in a sense, I roleplay all day long baby.

Porkmaster
Jun 23, 2012, 03:48 AM
Sounds to me like you need another pig to the face, Al.

Succubus
Jun 23, 2012, 03:50 AM
I modeled my character after Aigis from persona 3 :D (if anyone knows the game ;; )
Haven't really been doing any rp stuff with her though..to avoid dat pig to the face

Gama
Jun 23, 2012, 03:58 AM
I model my characters after myself, and how I would act in this world. So in a sense, I roleplay all day long baby.

if you saw a picture of myself youd be mind blown.

i just dont have red hair and a ponytail.

ZIE creations
Jun 23, 2012, 04:10 AM
Roleplay? I AM JESUS!!! WHY DOES NO ONE BELIEVE ME.. also... I'm a ninja >.>

Northern.Khione
Jul 5, 2012, 01:44 AM
Before I go setting things up, would anyone actually be interested in a Ship 2 roleplay team?

Squall179
Jul 5, 2012, 02:08 AM
I actually do some RP.

MissMalice
Jul 5, 2012, 02:32 AM
I play tabletop RPGs. Its kinda the same thing, just minus the dice rolling. I could probably go for some RPing, but work has kept me quite busy these days. :c

Perhaps a RP Guild in-game would be the best route to take, while people [such as myself] who can't be on the game that often can keep up with roleplaying via an RP thread?

KurotenZer0
Jul 5, 2012, 09:24 AM
Ship 10 roleplaying team?
Sign-up form please

Zyrusticae
Jul 5, 2012, 09:29 AM
I RP and have already set up my character with a bunch of IC autowords.

A team would be nice, yes-yes...

Slidikins
Jul 5, 2012, 09:36 AM
I've been trying to RP a bit with my HUcaseal. Auto-words really help out there, but otherwise it's tough staying in character around non RP'ers. I also play tabletop games (mostly 4e right now) so most of my RP creativity is being funneled there these days.

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 10:42 AM
Ship 2 RPer here as well. I'm already in a team however so I wouldn't be able to join a RP team. *sad face* Perhaps in advance set up RP meeting spots on certain blocks/areas and go from there? (perhaps even the block 20 clubs, I've never seen anyone there aside from the meet and greet a little while back.)

Dycize
Jul 5, 2012, 11:17 AM
Well currently it's a bit hard to set up blocks since SEGA is juggling with them, with block 20 being a level 30-40 block if I remember well?...

Oh, I'm on ship 2 and a roleplayer as well. My char's in my sig, and I'm generally in... Whatever block the game puts me in.

Also yeah, the clubs are empty, sometimes I wander there and see nobody or someone just... standing there. Maybe one of the 3X blocks?

Ce'Nedra
Jul 5, 2012, 12:15 PM
I got some roleplaying expierence, as well the naughty part of roleplaying but I haven't been seriously in to it lately anymore.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 5, 2012, 01:01 PM
I have RP experience, though I suggest we wait until the game stabilizes a 'bit' more before beginning anything serious. (yeah, gonna be joining a team, sorry. The meeting places would be cool, though.)

Rhedrimond
Jul 5, 2012, 02:00 PM
Ship 10 roleplaying team?
Sign-up form please

There already is one! :D

We currently have around 18 active RPers in the team so far. Let us know if you'd like an invite!

Drifting Fable
Jul 5, 2012, 02:06 PM
I'm in the same situation as enforcer. Waiting till the game stabilizes a bit more.

Though if there's a Ship 2 RP team, I'll be happy to join up.

Most of my experience is in the post-by-post field though.

Dxluv
Jul 5, 2012, 02:17 PM
As long as it isn't too creepy and lame, I'd like to roleplay on Ship 2.

Pentence
Jul 5, 2012, 02:24 PM
Check my sig we can revitalize the PSOw. RP community!

KurotenZer0
Jul 5, 2012, 02:26 PM
Roleplaying application?
Yes please
IC: Haiiro; Account: KurotenZer0

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 5, 2012, 04:29 PM
I just made my toon on ship 2, and I would love to role play. I have years of experience... even a few months on Moonguard in wow. No I wasn't as extreme as some of them, but I did like to have fun.

Edit: Oh my name is "Atrimis" I'm a shy Newman Force. Back in PSO on GC I was a human force, but now that I'm not stuck with a goofy hat, crazy over-done ears, and what look like boat-inspired platform shoes, I'm very happy to be a newman.

Rhedrimond
Jul 5, 2012, 05:39 PM
Yes please
IC: Haiiro; Account: KurotenZer0

I whispered you a couple of times, but didn't get any response, so I sent you a friend request.

I'll pester you again later to meet up so I can send the Team invite. :D

Saylas
Jul 5, 2012, 07:02 PM
I'm interested in doing some role playing on ship 2, too. I went there because I heard that's where the english speaking community was, but didn't realize there were any rp'ers that played. Kinda hard to find any role playing in MMORPGs, so I don't really expect it anymore, but I'd love to be a part of it.

Northern.Khione
Jul 5, 2012, 08:36 PM
I created a team named Linear. Buut, since servers are down, we can't really do anything with it. Once they're back up, I'll try inviting everyone I can who says they are interested.

Deviruki
Jul 5, 2012, 08:38 PM
I rp as Deviruki. I think I'm doing a pretty good job.

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 08:41 PM
Perhaps we should create a "Meet-n-Greet" for RPers, find a team or a group of players you like and take off from there. I'm sure I'm not the only RPer that's already in a Team. (Love my team though, I don't want to leave but I would like to meet up for some RP)

DreXxiN
Jul 5, 2012, 08:42 PM
Perhaps we should create a "Meet-n-Greet" for RPers, find a team or a group of players you like and take off from there. I'm sure I'm not the only RPer that's already in a Team. (Love my team though, I don't want to leave but I would like to meet up for some RP)

Don't do it. You'll get trolled and you know it. It's best you guys organize some kind of group on PSO-W to get organized.

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 08:44 PM
Don't do it. You'll get trolled and you know it. It's best you guys organize some kind of group on PSO-W to get organized.

Of course I'd never just walk into the lobby saying: "Hey who likes RP?" @_@

DreXxiN
Jul 5, 2012, 08:46 PM
Of course I'd never just walk into the lobby saying: "Hey who likes RP?" @_@

You'd be surprised how many do and then are shocked when they discover human beings like ruining events for the sole purpose of getting people upset.

TheBlackMage
Jul 5, 2012, 08:59 PM
You'd be surprised how many do and then are shocked when they discover human beings like ruining events for the sole purpose of getting people upset.

lol it's like Kindergarten all over again before your 1st day there everyone in your short whole life loves you: Mom, Dad, your siblings, the pet. then you get there and the kids all make fun of you. :P

Infiniteque
Jul 5, 2012, 11:07 PM
Heck yes, other people RP on PSO? Awesome stuff.

I have plans for 3 characters in PSO2.. their stories are currently in-the-works. They'll be "sequel" characters as is the game itself!

Rhedrimond
Jul 5, 2012, 11:58 PM
RP Events and Meet-and-Greets are a great way to get the community together, especially from different groups. There will always be trolls; that shouldn't stop you from trying things.

DreXxiN
Jul 6, 2012, 12:04 AM
RP Events and Meet-and-Greets are a great way to get the community together, especially from different groups. There will always be trolls; that shouldn't stop you from trying things.

I have nothing against RPers; my brother is an active roleplayer. However, any time him and his community try to publicize any form of meeting for RPers it's ruined by people who try REALLY REALLY hard to ruin things =/. Even worse since this is a F2P game..

Miyoko
Jul 6, 2012, 12:07 AM
I do partake in roleplay. I'm a theatre student, developing characters is a lot of fun for me.

I haven't really found a situation in which to do so yet, however. I've also heard one of my friends saying she wanted to make an RP guild. I need to get a hold of them and ask about it...

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 6, 2012, 12:43 AM
Darn, you mean the RP community is on 10 more than 2? Does that mean I need to re-make my character again!?

TheBlackMage
Jul 6, 2012, 12:46 AM
10 seems to be established, 2 has some good potential but as far as I can tell no one has taken the initiative to get things moving. I know I myself want to lvl a little bit more before I start looking for some RP buddies since it allows for more areas/weapons/armor/etc...

Alena Zouryx
Jul 6, 2012, 12:57 AM
Like Rhedrimond already said, we're a part of a long-running community of PSO role-players called "The Vanguard", and we are actively playing on Ship 10, Block 20. We also have a team formed (myself, "Hako" and "Rhed" all have invitation authority), as well as a group BBS/forum (
http://s11.zetaboards.com/GurhalGuardianCorps/index/) that others are welcome to register for and participate.

There's plenty of us role-players around... you've just gotta know where to look! :3

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 6, 2012, 01:08 AM
Well since I wasn't online with PSO, Didn't like PSU and their end-game weapons (Just let me farm Ult Chaos Sorc for my wand damnit) and don't speak any japanese, I'm just doing what I can to get buy on PSO2... finding friends would be nice, but atm I'm only level 3 on ship 2.

TheBlackMage
Jul 6, 2012, 01:33 AM
Well since I wasn't online with PSO, Didn't like PSU and their end-game weapons (Just let me farm Ult Chaos Sorc for my wand damnit) and don't speak any japanese, I'm just doing what I can to get buy on PSO2... finding friends would be nice, but atm I'm only level 3 on ship 2.

Well if you really want to switch over to ship 10 I'd do it now while you're only lvl.3 and before you get comfortable, I love ship 2 and could never leave though :3 (If you decide to stay though hit me up I can introduce you to some friends of mine and help you out. ^^)

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 6, 2012, 02:31 AM
Well if you really want to switch over to ship 10 I'd do it now while you're only lvl.3 and before you get comfortable, I love ship 2 and could never leave though :3 (If you decide to stay though hit me up I can introduce you to some friends of mine and help you out. ^^)

With a personal directed invitation like that, how can I refuse? From what I've seen most PSO-World players are well into their double digits of levels, so I might not hit ya up right away. I'll definitely try and figure out how to send mail and trade partner cards (they're still doing that, right?) as soon as I get the hang of the other menus...

What I would give to be able to read katakana or for the game to have english options.

Alena Zouryx
Jul 6, 2012, 02:34 AM
I'll definitely try and figure out how to send mail and trade partner cards (they're still doing that, right?)

Mail is still in the game, yes. "Partner cards" have kinda been split up. Now there's simply a friend list and your "Arks Card", which you don't have to trade for people to view. It contains details about yourself such as your hobbies, wishlist, and can even have a symbol chat "signature".

There's a nice guide on how to edit your Arks Card here (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-opening-up-player-shops-and-arks-card/).

Drifting Fable
Jul 6, 2012, 06:43 AM
Hmmm I might just end up making another account just to join up with the community.

Curse me for jumping the gun for lv17 ship 2 account xD.

EDIT: Made a ship 10 account. So I'll be swapping back and forth between the two.

Neko Mage
Jul 6, 2012, 06:56 AM
This sounds fun, though I'm new to PSOW and I haven't really much chances to RP.

Kazzi
Jul 6, 2012, 08:02 AM
I would love to RP but I'm sticking with Ship 2 as it where all my friends are and I'm happy over here! Shame we haven't got an RP community like ship 10 though.

Zyrusticae
Jul 6, 2012, 08:23 AM
And this is why people warned about splitting the community.

Grumble, grumble, mutter, mutter, etc.

Northern.Khione
Jul 6, 2012, 08:31 AM
As stated earlier, I have created a team in hopes of rounding up those interested in roleplay. Unfortunately, as I have been unable to contact anyone else for whatever reason and am currently the only one in the team and thus the only one able to invite.
Since myself seeking out other people has not been working, I will leave the information here and when you can, send me a message and I will invite anyone interested. Assuming I am online at the time.

Ship 2
Team: Linear

Of course, those who are in different teams already will absolutely be invited to play when possible. This is just a way of hopefully having a base for some semblance of a story line and a group who are readily available.

Miniyimi
Jul 6, 2012, 09:07 PM
I've never tried rping in game but it might be cool.

Saylas
Jul 6, 2012, 10:11 PM
I went ahead and made myself another account for ship 10, so I'll pretty much just switch between the two at will. My character has the same name on both ships: Nyss

Rhedrimond
Jul 6, 2012, 11:44 PM
I went ahead and made myself another account for ship 10, so I'll pretty much just switch between the two at will. My character has the same name on both ships: Nyss

We'll keep a lookout for you! If you'd like an invite to the Vanguard's RP team, just look for me, Alena, Hako, or Kaminari. :D

Brimcon
Jul 7, 2012, 05:03 PM
Was wondering when I'd see this thread.. shame I noticed it too late. Was hoping you guys were on 2, not 10.. I already paid for AC, and am now level 22, I would have come an joined you all for RPs.

Maybe I'll make another account, but I think I might wait till International.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 7, 2012, 05:30 PM
And this is why people warned about splitting the community.

Grumble, grumble, mutter, mutter, etc.

-wishes people had listened to the warnings- *grumble*

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 7, 2012, 06:10 PM
Well now more people are going to be on 10 anyways, since the first 5 ships are blocked from Character Creation.

Northern.Khione
Jul 7, 2012, 06:34 PM
I don't understand why people are acting like roleplay can only exist on ship 10.
From the sound of this thread, there are plenty of people on 2 who would like to do something.

Brimcon
Jul 7, 2012, 07:09 PM
I don't understand why people are acting like roleplay can only exist on ship 10.
From the sound of this thread, there are plenty of people on 2 who would like to do something.

Not exactly sure this is true, there's like maybe.. five people that I know of? It seems like everyone wants to gather at 10 anyways. Just seems to be the better idea.

I don't know, I'm here, but I don't know what I'm looking for.

Northern.Khione
Jul 7, 2012, 07:52 PM
Not exactly sure this is true, there's like maybe.. five people that I know of?

Just glancing over the thread, there are at least thirteen people who have said they are on ship 2 and interested in roleplaying there.

Brimcon
Jul 7, 2012, 08:54 PM
So where exactly is the meeting spot for you guys? Looked around Block 20 on ship 10, with no avail. Not sure about the other blocks.

Quebe_Lae
Jul 7, 2012, 09:07 PM
OMGDZ. The only other possible way to make PSO2 more addictive than it already is... Sleeping and eating are optional.... right?

Time for me to create a backstory...

Rhedrimond
Jul 7, 2012, 09:51 PM
So where exactly is the meeting spot for you guys? Looked around Block 20 on ship 10, with no avail. Not sure about the other blocks.

We usually hang out on block 20 to play, but tend to RP on less crowded blocks like block 30.

As for Ship 10, we chose it during the first lockout so that all of our friends could play, and now things are in a similar situation.

The great thing about RP is that not everything has to take place in-game; regardless of ship, we can all still participate in forum RPs and discuss storylines and characters together.

Brimcon
Jul 7, 2012, 10:12 PM
We usually hang out on block 20 to play, but tend to RP on less crowded blocks like block 30.

As for Ship 10, we chose it during the first lockout so that all of our friends could play, and now things are in a similar situation.

The great thing about RP is that not everything has to take place in-game; regardless of ship, we can all still participate in forum RPs and discuss storylines and characters together.

Of course, I was just hoping to meet up with someone from Vanguard eventually.

Asuni
Jul 8, 2012, 12:20 AM
There's actually a pretty large community of PSO2 roleplayers. Most of us hang out on Ship 10, and are currently working on getting both in-game and forum RP started up! :D

Oh cool I'm on ship 10

Alena Zouryx
Jul 8, 2012, 01:00 PM

Really? I wasn't aware of this. o_O I had no idea you guys decided on Block 30 for RPing... Pffbt. And here I've been crusading for Block 10. Ship 10 Block 10 sounds prettier. >:c

I'm just always on Block 20 or My Room. I don't like to make it difficult for others to find me.

Oh, and Ship 10's getting locked by tonight's maintenance, bee tee dubs.

Of course, I was just hoping to meet up with someone from Vanguard eventually.

I'm chatting in the lobby and helping players 95% of the time. I get a lot of flack for not actually leveling, but meh. :P I'm there a LOT. When I'm not there, I'm either in a mission or in my room. Search for my player ID "Taryn" and go there to see if I'm idling, chatting, or RPing with buddies; or heck, whisper me. I'm around. A lot.

Rhedrimond
Jul 8, 2012, 03:26 PM
We haven't decided on block 30 officially, we've just used it a few times. You were also on the channel when we discussed it. XD

Also, we met up with Valon/Brimcon last night. He's in the team now.

And we'll keep a lookout for you, Asuni!

Alena Zouryx
Jul 8, 2012, 11:09 PM
We haven't decided on block 30 officially, we've just used it a few times. You were also on the channel when we discussed it. XD

I probably was doing a mission (system chat bombardment) or being social in the lobby (public chat bombardment). Either way... mahbad, yo. xD

... I still vote for Block 10, though.

TechnoV
Jul 8, 2012, 11:26 PM
If I RP, can I be a CAST whose cybernetic brain got damaged from lava leaking in during a fight with a Vol Dragon making me randomly forget where I am and what I'm doing thereby causing me to die very often? Is that okay?

Rhedrimond
Jul 9, 2012, 01:15 AM
If I RP, can I be a CAST whose cybernetic brain got damaged from lava leaking in during a fight with a Vol Dragon making me randomly forget where I am and what I'm doing thereby causing me to die very often? Is that okay?

It most certainly is! Though due to ARKS budget cuts, they won't have much money to rebuild you each time you die. Sure, they'll try and use some spare parts from those faulty, ever-crashing VTOL planes the first couple times, but in the end they might just stick your memory core inside a rappy doll. You will hence be known as the 6 Meseta Man.

Them RPs can be so heart-wrenching and dramatics.

Infiniteque
Feb 26, 2015, 01:14 AM
So...... how 'bout an update? Are people still RPing on PSO2 and if so, where exactly?

Been wanting to get into a community for a long while now with no luck..

Dycize
Feb 26, 2015, 02:27 AM
So...... how 'bout an update? Are people still RPing on PSO2 and if so, where exactly?

Forbidden arts of necromancy aside, we got the still pretty active PSO2 RP Group (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=452) right here on PSOW.
Ship 2 and ship 10 got RPers.
I may also lead a semi-RP team on ship 2.

Sara-hime
Feb 26, 2015, 11:19 AM
Thanks, I completely forgot this is a thing! And on the two ships I'm on as well! ^_^

Aldotsk
Feb 26, 2015, 11:45 AM

Hello!

http://s15.zetaboards.com/pso2roleplayers/index/

Please visit this site to register and post frequently for any PSO2 roleplaying related community.

Anyone is welcomed even if they are new to roleplaying :)

Thanks, I completely forgot this is a thing! And on the two ships I'm on as well! ^_^

Be sure to visit as well!

Vintasticvin
Feb 26, 2015, 06:29 PM
Sara you knew theres Rp on ship 2 >_< I share stories of what goes on with my characters :3

I'll admit the rp community hasn't really been doing a good job having promoting it to the general public

Sara-hime
Feb 26, 2015, 10:03 PM
I haven't been on as much either too. I'm so busy playing catch up that RP completely skipped my mind! ^_^;

Alisha
Feb 26, 2015, 10:51 PM
please don't erp on pso2......

kuromechan
Feb 26, 2015, 11:11 PM

people already do just deal with it. as long it's not LARPers

Vintasticvin
Feb 26, 2015, 11:19 PM

xD Funny stuff

Aldotsk
Feb 26, 2015, 11:21 PM

Epic Roleplay? Indeed we will do it :)

Vintasticvin
Feb 26, 2015, 11:30 PM
Epic Roleplay? Indeed we will do it :)

Eww... gross keep it to rooms only man >_> We don't need space STDs bad enough we have space demons running flying and swimming about.

thehondachef
Feb 26, 2015, 11:59 PM
I roleplay as a shy, socially-awkward, attractive woman who is attracted to women.

MOST of those things hold true IRL. I'll leave it to your imaginations. ;-)