PDA

View Full Version : Should i move...

Dark Renegade
Jun 23, 2012, 04:05 AM
right now im on ship 6 and thinking of going to 2 if its not locked. but i also read on the forums that people are going to ship 10 casue ship 2 is laggy.which ship is good to go to.
Also if i delete my character can i still make a new one for free?

Narue Moon
Jun 23, 2012, 04:06 AM
I didn't have any lag problem on Ship 2. Works fine to me.

Blackheart521
Jun 23, 2012, 04:06 AM
It's up to you, majority of people are on two, MOST of the very active forum users are on there as well... and yes if you delete you can make a new character free ^^

ashley50
Jun 23, 2012, 04:07 AM
You should be able to use the same slot for moving to ship 2.

But if you've gone far while in Ship 10, might as well stay in there.

ZIE creations
Jun 23, 2012, 04:08 AM
if you delete your character you can make a new one. If I was you, ship 2 for the win! (since I'm there) from what I know most people are planning on moving there on openings anyways, plust I'm sure it has the largest of the English communities, unless you like smaller knit communities then 10 could be your favorite cake! (ship 4 has some players on it too... not for a good reason tho >.>)

Blackheart521
Jun 23, 2012, 04:08 AM
You should be able to use the same slot for moving to ship 2.

But if you've gone far while in Ship 10, might as well stay in there.

He is in 6 right now, not 10

jtenma
Jun 23, 2012, 04:12 AM
I didn't have any lag problem on Ship 2. Works fine to me.

Ok, you have ZERO lag problems....really? :-?

I love this game to death, but the servers are so consistently bad right now--I don't know how you just said that.

I would imagine all ships are the same though.

AlMcFly
Jun 23, 2012, 04:13 AM
I recommend Ship 02. Half the day it is really laggy but mobs are still easy to dodge (just might not register a hit for a bit). A lot of it could be mitigated if 50 people weren't dancing in the lobby at all times XDXD Besides, this maintenance may be addressing the lag concerns.

Dark Renegade
Jun 23, 2012, 04:15 AM
planing on moving to ship 2 but what about items i collected?

Junkboy
Jun 23, 2012, 04:18 AM
planing on moving to ship 2 but what about items i collected?

You could say goodbye before you wipe them and move ^^;

Narue Moon
Jun 23, 2012, 04:18 AM
Ok, you have ZERO lag problems....really? :-?

Seriously.

VonHalford
Jun 23, 2012, 04:24 AM
Ship 10 all the way. Less lag, tons of English players in Block 20 at all times. You'll never not have someone to help you or talk to.

Junkboy
Jun 23, 2012, 04:31 AM
Ship 10 all the way. Less lag, tons of English players in Block 20 at all times. You'll never not have someone to help you or talk to.

I played on both for a day each and 10 is certainly more than fine , but since I only got to lvl 6 and the ship opened up I moved yesterday morning. :p

renrinken
Jun 23, 2012, 04:31 AM
TBH lag is a bit irrelevent to conversation. If your standing in one place chatting in lobby, worst that can happen is your message take 2 seconds to appear.

Ship choice is obviously about community, and most participating in community I do is in lobbies. I run open games all the time but either people dont join or they are always silent.

So simply hang out in lobbies during lag spikes and quest when its smooth sailing. But I love S2 lobbies, pretty fun a lively. Definitely worth the occasional lag.

Dark Renegade
Jun 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
how do delete my character? and is ship 2 open or locked?

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 23, 2012, 11:48 AM
ship 2 not laggy enough to me to warrant a move from pretty much all the english players.

its a little laggy, but only during peak hours, and i rarely play during those times. its pretty lag free from 1 pm to 8 pst for me.

most of the time the lag isn't bad enough to cause teleporting though. damage lags, but i don't mind so long as i can still guard the boss and he's not teleporting.

sometimes they do teleport, but only at super high peak times.

riezahughes
Jun 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
since the first maintenance, 2 has really improved. There's a LOT of english players there.

Dark Renegade
Jun 23, 2012, 12:10 PM
ok guys im official on ship 2 now.

Ign: Ayona

Class: Hunter

Ship: 2

Itsuki
Jun 23, 2012, 12:22 PM
A few notes about the lag on ship 2:

Some people don't experience it because of the times they play. The servers are laggy to the point of being unplayable during prime time in Japan (maybe 6pm to 11pm JST, which is roughly 5am to 10am EST in the US, 10am to 3pm BST). Most English speakers aren't really on during this time.

If you're on opposite that, say... 5pm to 10pm EST (6am to 11am JST), you probably wouldn't notice any lag because the servers are comparatively empty, no matter what ship you are on.

During prime japanese time, ship 2 is probably close to 90% full from my experience. As in, none of those little bars under the blocks are less than maybe 80% full, and most are more full than that. But during prime american time, those bars are a lot closer to 20% full.

Dark Renegade
Jun 23, 2012, 12:38 PM
thanks for the heads up. sure are alot of nice people on the forums