PDA

View Full Version : Game's music

jtenma
Jun 23, 2012, 04:56 AM
I see talks of translations, combat, mags, customization(even has its own dedicated thread), and even photon chairs....

...but nothing on the music!!???! When I first stepped in that forest stage...I was all, "DAAAAYYYUUMM". The music has always been the staple of PSO. It is at its greatest here.

Fun Fact: Say you are in C-1 area in a level, if you go to C-3 for example, the stage music changes. This means that there are 2 songs (battle and non-battle) for each area in a level. Hopefully I explained that right and didnt confuse anyone. :-) It is much more noticeable in the forest level!

Next time you are online, show that music some respect! >:O

ZIE creations
Jun 23, 2012, 04:57 AM
Do a search, there is actually a thread about the music lol

Porkmaster
Jun 23, 2012, 04:57 AM
Music?

Fusioneko
Jun 23, 2012, 04:58 AM
Haha, and the one guy who happens to have a playlist for it. :3

renrinken
Jun 23, 2012, 05:01 AM
I have to say I highly disagree with OP.

A amazing bgm is one your dont notice. Something that is absolutely perfect for immersion that creates a place that you are in. Music is only noticeable when it does not fit perfectly.

So a lack of mention of bgm means its doing a great job.

Fusioneko
Jun 23, 2012, 05:04 AM

A amazing bgm is one your dont notice. Something that is absolutely perfect for immersion that creates a place that you are in. Music is only noticeable when it does not fit perfectly.

For me I notice the music, but for games, theres games like .. AMNESIA, which is all about that ambience. Oh my god. Wear headphones, play, be immersed by the sounds, hear, distract, fall apart.

But song, and music make the game feel more alive, a lot of the time in active gameplay it can be ignored, you won't think about it, but when you stop to take a break in the lobby, and mostly, of course. there's always noise infront of it. You'll rarely hear the music over something being shot, killed, or most other things. But when you stop... and listen, take a break, a breath.

Porkmaster
Jun 23, 2012, 05:07 AM
Then what are your thoughts on Dark Ragne's boss music, Renrinken? Not only is it extremely noticeable, but it also fits the mood and surroundings flawlessly.

renrinken
Jun 23, 2012, 05:10 AM
Then what are your thoughts on Dark Ragne's boss music, Renrinken? Not only is it extremely noticeable, but it also fits the mood and surroundings flawlessly.

Thought my post was obvious with my praises with the BGM =p

BGM fits immersion of the perfectly, and music transitions into boss fights just get you so much into it.

PSO had amazing immersion and PSO2 does it even better. No boss bgm actually breaks immersion, but instead strengthens it.

My whole "disagreeing with OP" was directed at his critism at the community for not praising its bgm enough.

Porkmaster
Jun 23, 2012, 05:14 AM
Ah, I see.

Speaking of OP, he hasn't said anything for awhile. Perhaps he's shocked that he got shut down less than a minute after making this thread.

jtenma
Jun 23, 2012, 05:17 AM

I disagree with that soo much. It would take an entirely new topic to argue that. :)

But it does fit well and is noticeable to those who are "aurally gifted". It was designed to be more than just a BGM, it was designed to give a sense of urgency during the highs and lows of the mission.

Why would they even bother, if to make good music meant having your work ignored.....?

EDIT: also, how would you notice that? lol (what I have underlined)

renrinken
Jun 23, 2012, 05:19 AM
I disagree with that soo much. It would take an entirely new topic to argue that. :)

But it does fit well and is noticeable to those who are "aurally gifted". It was designed to be more than just a BGM, it was designed to give a sense of urgency during the highs and lows of the mission.

Why would they even bother, if to make good music meant having your work ignored.....?

EDIT: also, how would you notice that? lol

lol did you ask "Why should sega care about immersion when no one can notice individual aspects ?". Conversation pretty much ended there. Especially when you start inserting fallacies in your edits.

jtenma
Jun 23, 2012, 05:19 AM
Ah, I see.

Speaking of OP, he hasn't said anything for awhile. Perhaps he's shocked that he got shut down less than a minute after making this thread.

Wait huh? No, I was looking at youtube videos..?

And shutdown? Off of what? Just making a topic to pass time?

*Goes back to looking at videos.

Porkmaster
Jun 23, 2012, 05:21 AM
*Grabs pork flavored popcorn*

Awwww shit, this is gettin' good.

jtenma
Jun 23, 2012, 05:22 AM
lol did you ask "Why should sega care about immersion when no one can notice individual aspects ?". Conversation pretty much ended there.

Woah woah. No, HOLD IT lol. You said good music is not noticed.... You're kidding right? Why would anyone even bother?

Did I explain that right, let me know if I didn't?

Once again, I don't want to upset anyone. If you feel upset I will just stop talking, as that was not my intention.

jtenma
Jun 23, 2012, 05:22 AM
*Grabs pork flavored popcorn*

Awwww shit, this is gettin' good.

WHat? LOL wow

Porkmaster
Jun 23, 2012, 05:24 AM
I'm just being silly. Anyway, enjoy the music. I'll be uploading more pretty soon.

ZIE creations
Jun 23, 2012, 05:25 AM
*Post is almost de-railed*
Don't make me post my first pony picture!

(serious note)
I think what he/she means by the music being noticeable as a bad thing is that it doesn't blend. There are some games where you will hear the music over your gameplay instead of having them run at the same time such as playing a radio over a movie, it doesn't relate to the movie and won't help you immerse into it.

jtenma
Jun 23, 2012, 05:26 AM
*Post is almost de-railed*
Don't make me post my first pony picture!

(serious note)
I think what he/she means by the music being noticeable as a bad thing is that it doesn't blend. There are some games where you will hear the music over your gameplay instead of having them run at the same time such as playing a radio over a movie, it doesn't relate to the movie and won't help you immerse into it.

WELL I DISAGHREE! >:0

...so there. -.-

jtenma
Jun 23, 2012, 05:27 AM
Wew! It sure is getting hot in here...ain't it?

<.<

Porkmaster
Jun 23, 2012, 05:28 AM
Yeah, that's why I'm naked.

ZIE creations
Jun 23, 2012, 05:29 AM
Wew! It sure is getting hot in here...ain't it?

<.<

I have my window open, a fan constantly on, water at my side, and just ate a popsicle like 5 minutes ago... I'm still hot as hell ^.-

renrinken
Jun 23, 2012, 05:30 AM
Speaking of which, otterpops are so good :3 Semi-addicted to them.

ZIE creations
Jun 23, 2012, 05:35 AM
Speaking of which, otterpops are so good :3 Semi-addicted to them.

oh, my, god, I havn't had an otterpop for like 2 years >.< whenever PSO2 is going down for more then 24 hours I'm going out to buy some!!!

DayDreamer
Jun 23, 2012, 05:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpyLdwfC5Ew&feature=related
Can you feel the tension?

I dont know about you but when you see a rockbear for the first time and this music plays,
I almost shit my pants o- o

jtenma
Jun 23, 2012, 06:02 AM
PSO2 Closed Beta: Emergency Code Duel (Miniboss) Theme - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpyLdwfC5Ew&feature=related)
Can you feel the tension?

I dont know about you but when you see a rockbear for the first time and this music plays,
I almost shit my pants o- o

yea, that music sounds like...i dunno. it makes me all nostalgic for some reason, like ive heard it somewhere in another game for a boss.

Akaimizu
Jun 23, 2012, 10:16 AM
That RockBear music sample sounds like (yeah, it's Sonic Team) the Sonic composers invaded PSO. It actually sounds more like a Sonic BGM than the others I've been hearing, playing the game. I almost expect when you defeat it, you'll see Dr. Eggman, in the distance, flying away.