PDA

View Full Version : Ability Up vs Weak Hit Advance vs Ranged Damage Up

Yurai
Jun 23, 2012, 05:45 AM
Have anyone done any experimentation on how much these three affect your damage? I'm kind of torn. Leaning towards ranged damage up, partly because it appears later in the tree, but also since it might be more consistent, based on how often you are able to hit weak points.

Miyoko
Jun 23, 2012, 05:58 AM
Weak hit (advance) has a percentage number on the skill tree, which tells you how much more your weak point hits are going to do. If you're good at aiming, I would assume that weak hit advance is going to give you the most damage, but this is Sega brand balance we're talking about.

renrinken
Jun 23, 2012, 06:01 AM
Not to deep into RA but I would assume Weak hit would have more DR compared to other talents.

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 23, 2012, 06:47 AM
Hmm, I was thinking about this too...
Well, you'll always be wanting to hit the vulnerable spots as a ranger, but a fair few shots may just miss them, especially against non-bosses...

You also have to consider that RA-Up would still add damage anyways...
I guess it depends on the situation, but I think, weak hit advance will likely be the winner.
At level 10, RA-Up gives you a full 50 attack points.

Now, I'm not sure what kind of attack you'll have at level 30, but at 13 I have 450. Although I'm probably guessing low, let's say you have 1,000 attack at level 30. 1050 would be 5% more damage. Weak hit advance will give you 25% more damage.
That's 20% more damage if you are hitting an enemy's weak point.

So, if at least 1/5 of your hits are hitting the weak point of a target, you are breaking even. If at least 1/4th of your hits are hitting the weak point, you are doing more.

This being a perspective of higher end play. If you could get RA-UP level 10 early on, it'd likely be more helpful for your damage due to 50 attack being a pretty significant boost in the earlier levels, later on though, 50 attack does become less significant.

When levels extend past level 30, weak hit advance will surely be more useful.
Perhaps if they go far enough though, you can end up getting both! ;D
But considering the cap is likely to be level 30 for a while and then level 40 for a while; I think going with weak hit advance would be a pretty safe bet. :3

Yurai
Jun 23, 2012, 07:08 AM
That is a sound argument, backed up by numbers. Seems like a safe route to go :)

Blackheart521
Jun 23, 2012, 09:28 AM
Hmm, I was thinking about this too...
Well, you'll always be wanting to hit the vulnerable spots as a ranger, but a fair few shots may just miss them, especially against non-bosses...

You also have to consider that RA-Up would still add damage anyways...
I guess it depends on the situation, but I think, weak hit advance will likely be the winner.
At level 10, RA-Up gives you a full 50 attack points.

Now, I'm not sure what kind of attack you'll have at level 30, but at 13 I have 450. Although I'm probably guessing low, let's say you have 1,000 attack at level 30. 1050 would be 5% more damage. Weak hit advance will give you 25% more damage.
That's 20% more damage if you are hitting an enemy's weak point.

So, if at least 1/5 of your hits are hitting the weak point of a target, you are breaking even. If at least 1/4th of your hits are hitting the weak point, you are doing more.

This being a perspective of higher end play. If you could get RA-UP level 10 early on, it'd likely be more helpful for your damage due to 50 attack being a pretty significant boost in the earlier levels, later on though, 50 attack does become less significant.

When levels extend past level 30, weak hit advance will surely be more useful.
Perhaps if they go far enough though, you can end up getting both! ;D
But considering the cap is likely to be level 30 for a while and then level 40 for a while; I think going with weak hit advance would be a pretty safe bet. :3

THIS is why every stat on the skill tree should be percentages and not just flat numbers... I want my percentage based HP bonuses :-x

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 23, 2012, 11:52 AM
THIS is why every stat on the skill tree should be percentages and not just flat numbers... I want my percentage based HP bonuses :-x

% hp up bonus would be decent. still wouldn't get it, but it'd make hp+ more attractive than it is now.