PDA

View Full Version : Trading in open beta?

FraB
Jun 23, 2012, 01:09 PM
I was asking around on ship 2, I've heard mixed answers but apparently trading is a premium feature, and is diabled in the beta? So if I find an item that's good for a friend, there is no possible way to get that item to them?

Seems kind of ridiculous that a basic and extremely important gameplay mechanic such as trading isn't included for free in a free to play game. I mean I can understand paying for certain features like multiple characters, skill tree resets, player shops and the like, but I find it hard to accept they would force fans of their game and potential future customers to pay for such a basic feature as trading... anyways correct me if I'm wrong, still not 100% sure how the trading system works.

Sizustar
Jun 23, 2012, 01:11 PM
I was asking around on ship 2, I've heard mixed answers but apparently trading is a premium feature, and is diabled in the beta? So if I find an item that's good for a friend, there is no possible way to get that item to them?

Seems kind of ridiculous that a basic and extremely important gameplay mechanic such as trading isn't included for free in a free to play game. I mean I can understand paying for certain features like multiple characters, skill tree resets, player shops and the like, but I find it hard to accept they would force fans of their game and potential future customers to pay for such a basic feature as trading... anyways correct me if I'm wrong, still not 100% sure how the trading system works.

It's to prevent gold miner / cheater from trading/selling by making new account.
But although trading is disabled, you can still sell stuff in Open Beta, you just have to time it with a friend, have him open your shop as you sell the item for minimum price.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 23, 2012, 01:20 PM
It's to prevent gold miner / cheater from trading/selling by making new account.
But although trading is disabled, you can still sell stuff in Open Beta, you just have to time it with a friend, have him open your shop as you sell the item for minimum price.

too bad all that's in moonspeak, even with guides, i can't get the shops to work for me+^_^+ i think they should of let us have trading at least until the AC services are up and running+^_^+

Thermalwolf
Jun 23, 2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah I understand there thinking behind this but for real... This SHOULD NOT be a premium feature. In fact, this is making me not like the game some what. The problem in the original PSO was the fact that there was just no safe way to trade. Now you have to PAY money to trade? Seriously, not a good idea what so ever. Gold sellers will buy the premium access to trade either way, they make a killing off people buying in game currency so unless it's going to cost a ridiculous amount of money to allow your account to trade, then it's pointless and just another way for Sega to profit. Oi, this is why I hate micro transactions....

FraB
Jun 23, 2012, 01:37 PM

thanks for the reply, so if I'm understanding this even half correctly, there is a possible way to transfer items to a friend in the beta? its hard to comprehend what you mean, no offense intended. If someone understands what sizustar is talking about and could give me a bit more of a comprehensive explanation I would appreciate it, thanks. Is he talking about player shops or the default NPC shops?

Sizustar
Jun 23, 2012, 02:39 PM
thanks for the reply, so if I'm understanding this even half correctly, there is a possible way to transfer items to a friend in the beta? its hard to comprehend what you mean, no offense intended. If someone understands what sizustar is talking about and could give me a bit more of a comprehensive explanation I would appreciate it, thanks. Is he talking about player shops or the default NPC shops?

It's pretty simple.
Currently in Open Beta, you get access to MY Room and MY Shop.
Thus you're able to set up shop and sell item.

Player A has an item that Player B wants.
Both player agree on a specific time, using ingame or other program to communicate.
Player A sells the item for the minimum 1000 Mesta, waits for Player B to locate his shop (You're able to find people's shop by their ID)
Player B finds Player A shop and wait.
Player A set item for sale
Player B buys item.

Item has been traded.
It's what our guild has been doing, mainly trading/giving Rappy Soul gear to our guild FO, but if have multiple item, it's best to trade 1 at a time.

Yeah I understand there thinking behind this but for real... This SHOULD NOT be a premium feature. In fact, this is making me not like the game some what. The problem in the original PSO was the fact that there was just no safe way to trade. Now you have to PAY money to trade? Seriously, not a good idea what so ever. Gold sellers will buy the premium access to trade either way, they make a killing off people buying in game currency so unless it's going to cost a ridiculous amount of money to allow your account to trade, then it's pointless and just another way for Sega to profit. Oi, this is why I hate micro transactions....

Perhaps, maybe not, because usually, the Gold buyer, wouldn't want to pay "real" money to the game to support it, so this negates it.
And since it cost money to become a "trader" Gold/cheater, once caught and banned, loses the money the spent, not sure if Sega will IP ban though.
This is also to prevent people from making mass number of "new" account and just spamming the Fun point, and Fun Garapon and flood the market with those items.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 23, 2012, 03:11 PM
I personally have no problem with the trading situation. I would have paid for this game if it was subscription based anyway so I don't mind paying for some "premium features". After all it's F2P and you can still grind for the stuff you need...

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 23, 2012, 07:27 PM
Perhaps, maybe not, because usually, the Gold buyer, wouldn't want to pay "real" money to the game to support it, so this negates it.
And since it cost money to become a "trader" Gold/cheater, once caught and banned, loses the money the spent, not sure if Sega will IP ban though.
This is also to prevent people from making mass number of "new" account and just spamming the Fun point, and Fun Garapon and flood the market with those items.

Nope.jpg, the gold seller doesn't care if he supports the game or not, they don't care about emotions or anything. They just increase the price of the meseta to offset the cost of the sub and their profit will still be about the same. If anything only Sega benefits as they get a cut per gold farmer. Don't be surprised when you see people selling low level weapons for very very high prices in an attempt to laundry.

As for the fun garapon deal, man that's even more sad than gold farming.

PSO Addict
Jun 23, 2012, 08:37 PM
It's a tad annoying that it isn't available at this point, but I have no problem with Sega changing for trading. I was ready to throw all my money at them anyway...