PDA

View Full Version : Weapon colors??

TastefulAvenger
Jun 23, 2012, 04:13 PM
Im a bit confused on this matter as to why some weapons have yellow,blue and pink lightings on em instead of the natural green color. I knew in psu whenever you grinded a weapon together using certain attribute stones the weapon came out the color of the element ex. fire = red weapon water= blue weapon etc etc.. But from what people have been saying thats not the case in this game so why do weapons have different colors and what does this stand for??!!

Randomness
Jun 23, 2012, 04:18 PM
Aesthetics?

That's about all I've noticed. Different weapons just have different colors.

Coatl
Jun 23, 2012, 04:24 PM
The rarer weapons are potentially more powerful and have a custom aesthetic to them.
But it generally is just for aesthetics.

HFlowen
Jun 23, 2012, 04:52 PM
It's a pso throwback. Green is one star, blue is two star... I forget the rest, think pink is three star, yellow is four star.

TastefulAvenger
Jun 23, 2012, 04:53 PM
The rarer weapons are potentially more powerful and have a custom aesthetic to them.
But it generally is just for aesthetics.

Lame :c was hoping for something awsome where i could have my own arensal of fire based red weapons like i did in Psu..i am dissapoint

NeoMatrix
Jun 23, 2012, 04:59 PM
I would just like to clarify, are you referring to weapon color auras when they are equipped and being used, or when you find dropped weapons in the field?

If your asking about drops, the aura colors actually refer to the player class type they are for, ie: red weapons are hunter/melee weapons, blue weapons are ranger/ranged, and yellow weapons are force/tech weapons.

Also, purple items are units/armors.

Of course, if you are talking about equipped weapons, I haven't been paying attention and have no idea... :p

supersonix9
Jun 23, 2012, 05:00 PM
It represents the tier of the weapon. I actually like that a lot more than in PSU where it was determined by element.

It's easier to show off your high level weapons.

Randomness
Jun 23, 2012, 05:04 PM
It's a pso throwback. Green is one star, blue is two star... I forget the rest, think pink is three star, yellow is four star.

Ah, I was wondering if the basic weapons still did that.

Rares, of course, are whatever the hell color they want.

Zyrusticae
Jun 23, 2012, 05:06 PM
What they said.

Color is effectively the same thing as weapon tier. Unlike PSO, it doesn't appear to be entirely consistent - I've been seeing yellow weapons that have three and four stars. Not sure what the deal with that is...

Vashyron
Jun 23, 2012, 05:12 PM
PSO2 Potentially doesn't follow the PSO colour scheme after 3*

It also doesn't follow the normal suit of higher star rarity meaning better, instead it just seems like high star rarity so far means a quick access route into the stats of the next tier of common weapons.

Example, 2* 2nd Tier Common Weapon Stat's > 7* Weapon's Stats.