PDA

View Full Version : Vita PSO2 Vita

viewtifulbo
Jun 23, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hey my fellow PSO fans, I was wondering if when the vita version of PSO2 comes out, do you think I will be able to log onto my Japanese account to download the game? I am living in the US. I know it's a little early to be asking this but I'm curious if when I switch back over to my US account that it will not allow my to play it because I'll be on the US servers. (if that even matters) thanks for your help :3

Nemhy
Jun 23, 2012, 10:53 PM
If the Vita is region free you could probably just import and not have an issue. If anything you'll need a Japanese PSN account but that is easy to make :)

Nadeem K
Jun 23, 2012, 11:08 PM
Since PSN had that major hack, where it was down for about a month, now the playstation store is segregated for security, so you need a Japanese proxy on your internet to be able to sign into your Japanese PSN.

The Walrus
Jun 23, 2012, 11:10 PM
You sure about that? Pretty sure I downloaded the Gravity Rush JP demo way back when just fine without a proxy...

Nemhy
Jun 23, 2012, 11:19 PM
I was on the Japanese PSN like an hour ago...

The Awesomeinator
Jun 23, 2012, 11:22 PM
I'll be honest- one of the reasons I gave in and got a Vita was the possibility of PSO2 on the go.

Even better if it's free-to-play like the PC version...

TerminalMontage
Jun 24, 2012, 12:09 AM
I'm concerned about PSO2 on Vita.

Since it's on PC it can always get expansions and more content, the Vita is much more limited since it doesn't have a harddrive.. HMMMM. And the games are connected, I hope since it's on Vita that doesn't hold the PC version back, cause there is only so much they can do with the Vita.

Sizustar
Jun 24, 2012, 12:24 AM
I remember reading a interview from Sakai a short while ago.
Vita will be available on Jpn PSN for free to download and play only.
There won't be a disk to purchase(Unless they do some sort of membership with purchase)

Ogni-XR21
Jun 24, 2012, 01:55 AM
Something to think about:

The 3G version of Vita does not support proper online play (IIRC) so you will only be able to play the game online when a wifi connection is available. In my case this means when I'm at home, but at home I can already play PSO2.

I hope I'm wrong about this since I was psyched when I first heard about the Vita version. So someone please prove me wrong!

Sizustar
Jun 24, 2012, 02:14 AM

The 3G version of Vita does not support proper online play (IIRC) so you will only be able to play the game online when a wifi connection is available. In my case this means when I'm at home, but at home I can already play PSO2.

I hope I'm wrong about this since I was psyched when I first heard about the Vita version. So someone please prove me wrong!

Wait and see.

TerminalMontage
Jun 24, 2012, 02:47 AM

There are data plans with 3G, 2GB of data for some obscene monthly fee. You're transmitting data back and forth when you play online with it, so, unless you want to pay lots of money for less than a weeks worth of gameplay with a plan that probably cannot be renewed within the month it started in, then no, no one can prove you wrong.

3G isn't meant for gaming, at least not now. At best with the Vita's 3G you can check your e-mail and go on facebook a little.

PretzCasket
Jun 25, 2012, 03:25 PM
Honestly I hope the way the 3G connection works goes something like this
They use it as a legit checker upon start up and saving. But you have a single player game unless you're on WiFi. Seems like the only way 3G and this game could work out

pikachief
Jun 25, 2012, 03:33 PM
Honestly I hope the way the 3G connection works goes something like this
They use it as a legit checker upon start up and saving. But you have a single player game unless you're on WiFi. Seems like the only way 3G and this game could work out

I think the vita version will also be online only. It's going the same format as PC, free to play, download and not retail. I think they said somewhere that it would not support 3G online play.

For it holding back PC, they're testing things with the vita version to see if the game would end up working out along side PC or not. They said if not then they'll have separate servers for PC and Vita users.

PretzCasket
Jun 25, 2012, 03:42 PM
I think the vita version will also be online only. It's going the same format as PC, free to play, download and not retail. I think they said somewhere that it would not support 3G online play..

Yea I meant as far as using the 3G to put you online as a way to access the data, but you wouldn't be able to play parties unless you use a true WiFi connection. That way you're technically online though you're only playing single player party