Bibimbap
Jun 23, 2012, 09:53 PM
What do?

Gardios
Jun 23, 2012, 09:54 PM
Run away from it.

TierrenZX
Jun 23, 2012, 09:54 PM
You avoid the creeper looking thing that chases after you for a certain amount of time.

Randomness
Jun 23, 2012, 09:55 PM
Basically. I'm not quite sure if one hit fails or not, but getting hit HURTS LIKE HELL. I lose something like 90-95% of my HP if it hits me (FOnewearl).

On the plus side, the activation radius is like the whole map, so if someone else triggers it in a multiparty area, FREE XP.

Bibimbap
Jun 23, 2012, 09:56 PM
Can somebody else ruin it for me? I tried running away the second time and I never got hit but still failed.

HFlowen
Jun 23, 2012, 09:58 PM
I usually yell "NOPENOPENOPE" and promptly die.

Arkives
Jun 23, 2012, 10:06 PM
I actually enjoyed running from it. I got hit the first time, hit the "OSHIT!" button, healed and kept running with my camera looking back at it lol

Deviruki
Jun 23, 2012, 10:12 PM
You have to run away, if someone gets hit by it you fail.

Scrub
Jun 23, 2012, 10:13 PM
I've gotten hit by it and still passed. I didn't die to it, however.

The Walrus
Jun 23, 2012, 10:13 PM
First time I saw this I was like...what...then saw the large thing promptly yelled out "NOPE!" and got hit.

So pro.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 23, 2012, 10:16 PM
code; rescue and code; avoid, try avoiding that thing when trapped in a tiny red bubble!! (i somehow survived, i don't know how)+^_^+

Rizen
Jun 23, 2012, 10:23 PM
When I saw that thing coming for me, I hopped on my cannon and rode the f*** off as fast as I could!

Randomness
Jun 23, 2012, 10:23 PM
code; rescue and code; avoid, try avoiding that thing when trapped in a tiny red bubble!! (i somehow survived, i don't know how)+^_^+

I could probably pull it off as a force, thanks to their massive invulnerability window on mirage.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 23, 2012, 10:26 PM
I could probably pull it off as a force, thanks to their massive invulnerability window on mirage.

i chewed all my health items, that thing took half my health away each time it hit!!+^_^+

BWS-1
Jun 23, 2012, 10:30 PM
Bonus suckage points if you get it in the Caves and Code Elimination pops up and traps you in a room.

Sounds like this is a good thing to bring up, still needs moar QA.

Mike
Jun 23, 2012, 10:44 PM
Depending on the number of people in the area, someone can be hit up to three times before it fails I think.

Mike
Jun 23, 2012, 10:55 PM
I think if someone dies, you fail. Then this AFK guy died.

*failed*
Dying doesn't matter. Getting hit is what matters. Get hit X amount of times and fail.

Bibimbap
Jun 23, 2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks guys. All I know is when I see the word Avoid I get the hell out of there. XD

Garnet_Moon
Jun 23, 2012, 11:05 PM
The only thing that hit me harder than that red ghost was when this Rock Bear grabbed me, crushed me, and threw me across the room. Funny how all this lag my hits don't register until 10-20 seconds later, but that Rock Bear registered just fine.

Windadept
Jun 23, 2012, 11:07 PM
I think code: avoid and code: protect would be a nightmare too.

Macman
Jun 23, 2012, 11:14 PM
Funny how all this lag my hits don't register until 10-20 seconds later, but that Rock Bear registered just fine.
I get the feeling the servers place priority to people in boss fights. I often see much less latency and lag spikes during a boss then I do anywhere else in the game.

goldwing
Jun 23, 2012, 11:16 PM
Yes, other people can ruin it for you. I hate it not because of the failing due to other people aspect, but because it completely kills whatever fun I was previously having. Bonus suckage points if you get it in the Caves and Code Elimination pops up and traps you in a room. That and the one time it hit me (TRAPS EVERYWHERE) it knocked me into a spike trap in the desert, which was my only death thus far. So I have a special hatred for it.

omg iv had that to!!!!!!!! i thought i was going to die

ashley50
Jun 24, 2012, 12:26 AM
What do?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/avoid

Icecold
Jun 24, 2012, 12:46 AM
LOL, the first time I got this emergency code I was like wtf is this.... then I saw big blue circle on the map and said oh **** I'm not getting anywhere near that. Didn't now what it was except free exp. Then I ran into it again and saw it, still don't know what it is though lol

supersonix9
Jun 24, 2012, 12:48 AM
I always fail those because some wise guy thinks 'Hey, maybe I should get a better look at that thing!' and gets hit.

Passed it once, expected way more than what I got for such an annoying code.

Vylera
Jun 24, 2012, 12:50 AM
Got a EC: Avoid stacked with a EC: Elimination that had those mountable laser-shooting bug things inside the volcano where all passage ways were walled off.

I was screaming like a little girl for 2 minutes.

MAXrobo
Jun 24, 2012, 12:50 AM
i don't mind it. I just run in a circle and it just flys right behind me every time. I really wish it didn't last as long though, its kind of a wast of time.

~Inu~
Jun 24, 2012, 01:13 AM
I was resisting making a post about this very code, I've been getting it with bosses (and yes, protect) in the free fields and multi-party areas and it's really driving me mad.

I HATE THIS CODE!
...Okay, I got it outta my system :p

Rizen
Jun 24, 2012, 01:16 AM
So lets say... you are getting chased by the code rescue portal and the code avoid monster. Do you try to outrun both or take the portal to a nice snug cage far away and hope the monster doesn't find you?

Polly
Jun 24, 2012, 01:18 AM
I was resisting making a post about this very code, I've been getting it with bosses (and yes, protect) in the free fields and multi-party areas and it's really driving me mad.

I HATE THIS CODE!
...Okay, I got it outta my system :p

I like the premise behind the code. The timing and what other codes it gets stacked with seems like it could use a little work.

Peejay
Jun 24, 2012, 01:18 AM
So, what the hell IS it? I've seen it...

My friend calls it the organic evil version of a Tomahawk Cruise Missile. It looks like some sort of organ disorted by space-time or some crap, considering it WALLHACKS.

Peejay
Jun 24, 2012, 01:27 AM
Just looks like a bloody bird to me. I wish we could kill it, of course that would defeat the purpose of the code.

Hunters, is its attack Just Guardable?

Wait. Isn't it a collision-based attack?

Would that even work like that?

CaliburxZero
Jun 24, 2012, 10:39 AM
wrong topic

mctastee
Jun 25, 2012, 09:43 PM
I have yet to get this code. I want it now.

Spi
Jun 25, 2012, 09:46 PM
I just circle around if it's after me. They need to work more on it's scripting.

Finalzone
Jun 26, 2012, 07:09 PM
[spoiler-box]http://www.thefinalzone.net/images/pso2beta/pso20120626_031630_024.jpg[/spoiler-box]
I have encountered that Code Avoid for the first time. Eventually I failed wondering what was going on.

buri-chan
Jun 26, 2012, 07:32 PM
It always manages to appear as I'm right near the exit to the next zone. Then I go NOPENOPENOPWSHUTFUCKNOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE all the way back to the entrance. Haven't even passed it once, since it seems like it gets a mad speed buff at about 30 seconds left.

Polly
Jun 26, 2012, 07:49 PM
It always manages to appear as I'm right near the exit to the next zone. Then I go NOPENOPENOPWSHUTFUCKNOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE all the way back to the entrance. Haven't even passed it once, since it seems like it gets a mad speed buff at about 30 seconds left.

Yeah, I had one gank me like some Super Mario Kart/F-Zero rubberbanding shit with like 10 seconds left. Kinda irked me.

Miacis
Jun 26, 2012, 10:39 PM
So, what the hell IS it? I've seen it...

My friend calls it the organic evil version of a Tomahawk Cruise Missile. It looks like some sort of organ disorted by space-time or some crap, considering it WALLHACKS.
Looks like an evil flying carnivorous plant to me...
I shall call it ... Dark Phoenix Victreebel !!

First time I met it, it appeared before the Emergency Code: Avoid could even pop on the screen. I was like "Oh hey, new enemy type. Looks pretty cool. Now die, monster, you don't belong in this w-*hit* YEOWCH!"
(And then, the announcer came yelling at my dead corpse, telling me to avoid it. :-( )

Second time, I was completely alone in that multiparty area, for some reason. I ran in big circles for 2 minutes and a half.
It was so incredibly boring for the both of us that he never appeared again to me.

Spellbinder
Jun 26, 2012, 10:57 PM
That's not Code Avoid. Assuming it catches you, that's Code Rescue.

Scrub
Jun 26, 2012, 10:59 PM
That's not Code Avoid. Assuming it catches you, that's Code Rescue.

OH RIGHT theyre 2 different things that are both equally obnoxious my bad brother im mixin up the ole names here.