PDA

View Full Version : MAGs - Photon Blasts

LinkKD
Jun 24, 2012, 12:24 AM
I saw that there are already two threads who have some very good info on how MAGs work on PSO2

This one: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195677

And this one: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194269

However...there's this one thing still bothering me about MAGs...appearently for each Photon Blast type (there are four type totals, strike PB, shooting PB, force PB, skill PB) there are 3 attack variations, Brogile, Nifuta and Imera

my main doubt...and I guess the doubt of other players aswell...is what determines which attack variation your PB will have. (or even if your PB will necessarily be stuck to a single variation after you get it)

If someone knows the answer to that it would be lovely.

But incase noone knows, people could maybe post here what PB atk variation they got, how were the MAG's stats when they got it, and even how good the variation is

so we could gather some more info on Photon Blasts in PSO2

(if this was already answered elsewhere, my bad, I didn't see it x_x )

XionAsuka
Jun 24, 2012, 06:47 AM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who asked this. Unfortunately, no one seems to know this information yet. I hope something comes up in the future to explain it...

HFlowen
Jun 24, 2012, 09:46 AM
I have the unicorn and he runs at the enemies twice before disappearing. Every time I've seen someone else use the unicorn the same thing happens.

If I remember the tutorial right, Xeno uses the unicorn PB and it runs then does a stomping electric AoE attack. So maybe those aren't variations of the same attack, but rather extensions?

Or maybe I wasn't paying attention much in the tutorial.

Drekko
Jun 24, 2012, 11:04 AM
You know, after playing with japanese players for a while now, what I've seen, it looks like that those variations are not variations but upgrades.

Cause I've seen two different types of the unicorn pb. The multi-Charge and the Electric attack Charge.

I tried asking, but with the limited communication, couldn't get an answer.

LinkKD
Jun 24, 2012, 04:40 PM
Maybe they could be upgrades afterall...but...then how do we get such upgrades?

the logic answer would be to say that the PB is upgraded once the MAG evolves again, but...so far in OBT mags can only evolve once, right?...and as far as we know from SEGA info, it can only evolve twice.

and since there are 3 "upgrades"...it would need to evolve 3 times to get to the third?

but by that conclusion we could also get to the point that every MAG in it's first evolution will have only the first "variation" or "upgrade" of attack, right?...Brogile, that is.

So that would mean that for instance...the Fish from the Force MAG evolution PB, with only one evolution...would only do the PP restoration thing, right?

coul players that already got PBs from one evolution state if they have only Brogile attack variation? I'll paste here from one of the topics, how the variations should look like

Striking Mag Photon Blast (Unicorn):

1. Brogile: An attack rush towards the goal/enemy?
2. Imera: Generates a powerful electric shock around a pair of the original approach towards the goal/enemy?
3. Nifuta: Stepped toward the goal/enemy? to attack, utilizing the stature of the attack later in the series of beak.

Shooting Mag Photon Blast (Jellyfish/Fortress/Vol Opt lookalike):

1. Brogile: Extensively towards the front, exploding shells fired one after another, do the annihilation.
2. Imera: Furaseru as hail-to-ambient photon maser target was fired from the head.
3. Nifuta: Bullets flying airplane wings, where each was allowed to have a will, shoot the target.

Force Mag Photon Blast(Fish):

1. Brogile: Increase the amount of PP self-healing approach to photon ambient atmosphere.
2. Imera: Focusing is performed with a laser toward the front of the shelling, the condensed photons.
3. Nifuta: Causes a lot of lightning and then swimming through space, the photon is excited.

Ability/Skill Mag Photon Blast (6 armed Ashura thing):

1. Brogile: Perform continuous attack by multiple arms closer to warp to the target.
2. Imera: Shooting down the angle toward the goal 突尖 thorn, surely kill.
3. Nifuta: The goal around to do, focusing raises the super-gravity field limited, the collapse of contraction.

if all players that have their mag evolved only once, have their PBs do only the Brogile variation...we could at least get some steady information on that.

TheKin
Jun 24, 2012, 07:51 PM
Stupid question, but exactly how does one go about unlocking a photon blast? Does the mag start with one?

Randomness
Jun 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
Stupid question, but exactly how does one go about unlocking a photon blast? Does the mag start with one?

Nope, gets it at first evo.

RavenLeader
Jun 24, 2012, 09:40 PM
the attack type is based off of what class YOU are... I think :P it makes sense seeing how hunter is the first class, the first attack type is melee, ranger is second class second type is range, 3rd is force and techniqueish wanna test it? go ahead thats my guess though

Flevalt
Jun 24, 2012, 10:53 PM
the attack type is based off of what class YOU are... I think :P it makes sense seeing how hunter is the first class, the first attack type is melee, ranger is second class second type is range, 3rd is force and techniqueish wanna test it? go ahead thats my guess though

I think so too.

I'm a Racast and my shooting Mag shoots a few photon lasers aka he's the second on the list(which would be the ranger class/Imera).

LinkKD
Jun 24, 2012, 11:27 PM
You mean...during your Photon Blast it does Imera?...I mean Photon Blasts, not normal auto attack.

though that's odd...that would mean that for example, getting the Unicorn to do Nifuta would require a Force character to be using a strike mag...which makes little sense stat wise

were you two talking about Photon Blasts or auto attack?

Eyce_Theon
Jun 25, 2012, 06:01 AM
My Ability mag always only has the first PB at all times, no matter my class. I guess it's important to note I have no secondary stat? my mag right now is 0/0/0/50/7/7/7. I'm probably going to put the rest in Melee Attack since all 3 classes hit things physically.

LinkKD
Jun 25, 2012, 10:15 AM
My Ability mag always only has the first PB at all times, no matter my class. I guess it's important to note I have no secondary stat? my mag right now is 0/0/0/50/7/7/7. I'm probably going to put the rest in Melee Attack since all 3 classes hit things physically.

"1. Brogile: Perform continuous attack by multiple arms closer to warp to the target."

that's the only attack he always performs on the Photon Blast then? Is that correct?

if more people could post here about what kind of attacks their Photon Blasts do, it would be much helpful

also, another personal question of mine, how good is the Ability Mag's Photon Blast?...better than the Unicorn?

Drekko
Jun 25, 2012, 10:44 AM
Actually, the mag evolves again at lvl 100 to it's third form. There are pictures of each of the third form mags, which is more than 4 types.

I talked to one of the japanese players who knew a little english. He said that the food items and stat upgrade items will change your PB's behavior.

Unfortuanately, he didn't know in what combination would give the different types.

Maybe they could be upgrades afterall...but...then how do we get such upgrades?

the logic answer would be to say that the PB is upgraded once the MAG evolves again, but...so far in OBT mags can only evolve once, right?...and as far as we know from SEGA info, it can only evolve twice.

and since there are 3 "upgrades"...it would need to evolve 3 times to get to the third?

but by that conclusion we could also get to the point that every MAG in it's first evolution will have only the first "variation" or "upgrade" of attack, right?...Brogile, that is.

So that would mean that for instance...the Fish from the Force MAG evolution PB, with only one evolution...would only do the PP restoration thing, right?

coul players that already got PBs from one evolution state if they have only Brogile attack variation? I'll paste here from one of the topics, how the variations should look like

Striking Mag Photon Blast (Unicorn):

1. Brogile: An attack rush towards the goal/enemy?
2. Imera: Generates a powerful electric shock around a pair of the original approach towards the goal/enemy?
3. Nifuta: Stepped toward the goal/enemy? to attack, utilizing the stature of the attack later in the series of beak.

Shooting Mag Photon Blast (Jellyfish/Fortress/Vol Opt lookalike):

1. Brogile: Extensively towards the front, exploding shells fired one after another, do the annihilation.
2. Imera: Furaseru as hail-to-ambient photon maser target was fired from the head.
3. Nifuta: Bullets flying airplane wings, where each was allowed to have a will, shoot the target.

Force Mag Photon Blast(Fish):

1. Brogile: Increase the amount of PP self-healing approach to photon ambient atmosphere.
2. Imera: Focusing is performed with a laser toward the front of the shelling, the condensed photons.
3. Nifuta: Causes a lot of lightning and then swimming through space, the photon is excited.

Ability/Skill Mag Photon Blast (6 armed Ashura thing):

1. Brogile: Perform continuous attack by multiple arms closer to warp to the target.
2. Imera: Shooting down the angle toward the goal 突尖 thorn, surely kill.
3. Nifuta: The goal around to do, focusing raises the super-gravity field limited, the collapse of contraction.

if all players that have their mag evolved only once, have their PBs do only the Brogile variation...we could at least get some steady information on that.

RavenLeader
Jun 25, 2012, 11:05 AM
Where can i find the pictures of these 3rd forms i have a ability mag (love the little guy he poos healing items, revives me, heals me, shoots stuff, and photon blast is awesome) but he's at lvl 30 right now cause i don't know where to go with him from here.

LinkKD
Jun 25, 2012, 11:23 AM
Where can i find the pictures of these 3rd forms i have a ability mag (love the little guy he poos healing items, revives me, heals me, shoots stuff, and photon blast is awesome) but he's at lvl 30 right now cause i don't know where to go with him from here.

you can check those here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195713&highlight=mag+evolution

Actually, the mag evolves again at lvl 100 to it's third form. There are pictures of each of the third form mags, which is more than 4 types.

I talked to one of the japanese players who knew a little english. He said that the food items and stat upgrade items will change your PB's behavior.

Unfortuanately, he didn't know in what combination would give the different types.

Ehh...this looks more complicated than I was hoping it to be x-x...we most surely need more info on this.

I'm still raising my mag...I think I'll make him an ability/skill mag...but not entirely sure yet...I may want the strike one too...need to decide @_@

could someone who already has a strike mag tell me what they think of it?...how it's auto-attacks and activations work, and how is the PB?

HFlowen
Jun 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
My strike mag is alright. It will run off and tackle down enemies for light damage every once in a while.

The PB is a mixed bag. Depending on how derpy the unicorn wants to be, it can clear entire mobs, or run in the wrong direction. When calling it on a boss that has its weak point exposed, it hits for 2000~ damage for each rush (two rushes).

It's just anticlimactic because it does its two attacks and disappears so damn fast.

LinkKD
Jun 25, 2012, 11:34 AM
My strike mag is alright. It will run off and tackle down enemies for light damage every once in a while.

The PB is a mixed bag. Depending on how derpy the unicorn wants to be, it can clear entire mobs, or run in the wrong direction. When calling it on a boss that has its weak point exposed, it hits for 2000~ damage for each rush (two rushes).

It's just anticlimactic because it does its two attacks and disappears so damn fast.

Thank you very much for your info...could I ask one more thing?

the tackle it does, did it ever happen for it to tackle an enemy out of your combo, messing it up?

or rather the question could be...does the tackle actually knocks down enemies or it just damages?

HFlowen
Jun 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
Doesn't mess with combos. The tackle does like, 20-30 damage and gives the enemy a "down" effect. By that I mean the enemy usually is flipped onto its back and can't move for a moment while it recovers.

I've seen my mag actually run off a decent distance to smack an enemy too, you don't have to be horribly close for it to happen.

RavenLeader
Jun 25, 2012, 11:53 AM
Any idea what the 3rd form ability/skill mag would look like, im thinking of giving my skill/ability mag (at lvl 30 pure ability atm) some atk defence, not sure yet I want to know what it would look like if i went pure ability to 100 or mixed in atk defence :( also anyone know how much atk def per mag level your character recieves?

Sayuri Stardust
Jun 25, 2012, 01:03 PM

How long did it take to get your ability mag to lv30? also what did you feed it?

redroses
Jun 25, 2012, 01:39 PM
I have a lv 30+ pure ability MAG.
And also have the Brogile PB. I think it is quite useful as it hits pretty often, and if the enemies move away, it will warp after them. The damage is also good, doing currently around 40+ per hit. I think it hits 6 times, warps, hits 6 times, warps, hits 6 times and disappears.
Also, if you ever are in a party, you should really try PB chaining. It will make all the PB lasts longer from what I seen. For example the unicorn will do it's rush attack 6 times or so.

Anyway, one of the NPCs had the fish PB and it would create an electrical circle around the user and create lightning strikes that hit enemies for pretty high damage. It looked like it hit around 110+ with each lightning strike.

RavenLeader
Jun 25, 2012, 02:41 PM
How long did it take to get your ability mag to lv30? also what did you feed it?

It didn't take me long to make mine and i fed it nothing but pa disks

LinkKD
Jun 25, 2012, 03:53 PM
I have a lv 30+ pure ability MAG.
And also have the Brogile PB. I think it is quite useful as it hits pretty often, and if the enemies move away, it will warp after them. The damage is also good, doing currently around 40+ per hit. I think it hits 6 times, warps, hits 6 times, warps, hits 6 times and disappears.
Also, if you ever are in a party, you should really try PB chaining. It will make all the PB lasts longer from what I seen. For example the unicorn will do it's rush attack 6 times or so.

Anyway, one of the NPCs had the fish PB and it would create an electrical circle around the user and create lightning strikes that hit enemies for pretty high damage. It looked like it hit around 110+ with each lightning strike.

Thank you very much for the info

after thinking a lot...I think I'll stick with the ability mag...for the fact that I find the Ashura Photon Blast simply gorgeous =w=...and it seems to be useful too

Geistritter
Jun 26, 2012, 01:29 AM
A primarily Shooting mag here, Followed by ability. Levels were something like 23/7 when he evolved, and he picked up the ability to buff with Shifta and Deband on rare occasions, as well as the Brogile Photon Blast, which shoots large energy blasts four or five times for large amounts of damage that can hit multiple enemies. With a full stomach, it'll do about a thousand damage a shot to an unguarded target. Currently at 28 Shooting and 11 Ability, with my character's level at 20, who has 590-630 Shooting themselves depending on equipped weapon - I assume at least one of those things influence the damage. No tests on a point hit by Weak Shot of yet.

Support actions are limited, which is this form's weakness. It can fire shots for about 100 damage, which do little more than let me know something's over there. Satisfied with the Photon Blast, though.

LinkKD
Jun 26, 2012, 04:04 PM
Now that I already have my mag evolved I can contribute here too.

I got an Ability/Skill mag, stats were 16/14 (ability/strike), it came with the HP A and the Support A (clear abnormal statuses) abilities and it ocassionally shoots fire balls at enemies dealing around 40~50 damage.

I too got the Brogile variation of PB(punch punch punch, or rather...YATATATATATATATATATA)

the punches do about 40~50 damage each like someone stated here...I didn't get a chance to count how many punches, or punch streaks it does though

it's likely that the damage on photon blasts is based off our own stats, or at least the MAG's...or else PBs would be too weak on higher lvs...

my own Strike status should be around 500 and something atm (I'm lv18 ) and my own ability status around 230

maybe the user's ability status would affect the ability mag's PB?...aswell as the user's shooting status affect the shooting mag's PB...and so on?

it's a good guess even...I might try to test this...it's just a hard thing to test since it takes so long to charge a PB, and depending on the situation you just don't have the time to keep an eye on what the PB is doing

But anyway...at the moment, every player that posted their PB here has the Brogile variation, am I wrong? (one of the posts said otherwise, but I think they were actually confusing PB with auto-attack)

This supports the idea that another PB variation would only come on a next evolution...

or maybe all players that posted here had a similar build on the sense that what mag stats would affect the PB variations.

Darki
Jun 26, 2012, 11:45 PM
I made a striking mag, even playing with a FO, because I really don't like any of the other photon blasts or mags, and hey, it's just a game. xD I also planned playing a "wartecher"-ish character, so it suits me having a little boost to melee damage as well.

But my concern lies ahead: Could I start moving it towards technic without losing my awesome unicorn? I don't want it to morph into the fish when it reaches level 100, but I don't find appealing making it entirely striking if it's not neccesary.

I guess I'll just stop feeding it after it goes to level 35 (it's halfway there) and wait for more information.

LinkKD
Jun 30, 2012, 10:57 PM
I made a striking mag, even playing with a FO, because I really don't like any of the other photon blasts or mags, and hey, it's just a game. xD I also planned playing a "wartecher"-ish character, so it suits me having a little boost to melee damage as well.

But my concern lies ahead: Could I start moving it towards technic without losing my awesome unicorn? I don't want it to morph into the fish when it reaches level 100, but I don't find appealing making it entirely striking if it's not neccesary.

I guess I'll just stop feeding it after it goes to level 35 (it's halfway there) and wait for more information.

About this...your MAG will swap evolutions if it's status relations change...it only swaps evolution at Lvs that are multiples of 5 though.

I noticed this when my ability Mag evolved into a strike one at Lv65...the weird thing is, my Ability was still higher than my Strike stat...but I added some S-Defense on him...and the combination of my Strike+S-Defense was higher than my Ability by one point (28 Strike / 32 Ability / 5 S-Def).

so I guess that a specific kind of defense also makes your mag lean toward that evolution...I evolved it back to the Ability one anyway at Lv70 (by making my Ability value higher than the Strike and S-Def combined)

While he was the strike one, the Unicorn also had the Brogile...and my friend's MAGs Strike and Tech MAGs have Brogile aswell...

so far I haven't seen any player stating their mags had any attack variation besides Brogile, I'm guessing it really is an upgrade at later evolutions and such.

ForgottenReality
Jul 4, 2012, 06:17 PM
I made a tech mag since I play a FO. It's brogile is pretty useless to me since it has a trigger ability that does the same exact thing, increase is PP recovery. What really baffles me is that the NPC Maloo (Purple haired girl that gives you grants and gigrants) has the same mag and somehow she does the Nifuta PB with it.

Perhaps if we added other stats to our mags instead of focusing on just one support(Striking, range, tech) it may allow for the use of the other tiers of PBs (Brogile, Imera, and Nafuta). Although I doubt, it's just a suggestion.

LinkKD
Jul 5, 2012, 04:51 AM
With the new MAG evolutions now, I'm guessing the PB variations will come with evolutions variations...let's wait and see for players response

Eyce_Theon
Jul 5, 2012, 07:36 AM
Nope. Same old Ability PB at 100 for me, with my Ability/Melee stat focus.

ForgottenReality
Jul 5, 2012, 11:05 AM
Nope. Same old Ability PB at 100 for me, with my Ability/Melee stat focus.

I was afraid of that. I talked with someone the other day with a level 100 mag, and he said he still had the same PB he got at level 30

Eyce_Theon
Jul 5, 2012, 11:09 AM
The other topic about lv100 mags suggests that hybrid builds have different PBs, I'm altering mine now to find out. (I was going to extend my build that way anyway)

ForgottenReality
Jul 5, 2012, 07:59 PM
The other topic about lv100 mags suggests that hybrid builds have different PBs, I'm altering mine now to find out. (I was going to extend my build that way anyway)

You may be on to something. All of the level 100 mags I've seen have all been pure mags (Range,strike, or tech support and ability). I'll plan on making my mag a hybrid as well. When you've finished I hope you plan on posting your results :-P

LinkKD
Jul 5, 2012, 09:07 PM

Yes...that is what I meant by my last post...

I was already aware that the straight evolutions of each mag at lv100 kept their same PB.

my mag will be a crux (full ability mag) so it keeps the same PB...my friend is making a Carina however, I'll check on what PB he gets once it turns into a Carina.

PannaCotta
Jul 5, 2012, 11:48 PM
From this
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpso2.swiki.jp%2Findex.php%3F%25E3%2 583%259E%25E3%2582%25B0%25E4%25B8%2580%25E8%25A6%2 5A7&act=url

You will see that different MAG have different PB, Carina and Orion don't have the PP recover anymore. Though the pure MAG have the same PB as their 2nd form.

JeyKama
Jul 5, 2012, 11:54 PM
huh? Carina and Orion both still have PP Recover J. That google translation does some weird stuff (how the heck did it get Ajax Brogile from Ajax Proi? (oh, someone spelled Proi wrong, still Broi?))

The transformations don't mess with devices already on the mag, it adds another device slot and a new ability (Carina gets Buff H and Orion gets PP Recover H)

Crux
Jul 6, 2012, 12:01 AM
huh? Carina and Orion both still have PP Recover J. That google translation does some weird stuff (how the heck did it get Ajax Brogile from Ajax Proi? (oh, someone spelled Proi wrong, still Broi?))

The transformations don't mess with devices already on the mag, it adds another device slot and a new ability (Carina gets Buff H and Orion gets PP Recover H)

Pretty sure he means they don't have the photon blast that recovers PP.

ForgottenReality
Jul 7, 2012, 09:54 PM
Ok I just finished and got a hybrid mag. Guess what? I did in fact get a different Photon Blast! Below is a screenshot of this. If someone can tell me I can upload a picture of this. The mag I made is a Carina.

Edit: It's still the fish.

Ezodagrom
Jul 7, 2012, 10:23 PM
Edit: It's still the fish.
While it's still the fish, the effects of the photon blast should be different than the Lepus/Monoceros PB.
For example, in my mag, Cygnus, the PB is still the unicorn, but instead of doing a ramming attack, the unicorn now does a lightning shockwave.

ForgottenReality
Jul 7, 2012, 10:50 PM
While it's still the fish, the effects of the photon blast should be different than the Lepus/Monoceros PB.
For example, in my mag, Cygnus, the PB is still the unicorn, but instead of doing a ramming attack, the unicorn now does a lightning shockwave.

What I meant by "It's still the fish" was that it was still in the same category. The PB is different. The fish no longer swims around increasing PP restoration. It now shoots a continuous beam. When I used it, it was doing 400+ plus damage 5x. Although, it's aim is poor. It tends to aim not at the enemies, but at a wall... ^^;

Atraeus
Jul 10, 2012, 12:09 AM
I got my MAG to lv 100 today. Made the "Apus" MAG. ( Ability type, but Tech higher than Ability between 95 -> 100 ).

Looks cool, new PB too. Uploaded a quick video showing it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXPa5wdpEkA

IndigoNovember
Jul 10, 2012, 11:25 AM
Very nice video. Definitely looks like a good Photon Blast since it stays on the enemy at all times.

Carillon
Jul 10, 2012, 11:35 AM
how many times does it hit? (when nuking stuff that doesn't burrow)
looks like it hits twice there, but could hit more.

IndigoNovember
Jul 10, 2012, 11:42 AM

Remember that if you chain Photon Blasts, all the Photon Blasts gain extra hits/have longer duration.

Generally if you don't chain Photon Blasts they seem to be very short (ex: Unicorn dashes only 2-3 times, but if you do chain it it goes up to like 6-7 I believe).

Blackheart521
Jul 10, 2012, 11:46 AM
Just to let all of you know, It is Photon Blast, not Photon Burst. ^^;

Carillon
Jul 10, 2012, 01:55 PM
yeah, yeah. but cata burrows twice during the blast, so it's unclear if it's just 2 on it's own, or if it would've gotten more if it hadn't burrowed.

afaik, chaining them basically just makes them repeat their blast a number of times equal to the number chained.

kyojin
Jul 10, 2012, 01:57 PM
edit:
opp sorry posted on the wrong thread

IndigoNovember
Jul 10, 2012, 02:31 PM

Whoops, not sure what I was thinking @_@ .

Atraeus
Jul 10, 2012, 03:23 PM

Three times, unsure how many times it hits after a chain. :o

Whoops, not sure what I was thinking @_@ .

lmao, my bad. -quickly edits video-

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
As the Carina Mag, it fires a HUUUUGE laser in one direction.
When chaining, the laser lasts longer and moves from side to side.