PDA

View Full Version : Getting Grants?

Rhypht
Jun 24, 2012, 02:25 AM
I heard that if you do Maloo's client orders, she will eventually give you the Grants tech. I started as a Force, so I only got two client orders from her (the 20 naberius natives with both talis and rod). Now I don't have any more client orders from her, and she didn't give me anything. Any idea what to do next?

Soske
Jun 24, 2012, 02:41 AM
Bring her along with you on some missions, eventually when you talk to her she'll give it to you. Also, if you do the same with Echo she'll give you Resta.

TerminalMontage
Jun 24, 2012, 02:44 AM
Which character is Maloo?

Soske
Jun 24, 2012, 02:52 AM
Which character is Maloo?

The short, purple haired girl who gives the Force quests.

Ueno54
Jun 24, 2012, 03:52 AM
So why won't Maloo give me any client orders? I tried changing to hunter and ranger then even teleporting to the mall area and she doesn't show anything.

Spi
Jun 24, 2012, 04:06 AM
...If anyone knows how to get the Gigrants, I'm curious to know. Thanks to this topic, my Jirachi learned Grants and now I'm sniping monsters with it.

EDIT: For some reason, it's not allowing me to eat Grants Level 2 now. Here's a screenshot:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/eB326.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
My Grants is supposed to be level 1, but I think it's saying I ate a level 4 (?).

holmwood
Jun 24, 2012, 04:41 AM
...If anyone knows how to get the Gigrants, I'm curious to know. Thanks to this topic, my Jirachi learned Grants and now I'm sniping monsters with it.

EDIT: For some reason, it's not allowing me to eat Grants Level 2 now. Here's a screenshot:
My Grants is supposed to be level 1, but I think it's saying I ate a level 4 (?).

That's... resta.

CJ Johnny
Jun 24, 2012, 04:42 AM

Check again!!!
That, is 'Resta' Level 2.

Spi
Jun 24, 2012, 05:07 AM
Thanks! Had me a little worried there.

MasterSpark
Jun 24, 2012, 05:27 AM
Maloo gave me grants, but now she won't join my on missions any more. Her card is greyed out while Alfin's isn't. Anyone know what gives?

Scrub
Jun 24, 2012, 05:30 AM
Is it the ONLY way to get that spell? I really hate using NPCs at all.

Menochi
Jun 24, 2012, 05:32 AM
In missions with multi-party areas, only one of each NPC can be present for the entire multi-party mission. If an NPC is greyed out, it means someone else has already summoned that NPC.

To get gi-grants, continue to do missions with "Maloo" Each NPC gives you an item for every 5 S ranks you clear with them in your party.

Ether
Jun 24, 2012, 05:42 AM
I got Grants from Maloo, but it's only level 1. Is it possible to get higher levels, either from her or drops? Also is there a list anywhere of all the techs/PAs you can get from NPCs?

Spi
Jun 24, 2012, 07:04 AM
I speed-ran the first Forest mission with Moola -- or whatever her name is -- and after 15 times of S-Rank, I was able to get level 3 Gigrants. Good stuff.

Scyris
Jun 24, 2012, 07:29 AM
Does this relationship thing work if u take more than 1 with you? or can you only take the one?

Randomness
Jun 24, 2012, 08:53 AM
In missions with multi-party areas, only one of each NPC can be present for the entire multi-party mission. If an NPC is greyed out, it means someone else has already summoned that NPC.

To get gi-grants, continue to do missions with "Maloo" Each NPC gives you an item for every 5 S ranks you clear with them in your party.

I've gotten her to at least the third time she should give something, but don't have Gigrants. Hell, I don't even know if she actually gave me anything at all after Grants.

Digital Satyr
Jun 26, 2012, 03:08 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem. I have one quest left to do for her, and I'm guessing it may have something to do with it. I'm not exactly sure on what to do though, other than run a caves quest that has a dragon for a boss at the end.

Randomness
Jun 26, 2012, 03:09 PM
I figured out what it is - some of her gifts are synthesizers.

She did eventually give Gigrants. And it kicks ass.

HFlowen
Jun 26, 2012, 03:14 PM
I have some kind of grants tech I think, dunno which one, found it as a hunter (already had resta, so it should be a grants tech). I have a spare disk in storage I think.

Randomness
Jun 26, 2012, 03:16 PM
I have some kind of grants tech I think, dunno which one, found it as a hunter (already had resta, so it should be a grants tech). I have a spare disk in storage I think.

If you looted it, it's probably Anti. 4* disc, I've found it a couple times.

Hasn't been particularly useful yet because status is so rare.

redroses
Jun 26, 2012, 03:17 PM
HFlowen, it could also be Anti. I am not sure but I think it drops, I saw it in player shops.

HFlowen
Jun 26, 2012, 03:18 PM
Anti? That's lame. Lemme log in and switch to force for a second and double check. It WAS a 4star disk though.

Lolyep, that's anti. Knew right away from the sound effect. So you can only get grants techs from playing with an NPC over and over? That sucks for forces.

Misare
Jun 26, 2012, 03:29 PM
I got her to give me both grants and gigrants off doing the level 1 mission over and over again. And for the record, I was WAY over level for it. Total runs was somewhere between 15-20.

Note, I did talk to her every 5 missions or so.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 26, 2012, 03:32 PM
I would love to have anti... and will get gigrants tomorrow, only got grants so far.

Memorex
Jun 26, 2012, 03:34 PM
Stupid question...where exactly is Maloo?

HFlowen
Jun 26, 2012, 03:35 PM
I would love to have anti... and will get gigrants tomorrow, only got grants so far.

If I knew how shops were I'd let you buy it for one meseta, I don't give a damn.

PSO Addict
Jun 26, 2012, 03:41 PM
Maloo is the purple girl in the center of the upper level lobby. She is hiding behind the middle elevator.

Vylera
Jun 26, 2012, 03:55 PM
So why won't Maloo give me any client orders? I tried changing to hunter and ranger then even teleporting to the mall area and she doesn't show anything.

Because you didn't try the 3rd option.

Maloo's client orders are for killing 20 monsters with both force weapons.

So you have to be a force, and high enough level to accept them.

Rhypht
Jun 26, 2012, 04:22 PM
I ended up buying Anti off of the player shop, I couldn't find it anywhere else.

I think I'm about at the point where Maloo will give me Gigrants, maybe one or two more S ranks. I also saw someone selling a Gigrants on the player shop for almost a million meseta! A bit ridiculous, even though you can't get it anywhere else other than from Maloo.

Gardios
Jun 26, 2012, 04:27 PM
You can get Anti early from Echo - same with Shifta and Deband.

Rockmanshii
Jun 26, 2012, 05:15 PM
Anyone tried S-ranking missions with two or more NPCs at the same time?
Like, if you S-rank the required number of mission using Maloo and Echo at the same time, will they still give you the techs? That would make it much less time consuming.

Randomness
Jun 26, 2012, 05:21 PM
Anyone tried S-ranking missions with two or more NPCs at the same time?
Like, if you S-rank the required number of mission using Maloo and Echo at the same time, will they still give you the techs? That would make it much less time consuming.

Yes. I always bring as many NPCs as possible when soloing for that exact reason.

Rockmanshii
Jun 26, 2012, 05:49 PM
Okay I'll start doing that too then. Thanks for the reply.