PDA

View Full Version : Mag feeding too slow?

SELENNA
Jun 24, 2012, 04:40 AM
Hi,

is it me or mag feeding is very slow? I can't feed my mag more than 1 item every like 5 minutes. Is this intended or I missed something?

BIG OLAF
Jun 24, 2012, 05:00 AM
It's intended. It goes by quick when you're running missions and such, though.

eharima
Jun 24, 2012, 05:10 AM
It goes down at 1% every 45seconds
It fills at 33% per item regardless of rairity and stat.
Scratch or AC Mag feed items are 900% more effective in increasing desired stat, its the business model.

HURRY UP AND IMPLEMENT AC P.SAKAI SAN!!

Scyris
Jun 24, 2012, 06:17 AM
Sega is doing way to much nickle and diming in this game, Worse than most f2p's I have seen.

Sizustar
Jun 24, 2012, 06:46 AM
Sega is doing way to much nickle and diming in this game, Worse than most f2p's I have seen.

You haven't played enough Free to play game, Sega's system so far hasn't removed any core game element, only allow Cash player to level a bit quicker then most people, there isn't any God tier weapon, etc either.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 24, 2012, 06:55 AM
I'm already fed up with people complaining about how Sega is cashing in on them and we are still in beta.

Until now you haven't paid a nickel to play this game so SHUT UP!!!!

Hrith
Jun 24, 2012, 07:00 AM
Actually, if people complain during a testing phase, shouldn't SEGA listen? It is a testing phase.

It really does not bode well for the game is people are dissatisfied even before official release.

Spellbinder
Jun 24, 2012, 07:04 AM
This is apart of the changes to mags they made from closed to open. They reduced the requirement to 5 from 10 and lowered the evolution level to 30 from 50. The trade off is it takes longer to raise.

SELENNA
Jun 24, 2012, 07:05 AM
The thing is I liked how you leveled mags before but now it's a real PITA. Only got my mag to level 2 in what, an hour of game time? The fact it "down levels" itself is ridiculous. If you don't feed it immediately when it is ready your mag will slowly decrease in % meaning you'll have to feed it even more to level it up. Very ackward design.

AlMcFly
Jun 24, 2012, 07:14 AM
LOL. It takes a long time to level a mag in all the online PSO games. That is a game mechanic working as it should. What the point of putting something into a game if you are able to feed it once and its stats go to 200 automatically? People complain about pretty much anything and everything I guess :)

eharima
Jun 24, 2012, 07:15 AM
Use AC or scratch Mag food items and you can gain 2-3 lv per item
(>if they didn't nerf the rates too bad ,not tried yet..)
That's the idea.

dilakri87
Jun 24, 2012, 07:18 AM
I think it is too fast now. why?

Because we are using 1-3 star items and weapons. As soon i started to feed my mag 2star guns it's been growing fast.

It's day 3 and mag has hit lv60.

AlMcFly
Jun 24, 2012, 07:19 AM

Because we are using 1-3 star items and weapons. As soon i started to feed my mag 2star guns it's been growing fast.

Lol, you mean we don't start the game with level 100 Pokemons? Ragequit

SELENNA
Jun 24, 2012, 07:22 AM

I must be feeding it utter crap because mine is still level 2

dilakri87
Jun 24, 2012, 07:23 AM
lol, remembering the old days... lv200 mag on a new character...

Yon a different note, the mag is not a pet! It's your loyal partner in battle, which grows as you do too.

Quatre52
Jun 24, 2012, 09:08 AM
I keep saying its to slow, but, really its not.
This isn't like old PSO, I dont have endless mags to feed and raise, so its not so bad that the one I have will take some time and effort.
The extra time it takes should also make it more satisfying when it reaches new evolutions and such.

Zyrusticae
Jun 24, 2012, 09:10 AM
The thing is I liked how you leveled mags before but now it's a real PITA. Only got my mag to level 2 in what, an hour of game time? The fact it "down levels" itself is ridiculous. If you don't feed it immediately when it is ready your mag will slowly decrease in % meaning you'll have to feed it even more to level it up. Very ackward design.
What? It doesn't "down-level", the percentage bar has absolutely nothing to do with your mag's current strength.

The percentage bar is simply how "full" your mag is. You WANT it to be lower so that you can feed it more stuff at a time (though obviously you never want it to hit 0%).

You should really try to understand what you're talking about before you start complaining...

dilakri87
Jun 24, 2012, 09:30 AM
What? It doesn't "down-level", the percentage bar has absolutely nothing to do with your mag's current strength.

The percentage bar is simply how "full" your mag is. You WANT it to be lower so that you can feed it more stuff at a time (though obviously you never want it to hit 0%).

You should really try to understand what you're talking about before you start complaining...

I was just to explain...

Mike
Jun 24, 2012, 09:39 AM
(>if they didn't nerf the rates too bad ,not tried yet..)
I believe they have been toned down to match the current pace of mag raising.

Defend
Jun 24, 2012, 09:52 AM
It's frustrating when you're used to PSO and whipping up whatever pure mags you like, especially after v2, but ultimately this much slower growth doesn't make them any less valuable and the feeling of reward will be defined by PSO2's system, not PSO's. The comparisons to cash feeding is more of a topic.

TerminalMontage
Jun 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
It'd be nicer if they had more evolutions i guess, leveling at 30 then 100 seems... eh..

Vylera
Jun 24, 2012, 10:33 AM
Actually, if people complain during a testing phase, shouldn't SEGA listen? It is a testing phase.

It really does not bode well for the game is people are dissatisfied even before official release.

At this point it boils down to whether or not the complaints are game-breaking or if it's just people with pissy attitudes.

If people think that feeding mags is a problematic function, I honestly would have to question how much they're even enjoying the game.

The current pace of mag feeding is far from problematic. Feed it 2 star and 4 star weapons and that bar shoots up like crazy.

If for some reason having a level 100 mag at level 15 is a necessary function for progressing in the game, please show me.

I've been running around on a hunter with +0 blue photon weapons and a ranger-based mag (since my main's a ranger), soloing everything.

If people would stop staring at numbers, they'd start enjoying the game.

dilakri87
Jun 24, 2012, 10:54 AM
At this point it boils down to whether or not the complaints are game-breaking or if it's just people with pissy attitudes.

If people think that feeding mags is a problematic function, I honestly would have to question how much they're even enjoying the game.

The current pace of mag feeding is far from problematic. Feed it 2 star and 4 star weapons and that bar shoots up like crazy.

If for some reason having a level 100 mag at level 15 is a necessary function for progressing in the game, please show me.

I've been running around on a hunter with +0 blue photon weapons and a ranger-based mag (since my main's a ranger), soloing everything.

If people would stop staring at numbers, they'd start enjoying the game.

I agree!

And besides, not even a week has past since OB launch. People should cool down. At this pace it's easier to develop your stats.

What if you already maxed it now, and later on, you think you should have invested x levels in x stat?

GrandTickler
Jun 24, 2012, 11:09 AM
its fast enough, my mag is already level 50 and i know people with a level 60 mag

supersonix9
Jun 24, 2012, 11:11 AM

You're joking right.

its fast enough, my mag is already level 50 and i know people with a level 60 mag

70 now actually. :wink:

gravityvx
Jun 24, 2012, 02:24 PM
Has anyone made a 3rd stage evolution mag yet? Question seemed relevant with the current discussion and I'm curious as to what level it evolves again, currently 62 and still nothing. :|

pikachief
Jun 24, 2012, 02:31 PM
Has anyone made a 3rd stage evolution mag yet? Question seemed relevant with the current discussion and I'm curious as to what level it evolves again, currently 62 and still nothing. :|

I think it evolves again at 100

renrinken
Jun 24, 2012, 02:31 PM
More so I am curious what level cap actually is.