PDA

View Full Version : Matter Board 1 - A-5

LinkKD
Jun 24, 2012, 06:26 AM
Ok, so...I've been on matter board page 1's quest A-5 for two days now already...

it says you have to get a drop that drops from Lv 7+ Fongalfs (the bigger red wolves) meaning probably that it could be those from either lv7 quest with code arrest or the ones on lv9 free expedition with rockbear boss

well I've been to forest many many times now and killed dozens and dozens of Fongalfs on either quests |: ...and still no drop, still stuck in the matter board quest

does someone know anything about this particular A-5 matter board quest?...is this information right? am I simply that unlucky? am I missing something?

thanks in advance :~

Link~*

The Walrus
Jun 24, 2012, 06:28 AM
The drop is a Breaker (Sword). iirc it's easier to find weapons for the class you currently are so try switching to a hunter if you aren't already one.

DeathByPogs
Jun 24, 2012, 06:28 AM
You just have to keep doing it. I know it sucks, but eventually it will drop. Good luck!

LinkKD
Jun 24, 2012, 06:48 AM
The drop is a Breaker (Sword). iirc it's easier to find weapons for the class you currently are so try switching to a hunter if you aren't already one.

Hunter since I started the character ;/...they already dropped some yellow polygonal items for client orders...but not the damn Breaker

can anyone tell me if it's sure they also drop it on Lv9 free expedition?...since it says 7+ it makes sense it does, but...after so much time I'm just desperate to get this finnished with ;/

and it's really Fongalfs afterall, right?...

renrinken
Jun 24, 2012, 02:07 PM
I grinding 4+ hours of nothing but Fongalf and never dropped (Killed around 500 Fongalf in the process). Then I was randomly goofing around on RA and it dropped immediately. I dont even know what to make of the drop rate. Probably around 5% or something

Vylera
Jun 24, 2012, 02:26 PM
You're not doing anything wrong. The drop rate is super spontaneous for these equip drops.

I had to kill Rockbear 23 times to get the silly blaster drop.

Cubical Noses
Jun 24, 2012, 02:51 PM
Does switching classes really improve the drop rate for the item? I'm playing ranger right now, and I've also been stuck on A-5 for a while now. I don't want to switch classes if the drop rate is the same either way.

renrinken
Jun 24, 2012, 02:53 PM
Does switching classes really improve the drop rate for the item? I'm playing ranger right now, and I've also been stuck on A-5 for a while now. I don't want to switch classes if the drop rate is the same either way.

I highly doubt it, probably was just coincidence in my case.

Color_Green
Jun 24, 2012, 03:29 PM
I am a hunter too and it took me numerous times before I actually got the drop so don't lose hope and keep trying and eventually you will get it.

LinkKD
Jun 24, 2012, 04:28 PM
I grinding 4+ hours of nothing but Fongalf and never dropped (Killed around 500 Fongalf in the process). Then I was randomly goofing around on RA and it dropped immediately. I dont even know what to make of the drop rate. Probably around 5% or something

Would you mind telling me how you grinded around 500 fongalfs in 4 hours? @[email protected] in, what quest and what do?

I'd be guessing...run around on either lv9 or lv7 forest quest in a multi party area and stop only to kill fongalfs ignoring everything else...was that it?

Ghalion
Jun 24, 2012, 06:36 PM
I'm guessing he thinks the fongolfs are the yellow wolves and the red ones instead of just the red? 500 seems like a bs number to me.

renrinken
Jun 24, 2012, 06:45 PM
I'm guessing he thinks the fongolfs are the yellow wolves and the red ones instead of just the red? 500 seems like a bs number to me.

lol you really log in just to troll ? As I said I farmed straight 4 hours only killing Fongalf. Calling people liars is pretty bad manners.

Ghalion
Jun 24, 2012, 06:51 PM
Don't be hypersensitive and judgemental. I just said in that very post, which is particularly short I might add "I'm guessing he thinks the fongolfs are the yellow wolves and the red ones instead of just the red".

Hrith
Jun 24, 2012, 07:58 PM
500 is impossible. Check your hunt log at a visiophone, there is no way you have killed 500.
50 would already be a good number considering this is not the most common enemy in Forest.

renrinken
Jun 24, 2012, 08:04 PM
500 is impossible. Check your hunt log at a visiophone, there is no way you have killed 500.
50 would already be a good number considering this is not the most common enemy in Forest.

about 8-10 spawns in one Rappy hunt, clear time is 5 min about skipping all non-relevent mobs. In 4 hours, 480 spawn based upon those metrics. And as I farmed for slightly of 4 hours without stopping, 500 seems like a extremely accurate number. No clue what your trying to achieve by claiming someone is lying besides blatant trolling.

LinkKD
Jun 25, 2012, 12:28 AM
I finally made it, just wanted to let people know...and, hm

about 8-10 spawns in one Rappy hunt, clear time is 5 min about skipping all non-relevent mobs. In 4 hours, 480 spawn based upon those metrics. And as I farmed for slightly of 4 hours without stopping, 500 seems like a extremely accurate number. No clue what your trying to achieve by claiming someone is lying besides blatant trolling.

are you counting all wolves or only the larger/red details ones?

either way...I did farm only for them, ignoring all other mobs...which eventually made me drop it

GoldenFalcon
Jun 25, 2012, 01:25 AM
I'd like to point out that you killed a whole ton of Galfs
Even though it doesn't matter at this point

Lintor
Jun 25, 2012, 01:59 AM
Quest drops aren't class dependent.
I've gotten all the quest drops within a dozen kills. Though I've played with enough RNG to understand the hate of not getting something that should be relatively common
The Matter Board in general is more limited on what areas you have access to and if the monsters spawn, than the item's drop rate.

ZeroRageX
Jun 25, 2012, 05:05 AM
Getting this sword on my Force was such a pain. Once you decide you don't care about farming for it anymore, it'll drop on your next kill

FooteLV
Jun 30, 2012, 08:16 PM
This quest has been rage inducing. Farmed probably a hundred or more of those (red) wolves in a few hours.

Is the matter board even worth it? I'm considering just dropping it altogether.

Somnia
Jun 30, 2012, 08:32 PM
You only really need to complete the orange orbs to advance the story, for whatever that will be worth later on.