PDA

View Full Version : S Ranking Free Forest in 15 mins

Tsudori
Jun 24, 2012, 09:04 AM
Anyone got any tips on how to do this and what level to even bother trying? Me and my bro are on S6 and just can't get the S rank in under 15 minutes. Anyone have any idea how to get the S rank and tips on how to keep it under 15? We are both level 13 atm and im starting to think we just ain't good enough yet =(

Polantaris
Jun 24, 2012, 09:06 AM
You have to solo it, in my opinion. If you solo it and grab 3 NPCs, you only have to fight one Rockbear instead of two at the end. So go solo, and rush to the end but fight anything that spawns on the way. Don't take any detours, and keep an eye on the map, because the exit is always in the north.

Genji
Jun 24, 2012, 09:09 AM
The way I did it with a party was to spend the first 6-8 mins just killing stuff to fulfill the S rank requirement, and start the boss fight by the 9min mark to give yourself enough time to kill the rock bear. Just have to be wary of the lag, I missed out the first time by 2 seconds due to a massive lag spike during the boss fight.

Tsudori
Jun 24, 2012, 09:10 AM
So your saying you only have to kill creatures that spawn on your way and ignore all random areas? Me and my bro only had to fight one when we ran with no npc's though, and 2 with 2 extra npc's, does that sound right as we only just attempted it with no npc's.

Tsudori
Jun 24, 2012, 09:12 AM
Just have to be wary of the lag, I missed out the first time by 2 seconds due to a massive lag spike during the boss fight.

Yeah that happened to us except it worked in our favour as when it stopped lagging the boss was dead with 3 mins to spare.

So is it an amount of enemies that gets the S rank or something else?

Genji
Jun 24, 2012, 09:15 AM
You have to kill a certain number of regular enemies to qualify for the S rank (not sure how many you need to kill). Not sure how the game decides how difficult the fight is. I was in a party with only one other player (he was level 19 I believe, I was around level 10/11) and both times we did the quest, we had to fight two bears.

Tsudori
Jun 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah it sucks that you can't see what the criteria for the ranks on missions are =(

Ryudo
Jun 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
there's no set number of enemies you need to kill, you just need to kill everything that spawns on your path, so head for the exit as directly as possible while killing eveyrthing on your way

Polantaris
Jun 24, 2012, 09:41 AM
So your saying you only have to kill creatures that spawn on your way and ignore all random areas? Me and my bro only had to fight one when we ran with no npc's though, and 2 with 2 extra npc's, does that sound right as we only just attempted it with no npc's.

Interesting. I've never had 2 when I solo with NPCs, and I've never had only 1 whenever I have any real person with me.

If either of you are Force the fight should be pretty easy against the Rockbear. Go into First Person Mode and Foie the face like crazy. In all three tests I've been in I do at least 500 damage a hit, and he doesn't have that much HP (Actually I think it was lowered).

But yeah...just kill everything on your way to the boss, and be at the boss by 8-9 minutes and you should be fine.

Macras
Jun 24, 2012, 09:42 AM
i decent strategy i've seen is to rush into block 2, then kill things there till the 8 minute mark, then head for the boss. and when at the boss and in a party, only one person activates it so there is only one boss type.

Tsudori
Jun 24, 2012, 10:02 AM
All done now, thanks for the info guys. TO THE CAVES!

pikachief
Jun 24, 2012, 10:06 AM
there's no set number of enemies you need to kill, you just need to kill everything that spawns on your path, so head for the exit as directly as possible while killing eveyrthing on your way

Not true. I was in a party where we skipped everything but the EMERGENCY CODEs and we kill a few enemies during the boss fight and we still got an S